Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Battleground: Live as it happens

goodhelmet

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paige isn't a great worker, but she's a good worker who has the potential to be great. And c'mon Dylan, burying someone after one bad match (which I haven't seen yet so I can't comment on if I agree/disagree with your opinion on this one match)? We've seen a body of work from Paige where she's shown that she is good, but also young and prone to having deer in the headlight young worker moments. Truth is she should still probably be in NXT, but agaain I wonder how much all of the women looking a bit off in WWE is due to del Ray being the agent for the NXT matches and not the main roster ones?

I'm not burying Paige. I'm being honest about Paige and not grading her on a curve because she's a diva. People can't tell us how good/great someone is for a couple of years, and talk about how the Diva's/women need to get pushed more and then hunker down behind a wall of "they are divas give them a break" when they fall on their ass. Paige has been unimpressive her entire time on the main roster. I think she has potential to be very good, but she's not there yet and I am going to call her on it.

There are great woman's wrestlers even now. Satomura shows up a a couple of times a year and usually blows me away. Bill, you are high on Lovelace and what I've seen from her I have enjoyed a lot. I really like Kana a lot. Hell Alicia Fox has had some really fun moments on WWE tv this year. Paige however has been consistently disappointing since she was called up.

Safe to say this was not as good as Big E vs Russev. I don't think most people thought Swagger would have a chance to win the match no matter how good the segment on RAW is

I did love Lana's reaction to swagger hitting the post. Not sure if she was shocked because she thought she would get hit as well

comparing WWE women to Joshi and Indy wrestlers is asinine. The women in WWE don't have the freedom, reps, or infrastructure to be successful on that level.

Anyway I agree that Paige's recent callup to the main roster has exposed her as being green, but I just don't think that match was really on her. AJ failed to bump through the ropes on the one spot and held on to the ropes too long on the sunset flip. She also fucked up the pin by failing to just cover Paige when she had her legs up in the air.

The problem with Paige is if you go back to her NXT run she was having really solid matches so I don't know if sending her back will do any good. At this point she's only going to improve if she keeps working on live TV in front of bigger crowds.

Wait, is the moral here that Del Ray can put matches together better than Finlay or that Emma is better than AJ?

Both. Does Finlay have a great track record as an agent? del Ray does, her work in NXT is evidence of that. And Emma is possibly the most talented women on their roster, aside from maybe Sasha Banks, and when given the chance she always shines.

comparing WWE women to Joshi and Indy wrestlers is asinine. The women in WWE don't have the freedom, reps, or infrastructure to be successful on that level.

This where I side with Dylan, because I don't think it's asinine. Wrestling is wrestling, and wrestlers are wrestlers. There's no reason the women in the WWE shouldn't be compared to other female wrestlers the world over. If people aren't making such a comparison and are cutting the WWE women slack, that's unfair to them and is probably why they do get away with their less than stellar moments.