Pro Wrestling Only

Modern Indie Wrestling

concrete1992

I'm watching the the PWG From Out of Nowhere show. Meltzer really put it over in the newsletter.

Busick vs Bailey

Bailey stole the Smash show I watched recently. Busick is awesome controlling him on the mat. He's really vicious here. Bailey gets a little seperation an does a highspot that was a little convuluted. He runs off some offense with some big moves. Busick cuts him off and begins to torture his back. Bailey gets a run of offense with some amazing highspots. Busick cuts him off with a nasty European forearm. Bailey does a Shooting Star Knee drop onto Busick. Bailey is kicking Busick. Another European by Busick to turn the tide. Busick nails some sick suplex variation that gets 2. Both guys run off a couple of 2. Busick finally captures him in a rear naked choke. What a great match. They went back and forth with each getting a chance to work on top. It was a nice contrast in styles. 4*

Alexander vs Ciampa

Alexander with a big dive early. That's a choice. I prefer to build to them. Ciampa's running knee strike is nasty. He follows up with a Cannonball senton. Ciampa is working on top right now. It looks like he's going after Alexander's neck. Knee drops to his neck. Then follows up with a camel clutch with a neck vice. They battle for control and Alexander nails him with an Exploder Suplex into the corner. Theirs been a lot of counters of counters. This seems real back and forth with not long enough control segments. Which to me hurts the drama of a match. Tons of nearfalls in this. Alexander goes over. Both guys worked really hard. 2 3/4*

Beaver Boys vs Best Friends

This is a match that isn't doing anything for me It was pretty much comedy mixed in with some cool moves. It felt like a Texas Tornado match. 2*

ACH vs AR Fox

These guys have worked each other a lot. We get some comedy early with some wrestling. Some back and forth with neither having the control for long. Busting out mirror spots. AR Fox with a Reverse Shooting Star was a Holy Shit moment. ACH does a Giant Texas Clover Leaf Swing then transitions it into a Texas Clover Leaf. That was cool. Fox has some really great high spots.He needs to learn a little about story telling though. The match seems like they booked it too long. Fox does a flip bump off the stunner was overkill. I thought ACH was too cute here for his own good. A very video game feel to it. 2 3/4*

Hero vs Gulak

I don't care about Hero putting on the pounds. It's his choice. Though it feels like we have a modern day Buddy Rose in that he can still have a great match and tear it up. Some fun mat work to start. It builds to some high impact stuff. Hero delivered a low level stiff dropkick. It looks like Gulak is targeting the leg of Hero. Fuck yeah some limb work. Dragon screw in the ropes by Gulak. Hero is real good selling the leg work. Big forearm by Hero to give him some seperation. All of Hero's strikes look nasty. Moonsault into an ankle lock by Gulak which was a great moment. The finishing run is so great. Gulak using a variety of submissions to no avail. We go to strikes and Hero finishes him off with 2 pile drivers. This was a great match that told a tight story. Hero was a beast with his offense and great selling. Gulak looked great and continues his great year. 41/4*

Ricochet vs Sydal

This should be interesting. This is balls to the wall. They're incorporating Lucha spots, strong style, and some U.S psychology. Sydal tries to ground Ricochet. Ricochet hitting Sydal from all angles. We're getting a back and forth. Sydal delivers a Moonsault into a Tornado DDT. Sydal's knee strike was KO nasty. Their are so many hot moves on display here. Sydal is pretty good here being the glue. What a match. It was a high spot oriented match. That spinning tombstone at the finish was all shades of amazing. 4 1/4*

Young Bucks vs Monster Mafia

I thought Page's calling is tag work. This is a lot of fun. Nick doing the Eddie dance was great. This is a great opening shine. With the hot moves and the schtick. I absolutely loved Page's cut off spot. Monster Mafia does a spiked Blue Thunder Driver into a tope'. You've got to see this for yourself. This match is really doing wonders in elevating both guys in Monster Mafia. Now Alexander's and Nicks strike exchange blew the others 2 out of the water. This was a super hot match. I could have liked to see Mafia have a more significant heat segment. Some of the spots were pretty over the top. Still it was awesome. 3 3/4*

Strong vs Lee

Lee has this Clay Guida vibe to him. I like the mat work. They are running the ropes.Some nice Lee hope spots. Strong in control working the back.With Lee's hair it made Strong's punches look really vicious. Strong's working with a chip on his shoulder. Lee has a never die attitude. Roddy's heel work feels like a cross between Arn and Tully. Lee's vertical stomp was OMG. Lee is making a comeback. Lee with a flip dive out of nowhere. I loved Lee's arm drag as a counter to the Strong Move. The finishing run is really hot. Strong with the Strong Move to the face. 3 1/2*

As a show this was awesome. Nothing was bad. The matches had a good variety to them. We had mat wrestling,Flying,comedy, a guantlet of matches. As a show this should get some consideration as a show of the year contender. With the ROH Atlanta show, NJ Wrestle Kingdom, and Wrestlemania as a show this year. Right now it's my show of the year.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

InTheirBlood2-Web-3.png

I got tickets to this since I live in Austin.This looks like a great card. Ricochet is on it. It makes you wonder if him and ROH have something going on since ROH is running Armarillo and Oklahoma City the 2 days prior. This is all speculation on my part.

I'm probably going to write up something that covers all four of the indie shows I have hit with my brothers this week (actually the fourth of them is tomorrow with Steve Corino in the main event), but wanted to pop in here to mention that I saw AJ Styles and Jimmy Rave go almost 30 minutes for Pro South in Piedmont, Alabama tonight in a 90 degree warehouse. They drew the biggest attendance in the history of the promotion, with around 300 paid, and a lot of people turned away at the door. The match was great and the end saw Styles win with the top rope Styles Clash. Came away convinced AJ was the best in the World, and that Rave is still great and really underrated.

I just watched the Revolution Pro High Stakes show from 2/15/15. This is from my bud Parv's neck of the woods and he's only gone to one show that had Ted Dibiase as a guest. Most of these guys will be my 1st time seeing them.

The opens up with a Colt Cabana interview and angle this was well done, and pretty funny if you're a wrestling fan.

Rocky Romero vs Bodom

Romero does a good job here carrying this. Bodom seems pretty green. Romero opens with a cross arm breaker. He does a good job controlling the arm. He mixes that up with some nice looking strikes and dives. Romero's charisma also helps in carrying the match. Romero is also good at setting up Bodom for some stooge spots. I usually see Romero working with high quality workers so it was nice to see him work a guy with a solid potential . 2 3/4*

Samuels vs McCluskey

Samuels has a unique look. McCluskey is a good looking chap with some high spots. They work a solid match with Samuels controlling the match. He sets up McCluskey well to shine. McCluskey seems like a guy who'd do better in a tag team setting. 2*

Mat Classic vs Lord Grey

This is played up for comedy. Plus it played off the interview from Cabana earlier. Really fun stuff and an asset to the show.

Addiction vs 2 Unlimited

Both teams are baby faces. So Addiction plays heel in the match. 2 Unlimited seems to have watched Rockers tapes because they do a lot of cool double team moves. Though they don't get what made the Rockers a great tag team, and that is selling. They lack making the crowd get behind them. I hope eventually they get this skill down because they have potential as a tag team. 2 /3/4*

Redman/Haskins vs Hooligans

Redman has a good look and they did a great job in protecting him. Haskins looked like a really good worker. I really need to see more of him to form a more informed opinion . The Hooligans are don't have a great look, but their look fits the gimmick. They are also pretty solid workers. We start out with a wild brawl on the outside. It settles down and we get a normal tag. We see the momentum shift back and forth. The crowd thought the match was awesome and gave both teams a standing ovation. 2 1/2*

Scrull vs Ricochet

This was a good match that would have been helped by cutting 5 minutes or so. I liked the Ricochet shine early on. He busts out some killer dives and showcases his athleticism. I liked Scrull's manipulating Ricochet's digits. I dug Ricochet's counter into a payback spot by stomping Scrull's hand. Scrull was good at working on top and getting heat. The finish was pretty nasty. 3 1/4*

Styles vs Ospreay

I've talked about this match elsewhere and it's still awesome and a MOTYC. I have it 4 3/4*

Overall a real fun show. I 'm going to give this promotion more of a watch. They seem to bring in a lot of outside talent to mesh with the local talent that's really solid with a big upside.

I just watched the Revolution Pro Wrestling At Our Best 4/9/15. I'd give the show a thumbs in the middle.

I thought the opening 6 man with the Revolutionists vs McCluskey/Storm/Phoenix was fun and a perfect opener . The match had big moves with some real fun schtick. A real fun spot was Johnny Storm grabbing a kid from the crowd and body slamming him on one of the heels. Not to be outdone Samuels grabs a big guy from the audience to slam, but of course can't get him up for the slam. We get a big dive train where 2 of the workers almost killed themselves. Samuels does a great 3 stooges style bump off the top rope onto a dive pile. I'd give it 3 stars.

The other match that was good was Davey Richards vs Marty Scrull. I've never been a Richards fan. When he's not trying to put on a classic he's much more effective of a worker. Scrull was good working the arm. He was vicious working over Richard's digits. Davey was fantastic selling the digits and did a good job selling the arm. Davey was good on the mat, and his offense looked crisp. I enjoyed Scrull's counter to win, but felt he should have held the tights. Again I'd put it in the 3* range. Scrull's getting Styles in June. I like Scrull, but something seems to be missing that I can't put my finger on.

The rest of the card was ok. I was dissapointed by Galloway vs Williams match. I like both guys and was expecting more. If they delivered I think I would have given the show a thumbs up.

Anyone from Toronto go to the past two Superkick'd shows? Really fun live events and they do a decent job of integrating locals with the names they bring in. Considering it's my first times seeing any sort of 'indy darling' style wrestling live, I really enjoy it

Where do they run in Toronto, because I was unaware of them?

They run the Great Hall down on Queen St West. It is a really great venue

• 3 weeks later...

I'm watching the wXw 16 Carat Gold Tournament night 1.

This has a lot of talent in it so it could be really good. Plus it has Alan 4L on commentary

The Opening 4 way

This was to replace Ricochet who had flight problems. This was a fun match with everyone working hard, mixed in some schtick and it was really an enjoyable opener. 2 1/2

Cedric Alexander vs Marty Scurll

I like both of these guys so lets see how how it plays out. We start out with a mat wrestling sequence. Alexander uses his high flying to gain an early advantage. Scurll gains control with a nasty arm breaker followed up by a nasty running upper cut. Marty manipulates Cedric's digits. More arm work by Scurll ending with an Octopus. Cedric with a comeback. Scrull cuts him off. Cedric gets the crowd really behind . We're building to a fun stretch run. Scrull finishing stretch was very well done. 3 3/4*

Absolute Andy vs Sha Samuels

This is a pair of big boys fighting it out. A back and forth match. It's really not resonating for me. Samuels is more entertaining when he works some comedy spots in his matches. 1 1/2*

Dieter Jr. vs Thatcher

We get some pretty gritty mat work to start. I'm liking Dieter's underneath work. Thatcher dissecting the arm here. Thatcher has a lot of cool ways to work an arm and we see it fully here, Thatcher's head butt looked pretty weak, but the announcers put it over big. Now Dieter's looked nasty. 3 3/4*

Chris Sabin vs Tommy End

End has been getting a lot of buzz lately. He has a long history in wXw. We're getting a lot of counter wrestling to start. Sabin uses his speed to gain control. End uses his strikes to get back in the game. A little too many momentum shifts for my liking. Still a good match 3*

Uhaa Nation vs Keel

Nation has a lot of charisma. They seem to lack chemistry in the match. A so so match. 1 3/4*

I'm going to take a break at finish up at another time.

Harada vs Kim Ray

The crowd hates Ray. Ray uses a lot of kicks. Harada used a nice belly to belly throw. Transitions seem to be lacking here. Harada's offense looks real crisp though. Ray comes across real samey with the amounts of kicks he uses. 1 3/4*

Andrew Everett vs Dreiskker

Dreiskker won the 4 way early to get into the tournament. I like the cat and mouse stuff early. Everett using his speed and high flying to keep the Avalanche off balance. Dreiskker using high impact stuff and using his weight to work over Everett. The momentum shifted back and forth with neither guy having long heat/or shine segments. Overall it was solid wrestling. 2 1/4*

Sabre Jr. vs Axel Tischer

Sabre Jr is having a good year all over the world. The grappling early is well done. This is straight up mat wrestling Tischer after eating a couple of forearms nails Sabre with a big boot. Flying armbar by Sabre. Sabre Jr. was so crisp with his moves. Tischer going after Sabre Jr.s neck with high impact stuff was nice. Sabre Jr going after the arm was great. Their were a lot of nifty attempted submissions from both guys The finishing run of submissions and big moves was great. Tischer's no sell of the Dragon Suplex pissed me off a bit. The top rope spot was a tad sloppy . Sabre finally finishes it just about as nasty as a finish that I've seen. A couple of things kept this out of the rare air of matches. Even so I might have this in my top 10 right now. 4 1/4*

Mixed tag match

I'm going to see the World's Cutest tag team live on Sunday at an Inspire Pro Show on Sunday. The crowd was loving this. Me it was what it was.

I thought the show was a solid show. It was a mixed bag in it was inconsistent. I thought the commentary team was pretty good. It took them a match or 2 but after that they got their chemistry down. I thought they were good at calling the moves, giving background on the wrestlers, and making it seem like a real sport they were calling. The one draw back was I thought they could have tried to get over the story of the match. The exception was the Thatcher match and Sabre Jr match where they were on point at trying to get the story of the match over. I have 2 more nights and I hope these guys get more opportunities to do commentary together.

wXw 16 Carat Gold Night 2

We get another mixed tag to start this show

I'm not a fan of the intergender stuff. Some people like it so more power to them. I really liked the schtick the girls did. The girls worked really hard here. I'd be curious what a Sasha or Charlotte would do with them. Overall it was entertaining.

Tommy End vs Andrew Everett

This has potential. End really looks like a tough guy. This is a total differences in styles. Everett starts out with his high spots too soon and End kills him dead. End with a nasty punch. Everett on the comeback trail. End cuts him off. Nasty knee strike by End. Man these guys need to use some transitions. They went from big move to big move with minimal selling. Everett reminds me of Pac/Neville 2 1/2*

Marty Scrull vs Axel Dieter jr.

Scrull is great early on mixing up nasty strikes. Scrull is pretty nasty working the arm. Dieter was great at working a comeback. Scrull again is a great heel on top. The crowd is so behind Dieter. Flash pin. The work was really good here and made up most of the time. 3 1/2*

6 Way Dance

Their was a lot going on here,

John Klinger vs Draganoff

This is a hard hitting affair. The build here is both guys were in solitare so they are agressive. A total smash mouth type of wrestling. It has a real Finlay/Regal match feel to it. Draganoff's chest looks like hamburger. This match was nuts. The momentum shifts could have been done better, but man this was as a hard hitting affair as I've seen all year. These guys made Shemus strikes look pussy like. 4*

I'll finish this later.

I really liked End vs Everett as Tommy exploited all of Everetts weaknesses, I described Everett as having a "Low Wrestling IQ" to other fans attending - and I didn't try to be mean with that phrase! So with that in mind I do think that the match structure was fine as End had a reason to constantly disrupt the PWO beloved schematic flow of a stereotypical wrestling match. I have not seen the match on tape yet I should add.

Did you also get Ambition? Since they decided to have those events during the +3 day weekends the atmosphere has gotten 100x better and I would expect that it makes a video purchase a lot more worthwhile (the crowd is no in pro wrestling mode!).

Prior to I think it was Night 2 the wXw office guys had something of an inofficial Q&A with the fans and they did say that the moved Ambition to the tournament weekend as a last ditch effort and it totally was the best thing that could happen to it. They elaborated that "so many guys do BJJ sparrings prior to the show that it would be kind of stupid not to run such a brand as they'd just continue with such shows behind closed doors" . What a ridiculous reason not to cancel a concept but I surely don't mind :)

I did not get Ambition. I'm not real familiar with wXw but saw some people praising the work in it and decided to check out 16 Carat. I'm now going to check out more stuff.

The Everett/End match seemed to be a match that would get over better live than tape, and the crowd ate it up.

Absolute Andy vs Keel

This is a big boy match. Andy is good working the crowd. Some of Andy's offense seems light. I didn't feel this one at all. 1 1/2*

Sabre Jr. vs Harada

Man super quick on the mat. Loved Harada's Oklahoma roll. The counter wrestling is off the chart. Zack eats a lightning quick belly to belly, and an even quicker Dragon Screw. Then nails him with a superplex. In an amazing spot catches Harada off a dive into an armbar. The rope running spots were just nasty. Harada had him on the ropes and we get a flash pin. Great stuff. 3 3/4*

Alexander vs Tischer vs Uhaa Nation vs Sabin

So far has been a super fun match. A real go go go. The dives were really well built to. Tons of hot moves. This is one of those Killer multi match matches that is gaining poularity on shows. This was a great spectacle. 4*

Beck vs Big Daddy Walter

Big time hoss battle. Beck grinding his forearm across Walter's forehead.I thought this dragged and was boring. 1 1/2*

Another good show. The good matches were really good. We got a great crowd, and another thumbs up show.

The Inspire Pro show was a lot of fun. The main event of ACH vs Andy Dalton was really good. It started slow but really developed into a really good match. Dalton is a great heel and ACH is one of the best faces around especially in Austin. Felt like a 3 1/2* match

The other stand out match was the 4 way Jcrown match. The champ Steve O'Reno who's a good worker vs Ricochet vs Donovan Danhausen vs Jiggle o James. Danhausen really impresssed me . It was my 1st time seeing him and comes from the Busik, Gulak mold.They combined comedy, hot action, big dives, and just a lot of fun. Also in the 3 1/2*

JOJO Bravo was fun, and the Pump Patrol are a good act live.

I'm quite lucky, in that I've got 5/6 decent indies operating within a one hour drive from my house (thought my favourite of the bunch, Triple X Wrestling, have been on hiatus since the end of 2014). The largest of them is a company called Southside Wrestling, who regularly run shows at a leisure centre that's only a 5 minute walk from my house, where over the past three years I've seen them bring in guys like Sabu, X-Pac, Devitt, Super Crazy, Beretta, Jannetty...even an unadvertised Chris Masters match.

Anyway, last Saturday they ran their annual Speed King tournament, where their cruiserweight title is put up for grabs. Really puts the champion at a massive disadvantage, as he has to enter the tournament to retain his title, with six first round matches leading to the winners competing in a big 6 man elimination match to decide the winner. This years tournament was a whole heap of fun. Of the opening round matches, four were perfectly fine (Justin Gabriel vs Robbie X, Matt Sydal vs El Ligero, Will Ospreay vs Martin Kirby and Kenny King vs Jimmy Havoc), and two were really fun.

The opener was Pete Dunne vs the Amazing Red, and it was the best of the first round matches. Had no idea what shape Red would be in, but he looked in pretty much the same shape as his last TNA run and put in a good shift here. Dunne has really upped his game in the last 18 months to become one of the most consistent guys in the UK - he had a match against Zack Sabre Jr last January that was the best match I've seen in person - and he's worked hard to get into shape after developing a bit of a potbelly last summer.

Marty Scurll vs Flash Morgan Webster was a fun sneaky heel vs underdog clash, with Scurll trying all manner of heel chicanery to put Webster away before getting caught with a flash pin. Last time I saw Scurll was a few years back in his "Party Marty" gimmick, but he's now grown a beard, put his hair in a topknot and re-invented himself as a villain, complete with an umbrella as foreign object and a load of nasty arm work and digit manipulation.

The main event 6 way was really fun. You had 5 faces (Ospreay, X, Ligero, Red and Webster) and one heel (Havoc), but it worked really well with the faces all busting out highflying moves and Havoc trying his best to just batter them out of midair. He even broke up a tower of doom spot by kicking the guy doing the powerbomb in the gut, and shoving all the other off the ropes to the floor - massive heel heat for that. He ended up eliminating four guys by himself, until he was only left with El Ligero. Ligero is one of the hardest working guys in the country - on Saturday alone he worked 4 matches due to appearing twice on another show in the afternoon - but 12 months ago he was a guy I was really getting fed up with, as it felt like he was getting to the point of just going through the motions. In the past six months though, he's been back to his best. I've seen him working goofy comedy bouts with local academy workers, work streetfights and brawls against much larger guys and put on really gripping matches against other high-flyers in the UK, and it feels like the old spark is back. That he's so beloved by the fans here, and Havoc is so hated, made the closing moments of this match incredibly heated. Havoc came THIS close to winning via countout after hurling Ligero through the merch stand, and there was an audible sense of relief in the crowd when Ligero got in at the last second. When Ligero picked up the win with a tornado DDT, the crowd went nuts, and a massive feel good ending to a day of good wrestling makes the whole day feel worth it.

wXw 16 Carat Gold day 3

Sabre Jr. vs. Dieter Jr.

Sabre Jr. is so comfortable on the mat. Dieter's ankle pick was slick. This is a feeling out process. I like the play off previous matches.Loving Zach working the leg. This has gone from a chess match into a strike fest. Dieter counters a front guillatine into a suplex. This has really broken down into a heck of a match 3 1/2*

Absolute Andy vs Tommy End

This has been a pretty hard hitting match. Andy delivers an F5 from the top rope. That should never be kicked out of. They're hitting big moves here. This was a lot of fun, just big move after big move. This wasn't very nuanced though. 2 3/4*

I'll finish later

Melanie Gray vs Kay Lee Ray

This was just quick and nothing to it. 1*

Thatcher vs Harada vs Ray vs Klinger

This is a fun little 4 way. Just all action. 3*

French Flavor vs WCTT

Decided to skip this

Dragunov vs Tischer

Guys are trading arm bars to start. Both working the arm. A clear feeling out process. Dragunov takes a shoulder bumb into the post and Tischer goes after it. Give credit to Dragunov credit for his big time selling. This is a real solid match. Dragunov does the little things so well. Good match. 3 1/4*

The Rotation vs Dreiskker

Squash

I.m skipping the tag match

Scurll vs Sabin

Scrull going after the shoulder. He's using the Octopus as a weapon. Scurll seems laser focused on the shoulder. Scurll has a shot at my top 50 wrestlers of the year list. Sabin is doing a good job working the neck. I loved Scurll's cut off with the finger manipulation. Overall good stuff. 2 3/4*

Alexander/Everett vs Da Mack/Uhaa Nation

We get a fun dance off to start. Uhaa Nation does a back flip off the apron and stuck the landing on the ringside chairs. We got a big dive train. This is turning into a fun spotfest. So many hot moves where everyone shined. Not a lot of story, but tons of fun. 3 1/2*

Dieter Jr. vs. End

Man they're putting it all on the line. This is some hard hitting stuff. It's very intense. The setting up of the table wasn't needed. Tommy End's Death Stomp is nasty. End's Submission is sick looking. The crowd is eating this up. A great babyface performance from Dieter Jr. This was really good. 3 1/2*

Another good show and I'd suggest going out and buying all 3 days.

What am I doing in this thread? I don't know either. But I saw this card when I was...looking at stuff and I thought "hmm I might enjoy that. Or I might hate it and decide to continue spending the majority of my time watching old territory stuff. But I will watch it and decide." So here we are:

Wrestlecon Supershow
March 28th, 2015
San Jose, CA

ACH vs. John Hennigan

Before this match they do that stupid "show highlights of the show before the first match so we show you all the best high spots before the first bell even rings" thing. I am familiar with the name ACH but that is all. I am going to be rating him on a "would I hire this guy in my TEW game" scale. They clown around for the first few minutes but it was ok they didn't let it run too long and ACH just has a really goofy charisma that makes this stuff work. Once they start to really have a match ACH is kind of fun being a dick and trolling the crowd like faking out Hennigan on a dive and then slapping him on the back after he ducks down and just giving this shit eating grin to the crowd. Morrison even responds properly by punching him in the face. I kind of even like this commentary team of Excalibur and I don't know. I do not like this "Stone Cold" ACH thing where he just suddenly turned into Steve Austin, does he do that all the time? Morrison wins with Starship Pain. Other than that Stone Cold ACH bit, I actively liked this match. ACH passes the TEW scale and I await his decision.

Jake Manning vs. Matt Striker

I expect to hate this. Jake Manning is doing his Man Scout gimmick and the crowd chants "Where's our cookies" at him. Matt has some of the worst gear I've ever seen what the hell. There was a preshow but this match was not on it. How is that possible? Whoa Striker goes for some surprise roll up off the bat that was kinda cool. Oh great Striker stops wrestling to grab a mic and calls out some fan to get in the ring? Matt apparently got his panties ruffled over a fan telling him to go back to commentary. Manning calls for a time out to sit in the corner and read the Scout Handbook. He's been doing this gimmick for years...how is that possible? Striker wants to talk some more but the mic doesn't work so I guess they have to wrestle now and oh it's just a kick wham Pedigree. This was short so it avoided being terrible. Jake Manning fails the TEW scale though.

Brian Kendrick vs. Cedric Alexander

I didn't like this. This was too much big move trading, 2.9, dueling crowd chant bullshit for me. And then the finish is Kendrick winning with a roll up after being powerslammed. Cedric also fails the TEW scale. At least it was short.

Aero Star vs. Andrew Everett vs. Jack Evans

Jack Evans has been around forever and I honestly don't think I've ever seen one Jack Evans match. I am interested in doing so. I think I am familiar with the Aero Star name, definitely not Andrew Everett though. Aero Star has a cool outfit. This is everything I don't like about triple threats with super contrived and choreographed spots galore. Andrew Everett is like the king of wasted motion here as he is adding all kinds of unnecessary flips to everything, just go be a gymnast dude. This is a terrible setup for doing dives but they do them anyway. Evans does a backflip instead of hitting the ropes and somehow still completes it smoothly despite clearly slipping on the bounce. He's either really lucky or really good. Good god Jack Evans loves to do flips. He at least makes them feel more organic and turns them into actual offense more than Everett. These guys try to get way too fancy and fuck up a lot of shit in this match. Even Aero Star who I was digging makes himself look like a complete fool by trying to go from one corner to the other by walking the 2nd rope and instead getting hung up and falling. My disappointment builds at every kickout. This is not awesome you tools. Aero Star wins with a top rope Canadian Destroyer. That felt way more dangerous than what was warranted for a throwaway triple threat. Not sure if even Aero Star passed the TEW scale. Andrew Everett is a definite no.

Abyss, Brian Myers, Chris Hero, Drew Gulak, James Storm & Tommaso Ciampa vs. Big Ryck, Colt Cabana, Matt Sydal, The Dudley Boyz & Tommy Dreamer (Bubba Ray Dudley & D-Von Dudley)

What a mixed bag of guys I either don't know, don't like, kinda like and then a few I really like. 12 people seems like too many though. I'm getting tired now though and don't expect to make it through what is most likely gonna be a long match so I'll edit in this match and the next 2 tomorrow.

AR Fox, Jushin Thunder Liger & Ricochet vs. Roderick Strong & The Addiction (Christopher Daniels & Kazarian)

No Disqualification: Rob Van Dam & Sabu vs. The Hardys (Jeff Hardy & Matt Hardy)