Pro Wrestling Only

Blogs

Matt D

I'm planning on watching a massive amount of matches for this project. I don't necessarily want to write them all up though. I'm sure other people are in the same boat, that they might want to note a couple of sentences per match, have it somewhere easy to find, but it's not really a ton to add to a microscope or nominee note. I was wondering if people thought it made sense to use the site's underutilized Blog function for this, or should we just have people make individual threads on what they're watching? The "Ditch rewatching thread" or the "KrisZ obscure watching thread" or what not.

• 4 weeks later...

Just reading Alan's blog post now and I got into puro the same way! Can you remember, a few weeks before The Wrestling Channel actually launched, you could dial in a certain frequency through a certain menu in Sky and you'd be able to see them testing the signal and their programming? I remember vividly because it showed two things on a loop: Al Snow's RFVideo Shoot Interview and a NOAH show that had a tag main event with, I think, Kobashi and Marufuji in it. I remember watching that and really enjoying it in my 14 year old smark way of "hating" WWE. As a side note, TWC was such a disappointment for how cool it could have been.

Just reading Alan's blog post now and I got into puro the same way! Can you remember, a few weeks before The Wrestling Channel actually launched, you could dial in a certain frequency through a certain menu in Sky and you'd be able to see them testing the signal and their programming? I remember vividly because it showed two things on a loop: Al Snow's RFVideo Shoot Interview and a NOAH show that had a tag main event with, I think, Kobashi and Marufuji in it. I remember watching that and really enjoying it in my 14 year old smark way of "hating" WWE. As a side note, TWC was such a disappointment for how cool it could have been.

because I was on NTL and not Sky for the first few weeks of TWC, my buddy had to record stuff for me. Can't remember if he started getting stuff pre-launch. I do remember those awesome SUPERSHOW SUNDAYS though! I loved loved loved the IWA Mid South shows.