Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-09-27-WCW-Nitro] The Total Package

Loss

• 1 month later...

One of the strangest vignettes to ever air on WCW TV, with Lex Luger having a funeral to really weird effects. A veiled woman puts flowers on his grave while Luger rises from the dead and follows her. The veiled woman then shows up in front of the crowd and reveals herself to be Elizabeth and Luger must only be known as The Total Package moving ahead. Whoa, Liz's dress. In the center of ring, Luger does some poses for a few minutes to wrap this segment up. Funny to see Luger very much looking 41 years old everywhere except his upper body.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I know it's a Scott Keith joke, but calling him The Total Parcel still cracks me up. I'm not sure why Flexy Lexy needed a rebranding as he was in a main event angle. Yet here we have The Narcissist reborn. WBF! WBF! The commentators start discussing his deltoids etc. Nothing could ever match Gorilla and Jesse on the Super Posedown, so don't even try it.

Just watched on YouTube and thought it was a pretty awesome segment as we get one of the wackiest pro wrestling vignettes followed by Lex doing a posing routine that wouldn't look out of place on a bodybuilding stage. Liz looks great too. Has anyone ever combined bodybuilding aesthetics with pro wrestling psychology as well as Lex?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, you certainly can't accuse this of being cookie-cutter like a bunch of other 1999 WCW vignettes.

Tony: "We have the unveiling of a new Total Package tonight."

(Liz takes off funeral garb to show foxy cocktail dress) Bobby: "AND LOOK AT IT!"

I LOL'd. Luger's head literally looks like it's been Shopped onto another body--he looks like Sting in those Capitol Combat promos. Tony: "Wow, what a moment." Okay, tone it down, Jim Nantz.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-09-27-WCW-Nitro] The Total Package