Pro Wrestling Only

Reinstating Rovert

concrete1992

Did he get blocked? He says so on Twitter and I don't have a reason not to believe him.

Okay, so Rovert can be a bit of a dick at times on here and on Twitter but I really can't imagine his joke, which was shit but not in a rude way just in a "How bout airplane food?!" type of way, being the final straw for him. He truly does enjoy this place even if at times it doesn't really show when he doesn't explicitly say it. But yeah, dude deserves to be here.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he's been banned from the board. It's not just because of what happened on Twitter. It's primarily because he likes making passive-aggressive generalizations about PWO as a whole when he has a disagreement with something someone said instead of responding to the individual. He has been asked to stop doing that more than one time - nicely. He has continued to do it. His cheapshot on Twitter was not the first time he has done this. I have a feeling that if we brought him back, it would only continue.

If he wants to take swipes at the board, that's fine, but he doesn't have to post here anymore. I was tired of hearing so much complaining about him from others anyway.

The two of us went back and forth on Twitter today and he claimed that he was just making a joke. I believe him, but the joke was yet another sarcastic attempt to bash the board. If it genuinely was not intended that way, then I guess he's the boy that cried wolf and that's a shame.

I'd prefer not to have a big back-and-forth about this, and I'm hoping that by being fully transparent that we won't need one. But if anyone disagrees with this decision, they can post here. I only ask that you keep it contained to this thread.

Will keep it only contained to this thread.

I understand his past on why you would be more prone to blow up over the comment. It didn't even come off as a passive aggressive shot to most, including myself. It was an innocent joke. PWO is a place I would associate with high level WON HOF discussion and a place I expect to be more in favor of a guy like Dick than Tanahashi. Is there a consensus? Nah, and I think everyone, including rovert, knows that. In this case it was an innocent comment that I think half of the posters, maybe less so than the most regular posters, could have made. And I can't begin to understand why he would crack on a guy he likes and a place he likes in the same breath. In this case, we've decided to use precedent to too far a degree.

If nothing else it makes PWO come off as a much less welcoming place. I happen to believe that their are two scenarios where he would come off as trying to take a shot at PWO 1)Posting directly on here 2)Not tagging PWO in his twitter post. He was expecting it, probably like most that saw the tweet, to be taken in good fun and in NO way a shot at this board. Rovert is a big proponent of this place and the PWO network of podcasts. Since Murdoch had a feature on him for the WON HOF through PWO PTBN podcast "Good Will Wrestling" it seems like at least he could have a somewhat valid connection between PWO and Dick Murdoch even if he knew and was not attempting to imply ALL of PWO associated with this view.

Not even a massive Rovert fan cause he can be abrasive at times but at the end of the day I think PWO is a more complete place with him here. Much like if Joe or Rich got banned it would feel a heck of a lot more unwelcoming. So lets just give him another shot.

Pretty big overreaction Loss,sure Rovert can be a bit of a know it all at times but i've never seen him going out of his way to bash PWO infact if he hadn't posted links to some topics on here in the past i probably would never have found it not to mention him recommending the PWO podcasts only today like in the pic.

nNqtADf.png

The difference between Rovert and Joe and Rich is that Rovert has a history of being banned other places, usually for doing the same sort of things he did here or worse. I think we can bring up the posts where he was warned. This wasn't one incident or overnight. Frankly, given his behavior and personality and unwillingness to even seem to understand compromise, let alone actually do it, I think it's a more welcoming website without him. At the end of the day, this is Charles and Will's place, and I know that if I broke their rules repeatedly and without remorse, I'd get canned. It's happened to friends of mine too for doing exactly that. I think they're pretty fair and consistent and that's part of why we have such a high level of discourse here.

I hate to defend rovert because I generally find him to be annoying and a bit ridiculous but if you were going to pick a board to mention as the "pro-Murdoch" board I'd say this one would fit. Looking up the twitter post it seems fairly harmless and not along the same lines of his "you guys are pretending to like Mark Henry & Big Show matches" stuff.

You could say you overreacted in this instance and were willing to use your powers as a mod as continuation of your reaction.

But you won't say that. Or anything like that for that matter. Which is slightly unfortunate.

The board has been more than lenient with tons of posters. WildPegasus was allowed to post inane nonsense for years, jdw and JvK used to get into topic wrecking fights and Bix is open about being a fan of Kane. All banworthy actions. He's grown boy and I'm sure he can discuss this with Loss and Goodhelmet without his friend petitioning for him back. To act like this isn't a case of the straw breaking the camel's back and instead an irrational banishment is nonsense though.

You could say you overreacted in this instance and were willing to use your powers as a mod as continuation of your reaction.

But you won't say that. Or anything like that for that matter. Which is slightly unfortunate.

The board has been more than lenient with tons of posters. WildPegasus was allowed to post inane nonsense for years, jdw and JvK used to get into topic wrecking fights and Bix is open about being a fan of Kane. All banworthy actions. He's grown boy and I'm sure he can discuss this with Loss and Goodhelmet without his friend petitioning for him back. To act like this isn't a case of the straw breaking the camel's back and instead an irrational banishment is nonsense though.

Not acting like this was OUT OF NOWHERE as far as Rovert having prior instances. It is irrational in the sense of the straw. A nothing statement shouldn't break the camel's back. He didn't ask for me to make a post and honestly wouldn't consider myself friends with him all that much. Just don't think this action, even if it is in addition to all the others, adds up.

It wasn't that he mentioned Murdoch, it was that he implied that we would all be so infuriated by him not making the HOF that we would have to "close (the board) down". That's equivalent to accusing everyone of pretending to like Big Show and Mark Henry. Had he never made the Show-Henry comments, I never would have interpreted it that way.

It wasn't that he mentioned Murdoch, it was that he implied that we would all be so infuriated by him not making the HOF that we would have to "close (the board) down". That's equivalent to accusing everyone of pretending to like Big Show and Mark Henry. Had he never made the Show-Henry comments, I never would have interpreted it that way.

That is reaching to an incredible degree.

Sometimes it is best if people part ways. He won't be reinstated. We aren't going to publicly shit on him. We are going to move on. Hopefully we have enough here for people to stick around with the Microscope, GWE project, yearbook project, fantasy booking, historical research, etc. If one missing person is going to stain your thoughts on the entire board, that would be unfortunate... but we are going to continue as before minus one member.

REINSTATE THE MACHO MAN!

DONNA MARTIN GRADUATES!

"Close X down" is kind of a stock joke, though. I think that's what he was going for.