Pro Wrestling Only

Titans of Wrestling #38: WWWF April 1975

http://placetobenation.com/titans-of-wrestling-38-wwwf-april-1975/

titans.jpg

Parv, Pete, Johnny and Kelly jump back into the Leaping Lanny machine to the murky depths of 1975 for more thrilling grappling action.

On the docket tonight:

04-02 BLACKJACKS vs DON KERNODLE/MR HAYASHI

04-01 ANDRE THE GIANT vs JACK EVANS/JOHNNY RODZ/BIG JOE NOVA

04-01 TONY GAREA vs THE WOLFMAN ANTONIO ROCCA REFEREE

04-09 BRUNO SAMMARTINO vs BOBBY DUNCUM TEXAS DEATH MATCH

05-27 DICKHEAD STRONGBOW/RIVERA vs KOWALSKI/DUNCUM

Highlights include:

Bios for Antonio Rocca, The Wolfman and some random jobbers

Grumpy Pete

Rocky Raymond is back and with a vengeance!

Kowolskis mask and the great toupee-glue trials of 75

And wrestlers who were also teachers

You've got your Beasts mixed up. Dave McKigney was based out of Ontario, ran an outlaw circuit and wrestled Ted the bear. The bear, incidentally, killed his wife. McKigney died in the same accident that killed Adrian Adonis.

The Beast from the Maritimes was the older brother of Leo Burke and Bobby Kay. Last name Cormier, if I remember correctly. He had several world title shots over the years, and did several territory tours. His last match would have been in the late 80s or early 90s for Grand Prix. He was horse lover, and won several shows around the Maritimes.

You've got your Beasts mixed up. Dave McKigney was based out of Ontario, ran an outlaw circuit and wrestled Ted the bear. The bear, incidentally, killed his wife. McKigney died in the same accident that killed Adrian Adonis.

The Beast from the Maritimes was the older brother of Leo Burke and Bobby Kay. Last name Cormier, if I remember correctly. He had several world title shots over the years, and did several territory tours. His last match would have been in the late 80s or early 90s for Grand Prix. He was horse lover, and won several shows around the Maritimes.

Damn, I should have studied McKigney more closely. The Terrible Ted story would have made for a great bio. His Wiki page is amazing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrible_Ted

Damn, I should have studied McKigney more closely. The Terrible Ted story would have made for a great bio. His Wiki page is amazing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrible_Ted

He's also the subject of possibly the best wrestling book ever written - Drawing Heat. It's written by a cultural anthropologist who toured around with him for a while. This is post bear. But it is a great view of wrestling on the margins in the 70s and 80s.

• 2 weeks later...