Pro Wrestling Only

Updates!

WingedEagle

I think I've flipped back to Flair as #1 and Jumbo as #2. I might have to toss a coin on the day.

Every now and then I consider someone else other than Flair as my #1 and then I see a promo, or a match or even just a little something from a match Flair does and back he goes to #1 - it s a total package game for me and Flair has everything. Still time for that to change though, but its going to take some doing.

I think I've flipped back to Flair as #1 and Jumbo as #2. I might have to toss a coin on the day.

Every now and then I consider someone else other than Flair as my #1 and then I see a promo, or a match or even just a little something from a match Flair does and back he goes to #1 - it s a total package game for me and Flair has everything. Still time for that to change though, but its going to take some doing.

Flair can rank anywhere from 3-12 for me.

Funk is above. Lawler is above. Hansen, Jumbo, Kawada, Santo, Satanico, Rey Jr, Misawa, Kobashi and Bockwinkel could all be higher.

Funk is above. Lawler is above. Hansen, Jumbo, Kawada, Santo, Satanico, Rey Jr, Misawa, Kobashi and Bockwinkel could all be higher.

Might I ask why or is that too big a topic?

Might I ask why or is that too big a topic?

We can open it up to a bigger topic, but I have a lot of issues with Flair. He gets that high based on the insane volume of great matches. I think he isn't very smart in the ring.

For those considering not voting... it's supposed to be fun. Don't make it a chore. Don't make it work. Don't worry about how comprehensive your list will be. Even somebody like Dylan, myself, Loss, Kris who have watched ungodly amounts of footage have blind spots, have biases that prevent us from enjoying certain wrestlers and will ultimately vote (if the others vote) on guys they like more than guys they don't enjoy. It's not science. I also don't know why somebody else would take your enjoyment away unless they are attacking you personally. The fun in projects like this are arguing for guys you love and then seeing the results when the smoke clears.

Good thinking, thanks, Will. I know I tend to think to myself "well shit, I watch less wrestling than [you guys] and haven't seen even remotely as much, what's the point of my ballot in comparison?" But I've got time and I'll keep chugging away. Even though I havent' posted much about it here, this project has already been a ton of fun for me to keep looking up new people or for new materials on old people I've seen before.

• 2 months later...

Disappointed Matt hasn't nominated Bobby Bass yet

While we have some varied Bass performances, I just don't think there's enough out there. I'm sure people with more easy access to Maritimes footage than I do would feel otherwise.

There's a special place in my heart for guys like Chris Colt, Rip Rogers, and Bass, but I just don't know if I could sneak them onto my list. If I do, it's only because I've seen so little footage when it comes to certain other things.