Pro Wrestling Only

1988 Wrestler of the Year Contenders

goodhelmet

I might do a rematch soon, I had a fair few of them at ****+ and remember being totally blown away by some of them. This was maybe a decade ago though.

They were surely far and away the best two workers in WWF circa 88. Only shame is that they were married so much, we didn't get a ton of other Ted or other Savage.

There's also a couple of matches I've not seen. Not sure if I've ever watched the Boston or Philly legs. MSG cage, Wrestlefest and one of the SNME are what stand out to me off hand.

I may do a show on it just to motivate a watch. Then again, I might not. We'll see.

I just watched the Ted-Savage stuff last week and can confirm it is very, very solid work all around. I think the MSG Cage is really solid and the WrestleFest match is off the charts (4*).

Never seen a Demolition match that didn't bore me to tears or just annoy the piss out of me. But I'll give them their fair shake and watch the Rockers, Bulldogs, and Hart stuff tonight.

Be carefull with the SummerSlam match as the commentators miss everything great. From Demos subtlety stealing Harts offense (due to inside knowledge from Jimmy) to the fact Bret's shoulder gets rammed through Fuji's cane. Very cool stuff.

Here's what I pulled from various Demolition comp listings:

Demolition vs. The Can-Am Connection (Maple Leaf Gardens 3-15-87)

Demolition vs. The Can-Am Connection (Boston Garden 6-6-87, includes Interview)

Demolition/Hart Foundation/Bolsheviks/New Dream Team/Islanders vs. Strike Force/Bulldogs/Killer Bees/Rougeau
Brothers/Young Stallions (Survivor Series 11-26-87)

Demolition vs. Strike Force (Wrestlemania IV 03-27-88)
Demolition vs. Strike Force (Madison Square Garden 4-25-88)

Demolition vs. Strike Force (Boston Garden 5-7-88)

Demolition vs. The British Bulldogs (Maple Leaf Gardens 3-15-87)

Demolition vs. The British Bulldogs (Saturday Night's Main Event #16: Aired 4-30-88)
Demolition vs. The British Bulldogs (Madison Square Garden 7-25-88)
Demolition vs. The British Bulldogs (Wrestlefest 7-31-88)
Demolition vs. The British Bulldogs (Boston Garden 8-6-88)

Demolition vs. The British Bulldogs (Philadelphia Spectrum 9-24-88)
Demolition vs. The British Bulldogs (Paris France 10-7-88)

Demolition vs. The British Bulldogs (Maple Leaf Gardens 11-06-88)

Demolition vs. The Hart Foundation (8-29-88, Summerslam 88)

Demolition vs. The Hart Foundation (Saturday Night Main Event 10-29-88)

Demolition vs. The Rockers (Madison Square Garden 10-24-88)
Demolition v. The Rockers (SNME 7/28/90)

Off the top of my head, I know I have at least 10 of these matches readily available.

Gotta join forces with Parv here. Don't think they'd win my woty, but Savage and DiBiase would absolutely be in contention for me. I do feel that if they had a run with that level of matches in any other promotion, more would agree. It seems like a little bias against wwf is playing into it. ... For 88, I think I'm for Lawler maybe.