Pro Wrestling Only

Things left to be Settled

Grimmas

On expansion I have no problem with it and in fact some of my decisions have been made under the assumption that expansion might be occurring. The reality is that the Portland territory cannot sustain a regular foster of thirty some odd regular performers and talents as it was constituted in 1983. Don Owen has no interest in going national but there are picks that would not have been made, and tentative agreements that would not have been lined up if very limited expansion was known to be forbidden. Having said this Portland will abide by any collective decision made. That said if it is decided that expansion is forbidden in any and all forms, Portland will renounce it's NWA membership and become a fully isolationist group, but continue to move forward on those terms.

On expansion I have no problem with it and in fact some of my decisions have been made under the assumption that expansion might be occurring. The reality is that the Portland territory cannot sustain a regular foster of thirty some odd regular performers and talents as it was constituted in 1983. Don Owen has no interest in going national but there are picks that would not have been made, and tentative agreements that would not have been lined up if very limited expansion was known to be forbidden. Having said this Portland will abide by any collective decision made. That said if it is decided that expansion is forbidden in any and all forms, Portland will renounce it's NWA membership and become a fully isolationist group, but continue to move forward on those terms.

Exactly.

The NWA can be against expansion, but who says you have to be a part of the NWA?

The WWF's position on expansion is that no one should run in markets already established by another NWA promotion. In cases where two promotions are running in the same state an amicable agreement should be made on who runs which towns, much like in the recent settlements between WWF and GCW over Ohio.

The WWF would also like to make clear that California was not an expansion but an acquisition when Mike Le Bell sold his promotion to Vince McMahon. This is why it will be running LA, San Diego and San Jose but does not lay claim to San Francisco. It will not oppose another group wishing to run San Francisco.

The WWF supports Bob Giegel to continue as NWA President.

I'd like to try and hash these things out, or at the very least get some kind of ruling on what is gonna happen with El Gran Apollo. He quits wrestling and heads off back to Cuba in 1984. I don't care if he has to retire on the real timeline, I just need to know how to treat him going forward. If he's retiring in 1984 he'll be a big pain in my ass backstage being a prima donna and refusing to blade to get my angles over.

That would give me someone who Abdullah the Butcher can retire...