Pro Wrestling Only

Things left to be Settled

Grimmas

1. Injuries

Proposal: Roll a dice, there is that many injuries that month. Random Number generator selects the wrestler and promotion on who is injured. The amount of months they are injured are determined by a roll of a dice. Real life injuries up the chances of being injured in game.

2. Retirement

Proposal: If people are retire they retire and if people are retired they stay retired. If you want to try to bring someone out of retirement, we make a random chance game that comes out of rolling dice or a random number generator. Maybe make restrictions on how many times and who can ask for the chance to do it.

3. NWA President and Championship Committee

Proposal: People who want to be president can ask to be president and we vote on it. People who want to be committee do the same. President controls booking of NWA Champion, committee decides on who gets to be champion and all NWA matters. Another option is we just keep the same president as is current in July 1983 (I have no idea who that is).

4. Expansion & War

No idea how to handle this. If you want to challenge another territory, maybe a vote on which card was better and some kind of penalty if you invade and put on a worse show?

5. Freelancers

We have the rules, but we need a list of who wants to take turns controlling them. I don't want to assume every promotion wants to be in charge for a month. Once we know who wants to take turns in charge, we can do a random number generation to determine the order.

Southwest absolutely wants a turn controlling the freelancers.

Here is another thing to consider with that. If we are changing the handlers of freelancers every month, it's possible you could make a date with one promoter in September to give you Bruiser Brody in November for your big Thanksgiving show. But in November someone else is handling the freelancers and he might decide to have Brody no show your card to go to his. Or to someone else who offered him something he couldn't refuse.

It's just a thought. If people don't want to add that kind of dynamic and just go straight fantasy booking that's cool too.

As for expansion and war, I think it's kind of silly in this scenario honestly. There is no way to gauge attendance and do the dirty tricks like buying arena rights & time slots that went into those things.

But if enough people wanted to try and work it in, you could have some type of vote based on the cards being advertised, like which would you rather pay to see type thing. The loser might have to face some kind of penalty in the next draft after the territory battle.

I've already gone on record saying that I will injure my own guys.

Bob Geigel was NWA President in 1983.

I definitely want in on freelancers since GCW was home to Hansen & Abby for many years.

Also I want a shot at NWA President since I know the workings.

Southwest absolutely wants a turn controlling the freelancers.

Here is another thing to consider with that. If we are changing the handlers of freelancers every month, it's possible you could make a date with one promoter in September to give you Bruiser Brody in November for your big Thanksgiving show. But in November someone else is handling the freelancers and he might decide to have Brody no show your card to go to his. Or to someone else who offered him something he couldn't refuse.

It's just a thought. If people don't want to add that kind of dynamic and just go straight fantasy booking that's cool too.

We should know who will be handling freelancers for the next year, so that shouldn't be a thing. You know who will be in charge in November so just talk to them.

Jack Tunney wants to be on the committee and in control of freelancers, so that he can have minis on every show.

Once it gets down to a vote, I vote for Kris as president at the beginning, so Jack Tunney is ducking out of the presidential race for now and endorses Kris.

We should know who will be handling freelancers for the next year, so that shouldn't be a thing. You know who will be in charge in November so just talk to them.

Ok but same principle then. You make the Brody date 3 months in advance with the guy handling the November booking. You guys are doing talent trades frequently and he says "sure I don't run a Thanksgiving show anyway, you can have him"

Then in October, someone goes "Oh shit I don't have a main event for my Thanksgiving show. Brody is somewhere else but maybe I can sweet talk the promoter into changing it and give him to my territory instead if I offer my top star and my top tag team for his next big show."

Another thing to address here is since I have the biggest television penetration nationwide every Saturday & Sunday on Superstation WTBS, I want to showcase talent from around the country on the show but I will only take so many every week so if you want to get your guys on the shows and on Omni shows you know where to come.

I agree to the idea on the NWA President and board. Not yet being a member I will leave the Board and President to those who are more involved.

I think the idea of actively trying to take over an occupied territory goes against the spirit of what we are doing. Once somebody drops out I agree with the idea of fighting for it.

Injuries and retirement are fine, but I am perfectly willing to injure my own guys and send them wherever just to keep things fresh.

I don't have any need to be involved with the freelancers/women/minis as far as controlling them. I think booking freelancers far in advance is a risk and ought to be treated as such. If somebody makes Bruiser Brody a better offer in the meantime do you think he's going to honor his spoken word agreement to show up in your promotion?

Japan should be real life.....random injuries should only really start if guys are abusing it.....injuries are easy to work with if you have guys with Japan commitments.

Hell use your trades with other promoters to explain injuries.

The idea of random injuries is that it may force somebody to change plans and have something unexpected to happen. Do you think all injuries should be controlled by the bookers?

There are pros and cons every way, I guess it depends on how you are looking at this project.

Japan should be real life.....random injuries should only really start if guys are abusing it.....injuries are easy to work with if you have guys with Japan commitments.

Hell use your trades with other promoters to explain injuries.

Yea but this is you being in complete control of when someone is and isn't "injured." The idea is to create a mechanism where someone could get an actual injury, like "We rolled the dice and Bob Armstrong dropped some weights while working out at home and had to go out for a while and get facial reconstruction surgery."

And then Bob is totally out, not just in someone else's territory on a trade or in Japan.

Well we should work in a good faith agreement or something then.....and regarding Japan no one is running Japan so that makes plenty of sense to have the injured go there

I could be down for this, just want some clarification on good father agreement.

I'd like to suggest that Stu Hart handle the New Japan bookings, as his relationship with the company was something unique to Stampede. I would forgo handling the freelancers and we could limit the number of dates I book.

This would open the door for someone appropriate to take the reigns with All Japan.

1. Injuries

Much like Kris I plan on determining a lot of my own injuries through storyline but I'm OK with this too.

2. Retirement

I understand we want things realism-based, but I really think there should be some leeway here, and not just because I drafted Magnum. Part of the fun of this is seeing some matchups and combinations we have never seen before, so I think more flexibility on retirements should be allowed.

3. NWA President and Championship Committee

I'm fine with Kris as el presidente. I would like to be on the committee.

Expansion/War

Seems counter productive and inevitable to someone getting butthurt and it hurting the game as a whole.

Freelancers

It really makes no sense for a small promotion like Vancouver to have control for a month but I'll definitely want to bring em in for a one shot or two.