Pro Wrestling Only

Eddie Guerrero

goodhelmet

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck.

This sucks for many reasons, the most being his kids losing their dad so young.

I wonder if this is like what happened to Hawk, even after kicking his habit his heart was just worn out from all the years of abuse.

Who would have thought that Eddie, being so much younger than his siblings, would be the first to go.

Guest Bruiser Chong

I cannot think of a more recent example of a guy getting his act together, rising to the top of his game and then through no real fault of his own, embarking on a downward slide. I'm shocked.

R.I.P. Eddie

Actually, most wrestler deaths (that aren't the results of accidents) are usually ones you see coming. You usually knew the guy was living a lifestyle that would lead to an early death.

When a guy turns things around and still die young are the ones that get me.

Guest White Lion

Shit, i can say with certainty that Eddie is one of my favourite wrestlers ever and this is a massive loss to anyone that ever had the chance to see him perform.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Gotta love eBay. Already many people trying to cash in on his death. My favorite auction title so far: WWE EDDIE GUERRERO SIGNED PROMO 765 RARE! REST IN PIECE

Although it's certainly not the most important aspect, but this screws over Smackdown pretty good too. Not only does it mess up the Survivor Series main event, it messes up the title picture since you have to think Eddie was going to get the belt if Batista missed time with his injury.

A great way to fix the SS main, and for WWE to show a rare sign of class, would be to have Chavo drop the stupid Kerwin White nonsense and take Eddie's place on the team for the family. Or give one of Eddie's brothers a one night deal to take his place. No one on the current roster deserves to fill his boots.

Fuck. Fuck all of this shit. Fuck. I'm really fucking pissed. Eddie was cleaned up, and he was one of the good ones again. He was my fucking idol. He was the kind of wrestler I wanted to be. Goddammit.

RIP.

Eddie Guerrero had breakfast this morning with Chavo Guerrero and at least one other wrestler, then returned to his hotel room. When he didn't come out of his room in the expected amount of time, friends went looking for him and found him dead.

Guerrero has a long history of battling pain pill addiction, a struggle that was chronicled in a UPN special last year which is now on DVD. There is no firm confirmation, though, at this time, that his death was related to his lifelong battle.

Torch.

RIP Eddie

Meltz updated his posting:

The only details available is that Guerrero came in yesterday for tonight's scheduled television tapings at the Target Center where he was scheduled in the main event. He was staying at the Marriott City Center hotel in downtown Minneapolis.

He had an early wake-up call shortly after 7 a.m. that he didn't answer. Chavo Guerrero, who he was traveling with, called the room and again got no answer. When knocks on his hotel room door went unanswered, security got the door open and Eddie was found dead in the bathroom.

Many have noted the coincidence both of Guerrero passing away in a hotel room, similar to Brian Pillman, in 1997, in nearby Bloomington.

Guerrero was one of the best wrestlers of his generation and immensely popular within the industry

I'm absolutely stunned and in a shock of disbelief. :(

I can't believe he's gone, I'm so sad right now. Eddie was one of the guys who got me back into wrestling after I took a hiatus from watching it, and he's the guy who's kept me watching it in spite of the questionable quality of the product. I owe my current interest in wrestling to him.

I'm so sad right now. It's always the ones who you don't expect to go. I'm sad and in a state of shock right now. :(

Guest teke184

This was... unexpected to say the least. We knew Eddy had lived hard but not that he'd go this soon

I'm truly sorry for Eddy's wife and kids, as well as Chavo and his other relatives.

Here's to Eddy living it up in Heaven now.

Well... fuck. I certainly don't watch wrestling anymore, but Eddie was a classic at what he did and to know that he's gone -- it's hard to believe. Makes you realize how short life can really be for anyone. R.I.P. Eddie.

There's a bit of significance to all this. One defense Vince McMahon and company always held was that virtually all of the deaths in wrestling involved wrestlers not in WWE. Now for the first time since 1997, we have the passing of an active wrestler on the payroll (not counting Owen, which occured under different circumstances). Not sure if it will have any impact, but it might be worth keeping in mind.

Guest teke184

I held out in saying this earlier because of reverence for Eddy...

You REALLY gotta think about the fallout at WWE from all of this.

It's like the Fall Of Rome over there already and now one of their top stars drops dead, on top of another top star getting an injury that puts them on the shelf for six months.

Normally, I'd be sitting and sniping at the McMahons, but I can't out of shock and respect for Eddy.

Guest Some Guy

I just signed onto Meltzer's site and was shocked when I saw the headline. This is alwful. Eddy had his problems and to his credit was able to beat them and live clean. It makes it even worse, imo when someone who actually cleaned up ends up dying like this.

I feel horrible for his wife and kids who had to go through all the issues that stemmed from his drug use, only to lose him just a few years after he cleaned up.