Pro Wrestling Only

International Championship Wrestling

Flyin' Brian

International_Championship_Wrestling.jpg

ICW Personnel

Owner: Angelo Poffo

Announcers: Elizabeth Hulette - host, interviews

Tim Tyler - play by play

Jim Cornette will be replacing the previously announced Edgar Wallace as Color Commentator

Timekeeper: Robert Phillips Jr.

Referees: Sam Diamond aka Jack Barnett

Jim Davis

Emmitt Couch

George Hill

Roster:

Randy 'Macho Man' Savage

Ron 'One Man Gang' Garvin

The Minnesota Wrecking Crew AKA The Andersons:

Arn Anderson

Gene Anderson

Lars Anderson

Ole Anderson

'Boogie Woogie Man' Jimmy Valiant

Adrian Street

Pez Whatley

Lanny Poffo

Len Denton (Grappler #1)

Mike Graham

David Sammartino

Fidel Sierra, The Assassin

Eddie Hogan

Brett Hart

The Samoans (Prince Tapu & The Great Tio)

Stan 'The Man' Stasiak

Mark Batten and Johnny Wilhoit, The New Generation

Angelo Poffo/The Miser

Bill Howard/Ratamyus

Giant Haystacks

Leroy Redbone

Mighty Igor

Mike Doggendorf

Tiny Anderson

Don Anderson

JR Foley

Athol Foley

Billy Spears

Bob Dellaserra

Gino Dellaserra

Hans Schroeder

Randy Scott

Rick Connors

The Alaskan

Jim Cornette - Manager, Color Commentator

Miss Linda - Manager

Paul Jones - Manager

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schedule

TV tapings will occur at the Channel 27 studios in Lexington, KY every Thursday night at 7PM.

International Championship Wrestling airs Saturdays mornings in most participating markets, check your local listings.

ICW saturday night shows are our main attraction, a full schedule will be released shortly with cities, venues, and times.

ICW will be presenting Reunion Shows, bringing back past stars of International Championship Wrestling, on select dates.

June 30th - Studio Taping
July 2nd - ICW Reunion show - Kentucky
July 4th - Holiday show, fireworks - Kentucky
July 7th - Studio Taping
July 9th - Saturday show - Tennessee
July 12th - ICW reunion show - Tennessee

July 13th - International Championship Wrestling and Southwest Championship Wrestling present: Summerfest - Tennessee
July 14th - Studio Taping
July 16th - Saturday Show - Battle of Bristol - Bristol, TN/VA
July 21 - Studio Taping
July 23 - Saturday show - Battle of Bluefield - Bluefield, WV/VA
July 28 - Studio Taping
July 30 - Saturday Show - West Virginia

International Championship Wrestling and Southwest Championship Wrestling present Summerfest!

Live! Wednesday, July 13th from Memphis, TN at the Cook Convention Center. 7PM Bell Time.

Triple Main Event!!!

AWA Southwest Heavyweight Champion Tully Blanchard vs ICW World Heavyweight Champion Randy 'Macho Man' Savage!

Ron Garvin vs Killer Khan!

The Fabulous Ones (Stan Lane & Steve Keirn) return to Memphis and have issued a challenge to new Memphis darlings the Rock-N-Roll Express!

If the Rock-N-Roll Express show, ICW and Southwest Championship Wrestling will match their appearance fee as a donation to charity. The Fabulous Ones will donate their appearance fee to charity too! But if the Rock-N-Roll express don't show, The Fabulous Ones keep their appearance fee and the poor sick children get nothing. C'mon Rock-N-Rolls, do it for the kids!

Also scheduled to appear:

Bruiser Brody!
Stan Hansen!
The Sheik!
Mil Mascaras!

and all the superstars of ICW!

BE THERE!

Preview for tomorrow's episode of ICW television:

The return of Ron Garvin!

Special International Challenge match: Rick Connors (USA) vs Hans Schroeder (East Germany)

The Grapplers vs The New Generation!

TV Title Main Event: Champion The Great Tio vs 'Boogie Woogie Man' Jimmy Valiant!

Plus appearances by:

ICW World Heavyweight Champion Randy Savage!

Lanny Poffo!

Angelo Poffo!

Eddie Hogan!

And Mike Graham!

Join Tim Tyler, new color commentator Jim Cornette, and Liz Hullette Saturday morning at 11 AM for all the action!

International All Star Wrestling Sat. July 2nd

Liz Hulette: Hello wrestling fans. Welcome to another fantastic hour of International All Star Wreslting. I'm your hostess Liz Hulette. We're bringing you some of the finest professional wrestling stars from all over the world. Let's get started with our first match. Let's go to ringside.

Tim Tyler: I'm Tim Tyler and my broadcast partner is the 2nd round pick in the Pro Wrestling draft, Mister Jim Cornette.

Jim Cornette: I like that theme music. It's catchy. And that's James E. Cornette of the Kentucky Cornette's to you, Tyler.

Tyler: For our first match of the night, let's go the the ring announcer to introduce ICW's first round pick.

Tiny Anderson vs Ron Garvin

Garvin gets a big reaction from the studio crowd and finishes off Tiny Anderson with the figure four leg lock in 4:28.

Commercial

Back from break, Ron Garvin is in the ring with a microphone.

Garvin: For those of you who don't know me, my name is Ron Garvin, I'm from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and I tell it like it is. July 1st is Canada Day. Now by the time you watch this, that day will be past, but I'm going to tell you what happened on that day. I went to Canada to see my old friend Crusher Broomfield. (Footage plays of Ron Garvin fighting both with and against Broomfield) Now, Broomfield and I go way back, we've been on opposite sides of the ring and we've stood side by side. And he's certainly been making a name for himself away from here. The problem is that it's MY NAME! The One Man Gang! So Crusher, I'm coming home July 1st to take back what's mine. I'll show you, Canada, and the world that I am the one and only, One Man Gang!

Tyler: Ron Garvin, ladies and gentlemen, headed to Canada July 1st to confront former ICW superstar Crusher Broomfield at the AWA Canada Day show.

Cornette: Ron! Hey Ron! Here, take one of my business cards! I'm looking for clients! -- To Tyler: I don't think he heard me.

Tyler: I'm sure he heard you, I just think he ignored you. I wish I could.

Cornette: You better watch it, Tyler. My Mama paid a lot of money for me to be here, and she can just as well pay a lot of money for you to not be here.

Tyler: We'll both be here right after the break, it's tonight's International Wrestling Challenge, and we'll be joined by ICW newcomer Eddie Hogan!

Commercial

Eddie Hogan joins the announce table, Tim Tyler starts asking him a lot of questions about Hulk Hogan. Eddie Hogan keeps trying to talk himself up but all Tyler wants to talk about is Hulk. Eddie seems a little annoyed.

International Wrestling Challenge: Rick Connors (USA) vs Hans Schroeder (East Germany) w/ J.R. Foley

Schroeder wins in 6:07 with a powerslam.

After the match, feeling a need to prove himself, Hogan jumps into the ring and challenges the German to a match July 4th. Schroeder accepts.

Commercial

Grapplers (#1 and #2) vs The New Generation (Mark Batten and Johnny Wilhoit) - The announcers inform us this is an opening round match in the ICW Tag Team Tournament

Batten and Wilhoit pick up the win on with a missle dropkick by Mark Batten on Grappler #2 at 12:36

Post match, Grappler #1 rips off Grappler #2's mask and beats him bloody. We don't get a good look at his face. (it's The Alaskan) Grappler #1 leaves with the mask. From under the ring, Ratamyus crawls out and drags The Alaskan's lifeless body back under the ring with him.

Cornette: What's the hell's that?!

Tyler: That's Ratamyus!

ratamyus.jpg

Cornette: Where's he taking him? Where did he come from?

Tyler: I don't know, and I don't want to find out.

Up next: The Poffos!

Commercial

Back from break, we get a rundown of the card for the July 2nd reunion show. A messenger shows up in a turban and robe.

Tyler: It's a message from The Sheik! It says he's coming back July 2nd for his title. The Sheik brought the United States Heavyweight Title with him when he first came to ICW, and it looks like he's returning to take it back!

In the ring, Angelo Poffo stands with his two sons Macho Man Randy Savage and Lanny Poffo.

Angelo: It does my heart good to see all of you here, and for ICW to be back to prominence where it belongs. International Championship Wrestling was always about family. I wanted to create a place where my sons and many others would have an opportunity to succeed that they would not have gotten elsewhere. Through hard work and perserverence, my sons have succeeded beyond my wildest dreams. Every father wants a better life for his sons than he had, and my sons have earned every bit of it.

From the back, out comes Mike Graham. He gets in the ring with the Poffo's

Graham: You're right, family is important. I've come here because of family. My father, Eddie Graham, is the man in charge of Championship Wrestling from Florida. But my father isn't going to live forever. I am the future, the same way that you, Randy Savage, and you, Lanny Poffo, are the future. The future is now. Wrestling is run by scared old men. Your father is a scared old man.

Lanny: How dare you talk about our father that way!

Randy: Watch your mouth, Graham, or I'll shut it for you. Oh yeah!

Graham: I don't mean any disrespect. I'd be scared too if I had to worry about the NWA trying to destroy my company and force me out of business. In this world you need friends, allies. Our fathers worked hard so we don't have to. We are the Fortunate Sons. People do what we say. It's our time to run things. It's our time to take over. Out with the old and in with the new.

Randy: Our family sticks together. You can take your offer and stick it, dig it!

Graham: You think you're better than me, is that it? Tell you what, you think you're so much better, how about you boys take on me and a partner of my choice to prove it? How does July 4th sound to you?

Lanny: We'll be there!

Savage: Mike Graham, we're going to show you what ICW and the Poffo's are all about!

Graham leaves the ring as we go to commercial with hype for the July 4th show.

Commercial

Tonight's main event is the ICW Television Champion The Great Tio, accompanied by Prince Tapu vs Jimmy 'Boogie Woogie Man' Valiant.

Valiant wins the TV title following a big diving elbow drop off the ropes at 5:57.

Valiant cuts an excited promo to close the show as the fans celebrate.

ICW July 2nd Reunion Show Card: Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY 7PM Bell Time

Opening round tag tournament matches:

Tojo Yamamoto and Gypsy Joe vs Don Anderson and Mighty Igor

Lanny Poffo and Mike Doggendorf vs Rip Rogers and Pez Whatley (The Convertible Blonds)

The Dellaserras vs Athol Foley and Giant Haystacks w/ J.R. Foley

ICW US Heavyweight Title Match: The Sheik vs ?

The New Generation vs The Samoans

Bob Orton, Jr. vs Bob Roop

Ron Garvin vs Ratamyus

ICW World Heavyweight Championship: Macho Man Randy Savage vs Ox Baker

Everything is working great here. Loved the angle with the Fabs and the R&Rs with the charity bit. Is anyone else pumped for Tully vs. Macho???

TV was awesome. Cornette was the best... What the hell is that? That's Ratamyus! Awesome!!! Cool spot dragging the Alaskan to parts unknown.

Roster looks great. I'm on vacation July 13th so I'll make the trip, it's only a state away! I'll BEEE THERE!

Matches announced so far for the July 4th Independence Day show:

Randy Savage and Lanny Poffo vs Mike Graham and ?

Eddie Hogan vs Hans Schroeder

Also scheduled to appear:

Courtesy of Championship Wrestling from Florida: Greg Gagne!

The Sheik!

6' 11" 685 Lbs Giant Haystacks!

Former World Heavyweight Champion Stan 'The Man' Stasiak!

David Sammartino, son of the legendary Bruno Sammartino!

The Man With The Hands of Stone, Ron Garvin!

And Many More!

I liked Eddie Hogan being asked a bunch of questions about the Hulkster.

Also interested to see what is going to happen with Ratamyus and the people he drags under the ring. Are they doing to disappear? Come back changed and scarred by the experience? Back the next week with absolutely no explanation? I'll tune in next week to find out!

ICW July 2nd Reunion Show, Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY

First Round Tag Team Tournament Match:

Lanny Poffo and Mike Doggendorf vs Rip Rogers and Pez Whatley (The Convertible Blonds) -- Blonds win by pinfall in 19:40

The crowd was hot for the opener that saw the return of Rip Rogers to ICW, teaming with 'KIng' Pez Whatley to reform the Convertible Blonds. The Blonds win to advance when Whatley pins former University of Kentucky standout Doggendorf, with his feet on the ropes for good measure, after hitting a diving headbutt. Lanny Poffo shakes his head in disgust after the match. Poffo was off his game, seemingly distracted by the upcoming July 4th challenge from Mike Graham.

Tojo Yamamoto and Gypsy Joe vs Don Anderson and Mighty Igor -- Anderson and Igor win by DQ in 5:16

Yamamoto and Gypsy Joe control the early going using cheating tactics, but eventually Igor gets Joe in a mighty bearhug, leading Yamamoto to grab a chair and wallop the World's Strongest Wrestler. The ref has no choice but to disqualify Yamamoto.

ICW US Heavyweight Title Match: The Sheik vs Billy Spears -- The Sheik wins by submission in 7:59

This is a bloody brawl, with both men pummeling each other relentlessly. Spears already only has one good eye, having lost his left eye to the belt buckle of a wild fan in years past. The Sheik threatens to take his remaining eye, pulling out his infamous pencil and stabbing at Spears face. The match ends as The Sheik gets Spears in the Camel Clutch, forcing him to submit. After the match, the wild man from Syria leaves defiantly with his title around his waist.

Bob Orton, Jr. vs Bob Roop -- Orton wins by pin in 14:27

These two old foes square off again to the delight of the Rupp Arena crowd. Roop, the former Olympian, and Orton have a back and forth match with neither man gaining an advantage. Finally, Orton gets the best of Roop and sets him up for the piledriver. While Roop has been one of the few men to kick out of the move in the past, he cannot this time and loses a hard fought contest.

The New Generation vs The Samoans -- The New Generation wins by pin in 13:36

Johnny Wilhoit pins Prince Tapu with a rollup and the New Generation are on a roll winning two straight. Jim Cornette comes out and tries to talk to the Samoans afterwards. While there is a bit of a communications barrier, Cornette's wild gesturing eventually gets his point across and the three men leave together, looking like Cornette has his first clients in ICW.

Ron Garvin vs Ratamyus -- Garvin wins by DQ in 3:59

Ratamyus crawls out from under the ring for his entrance, starting a wild brawl with Garvin already in the ring. After several minutes the action spills outside. The Masked Terror comes out from under the ring and attacks Garvin. The two get the better of Garvin after he fights back gallantly. Jimmy Valiant comes down to even the odds, and the evil creatures retreat back under the ring. When Garvin and Valiant check under the ring, there's nothing there.

The Dellaserras vs Athol Foley and Giant Haystacks w/ J.R. Foley -- Athol Foley and Giant Haystacks win by pinfall in 6:02.

The Dellaserras are no match for the power of Giant Haystacks, with Gino Dellaserra falling victim to a Super Splash for the 1,2,3.

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Macho Man Randy Savage vs Ox Baker -- Savage by pinfall in 9:17

Savage starts a house of fire, coming at Baker with a flurry of punches and clotheslines. Baker catches Savage during a charge into the corner and proceeds to wear Savage down. Savage makes a comeback but struggles to take the big man Ox Baker off his feet, finally putting him down with several double ax handles off the top rope. Savage points to the sky and finishes Baker off with the Diving Elbow for the win.

These results are unclear on the status of The Samoans wrestling with boots or barefooted.

Also, I know almost nothing about Billy Spears except that he had a stint in Southeastern as a manager and holy shit at him losing an eye to a fan's belt buckle.

ICW July 4th Spectacular, Louisville, KY, at Cardinal Stadium, home of the Louisville Redbirds

Greg Gagne vs Tom Lintz -- Gagne wins by pinfall in 14:12

Gagne puts on a wrestling clinic against the bigger Lintz, keeping him off balance with quickness and technical wrestling before putting him away with a high cross body for the pin. After the match, Fortunate Son by Creedence Clearwater Revival blares over the loudspeakers, and Gagne is confronted by Mike Graham and two other men.

Graham: Congratulations, Greg. Nice to see you again. Let me introduce you to my guys. On my left is Brett Hart, son of legendary Canadian wrestler and owner of Stampede Wrestling Stu Hart. That's Brett with two t's. On my right is Leroy Redbone. Leroy, why don't you tell them who your dad is.

Redbone: My father is Dick the Bruiser, and that old fart still runs the World Wrestling Association.

Graham: Leroy has issues. But I hope we don't have any issues, Greg. I'm hoping we can do business. I've worked for your dad up in Minnesota, you're working for my dad now down in Florida. How do you like working for my dad, Greg?

Gagne: He treats me well, same as my dad treated you. I see the little club you've got going here, Mike. I guess you want me to join.

Graham: Isn't it time we started working for ourselves. Isn't it time we took over? I could really use you as a partner tonight. It could all start right here.

Gagne: Sorry, Mike, but when I wrestled you and beat you last month in Denver I wasn't too impressed. I'm going to have to pass. I'd rather back my dad and all the other wrestlers that have put in the work night in and night out over the years than your group of johnny come lately scrubs.

Graham: Well, I'm sorry you feel that way, Greg. But not as sorry as you're going to be.

The Fortunate Sons attack Greg Gagne and beat him down until the Poffos run out to make the save and run them off. The Poffos yell that they will take care of them later tonight in the main event.

ICW U.S. Heavyweight Title Match: The Sheik vs David Sammartino - No Contest

The Sheik comes out to defend his U.S. Heavyweight Title, against an announced David Sammartino. The crowd roars for the son of the legend Bruno Sammartino. The match never gets started as Stan Stasiak hits the ring and he and the Sheik brutalize young David, leaving him a bloody mess. Stasiak comes back and hits David with the heart punch to the boos of the crowd.

Giant Haystacks Bodyslam Challenge

Giant Haystacks and J.R. Foley come to the ring, announcing a $1000 bodyslam challenge for anyone that is able to slam the 6' 11" 685 Lbs Giant Haystacks! Mike Davis makes his debut in ICW to answer the challenge. He struggles to even get the big man up off his feet at all. After a few seconds of struggling, Haystacks swats him away like a fly and tosses him out of the ring.

Don Anderson and Mighty Igor make their way down and Anderson says that Igor will accept the challenge on this week's ICW All Stars TV show. Anderson and Igor are scheduled to face Haystacks and Athol Foley in the semi finals of the ICW Tag Team title tournament. J.R. Foley accepts on behalf of Giant Haystacks and says we will see how mighty Igor really is.

The Barefooted Samoans vs The Dellaserras - Samoans by pinfall at 7:07

The Samoans are accompanied to the ring by new manager Jim Cornette. It looks like the Samoans have gotten their hair done and have new...shorts?

samoansthe.jpg

The Samoans are clearly still barefoot. The Samoans pick up the win following a double headbutt on Gino Dellaserra.

The Andersons arrive in ICW!

During intermission, four men in suits make their way down to the ring.

Gene Anderson: Listen up folks, The Andersons have something to say. It seems we weren't invited to your little tag team tournament. That's all fine and dandy, but we're calling our shot at the winners once it's done. We want that gold, and we get what we want.

Lars Anderson: We're the Minnesota Wrecking Crew, and we're a force of nature. Consider this a warning, you didn't know we were coming, but you'll definitely know we were here.

Arn Anderson: It's the 4th of July, and I'm seeing the number four everywhere. There's four sides to this ring, four of us, and four teams left in the tournament. Who's going to be man enough to step in this ring with us when it's all said and done?

Ole Anderson: It's been a long time, but I've been here before in ICW. After I left it was never the same, and I promise you The Andersons are going to leave their mark again. It's Independence Day, and America is all about money and ass kicking, and that's what the Minnesota Wrecking Crew is here for. You'll get a taste of that this Thursday when we show up in Lexington to take care of a little business. And I guarantee you, if you get a little taste of the Andersons, if you get a little taste of the Minnesota Wrecking Crew, you're not gonna like it. We're here to stay, we're gonna beat everybody that we meet, we're gonna take all the belts we can take. The Andersons are back.

All four men clasp hand before leaving the ring.

Pez Whatley vs Mike Doggendorf - Whatley wins in 12:27

Whatley got the best of Doggendorf in the tag tournament and gets the win again here after rolling Doggendorf up with a handful of tights.

Ron Garvin and Jimmy Valiant vs Ratamyus and Masked Terror -- Double DQ in 5:22

All four men brawl simultaneously as soon as Ratamyus and the Terror pop out from under the ring. The match never even makes it inside the ring. Everything they can get their hands on is being used as a weapon. Valiant gets busted open with the ring bell. The refs and local police try to break things up, finally getting Garvin and Valiant away from Ratamyus and the Masked Terror. A masked man dressed all in black comes down with a giant key that seems to control the two evil men and they leave with him.

Eddie Hogan vs Hans Schroeder w/ J.R. Foley - Hogan wins by pinfall in 6:10

Hogan comes to the ring with an American flag. The referee gets bumped, Foley tosses in the flag to Schroeder. Hogan takes the flag and hits Schroeder with it. The ref comes to and counts the 1,2,3. Hogan celebrates like he just won the Olympics.

Randy Savage and Lanny Poffo w/ Angelo Poffo vs Mike Graham and ? w/ Brett Hart and Leroy Redbone -- No Contest

Savage says there's three of us and three of you, how about we make this a six man tag? Graham says actually, his partner is standing right behind Savage. Lanny Poffo pulls out a pair of brass knuckles and hammers Savage, knocking him out. Angelo Poffo looks on in shock before finally screaming 'Lanny! No!' Lanny holds his father back as the rest of the Fortunate Sons pummel Savage and leave him in a heap. The Fortunate Sons raise their arms in the ring before leaving together. Angelo Poffo cradles his oldest son in the ring pleading for help as paramedics rush into the ring.

ICW All Star Wrestling preview for July 9th

4th of July Fallout!

We'll hear from Stan 'The Man' Stasiak and Eddie Hogan about the events of the Independence Day Spectacular!

$1000 Bodyslam Challenge - The Mighty Igor attempts to slam the 6'11'' 685 pound behemoth known as Giant Haystacks!

African King Pez Whatley in action!

Angelo Poffo confronts his son Lanny after his heinous betrayal!

TV Title Rematch: Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant vs The Great Tio w/ Jim Cornette!

Plus appearances by:

Ron Garvin!

The Andersons!

And much more!

Upcoming cards announced on this week's ICW TV:

July 9th - Knoxville, TN Super Saturday Show - Stokely Athletic Center, Bell Time 7PM

Mike Davis vs Tom Lintz

The Sheik and Stan 'The Man' Stasiak vs David Sammartino and ?

Jimmy Valiant vs Ratamyus

Ron Garvin vs The Masked Terror

Tag Tournament Semi Finals

Athol Foley and Giant Haystacks vs Mighty Igor and Don Anderson

Randy Savage and Angelo Poffo vs Mike Graham and Lanny Poffo

Tuesday, July 12th - reunion show, Nashville, TN, Nashville Municipal Auditorium, Bell Time 7PM

Mike Davis vs The Great Kabuki

Bob Roop vs Tojo Yamamoto

One Man Gang vs Ronnie Garvin - Winner is the one true 'One Man Gang' and has all rights to the name FOREVER!

The Sheik vs Eddie Hogan - U.S. Heavyweight Championship match

Convertible Blonds vs New Generation - Tag Tournament Semifinal Match

David Sammartino vs Ox Baker

Jimmy Valiant vs Bob Orton Jr.

Randy Savage vs Lanny Poffo - ICW World Heavyweight Title Match

July 13th Summerfest! - Memphis, TN, Cook Convention Center, 7PM Bell Time

Randy 'Macho Man Savage VS Tully Blanchard - Champion vs Champion!

Ron Garvin vs KIller Khan!

Fabulous Ones vs The Rock N Roll Express - Special Challenge match to benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital!

Bruiser Brody vs Stan Hansen!

International Superstar Mil Mascaras vs Stan 'The Man' Stasiak!

20 man $10,000 Battle Royal!

International All Star Wrestling Sat. July 9th

Liz Hulette: Hello again and welcome to another episode of International All Star Wrestling. We have a fantastic show in store for you today, so let's not waste any time getting to the action.

Tim Tyler: First off, congratulations to my broadcast partner Jim Cornette for getting his first clients in ICW, The Samoans, and managing them to a win at our July 4th Spectacular show.

Jim Cornette: The first of many clients and wins, Tyler.

Tim Tyler: One half of The Samoans will be in action later in the show as The Great Tio gets a rematch for the tv title against The Boogie Woogie Man, Jimmy Valiant!

Jim Cornette: Valiant and his 'Street People' are going to be out on the street after The Great Tio wins the title back.

Tim Tyler: We'll hear from Ron Garvin, Stan Stasiak, and Eddie Hogan, Angelo Poffo is going to confront his son Lanny after the events of July 4th, The Andersons are here, and King Pez Whatley will be in action. We've got a heck of a show coming up, let's go to ringside.

King Pez Whatley vs Rick Connors -- Whatley wins in 4:32 with a flying headbutt off the ropes for the pin.

After the match, Pez grabs a microphone in the ring.

Pez Whatley : I've got something to get off my chest. I'm tired of being the token black guy here. I heard what Ernie Ladd was talking about in Memphis, and he's right. He's been here before in ICW, he knows what's up. ICW has almost always been lily white. I'll tell you part of the reason why, it's because other black athletes are scared of me. But how can I be an African King without any subjects? Angelo Poffo better get some other black talent in here for me to beat or I'll out him as the racist he is! Italians hate black people! Look at the Rocky movies! Who's he always beatin' up on, black men! There better be some here next week, or I'm getting Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson on the phone to take care of this place!

Tim Tyler: Pez Whatley with some controversial comments. I guess we'll see next week if the Poffo's grant his request. We'll be back after the break, with ICW newcomer Mike Davis in action, and an interview with Ronnie Garvin.

Commercial

Liz Hulette: We're back and I'm here with Ron Garvin. Ron was victorious teaming with Da Crusher against the team of Prof. Toru Tanaka and the One Man Gang at the July 1st Canada Day AWA show.

Ron Garvin: You look mighty fine today, Liz, but I'll tell you someone who will not look fine, and that's Crusher Broomfield when I'm done with him. Crusher, you want to call yourself the One Man Gang, I'm going to make you earn that name. Here in ICW, when someone issues a challenge, it's supposed to be answered. So I'm challenging you, Crusher, Gang, whatever you want to call yourself, when Ronnie Garvin's done with you your name's gonna be mud! July 12th we're having us another reunion show, and I can't wait to reunite my hands of stone with your face!

Liz Hulette: The one and only Ronnie Garvin, ladies and gentlemen. Back to Tim and Jim.

Jim Cornette: Ron! Hey Ron! You missed getting one of my business cards last week! Ron! Come on over here!

Ron Garvin heads over to the announce desk, takes one of the cards, picks his teeth with it, then hands it back to Cornette.

Ron Garvin: Thanks. I've been trying to get that out all day.

Cornette is dumbstruck. Tyler makes fun of him and Cornette gets riled up and throws the card away, vowing Ronnie Garvin will pay for disrespecting him. Tyler throws it to the ring for the next match.

Mike Davis vs Tiny Anderson -- Davis wins by pinfall in 6:21 with a neckbreaker.

Post match, as Davis leaves the ring, the Andersons make their way out into the studio. Ole grabs a mic.

Ole Anderson: I said on July 4th we would be here today to take care of a little business. Make that 'Tiny' business. Get him!

The Andersons stomp the fallen Tiny Anderson, picking him up and whipping him into the ropes so Arn can hit a picture perfect spinebuster. Ole follows that up with a diving knee drop. Finally, all four Andersons grab a limb, and perform the Hung, Drawn, and Quartered on Tiny Anderson. Anderson screams in pain and passes out, his body convulsing. Lars pushes his body out of the ring with his boot.

Ole Anderson: We are the Minnesota Wrecking Crew, and that's what we do. We wreck things, we hurt people. This pitiful excuse for a man is not fit to carry the name Anderson. If we ever see his face here again they'll have to find something else to put on his tombstone.

Gene Anderson: Next week on this show, the new ICW tag team champions will be crowned. But their reign will be short lived. Back in medieval times, this is how they handled things, and this is what the new tag team champions have in store.

Lars Anderson: It doesn't matter who wins that sorry excuse for a tag team tournament, the Minnesota Wrecking Crew will demolish them!

Arn Anderson: We are the Andersons, and it's only a matter of time before we own every title in this company. We'll challenge whoever has the tag team titles, we'll challenge The Sheik, we'll challenge Jimmy Valiant, we'll challenge you too, Savage. But it will be on our time, our terms! All the gold will be ours, that's a promise.

The Andersons clasp hands and raise their arms in victory before leaving the ring.

Commercial

In the interview area, Tim Tyler is with Stan 'The Man' Stasiak.

Tyler: Stan Stasiak, on July 4th you and The Sheik brutally assaulted young David Sammartino. (Video is shown of the beating, followed by Stasiak giving David the Heart Punch) Would you care to explain your actions?

Stasiak: Did you know I was a World Champion? Well, I was, and those were the best days of my life. Until Bruno Sammartino came along and took it all away. I never got my revenge before old Bruno retired, but I can sure take it out on his son. David Sammartino, I came here to make your life a living hell. Think about that as you're recovering from my heart punch. This is only the beginning. I hate your father, and the Sheik does too. The son will pay for the sins of the father, and he will suffer the way I've suffered. I'm going to take everything away from you David, the same way your father took everything from me. The Sheik and I will be waiting for you this Saturday July 9th in Knoxville. Maybe you can find a friend. Maybe you can convince your old man to come help you. Either way, you'll feel my heart punch again, and again, until your heart stops. Because I won't!

Stasiak leaves and Eddie Hogan comes out.

Tyler: Congratulations, Eddie, on your victory July 4th.

Hogan: Thanks, Tim. It was a great win for me and for America.

Tyler: Your brother Hulk Hogan had a great July 4th too, winning the AWA World Heavyweight Championship! Have you spoken to your brother since his win?

Hogan: Um...not really.

Tyler: That's a shame. I'm sure he's been busy. That's a great accomplishment.

Hogan: I can accomplish great things too, I just need the opportunity. I can be a champion, just like Hulk Hogan! I challenge the Sheik for his U.S. Heavyweight Title on July 12 in Nashville! Maybe when I win that title I'll get some respect around here!

Hogan storms off the set. Tyler introduces this week's special International Wrestling Challenge, the $1000 Bodyslam Challenge!

In the ring already are Giant Haystacks, Athol Foley, and J.R. Foley. Out come their Tag Team Tournament semifinal opponents, Don Anderson and the Mighty Igor. Igor gets in position and starts to lift the 6'11" giant, but is unable on his first try. He backs up, gathers himself, and tries again. he manages to lift Haystacks off his feet! But before he can get any further, Athol Foley clobbers him on the back with a double axehandle. A wild brawl breaks out between the five men, eventually the Foleys and Haystacks leave while Anderson and Igor look on in anger. These two teams will meet Saturday, July 9th in Knoxville.

Commercial

Rundown of the cards for Sat. July 9th in Knoxville, Tuesday July 12 in Nashville, and Summerfest July 13th in Memphis.

ICW TV Title Rematch: Jimmy Valiant vs The Great Tio w/ Prince Tapu and Jim Cornette -- Valiant wins by countout in 10:15

Tapu and Cornette are cheating throughout the match, but The Great Tio can't put Valiant away. Eventually Ron Garvin comes out to even the score, attacking Tapu at ringside. Tio leaves the ring to help Tapu, and is counted out. Valiant joins the wild brawl until all four men are eventually pulled apart. Cornette is livid at Garvin for sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, vowing revenge.

Commercial

When we come back, Angelo Poffo is alone in the interview area. Video of shown of what happened on July 4th between the Poffos and the Fortunate Sons.

Angelo Poffo: Lanny, please come out and talk to me, father to son. I forgive you for attacking your brother. I asked him to stay at home so I could smooth this over. He's ready to tear you limb from limb. Please come out and let's end this.

Lanny Poffo comes out alone and stands beside his father.

Lanny Poffo: Let's talk about endings, father. We both know how close International Championship Wrestling was to ending before the draft. It saved us. I saw the paperwork on your desk. You were talking to Jerry Jarrett about selling out! Selling everything to Memphis, dad. We would have lost everything we've worked so hard to build.

Angelo: I'm sorry, Lanny. I was wrong. But we don't have to worry about that now. We're ok. We're still a family. You're still my son.

Lanny: Until the next time things get tough and you give up? Never again. You aren't fit to run our business. I will save us.

Angelo: You'll ruin us. Look what you did to Randy!

Lanny: He's always been your favorite, and he rejected the name Poffo. He chose to be a Savage. He's not one of us. It's up to me to carry on the name Poffo, neither of you are worthy.

Angelo: How dare you speak to me this way! I am your father! You will do as I say!

Lanny: Eddie Graham is right. Look at you. You're living in the past. Wearing 6033 on your tights, reliving past glories. The glory of ICW lies in it's future, and I am it's future.

Angelo: You're dead to me! I only have one son now, and his name is Randy Savage!

With that, Randy Savage comes running into the studio and dives over the interview table, like so at 2:29 in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRUP8wiIHE0

And we fade out to the end credits as Randy and Lanny brawl.

Saturday July 9th Knoxville TN

The Sheik and Stan 'The Man' Stasiak vs David Sammartino and ?

Jimmy Valiant vs Ratamyus

Mike Davis vs Tom Lintz

Ron Garvin vs The Masked Terror

Tag Tournament

Athol Foley and Giant Haystacks vs Mighty Igor and Don Anderson

Randy Savage and Angelo Poffo vs Mike Graham and Lanny Poffo