Pro Wrestling Only

NWA Champion Voting

Beast

NWA Champion  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Be The Next NWA Champion?

• Nick Bockwinkel
    • Ric Flair
    • Michael Hayes
    • Jerry Lawler
    • Sgt. Slaughter
    • Other
  2. 2. Should Harley Race hold the title until 1984?

This will be open until the end of Sunday 7/5 EST or once all NWA voters have voted or once a majority choice is reached.

I will only vote in case of a tie or to finalize a majority vote.

If you vote for OTHER, please identify your choice in a post. The final rankings may influence future choices for champion.

Discussion of when the title will change hands and length of the next reign will occur following this vote. Nothing is set in stone.

If a wrestler is chosen, but their home promoter does not want them to become touring champion at this time, their reign will be delayed until a possible future date and the role will go to the 2nd place finisher.

That was my thinking. They were already building towards Flair at least trying for the belt in November. We don't *have* to keep Flair as champ forever if he gets it though. Maple Leaf is booking a Flair vs. Martel feud that could be leveraged into an NWA Championship feud in the future. It would probably take some more American exposure to Martel to work as well as it ought to, Martel would make a great champ. He could go more into a more arrogant, "model" type gimmick where he had to work heel.

Beast, why weren't all the names nominated added to the ballot?

I only added names mentioned at least twice. It was said in the original discussion post - "a poll with the most common choices".

"Other" was added just in case someone like Martel or Kerry Von Erich had a groundswell of support.

MACW runs Greensboro 1-2 times a month so it doesn't necessarily have to happen on Thanksgiving, but yes that's the lead contender right now. That could turn into a Flair defense easily though.

I'll discuss it with you all here, with my booker Lowblowpodcast, and with the NWA Vice-Presidents before finalizing anything.