Pro Wrestling Only

NWA On Demand

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We actually got two Bockwinkle matches in that were just transferred - but they are from the AWA library. So we aren't sure if we have the rights to upload those matches because they weren't actually produced by Paul and were sent to him from the office in Minneapolis. So we are still looking for more Bockwinkle matches - they are there we just have to find them. Nick is one of my all time favorites along with Jack Brisco.

Here's what we have catalogued on Nick Bockwinkle - and it should all be there - we just have to find it - transfer the tape to Hi Def - and upload it to the NWAClassics.com Digital Television Network:

1 - Nick Bockwinkle vs. Bruiser Brody / 8-13-79

2 - Nick Bockwinkle vs. Scott Casey / 4-4-81

Scott Casey interview

3 - Nick Bockwinkle vs. Tito Santana / 11-20-81

Tito Santana interview

4 - Nick Bockwinkle vs. Tommy Rich / 3-26-82

Tommy Rich interview

5 - Nick Bockwinkle vs. Dick Slater / 4-16-82

6 - Nick Bockwinkle vs. Junkyard Dog / 5-14-82

7 - Nick Bockwinkle vs. Ricky Morton / 7-02-82

Ricky Morton interview

8 - Nick Bockwinkle vs. Dick Slater / 7-30-82

9 - Nick Bockwinkle vs. Junkyard Dog / 9-24-82

10 - Nick Bockwinkle vs. Scott Casey / 10-01-82

Scott Casey interview

11 - Nick Bockwinkle vs. Tony Atlas / 10-22-82

Tony Atlas interview

12- Bonus Match: Nick Bockwinkle / Ray Stevens vs. Red Bastien / Ken Patera 6-08-74

Ken Patera interview

13 - Junkyard Dog vs. Bockwinkle / Heenan 6-11-82

Some really interesting looking stuff in there, especially vs. Morton, Tito & Tommy Rich. And if that tag match with Stevens is not all clipped up that might finally be the Stevens match everyone is looking for to see where his great rep comes from.

Bruce, if you are around, did you see a lot of Ray Stevens as a kid?

A lot of the old timers talk about Stevens as if he was the greatest wrestler ever to lace them up, but from everything I've seen he hasn't been all that at all -- he already seems like he's past it in the mid-70s, and Bockwinkel seems like he was carrying that team.

Just interested if you saw much of him or have any views?

12- Bonus Match: Nick Bockwinkle / Ray Stevens vs. Red Bastien / Ken Patera 6-08-74

These all need to go up as soon as they can!

These all need to go up as soon as they can!

He just said that these are catalogued. Though they need to transfer them to HD. So be patient. Their will be plenty of gems coming our way. This last week we got 2 awesome MX matches and a super fun Dubdee vs Street match. We'll be getting a steady diet of great stuff . Eventually it will be the Boc matches.

And actually - I can't request specific matches - what I may do is jut start asking for the oldest stuff possible - we have been uploading a lot of Mid South content because it's pretty much ready to go - the older material sometimes takes a little more work / restoration but I will request.

As for Ray Stevens - YES he was everything they said about him and more. Back in the day it was legend - believability. You believed in guys like Ray Stevens and Harley Race because they really were tough guys in real life. Not "fake ones" as that term is used by one of our posters. Ray Stevens would have no problem beating the crap out of someone in a bar.

Also - in that day and age - a lot of the business was about psychology - facial expressions - story telling. Ray Stevens was one of the best. He was one of the best bump takers in his day - which means that you basically didn't even need to touch him and he would fly all over the ring like you were killing him. That's a lost art in this business today - working as light as a feather but looking like you're killing your opponent. Ray Stevens was like that. He was the kind of wrestler who would get a good match out of bad opponent - just by being a ring general and using psychology.

Ray Stevens had the most amazing facial expressions. When he was being choked by an opponent - he would turn his face all red - and he could make his eyes bug out like he was near death. Believeability. Out of a simple chokehold.

Ric Flair's move where his opponent shoots him in the corner - he flips over the top rope and lands on the apron? Flair learned that spot from Ray Stevens - and Stevens used to get color while he was flipping over the top rope and heading toward the floor / apron - so when he hit he was bleeding! If you want to see some vintage Ray Stevens - check out "the Wrestler" with Ed Asner. You will see him do his "Bombs Away" kneedrop off the top rope and back in the day - people actually believed he could crush an opponent's throat and kill him. They believed in Ray Stevens back in the day. He was one of the great ones. Sort of a cross between Bockwinkle and Harley.

Pat Patterson also learned a great deal from Ray Stevens when they were tag team partners in California. Patterson was a great wrestler - and a lot of what he learned came from Ray Stevens. Ask Ric Flair about Ray Stevens.

Oldest stuff possible sounds good because that means maybe seeing one of those El Santo matches you talked about. But I like how it's been kind of varied so far, it may have been a little more heavy on Mid-South but we've still seen quite a bit of stuff from 78-83 before Watts started sending talent.

other catalogued matches I am looking for / Dusty Rhodes material:

1 - Dusty Rhodes vs. Mark Lewin / 10-19-79

2 - Dusty Rhodes vs. Superstar Graham / 1-04-79

3 - Dusty Rhodes / Leroy Brown vs. Gary Hart / Killer Karl Krupp

4- Coffin Match! Dusty Rhodes vs. Ivan Koloff / 10-24-80

Ivan Koloff interview

5 - Dusty Rhodes vs. the Big O / 11-27-76

6 - Dusty Rhodes vs. Tank Patton / 2-11-77

7 - Dusty Rhodes vs. Bruiser Brody / 8-11-78

8 - Dusty Rhodes vs. Mark Lewin / 11-10-78

9 - Dusty Rhodes vs. Ken Patera / 12-01-79

10 - Dusty Rhodes vs. Killer Brooks / 10-31-80

11 - Pole Match - Dusty / Andre / Gino / Brody / Hansen

12 - Dusty Rhodes vs. Gino Hernandez

13 - Dusty Rhodes vs. Hacksaw Duggan

Mil Mascaras content:

1 - Mil Mascaras vs. vs. Bull Ramos / 2-10-74

2 - Mil Mascaras / Jose Lothario vs. Gordman / Goliath 8-24-74

3 - Mil Mascaras / Jose Lothario vs. Dory / Terry Funk

4 - Mascaras / Lothario / Halcon vs. Gino / Markus / Goliath 10-26-79

5 - Mil Mascaras vs. Ivan Koloff / 9-26-80

6 - Mil Mascaras vs. Francisco Flores / 12-20-80

7 - Mil Mascaras / Dos Caras vs. Gino Hernandez / Tully Blanchard 10-20-81

8 - Mil Mascaras / Dos Caras vs. Gino Hernandez / Tully Blanchard 9-24-82

9 - Mil Mascaras vs. Gino Hernandez / 10-15-82

10 - Mil Mascaras / Jose Lothario vs. Blackjacks / 7-13-74

11 - Lothario / Mascaras / Halcon vs. Gino / Markus / Brooks 6-28-79

12 - Lothario / Mascaras / Halcon vs. Gino / Markus / Goliath 10-26-79

13 - Mil Mascaras / Manny Fernandez vs. Gino / Tully

14 - Tito Santana / Mil Mascaras vs. Gino / Tully

15 - Mascaras / Apollo vs. Gino / Tully

16 - Mascaras / Dos Caras vs. Gino / Tully 9-24-82

17 - Andre / JYD / Mascaras vs. Gino / Tully / Killer Khan

18 - Mil Mascaras vs. Mr. Hito / 2-01-80

19 - Mil Mascaras vs. Manny Fernandez / 5-14-82

20 - Mil Mascaras vs. the Grappler / 8-27-82

21 - Mil Mascaras vs. Hacksaw Duggan / 6-18-82

22 - Mil Mascaras vs. Tank Patton / 6-26-81

Superstar Billy Graham content:

1 - Superstar Graham vs. Jose Lothario / 5-4-74

2 - Superstar Graham vs. Ken Patera / Arm Wrestling / 8-03-74

3 - the Showdown - Superstar Graham vs. Ken Patera / 8-24-74

4 - Rematch - Superstar Graham vs. Ken Patera / Sp. Referee Bull Curry 12-21-74

5 - Superstar Graham vs. Ernie Ladd / 12-14-74

6 - Superstar Graham vs. Mad Dog Vachon / 3-01-75

7 - Superstar Graham / John Tolos vs. Al Madril / Ricky Romero 9-27-75

8 - Superstar Graham vs. Jos LeDuc / Arm Wrestling / 6-14-75

9 - Lumberjack Match - Superstar Graham vs. Jos LeDuc / 6-21-75

10 - Superstar Graham / Steve Strong vs. Jose Lothario / Al Madril 11-27-75

11 - Superstar Graham vs. Tiger Conway Jr.

12 - Superstar Graham vs. Moondog Mayne / 7-24-76

13 - Superstar Graham vs. Dusty Rhodes / 1-04-79 or 1-04-80?

14 - Superstar Graham vs. Mark Lewin / 5-23-80

Holy crap at Ivan/Dusty in a Coffin match. That 5 man pole match and the Gino match also sound really interesting.

That 11/10/78 Lewin match is from the same card as the Wahoo/Ichiban match that just got uploaded.

I'm probably the only one but man I really want to see that Mascaras/Apollo team up.

I am admittedly more excited by the 70s / early 80s material, just because a lot of us are familiar with Mid-South era, whereas the older stuff I feel like there are a small handfull of guys who have really sought it out and so much of that comes from Japan or else garbage tapes / duplex reels without sound / crappy Omni clips etc. The prestine condition of the Andre / Race match suggests that whatever 70s stuff is there is going to look good -- and it's the prospect of other people discovering workers from that period -- as well as seeing more footage myself of course -- that excites me most.

^ I should say though (to Bruce) that *most* fans are not really like us and won't be familar with a lot of Mid-South, so it is GREAT that all of that stuff is up and a huge amount of it none of us have seen before too.

I've still not watched the Fantastics vs. MX match, but it's stuff like that that has made the service GOLD.

• Loss unpinned this topic