Pro Wrestling Only

NWA On Demand

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Duggan vs Akbar:

I absolutely love the Houston crowd. They were going nuts for everything. Akbar got so much heat just hanging out in the ring while they were announcing the rules.

It's a lot of fun, with huge anticipation, a crazy gimmick I've never seen before, Duggan's perfectly timed punch at "1", and Akbar's fear as Duggan was outpacing him then his calm confidence after he got cut free. Pretty much what you'd expect with the crowd getting satisfaction but not too much but still leaving happy. They deserved to leave happy too.

I am enjoying these matches as much as anyone! This is the style of wrestling I grew up on and we literally have HUNDREDS more of these great matches to upload. I'm so thankful that they are in such good condition. And if we release just one match a day - you will have new matches posted daily on NWAClassics.com for years.

What I plan to do as soon as we can - is transfer the rest of library - which is a monumental and costly undertaking. An upload it as quickly as I can so it can be correctly organized. In the meantime I will share the matches with you as soon as they are transferred and return to us. And no - I really don't have any control of the order in which they are transferred. I would have to be physically in Indianapolis to do that.

This isn't a perfect world - we don't have the matches in chronological order or the full cards yet. But we are doing the best we can!

I am enjoying these matches as much as anyone! This is the style of wrestling I grew up on and we literally have HUNDREDS more of these great matches to upload. I'm so thankful that they are in such good condition. And if we release just one match a day - you will have new matches posted daily on NWAClassics.com for years.

What I plan to do as soon as we can - is transfer the rest of library - which is a monumental and costly undertaking. An upload it as quickly as I can so it can be correctly organized. In the meantime I will share the matches with you as soon as they are transferred and return to us. And no - I really don't have any control of the order in which they are transferred. I would have to be physically in Indianapolis to do that.

This isn't a perfect world - we don't have the matches in chronological order or the full cards yet. But we are doing the best we can!

I'm loving the service and am looking forward to the eventual Ken Lucas matches so I can see if his reputation lives up to the hype. I think he might be another guy like Gino to really benefit from a footage explosion.

Love this match too, how great are Dibiase's fist drops!

Bill Watts really believed in putting heat on a heel, and I love that. I've also mentioned this before,about this match, but look at how brilliant Ted is at feeding Duggan during his comeback. Down and back up and down and back up. One of the greatest in the business at that.

Duggan is like a demented cave man here, covered in blood.

VQ great in this too.

Watched that match this morning looking for some inspiration to write something for the fantasy project. Duggan was so fucking awesome in Mid-South man. His bloody comebacks where he looks like a deranged caveman are about as good as fired up babyface comebacks get.

Rip Rogers vs Johnny Rich was a blast. I have 3 dates as possible. Rogers was great at feeding for Rich. He would also do stuff on the mat to keep things interesting. Rich was good in his role and I bet these guys have worked each other in a lot of territories. 2 3/4*

Rip Rogers vs Johnny Rich was a blast. I have 3 dates as possible. Rogers was great at feeding for Rich. He would also do stuff on the mat to keep things interesting. Rich was good in his role and I bet these guys have worked each other in a lot of territories. 2 3/4*

It's the 7/29/83. Same date as the Garvin/Link match.

• Loss unpinned this topic