Pro Wrestling Only

NWA On Demand

So yea today's new match is Ron Garvin vs. The Missing Link. I somehow missed that Garvin had some matches in Houston. Looking forward to checking that out.

This one aired on Power Pro Wrestling on 8/2/86. It's basically a long squash for Link. Weirdly one-sided.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor vs Volkoff is very cool for the crowd. It has a good start and a good end and a sort of frustrating middle with endless chinlocking.

I wrote this back in 2011 (which is forever ago) about Taylor at right about that time from watching Mid South TV.

http://russianflagburial.blogspot.com/2011/06/terry-taylot-mid-souths-wyatt-earp.html

Don't judge me too harshly on it.

No match yesterday, which is okay. It happens sometimes. Tharpe and co. are busy. It's funny that he said on twitter, in response to someone "Everyday!" on when new matches would go up on the first day in a while that they didn't post one, but it happens.

But then, today is Terry Taylor vs Tom Lintz. Like a kick to the gut.

Don't be hating on my Southwest roster member Tom "Bommer Lynch" Lintz like that. As far as I can recall yesterday was also the first day they didn't have a new match uploaded. I can't get too upset especially when there were 2-3 a day for a short while there.

I'm more disappointed about 2 Terry Taylor (yuck) matches in a row more than a match with Tom Lintz.

I watched the Tom Lintz vs. Terry Taylor match. Super short squash but short matches & Terry Taylor are a good combination. Still surprised that a guy as big and expressive as Lintz never really got a push anywhere outside of Southeastern/Continental.

The ring announcer couldn't have looked more confused while reading the rules for the Duggan/Akbar match. To be fair they were some pretty odd stipulations. This was a lot of fun for what it was. Duggan has one of the best "I've had enough of your shit, now eat my fist" punches ever in wrestling. Not saying ALL of his punches are the best but that one big haymaker that you know it when you see it.

Who the heck ran in at the end with a cattle prod? Pretty crazy stuff.

• Loss unpinned this topic