Pro Wrestling Only

NWA On Demand

Wahoo vs Tully

This is an Indian Strap match. We haven't had an upload n a bit, and then bam!!!! This was great. They're strapped up and it's on. At one point they're on the floor. Tully tugs on the strap and Wahoo goes right into the corner. This shakes the whole ring. Tully does it again, and again the ring shakes. At this point Wahoo is busted open. Tully is all over the cut just destroying Wahoo. Another nasty spot was Tully giving the knee to Wahoo's back and takes a huge bump to the floor. Wahoo sells great here. When he makes his comeback it's huge. Tully is busted open and Wahoo makes him pay. Man this match was violent and stiff. 3 1/2*

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Freebirds vs Chavo Guerrero/Terry Taylor/Bill Watts(Houston Wrestling 8/23/86)

I loved this match. 6 man tag, double ring. Bill Watts walking tall. Terry Gordy at his pinnacle as a wrestler. Dibiase starts with a scathing promo that would make Parv proud. Hayes tries to retort only to get a few words out then bam Watts punches him right in the mush, and it's on. Wild brawl to start. Watts throwing bombs on Gordy and Roberts. It settles down and we get the Houston 2 ring tag. Watts and Gordy were the stars here. Everyone had their moments. Though I felt Watts and Gordy carried this. Gordy especially on both ends. Bumping and making Watts, but kicking ass when he had the chance. Taylor gets busted open, and Chavo showed fire throughout. Hayes was his total opportunistic self here. I loved Roberts just shining up his opponents. 4 *

Country Whipping Match

This is a Country Whipping Match/I Quit match. This was tons of fun. It was structured like a southern tag. except everyone whipped each other. The faces really took it to the Birds. Hayes might be the best ever at taking a country whipping with his selling. Roberts is no slouch either in this department. At the finish Hayes has had enough and takes a powder. This leaves Roberts alone. Doc whips him good till he quits. I'd like the match more if they would have done the I Quit a couple of times and built to it. Still fun stuff. 3 3/4*

Patera vs Snuka was interesting. There were a lot of individual things I liked a great deal: Patera fed for Snuka so well. He had some really distinctive selling. I've never seen Snuka work quite so well from underneath before. There was a call back at the end of the second fall to the end of the first fall that I thought was very well done. Snuka showed great fire. This was one where I'm not sure the whole added up to be more than the parts, though. There were some little things, like how I wish he used the bearhug in the second fall and the full nelson in the third and not the other way around, but I think this one might have been on me and not the match itself. Looking forward to seeing other thoughts.

This was interesting. It had a lot of stuff I liked in it. I understand where Matt D thought the Full Nelson would be more dramatic in the 3rd fall. It makes sense though to use a bear hug to counter a headlock.

Strengths

1. Jimmy Snuka's athleticism. His high spots really stood out. He seemed to ape a lot of Steamboat spots. My favorite spot was when Patera tossed Snuka off, and Hulked up only to eat a Snuka drop kick.

2. The little nuances that Patera brought to the table.

3. Patera's heel work.

4. Cool to see JJ with Patera

5. Both guys charisma screamed superstar.

6. Patera was the glue to the match.

Weaknesses

1. Booked too long. If 6 minutes or so are cut out , the match would have been tighter.

2.Too much going no where.

rating

3 1/2*

No real order

NWA Title Match: Harley Race vs Andre 1/7/79

Texas Death Match: Gino Hernandez vs. Jose Lothario 1/19/79

Spoiler vs Wahoo McDaniel 4/21/79

Terry Funk vs. Mark Lewin 4/27/79

Harley Race vs Gino Hernandez 12/12/80

Wahoo McDaniel vs Terry Funk / Wahoo McDaniel vs. Gino Hernandez 2/6/81

Wahoo McDaniel vs Tully Blanchard 5/14/82

Ted Dibiase/Matt Borne vs JYD/Mr. Wrestling 2 2/25/83

Tito Santana/Mil Mascaras vs. Masked Superstar/Super Destroyer 5/20/83

HACKSAW DUGGAN vs. TED DiBIASE 8/26/83 LLT Cage Match

Butch Reed vs Mr. Wrestling 2 9/9/83

Hacksaw Duggan/Steve Williams vs One Man Gang/King Kong Bundy 9/23/83

Junkyard Dog vs. Butch Reed (Dog Collar Match) 11/4/83

Butch Reed/Jim Neidhardt vs Mr. Wrestling 2/Steve Williams 12/16/83

Black Gordman vs Jose Lothario 1/13/84

Butch Reed vs Tito Santana 1/13/84

Midnight Express vs Mr. Wrestling 2/Magnum TA 1/27/84

Midnight Express vs Mr. Wrestling 2/Magnum TA 2/10/84

Lothario/Moreno vs Black Gordman/Gran Goliath 2/24/84

Midnight Express vs Magnum TA/Mr. Wrestling 2 loser gets 10 lashes 2/24/84

Mr. Wrestling II vs. Magnum T.A. 3/23/84

Magnum TA vs Mr. Wrestling 2 4/6/84

Midnight Express vs. Rock 'n' Roll Express 5/11/84

Hector Guerrero vs. Jose Lothario 5/25/84

Hacksaw Duggan & The Rock n Roll Express vs. Ernie Ladd & The Midnight Express 6/8/84

Mexican Death Match: Hector Guerrero vs. Jose Lothario 6/8/84

Ghetto Street Fight JYD vs Butch Reed 6/22/84

Ted Dibiase vs Magnum TA 7/6/84

Dog Collar Match: Junkyard Dog vs. Butch Reed 7/20/84

Midnight Express vs Fantastics 8/31/84

Loser Leaves Town Tuxedo Cage Match w/Coal Miner's Glove on a Pole: Ted DiBiase vs. Jim Duggan 3/22/85
NWA Title Match: Terry Taylor vs. Ric Flair 5/3/85
Rematch: NWA Title Match: Wahoo McDaniel vs. Ric Flair 7/26/85
Freebirds vs Chavo Guerrero/Terry Taylor/Bill Watts 8/23/86
Steve Williams vs Terry Gordy TX Death Match 2/6/87

• Loss unpinned this topic