Pro Wrestling Only

A theory on Cena being US champ

JerryvonKramer

Are we sure this isn't just WWE realizing that they need more guys at the top of the card over the next few years and keeping Cena out of that scene? Or is that too logical?

No it is definitely more likely than the theory. The WWE has never shown an ability to have such a planning acumen to pull it off. It is definitely more likely a preemptive strike with an eye on the future.

They have been better about surveying the land for hot takes and have been more willing to play along with preconceived notions when booking storylines but that doesn't necessarily mean they have this planned out to the extent you believe, or if they do, it would be more likely be because they have other reasons to do it. They had to start building to a life post Cena at some point. It is very likely that they have recognized now is the time to do it. It doesn't mean the theory will ultimately be wrong or anything but I am not entirely convinced yet.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I think I understand now what's going to happen.

Flair being such a big friend of HHH's, comes out and advocates for him. He's going to be in HHH's corner, or something like this.

OR, he declares himself neutral.

But mark my words, it's going to be Cena vs. HHH to tie Flair's record with Flair involved in some way. MAYBE as a Steamboat vs. Flair tribute, they can have Flair as a judge.

Odd as it may sound but I'd rather Triple H being the one to get the record. I don't really want him to be rewarded for all the crap he's pulled over the years but that achievement is more tailor made for Triple H's character throughout his career on top. Cena strikes me as a guy who really shouldn't care about that stuff at all.

As odd as it sounds, I don't think Ric Flair is over enough at this stage in the game to pull that off. He's a relic from a bygone era that most younger fans *only* remember seeing as an old man, not as the actual world champ. People react to him when he comes out with Charlotte, but not much more than they react to someone like Dolph Ziggler.

They would require hype packages and so on to build it up in the young fans' minds.

Preferrably a package that shows the moment of Flair winning all 16 titles capped by him on the retirement Raw on everyone's shoulders.

Run that for a month on Raw and the idea would get over.

Then similar packages for HHH and Cena winning their titles.

WHO WILL TIE FLAIR'S RECORD, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE WINNER.

I think, if booked right, it could be a huge angle. And I also fully believe that they will run it. Vince, if you are reading, send the cheque to my Paypal. Thanks bud.

I don't think several of them even exist on tape to my knowledge.

You can intersperse newspaper headlines, footage of him cutting promos with the gold. And then have like numbers.

ONE

Headline of Flair beating Dusty for title

Footage of Flair in Mid-Atlantic studio cutting promo with the gold.

Footage of him beating a jobber with a figure-four

TWO

Starrcade 83

Footage of Harley promos

Footage of Flair with injury

THREE

Footage of Flair beating Kerry Von Erich

Footage of Flair in claw

Footage of Flair in Texas

FOUR

Footage of Dusty cutting Hard Times promo

Footage of Flair in fur coat