Pro Wrestling Only

MACW - August 1983

Beast

Thursday August 25th 1983

MACW Television Taping from the Civic Center in Roanoke, Virginia

An NWA World Title Match ​Ric Flair challenges Champion Harley Race in a rematch for the ages! NWA Legend Buddy Rogers said he wouldn't stand for Flair ever getting another title shot; what will he do?

A Freebird Returns Out for three weeks due to a vicious attack by The Russians, Buddy Roberts returns to action against Butcher Vachon.

A Russian Ploy It looked as through Crusher Darsow's presence wasn't wanted by Volkoff & Markoff, leading to a surprise finish at Summertime Blues where Darsow cost The Freebirds the NWA World Tag Titles. The plan revealed on Rogers Corner, plus Darsow vs. Brad Rheingans in a Summertime Blues rematch.

Cowboy vs. Cowboy as Scott Casey takes on David Von Erich having made his way through Mid-Atlantic's Native American population. Can Von Erich shut down this so-called "man's man" once and for all or will Scott Casey add another notch to his belt?

Plus...

Mad Dog Vachon takes on The Tonga Kid!

NWA World Tag Team Title #1 Contenders Hector Guerrero & Terry Taylor in action!

Don't miss...

Footage of an out of the ring confrontation between NWA United States Champion "Dr. D" David Schultz and The Iron Sheik

To be aired on Saturday, August 27th.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday August 26th 1983

MACW Live from The Scope in Norfolk, Virginia

Tonga Kid defeated Bob Bradley in 7:10 with a flying crossbody press.

Chief Jay Strongbow & Billy Two Eagles defeated Tony Zane & Doug Vines in 6:44 with a double tomahawk chop to Zane's head.

Nikolai Volkoff defeated Terry Taylor in 7:12 when Crusher Darsow interfered tripping Taylor leading to a Russian Sickle by Volkoff.

Scott Casey defeated David Von Erich in 7:14 with a bulldog. Von Erich and Casey brawled outside for the first half, leading to Von Erich accidentally punching a ring post, leading to a surprisingly easy upset for Casey.

Michael Hayes and The Iron Sheik went to a double disqualification in 15:34 when both men hit the ref while he was trying to cause a break.

NWAUS-1.png

NWA UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP - NO DQ

"Dr. D" Dave Schultz © defeated Crusher Darsow in 15:55 with a piledriver.

MAIN EVENT

Ric Flair defeated Mad Dog Vachon in 11:22 with a pin the corner with his feet on the ropes.

1348126370_7656_NWA%20logo.jpg?itok=1Waj

220px-Jim_Crockett_Promotions_%28logo%29

23msj8o.jpg

Jim Crockett Promotions in compliance with the National Wrestling Alliance presents - Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling from the Coliseum in Richmond, Virginia with your hosts Bob Caudle & David Crockett!

Bob+and+David.JPG

Bob Caudle - Hello everyone, Bob Caudle here along with David Crockett for another big show from Jim Crockett Promotions and Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling!

David Crockett - That’s right Bob and boy do we have some action for you tonight. The match has been signed, NWA World Champion Harley Race is here and he will be putting the belt on the line against the man who he beat, “Nature Boy” Ric Flair.

Bob Caudle - A rematch for the ages David! We also will find out what happened at Summertime Blues last Saturday night and there are some big ramifications to be revealed. Buddy Roberts of the Freebirds will be making his return tonight against Butcher Vachon-

David Crockett - Whose brother Mad Dog will be taking on the popular high flying newcomer, Tonga Kid! So many big matches today, just like every week here on Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling.

Bob Caudle - “Cowboy” Scott Casey has raised a ruckus the past month, making his way through every Native American on the roster, Joe Lightfoot, Billy Two Eagles, and last Saturday night Chief Jay Strongbow.

Bob Caudle - He may meet his match tonight in a fellow Texan, David Von Erich! Let’s head to the ring!

mTIVdof.pngZqjp7JP.png

David Von Erich vs. Scott Casey

(Casey viciously attacked Von Erich as he was entering the ring, almost to the extent that the crowd collectively gasped. He hit a flurry of punches to Von Erich’s head and neck area before tossing him over a turnbuckle into a post. Von Erich fell back into the ring and was tossed through the middle ropes leading the ref to start a ten count while Casey whooped and hollered in the ring.

Von Erich dragged himself back in at the count of 8 and was able to catch Casey’s attempt at a kick and take him down. He returned the earlier punches along with some kicks to Casey’s gut. Von Erich hit him with a high knee for a close two count. He attempted to put Casey in the Iron Claw, but Casey grabbed Von Erich’s arm and sent it flying back into the turnbuckle post. As Von Erich stumbled back towards the center of the ring, Casey took a running start, grabbed Von Erich’s head, and slammed him to the mat with a bulldog for the surprising 1-2-3 at 8:33)

(Following the match Casey picked Von Erich up again and hit a shoulder breaker and then as the extremely dazed Von Erich started to get up, Casey hit him with a second bulldog and stomped him in the face. Von Erich was attended to by the ringside physicians while Casey whooped and visited the announcers)

Scott Casey - I ain’t no lier! I told you all exactly what I’d do to those injuns and last week I showed Strongbow what being a man is all about. I know I’m making Jim Crockett angry, but you ain’t gonna stop me with boys like this. You gonna send a Von Erich here to shut my mouth? Boy, I’m a Texan born and bred, but at least I had the good sense to get out of that backwards state. Von Erich, you head on back to that Texan wrestling and have yourself some easier matches. You all know what Texas is full of right, Bob Caudle. Steers and-

Bob Caudle - Alright, that’s enough! Scott Casey you’re making a name for yourself in Mid-Atlantic in the worst possible way.

(Scott Casey heads to the back with a sarcastic two gun salute to the fans)

David Crockett - I don’t know Bob, he’s obviously an impressive and talented wrestler, but he seems to hate everyone that’s not…well, him.

Bob Caudle - First he went after Mid-Atlantic’s crew of talented Native American wrestlers and now he’s taken out a fellow Texan in David Von Erich.

David Crockett - I don’t think Von Erich will be the same for a long time.

Bob Caudle - Well we have to move on because it’s time to hear from a guest to the area, NWA World Champion Harley Race

(Harley Race walks out with his title belt to a chorus of boos.)

tSAZTyk.png

Harley Race - I’m told that today I have to defend the NWA World Title against Ric Flair, but I don’t know why. What has Ric Flair done lately?

David Crockett - Well last Saturday night he beat Terry Funk pretty decisively. Two piledrivers and everything.

Harley Race - There’s a big difference between beating Terry Funk, as great as he may have been, a man who was champion almost a decade ago, and beating the current NWA Champion. If I remember correctly, last time Flair and I met, I left with the title and he was left looking up at the lights. Now I’m a fighting champion and usually I’ll take on anyone, anywhere, but this doesn’t feel right.

Bob Caudle - Ric Flair is regarded as one of the top wrestlers in this sport by not only a variety of analysts and experts, but more importantly the fans. I hate to say it, but the way I remember it is that you beat him by the skin of your teeth, you just happened to get your shoulder up as you were both on the mat.

Harley Race - Bob Caudle, maybe Mid-Atlantic needs to look into getting a new announcer because anyone with real knowledge of the sport would know that Flair could barely keep up with me. I did the fans a favor by dragging the match out as long as I did. The “Original Nature Boy” and NWA legend Buddy Rogers is right about all this, Flair should move on to other battles because he’s wasting his time.

David Crockett - Well Mr. Race, I think you may just be afraid of facing Ric Flair again.

(Harley Race grabs Crockett by his collar)

Harley Race - I’m NWA World Champion twerp and if your brother wasn’t the head of the whole alliance I’d throw you in the ring right now and show you that stupid comments have consequences.

(Race lets go)

Harley Race - Ric Flair, you may thing you are one lucky man to get this chance to regain this title later today, but afterwards you’ll be begging Jim Crockett to never be put in the ring with me ever again.

(Race heads to the back, David Crockett straightens his shirt and audibly gulps)

Bob Caudle - Very intense words from Harley Race. Let’s get David some water and head to the ring for the return of the third Freebird, Buddy Roberts!

RIP-Freebird-Buddy-Roberts.pngokZ8U2n.png

Buddy Roberts vs. Butcher Vachon

(Hayes came to ringside with Buddy Jack, but played no part in the match, not that he needed to because Roberts looked great. Refreshed and healed after three weeks off, he was surprisingly effective against the larger Vachon brother. There was a moment of concern when Butcher hit a hammerlock bodyslam on Roberts injured arm/shoulder. Despite that setback Robert was able to quickly make a comeback and his surprising speed and guile was able to put Butcher away with a DDT in only 4:30.)

Bob Caudle - The Freebirds are just about whole again and Buddy Roberts certainly looks impressive.

Michael Hayes - That’s right Bob Caudle! Brother Bam Bam is in Japan right now, but Brother Buddy is back and better than ever. He’s like the Six Million Dollar Man, they made his stronger, they made him faster, they made him a man who’s 240 pounds of hot stuff and he don’t stop ’til he gets enough! What do you say Buddy Jack?

Buddy Roberts - Those Russians showed how nasty they are dislocating my shoulder, but that’s fine because The Freebirds love to get nasty too. Barry Darsow, you’re a dead man walkin’. Fool me last month and take me out, shame on you. Fool us this month and cost the Freebirds those tag team belts, you’re gonna wake up at the bottom of a barrel someday boy and we’re gonna be standing over you and believe me, we won’t be saying your run of the mill last rites.

Bob Caudle - Let’s take a look at what happened last week at Mid-Atlantic Summertime Blues so the fans at home know what Buddy’s referring to.

(Footage airs of the NWA World Tag Titles Badstreet Match between The Russians and Freebirds, ending with Crusher Darsow revealing that the animosity between him and the Russians was all a ploy, costing Hayes & Gordy the belts)

Michael Hayes - Gotta give those boys credit, but the big thing is that with that romping stomping Bam Bam back next week, the Freebirds will be whole again forever more and there’s nothing we like better than some three on three action. So I hope you Commies liked your trip to Badstreet last week because we live in that last house on the left and you’re invited to stay for a long, long time!

And one more thing, I just saw Harley Race come out here and talk some junk about our friend Ric Flair. Well Ric Flair ain’t the only guy who wants that title, so let me throw in the Freebirds name in the pot. Good luck Ric, but whoever wins tonight is gonna find themselves jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Bob Caudle - They may have lost on Saturday, but Michael Hayes and Buddy Roberts show that the Freebirds momentum is just getting started. Let’s head back to the ring to see if Mad Dog Vachon has better luck than his brother, this time taking on the Tonga Kid.

2ggE3ZO.pngcwEsr2j.png

Mad Dog Vachon vs. The Tonga Kid

(An interesting clash of styles with Mad Dog actually bumping pretty well for the Kid’s high flying offense. Vachon hit a running headbutt to Kid’s midsection off the ropes, but when he tried it again aiming for Kid’s head, he found out the hard way what every fan already knows about the skulls of the South Pacific. The highlight of the match and possibly the year in Mid-Atlantic occurred when the dazed Mad Dog ended up on the outside. The Tonga Kid leapt to the top rope and flew off with a flying crossbody which clipped Vachon, but the landing ended up doing more damage to Kid. Rolling him back in, Mad Dog was able to make the pin in 7:31.)

Bob Caudle - I don’t think I’ve ever seen something so impressive and yet so risky. Tonga Kid basically cost himself the match with that crossbody.

David Crockett - It’s one way to stand out here in the world of professional wrestling. He may have lost to the veteran Mad Dog Vachon, but I bet that in six months all anyone’s gonna remember is that picture perfect dive to the outside.

Bob Caudle - That may be David, but only time will tell. Now we have some footage shot by a fan here in Richmond, featuring a couple of familiar faces. Let’s take a look.

(Footage is shown of David Schultz drinking and having a good time at a local bar. We see him first in mid-swig, downing a beer in a few seconds flat to the cheers of his fellow drinkers.)

mqdefault.jpg

David Schultz - You’re really gonna record me knocking back a few? All right, now who’s gonna buy me another one?

Cameraman - I got you champ!

The Iron Sheik - American trash drinking American swill.

(All the men turn and look in anger as The Iron Sheik, in full headpiece regalia steps into view.)

5Qjssuq.png

Man #2 - Hey now, this here’s the NWA United States Champion you’re talking about! You better watch out.

The Iron Sheik - In Iran, alcohol is for criminals and weaklings. In America, alcohol is for champions?

David Schultz - Are you through Sheik? You ready to shut your mouth and listen now? This here’s my personal time, the time I use to calm down in between beating the tar out of guys like you. You’re treading on some dangerous ground and if I were you I’d be taking your Iranian butt back to the Ayatollah, begging him to let you back in the country.

(The Iron Sheik murmurs and starts to turn around, only to catch Schultz from his blindside with a Persian Club to the head. Schultz flies over the bar knocking beer & liquor everywhere. A few other patrons start to approach Sheik, but he grabs the one closest to him and throws him backwards into the wall with a belly-to-belly suplex. Suddenly a beer bottle is broken on Sheik’s head from behind. He slowly turns around in a leaping clothesline as Schultz vaults off the bar, knocking both men over a table. The cameraman is knocked over as well and the footage ends.)

David Crockett - Holy moly, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite like that.

Bob Caudle - The fight was broken up soon after, but both men are not here tonight, having been suspended for this week’s show by Jim Crockett for conduct unbecoming of a Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestler athlete.

David Crockett - That’s true Bob, but I heard today that my brother has made a match between these two for the US title tonight in Hampton, Virginia and that tomorrow Lynchburg, Virginia will see a huge eight-man match between The Fabulous Freebirds, Hayes & Roberts, David Schultz, and Ric Flair taking on Volkoff, Markoff, Darsow, and the Iron Sheik.

Bob Caudle - I imagine that match will be full of non-stop action considering how much hatred some of those men feel for each other. We’ll bring you an update on what goes down this weekend next week, but let’s now head to the ring for a match with the number one contenders to The Russians’ NWA World Tag Team Titles, Hector Guerrero & Terry Taylor.

aKPMLLe.pngQ0uQQSW.png

Hector Guerrero & Terry Taylor vs. Tony Zane & Doug Vines

(Quick squash by Guerrero and Taylor with some double team moves showcasing their teamwork. Guerrero picked up the pin at 2:15 after Taylor clotheslined Vines into a sunset flip.)

Bob Caudle - Fine work by the young duo of Guerrero & Taylor, let’s get some words.

Terry Taylor - Thanks Bob, I’m so happy to be here in Mid-Atlantic. Our win last week over The Vachons is the highlight of my career and I can’t believe Hector and I are in line for a tag title-

Hector Guerrero - You’re way too calm here man! We don’t want to put the audience to sleep, let’s see some of that fire. Volkoff & Markoff & Darsow & whoever! We’re coming for you and believe you me, Hector Guerrero isn’t gonna stop until I’ve got my hands on those gold belts!

Bob Caudle - Hector Guerrero & Terry Taylor, an odd couple if there ever was one.

David Crockett - Hector’s talking about fire, I guess that makes Taylor the ice, Bob!

Bob Caudle - Taylor is a bit more subdued than his partner, but I suppose that’s what makes them work well together. Now let’s head over Buddy Rogers and Rogers Corner.

CIJTM37.png

Buddy Rogers - Welcome one and all to Rogers Corner, the highlight of Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling each and every week. Today I bring to you a very impressive group of individuals who put one over on the Freebirds last Saturday night and beat them at their own game, ladies and gentleman, The Russians, Nikolai Volkoff and Chris Markoff!

(The Soviet Anthem plays as the NWA World Tag Team Champions enter the set in red jackets, holding their titles and leading a man whose appearance is covered by a red sheet.)

Nikolai Volkoff - Comrade Rogers, thank you for having us on your corner. We have a very important celebration to begin.

Buddy Rogers - I had a feeling this would be a big day for your group, what are we going to see here?

Chris Markoff - Last Saturday’s match was the final test for our secret apprentice, Crusher Darsow.

Nikolai Volkoff - If you are not born Russian, you are most likely not tough enough or smart enough to join the Russian cause. A handful of men around the world, including a very, very small number of Americans have the drive and skill to become honorary Russians.

Chris Markoff - It took weeks in order for Darsow to prove his worth, but he has passed. It is our honor to introduce the man who has earned a place in Russia, a man no longer known as Crusher Darsow, but as Krusher Kruschev!

(Volkoff and Markoff pull off the sheet revealing Barry Darsow wearing a similar red jacket and sporting a newly shaved bald head.)

FJWYVcG.png

Buddy Rogers - We’re seeing history here folks, what do you have to say Kruschev?

Krusher Kruschev - It is my honor to officially join these two Russian legends in their quest to conquer the NWA. I am happy that my cunning plan deceived those dumb Freebirds, allowing my mentors Chris and Nikolai to leave with their belts intact. I will do all that I can to equal their success as the third member of the NWA World Tag Team Champions.

Buddy Rogers - You are now a tag team champion?

Nikolai Volkoff - Of course he is! Now any two of us may defend the belts, leaving the third to defeat an additional American every week in singles action.

Chris Markoff - Last Saturday, not only did Krusher help us retain our titles, but he also defeated the American Olympian Brad Rheingans.

Buddy Rogers - This is true, let’s see some footage from last Saturday.

(Footage of the end of the Darsow-Rheingans match from Summertime Blues is shown, with Darsow picking up the clean victory)

Nikolai Volkoff - There, you see? Fair and square he pinned one of your Olympic heroes.

Krusher Kruschev - And I’ll do the same tonight. I can’t think of a better way to prove how powerful Krusher Kruschev is.

Buddy Rogers - Alright, well congratulations to you all for your success and after Krusher defeats Rheingans, make sure you stick around to watch Harley Race embarrass Ric Flair.

Nikolai Volkoff - We wouldn’t miss it tovarich.

Brad Rheingans vs. Krusher Kruschev

(Rheingans showed lots of determination early on as he knew he needed to avenge his previous loss to Kruschev. With relative ease, he threw Kruschev around the ring like a duffle bag, and even nailed Volkoff with a shoulder block after he got up on the apron for a distraction. Unfortunately, the numbers game was too much and Markoff ended up tripping Rheingans leading to a big samoan drop by Kruschev. Kruschev clubbed Rheingans over and over on the back and continued the punishment with two backbreakers and a bearhug. Rheingans was on the verge of powering out of the hold, but a distraction by Markoff led to Volkoff getting into the ring and delivering the second half of Lenin’s Tomb for a Kruschev victory in 9:12.)

David Crockett - Apparently a new era for the Russians has begun as we now have three of those guys to worry about.

Bob Caudle - Darsow, I mean Kruschev is certainly impressive. He was able to defeat Rheingans in a hard-fought fair match last week; it’s too bad he feels the need to resort to such tactics now. We’ve just received word that Rheingans will get a chance to get some revenge on the Russians next week as he takes on the returning Ivan Koloff.

David Crockett - Last time we saw him, he was choking Terry Gordy with a chain!

Bob Caudle - Next week will also see a six-man match between the other three Russians: Volkoff, Markoff, and Kruschev vs. Hector Guerrero, Terry Taylor, and David Schultz! Anyway it’s just about time for our main event and I know the challenger had something to say earlier today.

(Cut to footage of a serious-looking Ric Flair standing in front of a MACW backdrop looking at the camera.)

4E9EJw3.png

Ric Flair - There is nothing in the world I consider more important than the NWA World Heavyweight Title. In the world. Today I get my chance to regain that belt from Harley Race and I know he’s going to do what he can to make sure it’s my last, no matter what happens.

Harley Race you’re a man among men, a legend in our sport and I can’t take that away from you. What I can do is make you eat your words and make sure you aren’t on top anymore. If you won’t give me respect, I’ll take it.

NWAWorld.png

NWA World Heavyweight Title Match - Ric Flair vs. Harley Race ©

(An epic battle that went over twenty minutes, with Flair and Race matching each other hold for hold, move for move. Despite Race’s comments, he wrestled a very scientific match, breaking before the count of five each and every time and generally displaying a clean style. In return, Flair kept pace and was able to rebound from everything Race threw at him; whether it be a cradle suplex into a pin, a high knee, or headbutt from the second rope, Flair was able to kick out.

As both men started to show signs of wearing down, Race was in control, having cut off a Flair comeback with an Irish whip into the turnbuckle with Flair doing his usual Flair Flop off the apron. Race suplexed Flair back in for a close two count. Scoop slamming him near the corner, Race went up to the very top rope and leapt off with a diving knee aiming for the head, only for Flair to move. Flair quickly got to his feet and grabbed Race’s hurt leg, putting him the Figure-Four to the roar of the crowd. Race struggled for the ropes, but Flair was able to pull him to dead center in the ring. Finally Race could take no more and laid back as the ref counted one, two,- All of a sudden a man ran into the ring and drop a big elbow directly to Flair’s head causing him to break the hold and the ref to halt his count, instead calling for a DQ at 23:10.)

(The attacker grabbed Flair and put him in his own Figure-Four and it became clear to everyone at ringside who he was; Greg “The Hammer” Valentine.)

valentine_bio.png

David Crockett - Greg Valentine just cost Flair his shot at the World Title! Flair’s former tag team partner and also former US Champion has just cost Flair the title!

Bob Caudle - I’m sorry folks, we’re out of time!

Saturday August 27th 1983

MACW Live from the Coliseum in Hampton, Virginia

Tonga Kid & Brad Rheingans defeated Tony Zane & Tiger Williams in 7:03 when Kid pinned Zane with a flying crossbody press.

The Vachons defeated Joe Lightfoot & Chief Jay Strongbow in 3:01 when Mad Dog pinned Lightfoot with a powerslam.

Buddy Roberts defeated NWA World Tag Team Champion Chris Markoff in 8:40 with a DDT.

NWAWTag.png

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Hector Guerrero & Terry Taylor defeated The Russians © (Volkoff & Kruschev) by DQ in 10:13 when Kruschev hit Taylor with a chair as he ran the ropes to set up his flying forearm.

NWAUS-1.png

NWA UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP

Dr. D Dave Schultz © and The Iron Sheik went to a Double DQ in 23:34 when both men hit the referee as he tried to break up a brawl in the corner.

Ric Flair defeated Scott Casey in 15:24 after moving out of the way of Casey's bulldog followed by a small package.

NWAWorld.png

MAIN EVENT - NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Harley Race defeated Michael Hayes by DQ in 21:23 when Hayes threw Race over the top rope.

Sunday August 28th 1983

MACW Live from the Armory in Lynchburg, Virginia

Tonga Kid defeated Bob Bradley in 10:01 with a flying cross body press.

Mad Dog Vachon defeated Hector Guerrero in 11:00 with a powerslam.

Terry Taylor defeated Butcher Vachon in 14:41 with a sunset flip.

Scott Casey defeated Brad Rheingans in 9:11 with a bulldog.

MAIN EVENT

Ric Flair, David Schultz, Michael Hayes, and Buddy Roberts defeated The Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff, Chris Markoff, and Krusher Kruschev in 25:54 when Schultz pinned Markoff with a piledriver.

It would be easier if I knew who half of the active wrestlers in 83 were, but I'm slowly catching up on things. Seems like most are running short of time or just got a bit burnt out. I imagine it helps more than a little when other people read and comment to keep things moving. When you feel like you're just writing for yourself it is hard to keep it up.

Yeah, I place a priority on posting over reading, but I try to do a weekly roundup of responses like most of you all.

I try to stay in a routine of posting daily, but especially with TV, it's hard to get little feedback immediately after and stay motivated. That said, I can't get annoyed even because I know it can be time consuming to read so many promotions' TV.

Monday August 29th 1983

MACW Live from Dorton Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina

Joe Lightfoot & Billy Two Eagles defeated Tony Zane & Tiger Williams in 6:51 when Eagles pinned Williams with a top-rope standing chop.

Tonga Kid defeated Bob Bradley in 8:01 with a flying crossbody press.

Scott Casey defeated Brad Rheingans in 12:41 with a bulldog.

NWAWTag.png

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Hector Guerrero & Terry Taylor defeated The Russians © (Markoff & Kruschev) by DQ in 13:13 when Kruschev hit Taylor with a chair as he ran the ropes to set up his flying forearm.

Buddy Roberts defeated Butcher Vachon in 11:04 with a DDT.

NWA United States Champion David Schultz & Michael Hayes defeated The Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff in 21:20 when Schultz pinned Volkoff with a flying corkscrew elbow.

MAIN EVENT

Ric Flair defeated Mad Dog Vachon by DQ in 16:23 when Butcher Vachon interfered, breaking up Flair's attempt at the Figure-Four on Mad Dog. Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts ran into make the save.

Tuesday August 30th 1983

MACW Live from Memorial Auditorium in Greenville, South Carolina

Brad Rheingans defeated Tony Zane in 6:35 with a bridging cradle suplex.

Scott Casey defeated The Tonga Kid in 9:23 with a rollup holding the tights.

The Vachons (Mad Dog & Butcher) & Krusher Kruschev defeated Billy Two Eagles, Joe Lightfoot, & Chief Jay Strongbow in 4:05 when Mad Dog pinned Lightfoot with a triple spike piledriver.

NWAUS-1.png

NWA UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP

The Iron Sheik defeated "Dr. D" Dave Schultz © by DQ in 11:10 when Schultz tossed Sheik over the top rope. Schultz continued to brawl with Sheik outside after the match, sending Sheik flying over the timekeeper's table into the crowd.

NON-TITLE

Hector Guerrero & Terry Taylor defeated NWA World Tag Team Champions The Russians (Volkoff & Markoff) in 13:35 when Taylor pinned Markoff with a flying forearm following a Guerrero top-rope dropkick.

MAIN EVENT

Michael Hayes defeated Ric Flair in 19:45 by reversing a small package. Post-match Flair teased a revenge attack, but ended up shaking Hayes' hand and grabbing the mic. He put Hayes over as a future NWA World Champion, but told him he'd have to get in line behind Flair, because one big victory does not solely make a champion and that he'd see him in the ring again down the line.