Pro Wrestling Only

MACW - August 1983

Beast

Monday August 1st 1983

MACW Live from Memorial Auditorium in Greenville, South Carolina

Brad Rheingans defeated Doug Vines in 8:45 with a bridging cradle suplex.

Mad Dog & Butcher Vachon defeated Joe Lightfoot & Billy Two Eagles in 13:44 when Mad Dog Vachon pinned Joe Lightfoot with a piledriver.

Scott Casey defeated Tonga Kid by DQ in 8:04 when Tonga Kid finally retaliated to Scott Casey's blatant cheating with a throw over the top rope, which was unfortunately caught by the referee. One of Scott Casey's first matches in the Mid-Atlantic area, he was showing much more of an edge than in the past.

Michael Hayes defeated NWA World Tag Team Champion Chris Markoff in 10:54 with a DDT.

NWATV.png

NWA TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Terry Gordy © defeated Barry Darsow by count-out in 17:32 when Darsow rolled out of the ring and never returned following a Gordy powerbomb.
NWAUS-1.png
NWA UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP

Dr. D Dave Schultz © defeated NWA World Tag Team Champion Nikolai Volkoff in 7:54 with a diving forearm smash.

MAIN EVENT

Ric Flair defeated The Iron Sheik in 15:51 with an inside cradle off an attempted Sheik scoop slam.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday August 2nd 1983

MACW Live from Township Auditorium in Columbia, South Carolina

Joe Lightfoot & Billy Two Eagles defeated Doug Vines & Tony Zane in 8:45 when Billy Two Eagles hit Tony Zane with a top rope missile dropkick.

Michael Hayes defeated Bob Bradley in 9:10 with a DDT.

Tonga Kid defeated NWA World Tag Team Champion Chris Markoff by DQ in 9:20 when Barry Darsow pushed Tonga Kid off the top rope as he attempted a flying crossbody press. Markoff did not acknowledge Darsow at all.

Hector Guerrero & Terry Taylor defeated Mad Dog & Butcher Vachon by DQ in 8:44 when Butcher Vachon threw Hector Guerrero over the top rope.

NWATV.png

Terry Gordy © defeated Scott Casey in 8:02 with a powerbomb.
NWAUS-1.png

Dr. D Dave Schultz © defeated Barry Darsow in 10:55 with a piledriver.

MAIN EVENT

Ric Flair defeated Nikolai Volkoff in 12:02 after reversing an inside cradle.

Thursday August 4th 1983

MACW Television Taping from Memorial Auditorium in Spartanburg, South Carolina

Two main event quality matches!

The hottest feud of July comes to television as "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair takes on The Iron Sheik!

Freebird Michael Hayes looks for revenge on the Russians as he takes on new NWA World Tag Champion, Nikolai Volkoff in singles action!

Plus in singles competition...

NWA Television Champion Terry Gordy

South Pacific Superstar The Tonga Kid

The television debut of "Cowboy" Scott Casey

Don't miss...

The debut of the legendary Buddy Rogers' new interview segment, Rogers' Corner with special guest:

"The Yellow Rose of Texas", David Von Erich

To be aired on Saturday, August 6th.

Monday August 5th 1983

MACW Live from Sumter County Exhibition Center in Sumter, South Carolina

Butcher Vachon defeated Rudy Diamond by submission in 3:05 with his Hangman's Hold.

Hector Guerrero defeated Doug Vines in 10:24 by rolling him up into the Guerrero Clutch.

Mad Dog Vachon defeated Joe Lightfoot in 9:01 with a piledriver.

NWAWTag.png

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Russians (Volkoff & Markoff) © defeated Michael Hayes & David Von Erich in 11:00 when Barry Darsow ran in and began brawling with David Von Erich, allowing The Russians to hit Michael Hayes with Lenin's Tomb (bearhug/Russian sickle).

NWATV.png

Terry Gordy © defeated Scott Casey in 16:00 with a powerbomb.
NWAUS-1.png

Dr. D Dave Schultz © defeated Barry Darsow in 14:21 with a diving forearm smash.

MAIN EVENT

Ric Flair defeated The Iron Sheik in 14:03 with a small package.

I can't believe that Scott Casey lasted 16 minutes with Gordy or Darsow lasted 14 minutes with anyone. In my head, Casey was just squashed for 15 minutes and Gordy was playing with him. For Darsow, I am guessing, every time Dr. D tried to kill him, Darsow would run away like for at least 12 minutes. The first contact happened at around the 13 minute mark.

1348126370_7656_NWA%20logo.jpg?itok=1Waj

220px-Jim_Crockett_Promotions_%28logo%29

23msj8o.jpg

Jim Crockett Promotions in compliance with the National Wrestling Alliance presents: Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling from Memorial Auditorium in Spartanburg, South Carolina with your hosts Bob Caudle & David Crockett!

Bob+and+David.JPG

Bob Caudle: Welcome ladies and gentlemen to another great show from Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling! I am Bob Caudle alongside my partner David Crockett and we are coming to you from the mighty Memorial Auditorium in Spartanburg, South Carolina.

David Crockett: That’s right Bob and what a show we have for you fans tonight! Two big main event matches!

Bob Caudle: “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair has been wrestling The Iron Sheik all over the Mid-Atlantic area this past month and we’re thrilled to be able to bring that match to you tonight.

David Crockett: That’s not all! Last week in Greensboro we saw new NWA World Tag Team Champions crowned! We’ll show you footage from that event in just a bit, but first lets hear from the team that was robbed of those titles by the dastardly Russians, the Fabulous Freebirds!!

(Badstreet U.S.A. fills the arena as Michael Hayes and Terry Gordy walk out to the announce desk. No strutting going on here, as they both look to be in a dark mood)

t77hpyD.png

David Crockett: Thrilled to see you guys, but I can’t help, but notice you’re on man short.

Michael Hayes: You know what happened on July 30th David Crockett, roll the tape!

(Footage is shown of The Russians, assisted by Barry Darsow running Buddy Roberts’ right shoulder into the ring post repeatedly, followed by Nikolai Volkoff nailing Roberts with a back suplex right on that shoulder for the 1-2-3 and World Tag Team titles)

Terry Gordy: You know. it’s like this. We’ve been all over, north to south, east to west and we’ve done our share of chair-swinging and piledriving. We give as good as we get. But we’ve never, ever been sneak attacked like we were July 30th by those damn Russians. Brother Buddy Jack is still in the hospital getting his shoulder taken care of, but he will be back soon enough so don’t get too comfortable with those titles Volkoff and Markoff!!

Michael Hayes: That’s right! You know something baby, we’re not in town to mess around. The Russians didn’t just make one mistake last Saturday night, they made two! Roll the tape of Brother Bam Bam’s match!

(Footage is show of Terry Gordy vs. Ivan Koloff as Nikolai Volkoff and Chris Markoff run out at the end to distract Gordy and Barry Darsow nails Gordy in the head with Ivan Koloff’s chain for the DQ.)

Michael Hayes: Volkoff, Markoff, Koloff, get everything you’ve got together because many have tried to walk down Badstreet U.S.A. and take down the Freebirds, but no one will ever succeed. Brotherhood is stronger than comrades. You may have temporarily taken those titles and Buddy’s going to have to take a breather for a bit, but we’ve still got that TV belt and we’ve still got brothers-in-arms to lay a whooping on you. In fact, our old friend David Von Erich is in the building tonight and he told me and Bam Bam that all we gotta do is call and he’ll come running.

David Crockett: What about the turncoat, Barry Darsow?

Terry Gordy: He’s made the biggest mistake of his life. Darsow, last week I didn’t even know your name. Now, I’m going to beat you so bad you won’t either.

Michael Hayes: He’s pure trash, but tonight I’m going after bigger garbage. Nikolai Volkoff, after our match tonight you’ll still be a champion, but you certainly won’t feel like one!

(Terry Gordy slams his fist on the announce desk and Hayes and Gordy head to the back.)

David Crockett: Michael Hayes vs. Nikolai Volkoff tonight, only on Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling!

Bob Caudle: And now it’s time for our first match of the night as we’ll see a new face, Scott Casey, show us what he’s got.

Zqjp7JP.png

Scott Casey vs. Bob Bradley

(Casey comes out in typical cowboy gear, reminiscent of the Blackjacks tag team. Casey’s got a sneer on his face and immediately starts laying into Bradley with fists and knocks him down with a kick. He dominates Bradley for a few minutes and gets excited, whooping and hollering after a few bigger moves. Candle and Crockett talk a bit about Casey’s background and act surprised at the aggression being shown. Bradley starts to make a comeback and puts Casey down with a picture-perfect dropkick. He climbs to the top and tries a diving elbow only for Casey to roll out of the way. Casey gets up quick and stomps on the back of Bradley’s head. He picks Bradley up and sends him into the ropes and nails him with a shoulder tackle. Picking him up, Casey puts him back down with a double under-hook suplex. Finally playtime is over as Casey waits for Bradley to get to his feet, runs off the ropes and drive Bradley back down with a bulldog. Casey gets a debut win in 3:14.)

Bob Caudle: Impressive debut victory by Scott Casey. Let’s have a word.

Scott Casey: Give me that mic Caudle. Many of you may not know Scott Casey, but I’m the best in the West. I’ve won battles and brawls that would have taken out lesser men and unfortunately for you MACW wrestlers, I’m now in Mid-Atlantic. Where I come from, men are tough and ladies listen. Do you think “The Nature Boy” could ride a bucking bronco for minutes on end? A Freebird? Not with a bum shoulder, I’ll tell you that. Look out Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, “Cowboy” Scott Casey is knocking on the door and I won’t be leaving until I’ve busted the place up and run out of fun.

(Casey walks to the back as Caudle and Crockett shake their heads in disgust and amusement)

Bob Caudle: “Cowboy” Scott Casey everyone, apparently he’s going to show us what being a man is all about.

David Crockett: I don’t think Ric Flair needs any tips on that Bob.

Bob Caudle: Agreed. Next up we’ve got a real treat. Former NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Buddy Rogers, the original “Nature Boy” has made his way to the Mid-Atlantic area and will be holding court each week in his own interview segment, the Rogers’ Corner. Take it away Buddy!

(Pan over to Rogers’ Corner, a set up with two chairs. Buddy Rogers is sitting in one with a mic)

CIJTM37.png

Buddy Rogers - Welcome one and all to a new landmark in professional wrestling. I know I need no introduction, but for any ignorant newcomers, I am the one and only “Nature Boy” Buddy Roberts, the greatest NWA champion of all time and this is my corner. Scratch that, one of the greatest NWA champions of all time because I must give credit to an active performer who perhaps matches me move for move, success for success…Harley Race! If I may be so bold, Race may hold this prestigious title for years on end as I don’t see anyone who’ll be able to overtake him. Maybe one person, but hey, I’m retired!

Each week on Rogers’ Corner, I’ll be holding discussions with the greatest wrestlers from all over the world and today is no exception. I’m happy to welcome the son of one of the most fearsome performers of all time, Fritz Von Erich, “The Yellow Rose of Texas”, David Von Erich!

(David Von Erich walks out and waves to the cheering fans. He and Rogers shake hands and sit down.)

Buddy Rogers - Welcome, welcome. I believe everyone is aware of you and your brothers’ success in Texas, but what brings you to South Carolina this week?

David Von Erich - Well Mr. Rogers, first let me just say how great it is to be here in Mid-Atlantic wrestling today and what an honor it is to be sitting here with you.

Buddy Rogers - The nerves you feel right now are completely understandable, I am a legend.

David Von Erich - Ha, yeah. Anyway, I’m here because I’m well aware of how high the competition is here and some wins here are a sure-fire way to the top of the NWA and a match with Harley Race. I mean, with Mid-Atlantic being home to the great active wrestler today and former world champion Ric…

Buddy Rogers - Whoa whoa whoa, I believe you’re looking for Jack Brisco, but he’s in New York at the moment.

David Von Erich - No, I’m talking about Ric…

Buddy Rogers - Oh, you mean the Funk brothers? Well, Dory’s in Chicago and Terry’s in Japan. You’re a far ways away from there.

David Von Erich - I’m talking about “The Nature Boy Ric Flair”!

(Rogers slaps David Von Erich across the face)

Buddy Rogers - Don’t you ever say that name around me. Ric Flair? Ric Flair? Nature Boy? He’s an imposter, I’m “Nature Boy” Buddy Roberts! Ric Flair is a joke. He can’t beat Harley Race!

3QarWPt.png

David Von Erich - I’m going to try and sit here and respect my elders Mr. Rogers, but if you ever put your hands on me again…

Buddy Rogers - Get out of here! You’re a loser! Flair’s a loser! You can be losers together!

(David Von Erich shakes his head and walk away. Cut back to Bob Caudle and David Crockett)

David Crockett - Well, that was interesting.

Bob Caudle - It seems that Buddy Rogers has a problem with our own Ric Flair.

David Crockett - If Flair and Rogers are both here every week, I imagine we’re going to see some problems.

Bob Caudle - Absolutely David, but lets head over to the ring for our next contest featuring the exotic up and comer from the South Pacific, The Tonga Kid!

cwEsr2j.png

Tonga Kid vs. Tony Zane

(Tonga and Zane lock up and Zane pushes him back into the corner. Clean break and Zane does a muscular pose which looks absurd with his doughy physique. Tonga comes out of the corner and takes Zane down with a drop toe-hold, holding Zane with a leg lock. Zane reaches the ropes and complains to the ref. They lock up again and Zane tries a top wrist-lock, and Tonga’s superior strength starts to reverse, only for Zane to grab his hair and bring him down to the mat. Tonga kips up to his feet, but Zane pulls him down again. Tonga kips up, Zane pulls him down, Tonga kips up and brings Zane over with an arm drag. Zane gets up and is nailed with a chop that takes him halfway across the ring. He runs back only to be hit with a thrust kick to the jaw. Tonga picks up Zane up for a scoop slam, climbs to the top rope and after Zane gets back up, jumps off for a flying cross-body for the three count in 4:23.)

Bob Caudle - Another impressive win by The Tonga Kid.

David Crockett - With those high flying moves, I think it might be awhile before we see anyone who’s able to take down this kid.

Bob Caudle - Agreed. Let’s head back to the ring for some tag team action as the mighty Vachon brothers take on Joe Lightfoot and Billy Two Eagles.

Mad Dog and Butcher Vachon vs. Joe Lightfoot and Billy Two Eagles

(Mad Dog and Eagles start with a surprise hip toss by Eagles before Mad Dog pushes him back into the Vachon corner and tags in Butcher. The French Canadian brothers choke Eagles until the ref steps in. Butcher grabs Eagles in a headlock and when Eagles tries to push Butcher off into the ropes, Butcher comes right back and nows him down. He stomps Eagles, nailing him with chokes and uppercuts and when the ref tries to intercede again, Mad Dog takes advantage to come in for yet more choking. Rinse and repeat when the ref turns his attention to getting Mad Dog out. The Vachons take turns in this way until Eagles comes off the ropes with a surprise dropkick. Grabbing Mad Dog in an armbar, he tags in Lightfoot. Eagles and Lightfoot nail Mad Dog with a double dropkick and as he runs at them again, a double hip toss. Lightfoot nails him with a quick arm drag and goes for a pin only for Mad Dog to kickout. Mad Dog takes advantage and tags his brother in, only for Lightfoot to nail him with a back body drop. Lightfoot goes for another pin, but when Eagles and Mad Dog run in to break up/save the pin, the ref is trampled. There is a minute or so of madness with Eagles and Lightfoot using their speed to keep the Vachons off balance with all four men in the ring. As the ref comes back to his senses, Eagles nails Butcher with a top rope missile dropkick. As he goes for the pin, Mad Dog comes off the second rope with a stomp to his head. Butcher quickly tags his brother and nails Lightfoot off the apron. Mad Dog hits Eagles with a stomach breaker followed by a piledriver, picking up the win in 5:31.)

Bob Caudle - Impressive win for the Vachons, who’ll now join us over here for a quick word.

Mad Dog Vachon - What was that? What was that? Is that supposed to be competition? Did those Indians think they were our sparring partners? We need competition! We need title shots! We can’t get titles without big wins and a win over guys like that is not big! Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, where are your tag teams for my brother and I?

(Hector Guerrero and Terry Taylor come out to the announce desk to cheers)

Hector Guerrero - You want it, you got it. Anytime, any place, my partner and I will be happy to challenge the famous Vachon family. My family legacy is pretty impressive too, you know?

Bob Caudle - Hector Guerrero of the legendary Guerrero family, I thought you were teaming with Tommy Rogers recently.

Hector Guerrero - That’s right, but Tommy had other obligations in the wrestling world so that wasn’t going to work out. We didn’t win the titles anyway and I think it’s time for a fresh start. Allow me to introduce Terry Taylor, he’s terrific!

Bob Caudle - We know Terry, nice to see you again.

Terry Taylor - Thanks Bob, Hi David. Hector’s right when he says his legacy is impressive and I’m thrilled to be teaming with him. So what about it Vachons, can you handle us? How about on August 20th in Greensboro, we see who the best team is?

Mad Dog Vachon - You’re on. But if you little children think you can defeat the Vachon brothers, you’re in for a rude awakening.

David Crockett - The Vachons vs. Hector Guerrero and Terry Taylor! Great tag team action signed for Saturday August 20th in Greensboro!

(Both teams head to the back as out comes Terry Gordy for a TV title defense)

YlR4hek.png

NWATV.png

NWA Television Title - Terry Gordy vs. Steve Estes

(Gordy dominates Estes, throwing him into the turnbuckle, slamming him to the mat, and nailing a kneedrop. Gordy goes to the air for an impressive dropkick and continues the onslaught, perhaps punishing the innocent Estes for the actions taken by the Russians last Saturday night. Estes gets a couple of hope spots, but this is Gordy’s match through and through, finishing the extended squash with a hard powerbomb in 6:31.)

Bob Caudle - Impressive victory by our TV champion, Terry Gordy. We’re about to see his partner Michael Hayes take on Nikolai Volkoff, but first a word with the Russians, Volkoff and Markoff.

rOIdRSm.pngrIQEs7X.png

(The NWA World Tag Team Champions, Nikolai Volkoff and Chris Markoff come out with their title belts to immense boos. Volkoff grabs the mic and sings the Russian National Anthem which only amplifies the boos. Chris Markoff stands in intense silence during the song and while Volkoff speaks.)

Nikolai Volkoff - American fools, you saw again why Russia is the number one power in the world. England sent their best, the Bulldogs? We made them look like little poodles. And the Freebirds want another shot? We’ll clip their wings like the yellow cowards they are.

David Crockett - You only one thanks to the turncoat, Barry Darsow. Where is he right now, carrying your bags or something?

Nikolai Volkoff - He is nothing! He is no Russian! Darsow is just as bad the rest of you pencil-neck geeks. Stupid American thinks he can just join us, we only take the very best. Volkoff, Markoff, Russia are number one!

(Volkoff and Markoff head to the ring)

Bob Caudle - Well that’s a surprise David, apparently Barry Darsow may be a man without a country.

David Crockett - If he helped those damn Russians win those titles for nothing, he’s an even bigger fool than I thought!

Bob Caudle - Well folks, it’s time for our first main event tonight as here comes Michael Hayes.

Michael Hayes vs. NWA World Tag Team Champion Nikolai Volkoff

(Hayes comes out with Gordy, all business, very little strutting. Gordy and Markoff take their places on the outside as the match begins. Volkoff uses his size advantage to push Hayes in the corner to start. He cranks on an armbar for a bit only for Hayes to push into the ropes and send him off into a clothesline. Hayes slaps on his own armbar until he’s pushed back into the corner to break. Volkoff starts clubbering, but Hayes reverses a irish whip to the corner and slaps on another armbar. Volkoff takes advantage with a poke to the eyes and continues dominating using his strength. He sends Hayes out through the middle ropes and distracts the ref as Markoff sends Hayes into the post. Gordy storms over and Markoff shuffles away. Rough clothesline from Volkoff nearly gets the pin. He continues working over Hayes’ arm until Hayes finally breaks it with a push to the corner. Hayes starts laying in some left hands and does a 10-count punch in the corner. He’s on fire, knocking Hayes all over the place.

Suddenly Darsow runs out from the back and nails Gordy from behind. The referee is distracted and Markoff rolls in and grabs Hayes in a bearhug, allowing Volkoff to run off the ropes with a Russian Sickle to the trapped Freebird’s chest. Markoff rolls back out as Volkoff picks up the win in 9:01.)

(Volkoff and Markoff continue to ignore Darsow and head to the back with their belts cheering in Russian. Gordy helps Hayes up and they head back as well. Darsow waits until they leave and heads to the announce desk.)

David Crockett - Wow, what a terrible injustice! That dirty Darsow ran in again, what’s he trying to prove?

jXDydCH.png

Barry Darsow - What am I trying to prove? I don’t need to prove anything. I’m going to crush Terry Gordy, I’m going to crush Brad Rheingans, I’m going to crush any enemies to Mother Russia.

Bob Caudle - But you’re not a member of the Russians, they said this a few minutes ago.

Barry Darsow - If it was easy, every single person in this building would join up with the Russians. I have heart and the power to make it happen. Soon they’ll see that I am worthy, but until then I am no longer Barry Darsow. I am “Crusher” Darsow! And next week I will take that TV Title from Terry Gordy.

(Darsow leaves)

Bob Caudle - Strange words from Barry, I mean “Crusher” Darsow.

David Crockett - Yeah Bob, he seems delusional. But we’ve got a main event match for next week, Crusher Darsow vs. Terry Gordy for the NWA World Television Title.

Bob Caudle - That’s not all, it’s just been announced that the World Tag Team belts will be on the line as Brad Rheingans and a partner of his choosing challenge Volkoff and Markoff.

David Crockett - Wow, that’ll be something.

Bob Caudle - Well fans, before we go to our main event I wanted to share some of the big Mid-Atlantic shows going on this weekend. Tonight we return to Greensboro for a special bout between Ric Flair and The Iron Sheik. We’ll see them in action in just a moment, but tonight will see these two men try to settle the score once and for all in a huge Death match! The wrestler who can’t answer the bell loses the contest!

David Crockett - And that’s not all. Tomorrow night in Charlotte, Mid-Atlantic will hold a first of its kind event. Eight one on one matches will be held where the winners move on to the main event to team up in a huge four on four extravaganza. And get this, one of these matches will feature, for the first time ever, Ric Flair vs. Terry Gordy!

Bob Caudle - It’s just about time for our huge main event matchup and I’d like to welcome a man we’re talking about, who we’ll see in the ring in just a moment, former NWA World Champion, “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair!

(Also Sprach Zarathustra plays as Ric Flair comes in a robe)

TZC5JU9.png

Ric Flair - Whooooo! Bob Caudle, David Crockett, business is about to pick up!

Bob Caudle - Well Ric, we’re about to see you step into the ring against the tough, tough, tough man from Tehran, The Iron Sheik. How are you going to deal with his power?

Ric Flair - You’re looking at a former World Champion, a man who has dealt with men of all sizes, from Ricky Steamboat to Andre The Giant. I’ve fought Sheik a lot in the past month and have been able to become more familiar with his Olympic style.

Iron Sheik, you are about to get in the ring with the now and future greatest wrestler alive. You can walk that aisle, Whooo, you against me one on one, pull out your suplexes and Camel Clutch, but when you step in the ring with the one and only “Nature Boy” you know what that means! Whatever success you plan on enjoying, well it isn’t going to turn out the way you were hoping! Whoo! And if I don’t finish the job right now, well I’ll be seeing you in the ring in Greensboro to finish you off once and for all! Whoo!

David Crockett - Ric, earlier tonight the legendary Buddy Rogers made some interesting comments about you and Harley Race. Do you have anything to say?

Ric Flair - Buddy Rogers, I try to be respectful, you did a lot to influence the stars of today and I appreciate that. I took my name “Nature Boy” in honor of all you did, but no one, and I mean no one talks about me the way you have. You’re out of touch, out of time, out of service. You’re backing the wrong horse, because the “Real Nature Boy” is going all the way to the top and you and your boy Harley Race is just going to have to learn to love it because I’m the best thing going today, Whoooo!

(Flair goes to the ring and the fans go crazy.)

Bob Caudle - Words from Ric Flair, let’s go to the ring for our main event!

p2nIMcm.png

Ric Flair vs. The Iron Sheik -

(Long match with Flair’s stamina put to the test against the onslaught of Sheik. Despite some success with chops, backdrops, and bodyslams in the opening minutes, Flair soon found himself at the mercy of Sheik’s huge slams and suplexes. Sheik began to work on Flair’s back with a bearhug and a number of crushing double axe-handles. Flair made a short comeback with a quick trip of the Sheik combined with clotheslines and irish-whips to the corner, but a lowblow by Sheik turned the tide back around. Flair soon found himself in the dreaded Camel Clutch. Sheik held him in their for close to a minute and when Flair refused to submit, let go and jumped in the air crashing down on Flair’s back. He pulled Flair back up to his hands and knees and repeated this humiliating action. Finally, he went to the well once too often and as he jumped for a third time, Flair rolled over and nailed Sheik with a knee to the solar plexus. Flair soon fought to his feet and went punch for punch with Sheik. Nailing Sheik with a snapmare, he went to the ropes for an elbow drop, but Sheik rolled away. Flair anticipated this action, dropping the elbow to Sheik’s new location. Picking Sheik up, he nailed him with a huge vertical suplex and went for the figure-four leg lock, but Sheik kicked him outside through the ropes. Suddenly Buddy Rogers was at ringside holding a cane. As Sheik held the referee’s attention, Rogers wound up and swung the cane straight at Flair’s head. Flair ducked down at the last second and a huge clang was heard as the cane nailed the ring post.

David Von Erich ran down as Sheik rolled out of the ring and nailed Flair from behind. Rogers stomped on Flair as David and Sheik brawled around ringside. Flair got up and grabbed Rogers by the collar. The bell rang as the referee signaled that this bout would be declared a Double Disqualification at 20:31)

David Crockett - I’m sorry folks, we’re out of time! Tonight in Greensboro, a death match! Be there!

Bob Caudle - See you all next week!

Good thing you had David and not his partner, Tully wouldn't have been so respectful to his elders.

I'm secretly hoping for the day Billy Two Eagles does a reverse Al Madril and turns heel by saying he's not really Native American he's Mexican. Relampago Leon!

I don't know, looks like David was getting pretty angry there at the end of that segment.

Completely possible that Eagles may pull that card out as more hispanic talent head into Mid-Atlantic. Right now there's a glut of Native American guys so that's where he'll stay. Not an impressive first outing, but he's in the plans for down the road.

Saturday August 6th 1983

MACW Live from Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, North Carolina

NWAUS-1.png

Dr. D Dave Schultz © defeated Rudy Diamond in 5:20 with a diving forearm smash.

Crusher Darsow defeated Brad Rheingans in 4:35 with a lowblow and rollup while holding the tights. Darsow ran away as Rheingans began to recover.

Mad Dog Vachon defeated Joe Lightfoot in 12:12 with a piledriver.

Michael Hayes defeated Butcher Vachon in 5:32 by countout after both men brawled outside the ring and Hayes moved causing Vachon to headbutt the ringpost, knocking him for a loop.

NWAWTag.png

The Russians (Volkoff & Markoff) © defeated Hector Guerrero & Terry Taylor in 16:00 when Volkoff pinned Guerrero after Crusher Darsow ran down to distract Terry Taylor and The Russians hit Guerrero with Lenin's Tomb

NWATV.png

Terry Gordy © defeated Scott Casey in 16:34 by DQ after Casey blatantly pulled the ref in front of Gordy as Gordy went for a lariat.

MAIN EVENT DEATH MATCH

Ric Flair defeated The Iron Sheik when Flair threw Iron Sheik off the top through an outside table and Sheik could not answer the bell after 9:44 of nonstop action.

Sunday August 7th 1983

MACW Live from Charlotte Coliseum in Charlotte, NC

The winners of the first eight matches all compete in a tag team elimination main event.

Terry Taylor defeated Butcher Vachon by DQ in 9:20 when Vachon threw Taylor over the top rope.

NWA World Tag Team Champion Nikolai Volkoff defeated Brad Rheingans in 8:52 with a Russian Sickle lariat to the back of Rheingans' head.

NON-TITLE MATCH - NWA United States Champion David Schultz defeated NWA World Tag Team Champion Chris Markoff in 15:32 with a backwards elbow drop from the second rope.

Hector Guerrero defeated Scott Casey in 9:10 with a sunset flip.

Crusher Darsow defeated The Tonga Kid by countout in 15:50 after throwing Tonga Kid over the top rope behind the referee's back and Tonga Kid could not return to the ring in time.

The Iron Sheik defeated Joe Lightfoot in 8:13 by making him submit to the Camel Clutch.

Mad Dog Vachon defeated Billy Two Eagles in 4:24 with a piledriver.

NON-TITLE MATCH - "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair fought NWA World Television Champion Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy to a 20 minute time-limit draw. Flair and Gordy shook hands following the bell.

MAIN EVENT ELIMINATION MATCH

The Iron Sheik, Mad Dog Vachon, Nikolai Volkoff & Crusher Darsow defeated "Dr. D" David Schultz, Terry Taylor, & Hector Guerrero in 25:33.
- Mad Dog Vachon eliminated Hector Guerrero at 6:30 with a piledriver.
- Terry Taylor eliminated Crusher Darsow at 9:18 with a flying forearm smash.
- Nikolai Volkoff was eliminated at 10:49 following interference on his behalf by Crusher Darsow against Terry Taylor. Volkoff stalked to the back, ignoring Darsow's pleas for forgiveness.
- Mad Dog Vachon eliminated Terry Taylor at 15:47 with a piledriver.
- David Schultz eliminated Mad Dog Vachon at 18:19 with a running bulldog after Vachon collided with The Iron Sheik on the apron.
- The Iron Sheik eliminated David Schultz in 25:33 with a backdrop suplex after he slammed Schultz's head into an unprotected turnbuckle.

Monday August 8th 1983

MACW Live from Dorton Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina

Tonka Kid defeated Bob Bradley in 9:20 with a flying crossbody press.

Hector Guerrero defeated Rudy Diamond in 8:52 with a double underhook suplex.

NWAUS-1.png

Dr. D Dave Schultz © defeated Butcher Vachon in 15:32 with a flying corkscrew elbow.

NWAWTag.png

The Russians (Volkoff & Markoff) © defeated Joe Lightfoot & Billy Two Eagles in 9:10 when Markoff pinned Lightfoot following Lenin's Tomb.

Brad Rheingans defeated Barry Darsow by DQ in 15:50 when Darsow nailed Rheingans with a lowblow as Rheingans attempted a fisherman's suplex.

Mad Dog Vachon defeated Terry Taylor in 8:13 with a piledriver.

MAIN EVENT BADSTREET MATCH

The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes & Gordy) defeated The Iron Sheik & Scott Casey in 20:48 when Terry Gordy pinned Scott Casey following a powerbomb while Michael Hayes nailed The Iron Sheik as he tried to save.

Tuesday August 9th 1983

MACW Live from City Armory in Lynchburg, Virginia

Hector Guerrero defeated Doug Vines in 11:35 with a double underhook suplex.

Crusher Darsow defeated Ben Alexander in 8:05 with a Russian sickle.

The Vachons (Mad Dog & Butcher) defeated Joe Lightfoot & Billy Two Eagles in 5:13 when Mad Dog pinned Lightfoot after a piledriver.

Brad Rheingans defeated Chris Markoff by DQ in 15:22 after Crusher Darsow nailed Rheingans with a Russian sickle in full view of the ref. Markoff ignored Darsow following the referee's decision.

MAIN EVENT

Michael Hayes defeated Nikolai Volkoff in 16:00 after a DDT.

Thursday August 11th 1983

MACW Television Taping from the Civic Center in Asheville, North Carolina

Two huge title matches!

Whose side is he on? Crusher Darsow challenges NWA World Television Champion Terry Gordy in Gordy's biggest challenge yet.

The Russians are coming! NWA World Tag Team Champions Nikolai Volkoff and Chris Markoff defend against patriotic Brad Rheingans and newcomer Tonga Kid.

Plus...

The Vachons take on Hector Guerrero and Terry Taylor in singles action! 2 big battles!

Cowboy vs. Indian as Scott Casey takes on Joe Lightfoot!

Don't miss...

Rogers Corner with the Iron Sheik!

Appearances by...

David Von Erich!

Ric Flair!

And the rumor mill says that NWA World Champion Harley Race may be in the house!

To be aired on Saturday, August 13th.