Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/26-11/1

Strummer

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephanie is usually referred to as WWE owner, so in the corporate world, it would appear that they want to position her above her husband who is merely the COO.

"One of the principal owners of WWE". For a month or so last year after WM, she was just "THE principal owner of WWE", which was odd. I suppose that it's because Triple H was split off into the Shield feud and she was still feuding with DB & Brie, so they needed her to have more "power" even if it was just based on semantics.

I always thought Hunter was given the COO title to differentiate him from Vince, who was the CEO.

Isn't Vince usually referred to as WWE Chairman (of the board)? I don't think I have ever heard Vince be called CEO in kayfabe, so that reasoning would be unnecessary if true.

That might be true. I know he's been called CEO before though because I learned what CEO stood for thanks to Vince. Maybe I'm mixing the english broadcast with the latin one, I know Carlos and Hugo used to refer to him as the chairman of the board or CEO all the time.

Didn't Vince McMahon, on-air in kayfabe, get fired from his position & Triple H took it over? Am I mis-remembering that? Not like I would think that would matter for WWE to remember it years later anyway but there's so many holes in the authority figure crap over the years it makes Kane's character progression look logical by comparison.

Vickie Guerrero, John Laurinaitis, Teddy Long, Stephanie McMahon, Triple H, Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, Linda McMahon, Co-Owner Ric Flair, "Sheriff" Steve Austin, Commissioner Mick Foley, President Jack Tunney, etc.

Didn't Vince McMahon, on-air in kayfabe, get fired from his position & Triple H took it over? Am I mis-remembering that? Not like I would think that would matter for WWE to remember it years later anyway but there's so many holes in the authority figure crap over the years it makes Kane's character progression look logical by comparison.

He was fired as head of RAW and Smackdown but held his CEO spot. When Triple did that awful "I love you pop" line. Triple H took over and Vince ended up firing him from that role. Triple H was fired when all the talent walked out because of how dangerous the Miz and R-Truth were. Which is when Johnny Ace took over.

Holy shit! Was that the best Raw of the year or was that the best Raw of the year.

Best singles match of Kofi's career against Roman. Is there another one that's close? After months of spinning his wheels, Roman looked like the best wrestler in WWE again.

Cesaro/Owens was a really fun, energetic Cesaro performance.

Thought the women had a great finish sequence. Nice win for Nikki. Paige's turn could have been more impactful, but I am glad we got there. Good news is that Marty Sr. (I am a Junior) is a huge fan of Becky Lynch now so he wont complain during the women's matches well at least Becky's matches.

Holy shit! Who is this Del Rio? He is an awesome heel. An actual heel doing heelish things in the ring! Of course it was all wasted because they were in San Diego. Alas, A+ for effort. VIVA LA MEX-AMERICA! They stole my Moms solution for the immigration problem just integrate the two countries. :D

Loved the hard-hitting six man tag, great use of those guys. It felt really heated.

Big E/Dolph was probably the weakest match, but still a really entertaining Big E. performance.

Fatal 4-Way was crazy amounts of fun. SUPERMAN PUNCH OUT OF THE POP UP POWERBOMB HAD ME MARKING OUT LIKE CRAZY! I almost lost my laptop from that.

The entire show was predicated around people who won at the previous PPV and then were vying to EARN the right to challenge Rollins. The booking was awesome. The in-ring work was dripping with effort.

We can all shit on WWE, but when they kick ass lets give them some love!