Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/26-11/1

Strummer

Unless they pull a swerve looks like it's Reigns v Rollins for the title at Survivor Series. Have to think Reigns wins here or he's really entering WWF choker version Lex Luger.

And have to love them going on about a new era of stars and then start the show with a Steph and HHH promo. Those two are never leaving TV

Taker will probably show up tonight to set up his SS match.

No Cena or Orton

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RAW was a ton of fun tonight. Some good wrestling. My only real complaints were Lesnar not being involved in the Title Contender matches & The Authority opening the show. That main event owned though. Good shit.

Like, they explained Roman's struggles. Getting beat at Wrestlemania due to the MitB cash-in, getting beat at MitB due to Wyatt... but they ignored that Brock was about to win the title at Mania & was stopped by the same cash-in, that Roman was the one that got beat, not him. That Brock was going to win the title back, but Taker interfered & now that Brock had beaten Taker basically three months in a row... he just wasn't interested in getting HIS title back, really?

Crowd helped the show some tonight too. Just really wish the "What?" shit would go away. How old is that nonsense now? I'm starting to think it's here forever, like the "Woo!" whenever anyone does a chop. Sucks because it kills promos dead... but maybe that should be a sign to stop trying to do in-ring ten minute plus promos on live TV! C'mon, WWE...

I really don't like any directions this can go.....

1) Reigns gets screwed by the Authority at SS, has to win the Rumble, gets the belt from Rollins at Mania, and the fans that have mostly stopped boo'ing him inevitably turn back against him during the build, you know, because.

2) Reigns gets screwed by Dean Ambrose at SS, the Ambrose heel turn fails miserably because the fans want to cheer him, Reigns gets boo'ed, everyone looks like shit.

3) Reigns beats Rollins at SS, Sheamus cashes in MITB, the champion has no heat, Reigns goes back on the chase, everyone looks like shit.

4) Rollins wins clean at Survivor Series, Reigns is dead in the water

5) Reigns finally wins at SS, gets boo'ed by half the crowd, again...because....then who the fuck wins the Rumble?

I'm sure there are options that I am missing, but in my mind these seem most likely with WWE's typical way of booking.

Apparently he's in the Brock category of "we can't mess this up because he's making lots of money", but man is it not promising that the guy who became a national hero for slapping a racist gets paired up with the anti immigration character upon his return. Not to mention the first two cities he's appearing in being LA and San Diego makes this seem even more WCW-ish.

I really don't like any directions this can go.....

1) Reigns gets screwed by the Authority at SS, has to win the Rumble, gets the belt from Rollins at Mania, and the fans that have mostly stopped boo'ing him inevitably turn back against him during the build, you know, because.

2) Reigns gets screwed by Dean Ambrose at SS, the Ambrose heel turn fails miserably because the fans want to cheer him, Reigns gets boo'ed, everyone looks like shit.

3) Reigns beats Rollins at SS, Sheamus cashes in MITB, the champion has no heat, Reigns goes back on the chase, everyone looks like shit.

4) Rollins wins clean at Survivor Series, Reigns is dead in the water

5) Reigns finally wins at SS, gets boo'ed by half the crowd, again...because....then who the fuck wins the Rumble?

I'm sure there are options that I am missing, but in my mind these seem most likely with WWE's typical way of booking.

It's easy. Brock wins the Rumble. We get the first good rumble in like 5 years, and Vince gets what he wants, a Brock-Reigns rematch at Mania.

Whatever happens, if Reigns wins the title, he needs to be holding it for past Wrestlemania. If he is to be the next ace, he needs a signature Wrestlemania victory and what better way than walking in the big main event and retaining the championship against just about the biggest threat a WWE wrestler could ever face in Brock Lesnar? This being said, I really hope they don't run the rematch. I want to see Lesnar against someone else and Reigns possibly defending against both Shield teammates in a triple threat.

Yeah, I like the idea of Brock winning the Rumble & going to face Roman at Wrestlemania. Roman winning the title at Survivor Series & holding it until SummerSlam next year I think could work. Ties-up the loose ends of the Seth, Roman & Brock strands leftover from Wrestlemania last year.

Brock only wrestles rematches.

Lesnar/Reigns and Lesnar/Rollins and Lesnar/Kingston weren't rematches.

Lesnar's return career:

vs John Cena (Extreme Rules)

vs Triple H (SummerSlam)

vs Triple H (WrestleMania)

vs Triple H (Extreme Rules)

vs CM Punk (SummerSlam)

vs Big Show (Royal Rumble)

vs Undertaker (WrestleMania)

vs John Cena (SummerSlam)

vs John Cena (Night of Champions)

vs John Cena vs Seth Rollins (Royal Rumble)

vs Roman Reigns (WrestleMania)

vs Kofi Kingston (Japan)

vs Seth Rollins (Battleground)

vs Undertaker (SummerSlam)

vs Big Show (MSG)

vs Undertaker (Hell in a Cell)

Sure no all his matches are rematches, but damn what a waste.

Considering the roster they have, it is really sad. We could be getting some phenomenal, new match-ups & instead get three month block rehashes. It's depressing, really. I guess WWE see Brock as above making new guys though, since he's making so much.

Considering the roster they have, it is really sad. We could be getting some phenomenal, new match-ups & instead get three month block rehashes. It's depressing, really. I guess WWE see Brock as above making new guys though, since he's making so much.

That MSG Big Show match really pissed me off. It could had been anyone, but it was a rehash of the Big Show.

Worse yet is that there really is no reason for the WWE to think that way. They have already changed their business model in terms of revenue. The big pay per view money isn't there anymore. There really is no incentive to run big time Lesnar matchups if they are making back the same money month in and month out regardless of who Brock is facing, or even if he shows up or not. They should definitely be more adventurous in finding opponents for Brock beyond the stale handful of guys on their roster who are tip top main eventers. However, they have shown a willingness to incorporate two of the three Shield members in matches against Brock so I can imagine someone like Bray Wyatt getting a turn but yeah all of his return stint has been a waste of potential.

If they want Brock to literally be the new Undertaker, they might be thinking they could milk another 15 years out of him.

Imagine that scenario

Might be their intention but I doubt Lesnar wants to do this for 15 years even with his sweet deal. I always imagined him being completely secluded in the woods somewhere by the time he is 50. He hates being out in public and hates his celebrity status. 15 years is a big stretch for him I think.

If Reigns is going for the title next month, who does that leave for a potential Survivor Series match with the Wyatts? The only people coming to mind offhand would be The Dudleys.

Isn't it obvious it has to involve the Undertaker? What with how HIAC ended?

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. Who else is there to team with Taker and Kane against the Wyatt Family?