Pro Wrestling Only

Things in WWE you no longer want to see?

Wade Garrett

Bella Twins on commentary

Booking matches on TV that I'm expected to then get excited about on PPV a week later (done just this month for the Team Barrett vs Team Neville 6-man tag)

Dolph Ziggler in any capacity

A tag division that seemingly can only have two teams pushed at a time - the champions and the no. 1 contenders. Why have the PTP gone from all-conquering tag champs to being unable to win since the Dudleys return?

Also, I know this can't happen anymore since Cena lost the US title, but: constantly teasing that Heath Slater will answer the US Open Challenge, which never gets paid off.

People are shitting on the six man tags? That is the best part of Raw. The matches are hot, and it keeps things fresh so they aren't doing the same match two hundred times.

agreed big-time. I'm always confused when people shit on six-man matches in WWE. It's really the perfect format to get a bunch of top guys on TV without giving away too much of your plans and the matches are almost always fun.

You'd think smarks would love it considering it's how All Japan ran things in the 90's. They had weeks of six-man matches while they toured around and then had the big singles and tag matches on their big shows. It's also a great way to give certain guys a main event rub. Throwing a guy like Neville in there with mostly main-event guys and letting him look like he belongs (even if he takes the fall) is a great way to assimilate mid-card guys into the upper card/main event scene.

Not really trying to white-knight for WWE here, but this thread kinda illustrates the very real challenge the company has appealing to the diverse audience they have. If they came in here and implemented every idea Raw would be Cesaro wrestling Kevin Owens in a warehouse with no crowd for 180 minutes every week. Which, one time. would be pretty rad.

Not really trying to white-knight for WWE here, but this thread kinda illustrates the very real challenge the company has appealing to the diverse audience they have. If they came in here and implemented every idea Raw would be Cesaro wrestling Kevin Owens in a warehouse with no crowd for 180 minutes every week. Which, one time. would be pretty rad.

The problem is, these types of thoughts and threads don't come up when the product is good. When Daniel Bryan was being built up for Mania 30, nobody was talking about the problems with the company.

The problem is, these types of thoughts and threads don't come up when the product is good. When Daniel Bryan was being built up for Mania 30, nobody was talking about the problems with the company.

So if I search back from Summerslam '13, through the fall, into the Rumble and up until the Raw where it was made clear Bryan was headlining Mania there won't be complaining? Bitching about the product is the path of least resistance. Why can't there be any balance between fandom with blinders on or non-stop negativity?

Six-mans have become something to be expected, and are a symptom of the show's lack of spontaneity.

They're certainly expected on Japanese and especially Lucha shows, and nobody holds it as a symptom of those shows sucking.

There's not a wrestling company in the world as overexposed as WWE.

Nikki in ring is a decent heel, her bragging and fitness routines and general arrogance about her strength are decent. The thing is......acting like thatis hot to a lot of WWE's target audience so they get cheered. It's tough because Trish Stratus was a great heel in 04 and 05 but even by the end of that fans were cheering when she one upped Lita and Christy. It's really really hard for a gorgeous woman to get booed by an audience of mostly young guys unless she drops the sex symbol routine totally, which is something WWE does not want its women to do

So if I search back from Summerslam '13, through the fall, into the Rumble and up until the Raw where it was made clear Bryan was headlining Mania there won't be complaining? Bitching about the product is the path of least resistance. Why can't there be any balance between fandom with blinders on or non-stop negativity?

No, because from SummerSlam '13 till February the show as pretty brutal with horrible treatment of Bryan.

There was a period when they figured out Bryan should be the top guy that the show was really good and there was no, what is wrong with the WWE threads.

If the show is good, then people will still complain but not about everything.

I've been watching the last couple weeks for the first time in ages.

NXT is great. I enjoy that. It's also it's own separate island. Initially I'm actually really impressed with NXT.

On RAW? The long promos are so, so, so bad. Whoever is scripting them needs to take a long walk off a short pier, and on top of that roughly 95% of the roster as far as I can tell really shouldn't be speaking. It's a sad state of affairs. The actual in ring action isn't that bad though my God, the my-turn-your-turn formula is so dead with the crowd. A lot of matches in the first couple weeks of my watching have lacked drama because the fans aren't buying it.

Michael Cole, years after I first complained about it, is still giving away every single false finish with THIS COULD BE IT. Stop doing this.

I think the biggest problem with wrestling these days is that it is missing that sense of unpredictability. Every show feels like the one before it, and if you skip a week, month, year, you don't feel like you have missed anything. So here are the things I never need to see again...

Opening interviews. This shit is played out like Kwame and those fucking polka dots.

The same match on consecutive shows. If you book a match on Raw, you can't have it on Smackdown. If you book it for Smackdown, you can't have it on the next Raw. You can't have a match on Raw or Smackdown and then book it on the PPV without some sort of legitimate reason.

Randy Orton wrestling Sheamus. When was the last time these two felt like an interesting pairing to anyone who didn't work for the WWE?

Champions losing clean in non title matches. If you can't tell a story with your champion that doesn't involve him losing to someone you'd never make champion, odds are you need a new champion.

Treating any wrestler like a joke. I don't care if it is Heath Slater, the job of the commentators is to make him seem credible. We can decide he's a joke, but why is he on the roster if he's not a credible wrestler.

Any promo over 5 minutes. I want everyone to think about their favorite promo ever, and then I want you to think whether or not it was over 5 minutes long. I'm willing to bet it's not.

PPVs with more than one ladder, cage, Hell in the Cell, or Elimination Chamber. These things should be special, but they aren't. Having one a year to end a blood feud is special, having two on the same show feels like a cop out.

Moves that can only be hit in convoluted ways. Orton's rope hang DDT is cool if he hits it when he has the opportunity, but is stupid when his opponent does something he'd never do otherwise to end up in that position when he knows that is one of his signature moves. If he hit that move once every 5-10 matches it would mean more, and it should end a TV match every once in a while to keep it strong.

The product is stale, because we know everything that is coming every single week.

Steve Austin has been critical of the six man tags on his show several times so it's not like it's just typical "internet fan" complaining. He thinks it's lazy booking to put a bunch of guys feuding into one big match instead of advancing separate angles. I used to love the six mans on Raw and Nitro in the late 90s but when you do them practically every show they start to lose their shine. Sheamus seems to be in one every single week

I'm guessing (not sure I'm right, but guessing) that the idea there is that people are tired of everything formulaic about WWE. Six-mans have become something to be expected, and are a symptom of the show's lack of spontaneity.

I feel pretty strongly that if the show (feuds, stories, etc.) were booked well then people would have no problem with getting multi-man matches regularly on TV.

Think about how molten hot the crowd was for that 5-on-5 match on RAW back when the Radicalz first came over from WCW. Or how hot the Shield/Wyatts and Shield/Evolution feuds were. Or hell any of the Shield 6-mans when they were still heels.

I'm not saying do a 6-man main even on RAW every week, but if people care about the participants and the feuds contained within the match then they won't complain about the matches themselves.

I'm guessing (not sure I'm right, but guessing) that the idea there is that people are tired of everything formulaic about WWE. Six-mans have become something to be expected, and are a symptom of the show's lack of spontaneity.

I feel pretty strongly that if the show (feuds, stories, etc.) were booked well then people would have no problem with getting multi-man matches regularly on TV.

Think about how molten hot the crowd was for that 5-on-5 match on RAW back when the Radicalz first came over from WCW. Or how hot the Shield/Wyatts and Shield/Evolution feuds were. Or hell any of the Shield 6-mans when they were still heels.

I'm not saying do a 6-man main even on RAW every week, but if people care about the participants and the feuds contained within the match then they won't complain about the matches themselves.

Those examples are exactly why they don't need one every week. Those matches felt like something special, but nothing feels special when it happens every week. It is kind of like, you remember the first time you kiss a girl, but you don't remember the 43rd time you kiss a girl. It just isn't the same thing. Wrestling should be trying to make you feel like you're seeing things for the first time not the 43rd time.