Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/30 - 12/6

Strummer

People will always hate on him but I found Sheamus more entertaining this week than Rollins ever was during his run. He looks like he's having fun out there and I hope this is the beginning of him finding his feet as a character.

From the other bits of Raw I watched the only other thing that seemed notable was the near silent crowd. Dodo Dead. Has this been the norm for the last couple of months?

I'm totally getting a vibe that they're going to take the fact that Owens is sick and not on TV this past week, and spin it into him being invited to join the League, refusing but he's still a bad guy, and a then a slow good guy turn. Well, as slow as things go nowadays. It's an old classic way to turn a bad guy into a bad ass good guy and it's almost always great.

People will always hate on him but I found Sheamus more entertaining this week than Rollins ever was during his run. He looks like he's having fun out there and I hope this is the beginning of him finding his feet as a character.

From the other bits of Raw I watched the only other thing that seemed notable was the near silent crowd. Dodo Dead. Has this been the norm for the last couple of months?

I have been noticing the dead crowds for at least a year now.

Not that it is much of a defense but I think the expected usage rate of Dreamer on their shows vs Daniel Bryan is obviously tilted. They don't want to clear Bryan theoretically because Bryan is a full time wrestler who won't change his style. He can't be counted on to be part of storylines due to his injury history but his star power is such that it is practically demanded he be featured some way whenever he is there in a full capacity. The chances of Bryan reinjuring himself is considerably higher than the chances Dreamer would purely based on usage.

That would make more sense if Dreamer wasn't going to be on a tables match at the PPV and already got put through one on Smackdown.

You can't say you want to take care of your wrestlers when you have broken down Dreamer doing something he shouldn't. Bryan doesn't know any better, neither does Dreamer.

And again, Christian is always left out of this conversation but he didn't have a risky style at all and was forced to retired after he got a concussion.

I didn't bring up Christian because he is a guy that I agree with you that the WWE is being hypocritical about the issue. However I should note that its just a very possible scenario that they are actually not that concerned about Christian's health, but that it was something they can make logkcal sounding excuse to 1. write out the guy that Vince actually never saw as a star and that he was an ugly looking guy who couldn't reach Vince's preferred note that the champion is a guy men wanted to hang out with or provide inspiration for themselves and that women wants to fuck him. Then 2. It gives them an easy example to provide when they try to convince people that they care about their wrestlers' health. Especially in the wake of CM Punk's shoot.

Now the other thing is sure, Tommy Dreamer is going to risk himself going through tables but much like when they booked Shane McMahon as a fearless daredevil that would do incredible and incredibly stupid stunts. I remember the wrestlers being upset that Shane got to shine the few times he wrestled because he could afford to just go home whenever he felt like it to heal up all the possible injuries Shane may have suffered through. The others didn't have that luxury. They had to drive to the next town and continuing on without a break or a "bye week". So I see Dreamer in a similar situation. Dreamer isn't gonna wrestle again for a long while or however he feels like it. Two table spots are easier for the WWE to deal with than the guy who does have to drive to the next town for the next show if he comes back as a full time wrestler and does suicide dives night in and night out because the suicide dive isn't something he saves for special WWE network event. It is actually part of his everyday moveset and doing it as his signature move much like Flair's getting thrown off the top of the turnbuckle and never being smart enough to know that spot never succeeds but he still does it because goddamn it the fans expects that out of every Flair match. Also the suicide dive isn't all that he does frequently but should be scaling back and removing the diving headbutt from his everyday moveset. Harley Race warns people not to do the headbutt because its inherently a tough spot to recover from and then theres that theory surrounding the Chris Benoit situation that part of why he snapped was because his mental capacity was that of a 60 year old alzheimer's patient and tbe headbutt has been the popular assumption of what caused that much damage to his brain. Bryan will do headbutts when he comes back because he is stubborn and thinks thats part of what people like to see from him. So no, a guy with his injury history and proved to be capable of lying to the WWE and hiding his injuries. What can Vince do with that?

I get your point. I still think it's bullshit on WWE's part but I see what their rationale is. Still, look at this regarding the bolded...

Tommy Dreamer is currently advertised for the following WWE Live Events:

12/19 - Inglewood, CA

12/20 - Winnipeg, MB

12/26 - New York, NY

12/27 - Hartford, CT

12/28 - Allentown, PA

01/09 - Montgomery, AL

01/10 - Mobile, AL

01/16 - Charleston, WV

01/17 - Canton, OH

He was cleared to compete full time for two months basically.

And Bryan stopped doing the diving headbutt, he was still doing moronic stiff headbutts with Ziggler though. He doesn't know any better, but again, neither does Dreamer. What I'm saying is that they are being so careful with Bryan and Christian but not with Dreamer, that kinda tells me that there might something else preventing them being cleared than their well being.