Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling thoughts that probably don't deserve

Coffey

It's funny that you mention male managers since I've thought Prince Nana has been the best part about ROH for quite some time now. James Mitchell also helps Abyss out a lot in TNA.

WWE definitely need to bring back the managers and valets. Instead of having managers and valets, we have "divas" wrestling crappy matches.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing, and I know smarks generally don't like to talk about this stuff, is the lack of character development. In 1997/98 they kept building Austin's character with what seemed like "throwaway" segments but were actually helping define his character. Hell they did the same thing with Snitsky and Heidenreich last year even if the premises were completely absurd. Say whay you want about the "lame" skits the WWF did in the 80s but they helped the fans identify with a certain character and their mannerisms. George Steele? Oh yeah he likes to eat turnbuckles. People remember that 20 years later. Brutus Beefcake? Oh yeah he cut hair. It really doesn't have to anything with in ring work, it's about creating unique and memorable characters.

The Boogeyman is probably the greatest thing WWE has done in YEARS. I'm for real on this. They took a guy who can't work for shit and gave him a gimmick that got over like rover because he kept showing up out of nowhere during other people's backstage skits doing random weird shit. Say what you will about Boogey, but there's no one else like him on the roster and you remember his shit after the show's over.

They took something that by all rights should have been straight up Wrestlecrap and managed to go past that and actually got him over.

Unique look, catchphrase, memorable gimmick. That's all it takes to get over.

"I'M THE BOOGEYMAN....AND I'M COMING TA GET YA!" *breaks clock over head*

If you don't mark for that just a little bit, you're truly dead inside.

*does the Boogeyman spasm dance*

Guest Local Jobber R

there's no one else like him on the roster and you remember his shit after the show's over.

Eugene the idiot savant is the real boogey woogie man. All he needs to do is to bleach his hair blond and grow it out to ZZ Top length!

PWI:

As we reported on the Hot News Hotline on the Elite section yesterday, the original plan for WrestleMania was for Shane McMahon to wrestle Shawn Michaels.  Since Shane's wife is pregnant and scheduled to deliver their child right around Mania, he chose to not do the match then so that he could be with her and will instead wrestle Michaels at Saturday Night's Main Event on 3/18.  I give him a lot of credit for making that decision because to me there is nothing more important than family.

wwe.com

Juniors released

March 9, 2006

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the releases of the following talents (Mascarita Sagrada, Tsuki, Pequeno Violencia, Octagoncito, Piratita Morgan and Super Porky) that make up the SmackDown Juniors division. WWE wishes them all the best in all their future endeavors.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/juniorsreleased

Guest Bruiser Chong

A lot of the Grand Wizard's belongings, including four pairs of sunglasses and a fez are being auctioned off on eBay right now.

NMB should pool their funds together and win it for me for my birthday. I'll take pictures with each pair of shades!

I can't listen to anything where Dave Meltzer talks. I can't listen to the WOL or his segment on The LAW because he speaks so poorly. You can only hear "you know" so many times before it drives you absolutely batshit insane. He says it at least ten times more often than Triple H.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Agreed. Watching the Wrestling Gold set, I didn't notice his speaking skills because I was too busy listening to all the great information he and Cornette were dishing out.

Okay, so school me. What's so great about the Valentine/Piper match from Starrcade '83? I watched it last night and honestly, it bored me. I knew the pace wouldn't be that fast because of the chain, but it was so plodding. Everytime I thought it was going to pick up, it reverted back to the same lethargic brawling. Some of the punches are downright embarrassing. And the execution for a lot of the big spots just isn't there. What am I missing?

Why has Ric Flair's hair been wet for like the last 5 years? I'd understand it if it was only like that when he wrestled, but it's like the man constantly goes around looking like he just walked out of the shower and put a suit on without bothering to towel off. It makes him look even older than he already is.

Guest Cam Chaos

Why has Ric Flair's hair been wet for like the last 5 years? I'd understand it if it was only like that when he wrestled, but it's like the man constantly goes around looking like he just walked out of the shower and put a suit on without bothering to towel off. It makes him look even older than he already is.

I actually think Flair hasn't went bald but his hair has thinned so he wets it down to give it more consistency.