Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling thoughts that probably don't deserve

Coffey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vince didn't discipline Ace, since he felt it would be seen as him appointing a weak persont o head Talent Relations.

So instead Vince allows him to continue to fuck up the whole company, just so Vince's ego won't get bruised. Who says Vince McMahon isn't a genius?

I didn't want to bump the thread about it, since it's kinda mean, but I hate how Matt Cappotelli is turning his brain tumor into an evangelical tool. He's practially saying cancer is a gift from God in interviews he's given since his diagnosis. He keeps saying how he's not rubbing God in people's faces, but almost half of every interview is Bible quotes and how this is all a blessing.

If it helps him get through his battles, more power to him. I just hope someone tells him he sounds like a loon sometimes.

Guest savagerulz

If it helps him get through his battles, more power to him. I just hope someone tells him he sounds like a loon sometimes.

Yeah, because he's probably not having a bad enough day without having his chosen means of staying upbeat about a horrible situation mocked to his face.

Yeah, because he's probably not having a bad enough day without having his chosen means of staying upbeat about a horrible situation mocked to his face.
Well considering I'm not likely to ever meet him, he won't have it mocked to his face.

He's also been known (before the tumor stuff) to go around telling people how gays are going to hell and all that wonderful anti-homosexual Bible stuff, so for him to say now he doesn't rub it in people's faces is kind of hypocritical on his part.

Plus he keeps playing that "it's not PC to say you're Christian" victim card which is so BS these days, especially when you work for a company that had a battle with a religious group (PTC anyone?).

Well considering I'm not likely to ever meet him, he won't have it mocked to his face.

He's also been known (before the tumor stuff) to go around telling people how gays are going to hell and all that wonderful anti-homosexual Bible stuff, so for him to say now he doesn't rub it in people's faces is kind of hypocritical on his part.

I've always thought that if you preach homophobia in the name of religion then that's against the spirit of Christianity, which teaches tolerance and forgiveness not hatred, prejudice and bigotry.

That said, I don't mind him preaching the gospel, because that's what Christians are told to do, spread the word of God. We are all free to ignore it if we wish. I do understand how it can be grating sometimes, but in this case, as he has got brain cancer, I think we should give him some slack.

Guest Dangerous A

Actually, on F4D with Larry Matysik on, they said Stacy's contract ends sometime this year. Even if she doens't win Dancing with the Stars, she has a lot of leverage to get paid. This show opens up doors for Stacy. I really hope she gets away because it seems Stacy is too good for the wrestling business. I don't think they'll pay her and she'll just be on her merry way.

I can see how it's going to play out, Vince is going to get all offended that she's become a bigger star through that program than any female with a wrestling connection since the 80s and didn't need to pose in Playboy to do it. He'll offer a ridiculously low contract and when she leaves WWE history will be written to say she was an ingrate who didn't appriciate the opportunity WWE gave her.

It's obvious Stacy desperately wants to get out of the wrestling because deep down she knows she will have to pose for Playboy to get a huge promotional push and she's unwilling to do so. She and Torrie moved to LA in 2003 to try and get acting gigs. I think the show will open up doors but I doubt it will be anything but fluff T and A roles like she has had in the past (mud wrestling in Bubble Boy, Lingerie model in Big Mama's House 2)

Guest Dangerous A

I could see her getting a lot of commercial and magazine work from her recent exposure, so I am not sure her wanting to get out of wrestling is motivated on lack of push. If anything, it's lack of money in the business since it was reported a few weeks ago Stacy was actually losing money doing house show appearances because WWE doesn't cover hotel and car rental and she was getting shit pay for the appearances, she ended up running in the red on the road.

Guest bravesfan

How can they not have the rights to the nWo theme? Didn't they buy that with WCW?

It's public domain, which is unusual for them to not use. If a superstar is recognized by a certain theme, and it's within the financial limits that public domain offers, why not use it? For record's sake, they have skimped on the nWo theme (Insurrextion 2002), Booker's music (Judgment Day 2003) and a few others.

Did they use the same music for Hogan at XIX?

I just popped in WM 19, and on it they have Hogan coming out to Voodoo Chile.

Really??? I could've sworn my copy of Anthology had Real American for Hogan's WM19 theme.

Interesting.

I have the commercial release of WM 19.

It must me funny if they replaced that song, since Hulk does a whole pantomime act to the words after the match (pointing to Vince when it says "standing next to a mountain", then doing a chopping motion to "chopped it down with tbe back of my hand").

Guest savagerulz

Scott Bowden noted in his latest Kentucky Fried Wrasslin' Column:

One fan on the WRESTLING OBSERVER site commented that Styles and Daniels are a modern-day Ricky Steamboat vs. Ric Flair. That?s probably the most spot-on compliment I?ve heard in a while.

I like Bowden's column. I mean, this statement is still asinine, but notable. Thoughts?