Pro Wrestling Only

The Project's General Discussion

Grimmas

I could always try that project as well. I don't know what's left that is available if you're starting in 1995 but with a bit of help for that period to get started, I should be fine.

I should be able to juggle the 1983 Project with that, if necessary. But 1983 Project is my main priority.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IWA-Mid South would be available (it can start a year early) in the Indiana/Kentucky area. Death matches and a huge training ground (Hero, Punk and Cabana came from there).

APW in California (Christopher Daniels, Michael Modest prmotion) is available.

Outside of that, really any thing could be made. It's indies, pick an area and go for it. we could even open OMEGA with the Hardy Boyz in the Carolina's if that is an interest.

Basically though, I'm sure we can find an indie to run an area in the country with monthly shows.

I was thinking too, the advantage of the indies would be they get to draft the rookies that debut. It would be a nice constellation prize, for losing talent to bigger promotions from time to time.

Since you are would allow Omega which started in 97, would it be ok if I did Mason Dixon Wrestling which also opened in 97. It focused on old NWA stars and a mix of new young talent. This would give me something I am familiar with.

Compltely man.

To update, we have (so far, tenatively)

Starting September 1st 1995 (conveniently when the MNWs actually started).

Scarlet-Left = WCW

I Broke Bruno's Neck = WWF

Grimmas = ECW

Wahoos Leg = SMW

toproplepodcast = USWA

kevinmcfl = Mason Dixie Wrestling

Yeah... Japan needs a minimum of four people (NJPW, AJPW, WAR, and FMW). Remember Japan has way more talent and popularity than USA had at the time.

Plus, you aren't really booking angles in Japan, just matches, so it's a different feel too. If there is enough interest though, I could switch to FMW. I know Low Blow is looking at AJPW. If somebody wants WAR, that would open ECW up for others. Lots of promotions in Japan, if that is an interest, just remember Japan is booked different than USA

I'm fully aware of all you said. That's why I was aiming for New Japan. Given that I'm not too familiar with anything other than the big 3 in the 90's (contrarily to the 80's where I'm more familiar with the territory stuff), I thought that New Japan would be better suited for me and I'm very comfortable with that booking style.

Anyway, I'll wait and see what you'll decide.

IF Japan gets included and IF the promotions you want are all taken, I'd like to do Michinoku Pro. My local indy (Osaka Pro) wasn't formed until '98, but it was in some ways born from Michinoku Pro (particularly in re: Super Delfin) and I just have a genuine love for Japanese regional indies.

If not, no hard feelings!

Scarlet-Left = WCW

Grimmas = ECW

Wahoos Leg = SMW

toproplepodcast = USWA

This is a great start-date (maximum potential for deviation). I'm pumped up!

Also, if I read you correctly, Eric Bischoff is locked in for me? Or Ted Turner?

Come to think of it, for the purposes of the game, will I be in control of just WCW or TBS itself?

Scarlet-Left = WCW

Grimmas = ECW

Wahoos Leg = SMW

toproplepodcast = USWA

This is a great start-date (maximum potential for deviation). I'm pumped up!

Also, if I read you correctly, Eric Bischoff is locked in for me? Or Ted Turner?

Come to think of it, for the purposes of the game, will I be in control of just WCW or TBS itself?

You'd get Bischoff, Schiavone, etc.... plus Turner, I guess, if you wanted.

IF Japan gets included and IF the promotions you want are all taken, I'd like to do Michinoku Pro. My local indy (Osaka Pro) wasn't formed until '98, but it was in some ways born from Michinoku Pro (particularly in re: Super Delfin) and I just have a genuine love for Japanese regional indies.

If not, no hard feelings!

M-Pro would be amazing.

But NJPW, AJPW, FMW, M-Pro is a good start actually.

That opens up ECW.

It looks like Wahoo's Leg might be picking our starting point, based on what promotion he wants.

Once he does, we can hash out rules (I have some cool stealing talent ideas) and I can make roster lists.

I do think, because the promotions are on tiers (WCW/WWF, ECW/USWA/SMW, others) that we should protect more than one person to start.

I'm thinking for protection, everybody gets their owner and then the below for whatever time period we are starting with.

Tier 1: WCW/WWF

Protect 4 wrestlers and 1 non-wrestler or 3 wrestlers and 2 non-wrestlers.

Tier 2: USWA/SMW/ECW

Protect 3 wrestlers and 1 non-wrestler or 2 wrestlers and 2 non-wrestlers.

Tier 3: Everybody else

Protect 3 pieces of talent.

Of course, you have the option to not protect anyone.

All I want in these protections is to avoid anything insane like Randy Savage headlining a once a month small indie. Are people in agreement with that, or is that me being too picky?

By 1 non-wrestler, are you talking about announcers or other folks in general?

It looks like Wahoo's Leg might be picking our starting point, based on what promotion he wants.

Once he does, we can hash out rules (I have some cool stealing talent ideas) and I can make roster lists.

I do think, because the promotions are on tiers (WCW/WWF, ECW/USWA/SMW, others) that we should protect more than one person to start.

I'm thinking for protection, everybody gets their owner and then the below for whatever time period we are starting with.

Tier 1: WCW/WWF

Protect 4 wrestlers and 1 non-wrestler or 3 wrestlers and 2 non-wrestlers.

Tier 2: USWA/SMW/ECW

Protect 3 wrestlers and 1 non-wrestler or 2 wrestlers and 2 non-wrestlers.

Tier 3: Everybody else

Protect 3 pieces of talent.

Of course, you have the option to not protect anyone.

All I want in these protections is to avoid anything insane like Randy Savage headlining a once a month small indie. Are people in agreement with that, or is that me being too picky?

By 1 non-wrestler, are you talking about announcers or other folks in general?

Managers essentially.

I think we will keep announcers and referees as is. Might need to rethink keepers, especially if Japan is involved.

Several questions:

Are you forcing protections on anyone? For example, I was considering playing dangerously and leaving Hogan until the draft, is that acceptable?

You've said that the start date is the first of September, does this mean Lex Luger could be included in the WWF's protection picks?

Are there any rules in regards to realism? As in, are we booking for ourselves or do we have to follow preexisting strategies/plans held by the companies going into September?

Will company relationships be carried over? For example, as WCW, would I be free to trade/loan talent to and from New Japan?

Will the calendar match reality? For example, when Raw/Nitro ran unopposed, will we be booking as if it didn't or will one player sit out that week?

Several questions:

Are you forcing protections on anyone? For example, I was considering playing dangerously and leaving Hogan until the draft, is that acceptable?

You've said that the start date is the first of September, does this mean Lex Luger could be included in the WWF's protection picks?

Are there any rules in regards to realism? As in, are we booking for ourselves or do we have to follow preexisting strategies/plans held by the companies going into September?

Will company relationships be carried over? For example, as WCW, would I be free to trade/loan talent to and from New Japan?

Will the calendar match reality? For example, when Raw/Nitro ran unopposed, will we be booking as if it didn't or will one player sit out that week?

Forcing protections... that is a good question. Hogan is in WCW, but really can only go to WCW, NJPW or WWF. Not protecting him only really gives two other promotions chances... not sure what is best for this.

Lex Luger is still on WWF's list as of September 1st.

Booking rules no. However, would like people to play within guidelines of promotions. Like I don't want to see coffin angles in AJPW or mega stars (Hogan) in death matches on a small indie. Obviously there is room in between that. However, say WCW wants to dumb Dungeon of Doom and focus more on international sports based booking, that is obviously cool. Just want anything too insane. Pretend your owner is who your owner is, for the most part that should get rid of any problems. Turner Broadcasting has certain demands, follow those type of deal.

Company relationships can start as is, but if the NJPW and WCW bookers don't want to work together, then so be it.

I think try to follow schedules is good, really WCW and WWF only sat out a few a year, so shouldn't be a big deal. However if WCW wants more Clashes or if ECW wants to ran the ECW arena less or whatever, that is up to them.

We want everybody to have fun, but nobody to fall too behind. Indies falling behind can close up easily and just re-open with another name.

If you are super busy one week there is no harm on saying "Raw on Monday had nothing major happen, except the announced this match for Surivvor Series". Stuff like that is way better than falling behind.

Since Top Rope went to ECW, I would love to go to USWA

Awesome!

Any more Japanese promotion takers? There is WAR, All Japan Women's, UWFI, Big Japan, JWP, WING, and IWA Japan all still available.

Only major USA promotions left are APW and IWA-MS with any indie people want. Plus all of Puerto Rico.

I will get rosters, more game rule ideas and everything out this weekend.

Great!

I've already got outlines down for potential booking and draft strategies.

As it stands, without making any protection picks, am I right to think that my roster already contains Turner plus all announcers/commentators and referees?

Great!

I've already got outlines down for potential booking and draft strategies.

As it stands, without making any protection picks, am I right to think that my roster already contains Turner plus all announcers/commentators and referees?

Correct.

Rules - The Initial Draft

Here is my ideas for rules. I am completely up for modifying and improving them, but this can set a basis.

Start Date: September 1, 1995 (September 1, 2016)

Following the 1995 calendar, but post on the 2016 calendar.

Pre-Draft:

1) You keep the owner and the announcers and other equivalent staff.

2) You get to keep three pieces of talent from the 1995 roster (rosters posted later).='

Tiers:

1) Promotions will be treated in blocks, by tiers

Tier A: WWF, WCW, AJPW, NJPW

Tier B: ECW, FMW

Tier C: SMW, USWA, M-Pro

The Draft:

1) Round #1 will start with a randomized list of the Tier A promotions, followed by Tier B and Tier C. After round 1, each even number round will be randomized for all promotions and the odd rounds will be snaked from the previous round.

2) There will be three lists of talent to pick from: The USA list, the Japan list, and the Other list. If you are a USA promotion you can select from the USA or Other list, while if you are a Japan promotion, then you can pick from the Japan and Other list.

3) You only draft 5 talent that was not born in the country of the promotion you control.

4) Roster Size (Includes anyone draft-able ie managers)

Tier A: 22-44

Tier B: 18-28

Tier C: 16-26

(Options to have larger rosters is available for indies big shows and Japan touring companies)

5) Once a pick is made, the person on the clock has 10 hours to pick. if they miss their 10 hours then the next person can pick and the person who missed their pick can insert their pick ASAP.

6) If you pick a tag team you forfeit your next pick. Although, feel free to pick only one member of a tag team.

7) Only Tier A promotions can select wrestlers with stars next to their name. (example Hogan is not going to M-Pro.

The Talent and Booking:

1) Keep in mind who your owner is when booking (ie if Giant Baba is your owner, there is no run ins and all clean finishes)

2) Book the amount of shows that you want. If you are a promotion that runs TV, then one show a week is all you need. If you are a smaller indie you can run only a show a month if you want.

3) Try to post shows on the day they occur. Obviously life happens, but it's better to just say "Raw ran this date, nothing of note happened) then to fall weeks and months behind.

4) You can fire anyone and hire anyone from the free agent list at any time.

5) If you are a touring company, you can add 5 free agents for your tour that no one else can use or get them loaned to you from other companies.

6) If you are a Tier B or C promotion, you can add up to 4 free agents for a mega show as long as they aren't booked out on tours.

7) Every few months there will be a rookie draft where only Tier C promotions can participate in.

Stealing Talent:

1) Since it's the Monday Night Wars, the US promotions will have a stealing system. If a wrestler is not used on TV or PPV for an entire month by a Tier A promotion, then the other Tier A promotion can steal that talent. If that wrestler is not used again for another week the Tier B promotion can steal them.

2) Every month the Tier A & B promotions will rotate through one attempt to steal a talent (ie WCW one month, WWF next, and ECW the one after, followed by WCW again). The player can pick one talent from an equal sized or lower tiered promotion to steal. A die will determine if they are successful or not.

If the talent you want to steal is on the same tier and is top 6 for that company, then the player selects one number between 1 and 12. Two dice are rolled if that number comes up, they get the talent.

If the talent you want to steal any other talent then the player selects one number between 1 and 6. A die is rolled if that number comes up, they get the talent.

Just some ideas I had, let me know what you think.

I like it. What about the idea that along with the stealing aspect, there is some sort of moving up draft at the same time of the rookie draft. Maybe 2 or 3 rounds each...

Tier 3: Unlimited rounds

Tier 2: 2-3 Round draft from tier 3 (Tier 3 can protect 3 wrestlers from this draft)

Tier 1: 2-3 Round draft from tier 2 (Tier 2 can protect 4 or 5 wrestlers from this draft)

This would make sure the pecking order stays in correct and each writer excepts their role. I am from Tier 3 and would be fine with this. I would also add that if writers drop out that people below get the chance to move up. This would reward the loyal people and with newcomers starting on the bottom there would be harm if they didn't stick and also they would have no false ideas on making an indie on par with WWF