Pro Wrestling Only

The Project's General Discussion

Grimmas

I can't wait to get this show on the road?

How is everyone else approaching the draft; making up a plan and entering with a specific goal in mind or playing it by ear about making up a plan after the fact?

Personally, I'm going to lock in 8-10 wrestlers and then fill out the shows with what's left, if it's the Bushwackers or Steiners, it's what's left, fancy not being entirely in control...

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have a better plan once the list comes. Being tier 3 I am between up and comers who I know little about or vets on the way down. Would love a mix of both. Also being USWA who did have a Women's Title at this time but again being Tier 3 and having a max of 26 people I am going to have to be careful on how many people I can put into each division.....singles, tag teams, managers and jobbers.

The first few rounds, I will take best available and then go for need.

As for strategy. Get 3-4 solid people in tags, strong style, death matches, and women and fill it out with whoever is left. Hopefully some that can overlap a few divisions.

The key strategy is to see how to fill out my 5 foreigners in the draft. I already have Mike Awesome, so that leaves only 4 slots for USA/CAN/MEX.

I think in Japan: Rings, UWFI and AJW should be ghost promotions, where the talent is only available on short term deals between their tours. In Mexico: AAA and CMLL should be the same as well. ie if you want Rey Jr, Konnan or Pyschosis then you have to work around AAA, like how ECW and WCW did.

I think in Japan: Rings, UWFI and AJW should be ghost promotions, where the talent is only available on short term deals between their tours. In Mexico: AAA and CMLL should be the same as well. ie if you want Rey Jr, Konnan or Pyschosis then you have to work around AAA, like how ECW and WCW did.

Is there anyone in charge of any of the Mexican Promotions? If not, how would one get a wrestler booked?

Is there anyone in charge of any of the Mexican Promotions? If not, how would one get a wrestler booked?

All good questions, that I am not sure how to handle yet. Rey and Psycoshis worked ECW, WAR and the Super J Cup. Things picked up in mid 1996, when WCW did the lucha invasion... any ideas.

All good questions, that I am not sure how to handle yet. Rey and Psycoshis worked ECW, WAR and the Super J Cup. Things picked up in mid 1996, when WCW did the lucha invasion... any ideas.

I think if no one picks up Mexico, let them in the draft.

I think if no one picks up Mexico, let them in the draft.

Just the ones who worked outside of Mexico though.

I think we are getting away from what we stated in the opening which was for everyone to play for the promotion they have. Letting promotions move up is nice for me as I am Tier 3 but it becomes unrealistic if I stay a year that I could be as big as WWF. It is also unrealistic if we allow all these wrestlers in to the draft. If their primary promotion was in mexico or Japan, then they should be open to only promotions in those countries. Even WWF and WCW have limits on talent.

I think people should be able to move up to a higher tiered promotion if and when someone drops out. Newcomers start on tier 3 and work their way up .

I think we are getting away from what we stated in the opening which was for everyone to play for the promotion they have. Letting promotions move up is nice for me as I am Tier 3 but it becomes unrealistic if I stay a year that I could be as big as WWF. It is also unrealistic if we allow all these wrestlers in to the draft. If their primary promotion was in mexico or Japan, then they should be open to only promotions in those countries. Even WWF and WCW have limits on talent.

I think people should be able to move up to a higher tiered promotion if and when someone drops out. Newcomers start on tier 3 and work their way up .

I really have no problem with that as well.

Looks like Tatsumi Fujinami is missing from the New Japan list.

Just wanted some clarifications as a Japanese Promotion Booker:

1. I can draft from the Japan & Other groups, correct?

2. I can draft up to 5 people not born in Japan, correct?

3. Does this mean I am allowed to draft 5 people from the US Groups or can I only draft 5 non-Japanese from the "Other" category?

4. If I can indeed select up to 5 non Japanese-born people from the US Group, would a US born selection of a wrestler grouped in the "Other" category (lets call him Vader) count towards my 5 available non-Japanese born candidates? Like lets say Vader is in the "Other" Group and I pick him in the 3rd round. Then I wanted to put US Group guys Owen Hart, Bret Hart, Undertaker, Yokozuna and Sid in UWFi. Would I be allowed to draft all of those guys or would I miss out on Sid because of my Vader pick?

That was overly complicated I know, but just want to make sure.

I also wanted to cast a vote for adding guys from non-selected promotions like WAR or RINGS or All of Mexico just into a big free agency bucket available for drafting. Same for promotions like PWFG that are about to fold or BattlArts that are about to start.

Thanks!

Looks like Tatsumi Fujinami is missing from the New Japan list.

Just wanted some clarifications as a Japanese Promotion Booker:

1. I can draft from the Japan & Other groups, correct?

2. I can draft up to 5 people not born in Japan, correct?

3. Does this mean I am allowed to draft 5 people from the US Groups or can I only draft 5 non-Japanese from the "Other" category?

4. If I can indeed select up to 5 non Japanese-born people from the US Group, would a US born selection of a wrestler grouped in the "Other" category (lets call him Vader) count towards my 5 available non-Japanese born candidates? Like lets say Vader is in the "Other" Group and I pick him in the 3rd round. Then I wanted to put US Group guys Owen Hart, Bret Hart, Undertaker, Yokozuna and Sid in UWFi. Would I be allowed to draft all of those guys or would I miss out on Sid because of my Vader pick?

That was overly complicated I know, but just want to make sure.

I also wanted to cast a vote for adding guys from non-selected promotions like WAR or RINGS or All of Mexico just into a big free agency bucket available for drafting. Same for promotions like PWFG that are about to fold or BattlArts that are about to start.

Thanks!

There will be three draft lists. USA, Japan, Either.

As a Japanese promotion you can only draft from the Either and/or Japanese list. As a USA promotion you can only draft from the USA and/or Either list. There will be more draftable wrestler than what were on those promotions lists (WAR, RINGS, indies, etc..)

In any event, you can only draft 5 wrestlers who were not born in your home country, no matter what list they are on. Of course you can add more non-natives on short term basis for tours and big shows from the free agents list.

To clarify the moment the draft ends you can only have 5 wrestlers not born in your home country, no matter what list they were on.

To clarify the moment the draft ends you can only have 5 wrestlers not born in your home country, no matter what list they were on.

Is this realistic? It would prohibit AJPW from trying to recreate their real-life roster.

Yeah, I may have some issue with looking at what their roster was...

Abdullah

Johnny Ace

Dr. Death

Hansen

Giant Kimala II

Patriot

Furnas

Bobby Duncum Jr

The Fantastics...

I think 5 may be too small... I plan on moving the guys around outside of tours but there were a lot of foreigners here.

All but Hansen, ace, death and can Ams were added for tour. You can have more by bringing in folks for tours

I think you should extend the cap to seven, because a cursory glance at WWF's roster month by month in '96 has them regularly exceeding the limit. Even more so if you include Glenn Jacobs.

All but Hansen, ace, death and can Ams were added for tour. You can have more by bringing in folks for tours

I think you should extend the cap to seven, because a cursory glance at WWF's roster month by month in '96 has them occasionally exceeding the limit. Even more so if you include Glenn Jacobs.

Nothing is stopping future foreign talent. Just initial focus on home talent. If in one year WCW is half Mexican that is fine...

Is what I am thinking. If people want it upped, fine though

I think you should extend the cap to seven, because a cursory glance at WWF's roster month by month in '96 has them occasionally exceeding the limit. Even more so if you include Glenn Jacobs.

Nothing is stopping future foreign talent. Just initial focus on home talent. If in one year WCW is half Mexican that is fine...

Is what I am thinking. If people want it upped, fine though

I thought it was a hard cap. If it's just for the initial draft, then that's perfectly fine by me.