Pro Wrestling Only

Rock n Roll RPM's vs. Dan Greer & Don Kent (3/29/86)

El Boricua

• 3 weeks later...
Nice, short, southern style tag. I'd never seen Greer or Kent wrestle before, but Kent was part of the Fabulous Kangaroos team that I kinda wish we had some footage of (or maybe we do and I just haven't been made aware of it yet). Greer apparently lost a hair match not long before this but instead of going fully bald he decided to keep his ridiculous rat tail ponytail. The RPM's were a pretty fun second-rate RnR Express here, with Lane playing Morton and Davis playing Gibson. Davis' running dropkick was awesome, just blasting Greer who took a big bump into the corner. We've had southern tag formula on the set already, but this is the first time it's been presented in its purest/most Americanized form. It wouldn't have looked out of place as a Great American Bash tour opener, for example.

• 1 year later...

Davis didn't show a ton of fire on the hot tag but that dropkick was really good. This was one of the matches that sold me on Jaggers on commentary, before he just got to be too much. I'd agree this would not look out of place on WCW TV for the next 5 years.