Pro Wrestling Only

The Rock n Roll RPM's vs. The Zambuie Express (3/29/86)

El Boricua

• 3 weeks later...
Another fun RPM's southern style tag, though I liked this one more than the Greer/Kent match. This had a better heat segment on Lane as well, primarily because the Zambuies had some killer fat guy offence and Lane bounced around admirably for all of it. There was one weird bit early on where Muhammad kind of stood with Davis in a headlock waiting for something to happen with Akeem and Lane, but for the most part he and Akeem threw their ample weight around and tried to squash folk. Davis hit another couple great looking dropkicks and I bet the pop at the end would've been thunderous. The camera literally shook and people were going ballistic for the RnRs, which took me aback a little because I had no idea they were so over.

• 1 year later...

I thought that crossbody by Lane early was really good. The Express definitely know how to use their weight to good effect in squashing Lane. RnR RPMs are good as standard babyfaces in these kind of matches, but not anything above that. They definitely got a pop for that win though.