Pro Wrestling Only

Super Medico vs. White Knight (9/19/86)

El Boricua

Who are these dudes? WILD INSANE BRAWL TO START. HOLY FUCK THIS IS SOME HOT SHIT. Crowd is going nuts as these dudes go all Don Frye vs Takayama on each other. Holy shit this was intense in the opening moments. I don’t know who these guys are. They both have on long white tights and white masks. Fortunately the crowd and announcers can though. Crowd is going crazy for this from the sound of things. I don’t really have any idea how to review a match like this since the wrestlers are basically identical. I can figure out who is who at times but overall not really. I enjoyed this though. Fun stuff and the opening is bonkers. Hugo & Jaggers would have made this great I’m sure of it.

• 5 weeks later...

No idea who's who as their outfits are basically identical and have similar builds. That doesn't matter for the opening, which features a ton of rapid fire punching that is just terrific. Unfortunately it peaked there as what follows is a long sleeper to presumably get their cardio back and a number of ref bumps. Lot of promise in that opening segment but not much of value thereafter.

**1/2

On the one hand this had some really good stuff. On the other hand both guys were wearing identical ring attire and I couldn't tell who was who. I *think* Medico was the tecnico. The crowd were super hot for whoever the tecnico was, anyway. They popped huge for his punch flurry - and good grief what a fucking punch flurry this was - and they rallied behind him when the rudo took over. The rudo - I assume White Knight - was a bit chinlocky, but he hit a nice vertical suplex and his top rope elbow was first class. I may re-watch this if Boricua's history thread sheds some light on who's who (and maybe some backstory), but as it stands I still liked it well enough. Those white masks were absolutely dapper, btw.

• 1 year later...

I'd put the longer haired guy as White Knight and the guy whose hair you can't see as Super Medico. Opening was all kinds of awesome. The chnilock/sleeper stuff really drags. Finish was pretty wonky and White Knight pulling the knucks out right in front of the first downed referee was such a bonehead move.