Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-01-25-CMLL] Arkangel de la Muerte vs Tigre Blanco

soup23

A nice singles lucha match for us. I don’t really have a lot to say about this one as it never really grabbed me. I thought the first fall was way too inconsequential. The second fall had Tigre really working over the leg but it doesn’t have a pay off as he still gets caught in a Northern Lights Suplex and pinned. Third fall is where things predictably open up and Tigre takes the attack again and then hits a huge tope. Arkangel could certainly be selling the effects more and he ends up winning with a big powerbomb. I have been really loving all the CMLL output so far so it was due for something disappointing and unfortunately this match was it. **1/4

This match was fine, but nothing terribly gripping. The spots were good, especially some nice looking power bombs, but it was just a generic average match.

It's hard after watching so many heated feuds to watch a competitive none hate match, however it was solid enough and nothing I didn't like seeing. ** 1/2

Quite possibly the most "just there" match I've ever seen. There's nothing wrong with it, yet there's absolutely nothing worth getting excited about either. These guys are not bad at all, but they are the least impressive guys I've seen in CMLL, where the standards are admittedly pretty high. I just finished this match 30 seconds ago and have literally already forgotten almost everything about it.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought this was a good undercard match. I watched it twice, the first time by itself and the second time after watching the trios that led into it, and I enjoyed it more the second time. The clipping hurt the rhythm of what they were trying to do, but I liked the way that Tigre Blanco picked up where he left off after his strong finish to the trios match and that Arkangel had to draw on his experience to win the segunda caida and take the tercera. Sure, it was a forgettable match in the grand scheme of things, and workers have done better in CMLL in similar positions like Olimpico and Halcon Negro, but I thought this was worth taking the time to watch.

I liked this way more than everybody else. A really solid little match that just felt "right" to me. Not sure if I could necessarily back up my feelings here, might be more of a personal taste thing. Arkangel in particular looked really crisp. Even just the way he hit the ropes, the force of his shoulder tackles, etc. I thought he sold the leg just fine even if it ended up being not much more than a bump in the road of the match. Tigre stalking him and going after the knee in the second fall was good stuff too. Dives were a lot of fun. Nice big power bomb for the finish and I'm a happy camper.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

By-the-numbers is about right for this, but I didn't regret spending fourteen minutes watching it. It's a title match and a chance to check out more Arkangel de la Muerte, so I'll take what I can get. That said I don't remember a thing about the primera. I liked the leg work and Arkangel's sell of it in the segunda, though, even if it was brief. I guess there's only so much drama you can create with four minutes, but I thought they picked things up nicely in the tercera and it made for an okay stretch run. Fine enough detour from the blood and guts of what the Villano/Atlantis and Satanico/Tarzan Boy feuds were bringing, even if it never came close to reaching the same heights.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2000-01-25-CMLL] Arkangel de la Muerte vs Tigre Blanco