Pro Wrestling Only

PWO2K #1: Wrestling In The 2000s - January 2000

Loss

Not really 2000, but the decade as a whole has promos getting largely scripted and people being mostly disappointed with the booking. People shifted their paradigm more toward matches because it seemed like especially in America great promos and great angles were an extreme rarity. They happened for sure but they were not as important anymore. I think all the guys who were climbing the ladder in 2000-2001 who looked like they would be future main event players that weren't, followed by no satisfying payoff to HHH-Stephanie-Angle, followed by a horribly mismanaged invasion, followed by a disappointing NWO revival, followed by a Bischoff run that had its moments but wasn't everything that it could be, followed by a disappointing Goldberg run, followed by departures of Austin and Rock on less than ideal terms, followed by a HHH run on top that seemed like it would never end combined to destroy a lot of people's faith in this stuff. Add in that promos really became heavily scripted during this time and that the indies were really workrate companies for the most part (for the most part) and there you go.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I don't listen to a lot of podcasts but I listened to this. It was cool hearing you guys shoot the breeze about the project. I know Loss has been trying to start something like this for a while and with Chad as his running partner I'm sure it will have the legs.

For what it's worth, I thought Cactus vs. Hunter was the Match of the Month and Satanico the Wrestler of the Month.

Thanks Daniel,

I don't know when episode two will be out and I am the problem. It is relatively easy for me to watch a few matches during work lunch hour but I am studying for the CPA exam so most of the nights are consumed by that currently.

Agreed with WingedEagle, focus on the exam. Also this gives me time to attempt to catch up, as I am woefully behind