Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-02-29-CMLL] Negro Casas vs Black Warrior

Loss

Sometimes, clipping is done in a way that you can still get a feel for the match, but I don't think that was the case here. I had a tough time getting a feel for what was going on, which is unfortunate since I was excited to see the first Negro Casas singles match of 2000, even if we only had 9 minutes of it. It doesn't look to have been anything special, but I do think it's just as possible the editing was bad. We didn't even see what led to Negro's La Magistral win in the third fall. It just happened.

A match that just sits there to wet your appetite. Good action throughout but the falls are criminally short. They do play that in fairly well like in the third fall, Casas takes advantage of a big miss by Warrior but while this was a good way to pass 10 minutes, it made me yearn for a whole lot more. This match was sort of the fear we had in the beginning when we saw the lucha match times. **1/4

• 3 weeks later...

This was a bit of a letdown after Satanico vs. Tarzan Boy and the angle with Perro Aguayo, but it was mano a mano, which carries with it a glass ceiling. Clipping or no clipping, the point was for Casas to defeat Black Warrior and earn a title shot or at least prove worthy of one. This was never going to be anything more than build.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2000-02-29-CMLL] Negro Casas vs Black Warrior