Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-03-04-Osaka Pro] Dick Togo & Black Buffalo & Daioh Quallt vs Super Delphin & Naohiro Hoshikawa & Ebessan

soup23

I did not expect Ebessen in gimmick this soon after seeing him in Onita Pro. This match was a shit load of fun that with more time could have been up there with the great Mich. Pro matches of the 90’s. Everyone was given a chance to impress and the comedy moments were implemented seamlessly with the hot action. Togo and Ebessen in particular had great chemistry with each other and the match culminates in them battling it out resulting in Togo hitting his awesome senton for the win. ***1/4

• 4 weeks later...

This was awesome. Osaka Pro has been inconsistent thus far, but here, they are doing Michinoku Pro better than Michinoku Pro, and in a compact 8 minutes to boot! My first time to see Ebessan in a match! Togo and Delphin still got the magic, and the new crop of guys all shined as well. This excited me for Osaka Pro. ***1/2

• 3 weeks later...

This is really enjoyable. The pace is incredible, everything Dick Togo does in there looks great, the supersonic sequence between Black Buffalo and Delphin near the end was gorgeous, I enjoyed having a look at the beginnings of the Ebessan character, and the finish was killer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really enjoyed this as a 8-minute sprint. I wasn't expecting much but Dick Togo was awesome in this. So was Ebessan. The dude in blackface was a little problematic but it's Japan so whatever. Even though it's a smaller crowd, they seemed more into the action than the Michinoku Pro stuff.

• 3 months later...

I really dug this match. Besides lucha, I've been enjoying the Japanese indies the most from this time period. While this match won't set the world on fire, I could watch this style for quite a while. It really helps to watch this after being burnt out on wrestling as this is just so much fun. Dick Togo like always is the best part of this but I also really enjoyed Ebessan in this.

• 3 months later...

This was clipped quite a bit, but what we got of this was a ton of fun.

Daio QUALLT is not a guy I'm too hot on, but the other 5 guys are/can be really good, so you know they could make this work and they did. The comedy is in bits and pieces and it doesn't really hurt this at all.

Ebessan works more straight up serious than his usual comedy routine which he mostly does with Kuinshibo Kamen. His exchanges with Togo for me were the highlight of the match. They are both guys from the Onita Pro crew, so they have previous chemistry and are familiar with each other. Plus Togo can pretty much work with anyone in any environment.

This doesn't touch the very best Michinoku Pro stuff, but it's still really fun stuff.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-03-04-Osaka Pro] Dick Togo & Black Buffalo & Daioh Quallt vs Super Delphin & Naohiro Hoshikawa & Ebessan