Pro Wrestling Only

UNIVERSAL WRESTLING FEDERATION (UWF)

kevinmcfl

​Epic return of JYD! JYD helping in the feud against the Wright Army spells money. After the Rich/Gilbert feud you went right into another hot angle with Luger and Gilbert. Missy and Baby Doll add so much to this angle. The Honky Tonk Man segments continue to deliver. Adonis and Street taking on the Long Riders in a loser leaves town match is a good blow off to this story. The Hollywood Blondes have become a serious threat to the RnR Express. Haku continues his rampage but be careful because the Superstar still has some fuel left in the tank. Great job building towards the Bash.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baby Doll vs. Gilbert is an interesting matchup possibility. HTM is really pushing his luck. Oooh, LLT tag match! I could see either team going somewhere else. Haku and Superstar may not be the foregone conclusion we all think it is. :) Good way to build the Hollywood Blondes before their title match. JYD as the mystery partner is a great, great choice.

What a triumphant return for JYD in the UWF! All is now right in the world in the Mid-South area.

And I must say that despite their recent shortcomings, I definitely think you stumbled upon something with the combination of Brad Armstrong & Jeff Jarrett. It's just a perfect match for me and I hope you stay the course with them as long as you can!

HIYxdeH.jpg?4

6/21/1986

CHATTANOOGA, TENNESSEE

McKENZIE ARENA

(HOUR #2) 

Match

Dr. Death & The Barbarian with Skandar Akbar destroy DJ Peterson & Homer O’dell

Skandar Abar:  Well Cowboy Bill Watts… I am glad you are here.  Each week I listen to you stand up here and complain about people like me or Ron Wright or Ivan Koloff and you say all we do is break the rules. 

Cowboy Bill Watts:  Ok Akbar…. What do you have up your sleeve in that dress you are wearing? 

Skandar Akbar:  There you go again… insulting me for no reason.  Well if you truly care about the integrity of the UWF as you claim that you do, it is time to strip the Road Warriors of the UWF Tag Titles they currently have and hand them over to Devastation Inc. 

Cowboy Bill Watts:  And why would I do that?

Skandar Akbar:  Rules… simply rules.  Let me ask you a question.  When the Road Warriors won the World Tag Team Titles, is it not true that you said they would continue to hold the UWF titles at the same time and that when they were in the UWF, both the UWF titles and the NWA World titles would be on the line and when they wrestled in another NWA territory, only the World titles would be on the line.

Cowboy Bill Watts:  True but I still don’t get your point. 

Skandar Akbar:  Well as the UWF tag champs, they must follow the UWF rules to hold those titles.  Well they have not wrestled in the UWF since the Memorial Day Bash on May 24th.  I know they are not in the building tonight and they are not scheduled to wrestle in the Omni as they are booked on a week long trip.  Therefore they have not defended the UWF tag belts in over 30 days and by YOUR bylaws they must be stripped of their titles and since Devastation Inc. is the Number 1 contenders to those titles, you should just hand me the belts.

Cowboy Bill Watts takes a moment to think about this and decides that Akbar is partially correct.  The Road Warriors are in violation of the 30 day rule and will be stripped of their belts but he does not agree to just hand the belts over to Devastation Inc.   

Cowboy Bill Watts:  This is what we are going to do.  There will be 4 tag matches next week on television and the 4 winners will face each other in a Four Corners Match at the Great American Bash. The only thing I can tell you right now is that your Devastation Inc., Doom and the Midnight Express will be three of the 8 teams involved! 

Akbar seems somewhat satisfied as he succeeded in getting the RW’s stripped of the titles but he was not given the UWF tag belts as he hoped. 

COMMERCIAL 

MATCH:  UWF Continental Title Match:  “Dirty” Dick Slater vs Hacksaw Reed 

Both Ross and Watts hype this up as a main event anywhere in the country and it is right here on TV for all of the UWF fans to see! 

While this match begins, Jim Cornette is at the interview desk where for once, he is praising Cowboy Bill Watts as he is now excited that his Midnight Express has a chance at winning the UWF Title Matches at the Bash which is much better then he thought could happen 

Kendall Windham defeats Brutus Beekcake with the Running Bulldog 

Windham continued to hype up how he is going to get revenge on HTM for cracking him over the head with the guitar a few weeks ago. 

COMMERCIAL 

Superstar Billy Graham beats The Warlord with Skandar Akbar with the Bearhug 

The only problem here was that Haku hit the ring as soon as the Warlord submitted and gave Graham a huge beatdown that made Jim Ross very concerned if Superstar would be healthy enough to face Haku at the Bash and if he is healthy enough, does he even stand a chance against Akbar’s newest monster.  The only thing that saved Graham here was that the locker room emptied from the back and pulled the man from Tonga off Graham.  Both Jim Ross and Kendall Windham were really disturbed as we went to break. 

Russian Assassin #2 beats Frank Dalton with a Piledriver

The problem here was that the Russian Assassin went for a second piledriver on Dalton but Giant Baba hits the ring and starts kicking away on the Russian Assassin.  After a few Big Boots by Baba, he goes for the mask of the Assassin.  Somehow, the Assassin is able to wiggle free and head for the hills 

COMMERCIAL 

After the break, we see a fired-up Magnum T.A. at the interview desk where he continues to express anger at the actions of the Russians.  He takes some time in hyping up the fact that Giant Baba is going to take the World title from Nikita Koloff tomorrow night at the Omni in Atlanta. 

This brings out Uncle Ivan to the interview desk 

Ivan Koloff:  I have known for a long time that Americans are stupid but right now Magnum T.A., you are proving my point.  Giant Baba was NWA champion… yes that is true but it was a long, long time ago.  Giant Baba is the past.  The Russian Nightmare is the present.  He is unbeatable and Giant Baba better be careful if he ever wants to return to his country and live a normal life.   

Magnum T.A.:  Ok Ivan, that is all I can take.  You talk week in and week out about how unstoppable Russia is and how bad America is.  How about this, you get in the ring with me right now and I will prove to you which nation is superior. 

As the crowd pops, Ivan claims that he is not ready to wrestle tonight even though he would love to put Magnum in his place.  As the crowd boos, Ivan does actually give them something they want.  He tells Magnum to go to the ring and he will go get him an opponent that will take that UWF title from him!  Jim Ross and Cowboy Bill Watts are hoping it is Nikita Koloff but it turns out to be another man in a red mask.  

Impromptu Match for the UWF Heavyweight Title:  Magnum T.A. VS Russian Assassin #2? 

This Russian Assassin is charging down the aisle after T.A but is met with a fist as he tried to come through the middle ropes.  T.A. drags him into the ring and whips him across.  As he comes off, we see the Belly to Belly Suplex and this match goes all of about 10 seconds!  T.A. goes right for the mask and it appears that it is coming off! 

This is where Ivan and Nikita hit the ring like a house afire and really give Magnum a good beating.  We see T.A. hit by the Russian Sickle and then Ivan drag him up and just as it looks like he s going to get a second Russian Sickle, the screen fades to black.

4 corners tag match for the UWF tag titles is going to be so much fun. I'm liking this Kendall/Honky Tonk program. Kendall is improving every week. Graham and Haku is really heating up, it's a classic old school powerhouse going up against the new monster. I love seeing Baba in this environment. It's so different which is why I love it. Magnum TA has become a huge star here and knows how to fire up this Mid South crowd. His feud with the Russians is money! You're Great American Bash card is going to be a huge draw. 

HIYxdeH.jpg?4

6/28/1986

RIVERSIDE CENTROPLEX

BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA

(HOUR #1) 

The show starts with a video tape of Nikita Koloff vs Giant Baba from this week’s big show from the Omni in Atlanta, Georgia.    

·       The match gives us a minute or two of some nice back and forth between Nikita and Baba were Baba is chopping away on Koloff and he is answering with big forearm smashes.  Ivan and the Russian Assassin jump up on the apron which distracts Baba for just a second but it is enough time for Nikita to come off the ropes with a big Russian Sickle which leads to the three count.  Ivan and the Assassin hit the ring in celebration as Magnum T.A. and Ole Anderson come to the ring to make sure nothing else happens to Baba.  After a tense stare down between Nikita and Magnum they both can’t control themselves and the brawl to end all brawls ensues between the two biggest names in the UWF today.

Hello everybody.  Welcome to UWF Wrestling. We are coming to you from the Riverside Centroplex in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.  I am Jim Ross and my partner today is Cowboy Bill Watts.   Before our first match, let’s bring out Magnum T.A.

Jim Ross: Well Magnum, we just saw the raw emotion spill over between you and Nikita Koloff last week in the Omni.

Magnum T.A.:  Jim, I just couldn’t take it anymore.  I mean it is always 3-1 when you fight the Russians.  In fact, Giant Baba told me he is so fed up that he is going to return to Japan soon to get his head on straight but that he will be back.  Nikita is great.  I am taking nothing away from him but the idea that Ivan and that Russian Assassin or Assassins, whoever they may be, sticken their noses in is just so frustrating.  And watching Nikita prance around with our NWA Title and listening to Ivan claim the superiority to America just makes me sick to my stomach!

Cowboy Bill Watts:  Well I have some good news for you Magnum… The NWA Board of Directors has granted you a World Title shot for next week in the Louisiana Superdome at the Great American Bash!

Magnum T.A.:  Well I promise you one thing Mr. Watts.  I am going to give it my all to put that title back around the waist of someone who respects this country. 

Ivan Koloff rushes out and begins to argue that T.A. doesn’t deserve a world title shot but Watts uses Ivan’s words from last week against him as he reminds Ivan that he said that all the best wrestlers are from Russian and how they are superior to our UWF champion, Magnum T.A.  Watts then reminds Koloff that Magnum beat Russian Assassin #2 in under 10 seconds right here on TV.  As we go to break, Ivan Koloff is last stumbling over his words as Jim Ross is hyping up Magnum T.A.’s world title shot. 

COMMERCIAL 

Tim Horner defeats Frank Dalton with the Rolling Cradle

Jim Ross really hypes up Horner’s success since returning to the UWF.  The crowd is also liking his feistiness since his return as he was quick to trade blows with Billy the Kid.  

After the match, Bullet Bob Armstrong and JYD are at the interview desk where Armstrong is excited about his upcoming match with Ron Fuller at the Great American Bash.   This brings out Ron Wright and Ron Fuller. 

Ron Wright:  I mean how dumb can one person be.  We keep telling you Armstrong that you must prove yourself over and over again before you deserve to get in the ring with the Stud.

Ron Fuller:  I am sorry to do this to you Colonel Wright but this is the first time I have ever had to disagree with you.  All Armstrongs are that dumb!

JYD begins to jump towards Fuller but the Bullet holds him back and reminds him that he can’t let their tactics get under his skin.

Bob Armstrong:  Ok Wright.  I have already gone through Killer Khan, Big Bubba Ottman and Grizzly Boone.  What else are you going to have me to before that coward next to you will actually get in the ring with me.

Ron Wright:  Well we have only one more test for you…. Today you must beat Dick Murdoch.

Bob Armstrong simply nods but Jim Ross is concerned!

Jim Ross:  Oh come on Wright… this is ridiculous.  Dick Murdoch is a ornery as a rattle snake sunning himself on top of a cactus.  You know the doctors have warned Bullet Bob here about wrestling at all never mind against the likes of Dick Murdoch.  Can’t you do something about this Cowboy Watts?

Cowboy Bill Watts:  Unfortunately, I can’t.  It was Ron Wright who bought the contract of Ron Fuller from Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling and he, for now, controls when and against who Fuller will wrestle.  But Ron Wright’s contract belongs to me and if he doesn’t keep his word tonight, he will be suspended.

Ron Wright:  That is fair.  If the Unchristian Armstrong here defeats Captain Murdoch, he will get a Leather Strap Match against the Tennessee Stud at the Bash.

Cowboy Bill Watts:  One more thing, I do control the contracts of all of your other men including Dick Murdoch and I have just added another match to the Great American Bash…. It will be Dick Murdoch and the Junkyard Dog.   

JYD immediately starts barking at the moon as Ron Wright wonders if he messed up making Armstrong jump through so many hoops to get at the Stud.   

COMMERCIAL 

Haku with Skandar Akbar destroys DJ Peterson with the end coming by way of the Tongan Death Grip.

At the interview desk, Akbar is laughing at poor how poor Superstar Graham must meet the monster Haku at the Great American Bash and that is just a week after he took a trip over to Mid-Atlantic and had his ribs crushed by King Kong Bundy and a Giant Splash

The Spoiler beat Mike George with the Bionic Claw 

COMMERCIAL 

Dick Murdoch with Ron Wright vs Bullet Bob Armstrong  

Jim Ross reminds us that if Bullet Bob wins, he gets his shot at the Tennessee Stud at the Bash in a Leather Strap Match!  He goes through the fact that Armstrong has had to run the Gauntlet of Ron Wright’s Army just to get to this point.  He also reminds us that Bullet could soften up Murdoch for JYD in their match in New Orleans.

Murdoch attacks before the bell and takes the early momentum and goes right after the injured ribs of the Bullet.  Armstrong begins to make a comeback but Wright jumps up on the apron.  As the ref goes to admonish Wright, the Tennessee Stud rushes to the ring on the opposite side.  We can see him loading up the Brass Knuckles as Murdoch grabs Armstrong.

The crowd explodes as JYD is in a full sprint and slides under the bottom rope.  As Fuller winds up, JYD comes up from behind Murdoch and quickly kicks him from behind with a low blow.  Murdoch let’s go of Armstrong who slips to the side. 

Wham! 

Fuller clocks Murdoch with the Brass Knuckles and he is out! 

JYD headbutts Fuller through the middle rope and rushes after him as Armstrong covers Murdoch just as Wright jumps down from the apron.  The ref turns and sees Armstrong on top of Murdoch and makes the three count, Wright is stunned as he thought it was Murdoch covering Armstrong.  Fuller is beside himself as now he knows he must face the music at the Bash!

Another action packed show as the UWF heads towards the Great American Bash. Nikita wins the big showdown with Baba but now has to deal with a fired up Magnum TA. Tim Horner is impressing on TV. Haku continues to dominate and I'm looking forward to his match with the Superstar. What a way to end the show. Bullet Bob finally gets his match with Fuller and JYD is going to clash with Murdoch. The Bash is heating up!

HIYxdeH.jpg?4

6/28/1986

RIVERSIDE CENTROPLEX

BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA

(HOUR #2)

The 1st Qualifier for the UWF 4 Corner Title Match at the Bash

Exotic Adrian Street & Adorable Adrian Adonis with Miss. Linda vs The Midnight Express

Jim Ross reminds us that the winner of the match will be entered into the 4 Corner Match for the vacant UWF Tag Titles since the Road Warriors were stripped of that title last week for not competing in the UWF in 30 days due to World Title commitments.  As for the match, this one is as even as it gets.   The fan favorites take the early momentum but after an eye gouge by Condrey on Street, we see the Midnight Express get their time wrestling from the top. 

As we head to the 10 minute time limit, Adonis locks in the Good Night Irene and Cornette sees his chance at the UWF title slipping away. Eaton rushes in but the ref forces him back out but this allowed Cornette the chance to rush in and clobber Adonis with the tennis racket.  Exotic Adrian was furious and took off after Cornette who was running circles around the ring.  Miss Linda was waiting and sprayed perfume into his eyes and Cornette crumbled to the ground.  Unfortunately when this was going on, Condrey tagged in Eaton who climbed to the top rope and connected with the Alabama Jammer for the win! 

COMMERCIAL

The 2nd Qualifier for the UWF 4 Corner Title Match at the Bash

The Long Riders vs Brad Armstrong & Jeff Jarrett

The Long Riders have struggled a bit of late and this is no different as them seem to be looking over their back.  In this one, their fear seemed to be confirmed as Street and Adonis wondered out with make-up bags.  This seemed to be a reminder of last week as the tough and rugged cowboys left the arena looking like they were in clown face.  This distraction was enough for JJ to hit Black Bart with the Inverted Russian Legsweep. 

Jim Ross hyped up this win as it put Armstrong and JJ into the 4 Corners tag match for the UWF titles at the Bash 

The 3rd Qualifier for the UWF 4 Corner Title Match at the Bash 

Doom vs Big Bubba Ottman & Grizzly Boone with Ron Wright

A bad night for Ron Wright just got worse!  Ottman and Boone might have a lot of mass but that was all they had here.  Doom combined such power and speed that Wright’s Army couldn’t get out of their own way.  In the end, Simmons and Reed hit a double flying shoulder smash on Ottman for the pin. 

COMMERCIAL

4th Qualifier for the UWF 4 Corner Title Match at the Bash 

Devastation Inc (Dr. Death & The Barbarian) with Skandar Akbar vs Ole Anderson & Giant Baba

A true main event for TV here and we end up with Devastation Inc. trying to turn this into a brawl while Anderson and Baba tried to zap them of their power by working a lot of joint holds.  Anderson really hoped to keep the Barbarian from flying with his top rope shoulder block by taking out his legs. Baba used a lot of leverage holds on Dr. Death trying to take away his ability to hit the big power moves.  In the end, Dr. Death was able to hit the Oklahoma Stampede on Ole Anderson for a surprising clean victory. 

After Jim Ross finishes hyping up the 4 winners tonight in the tag qualifiers; Cowboy Bill Watts takes over the show. 

Cowboy Bill Watts:  As much as I hate to do this, the UWF Board of Directors has asked me to call out Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt 

Cowboy Bill Watts:  Nothing in my mind has changed.  You two disgust me!  I mean I have zero respect for either of you.

Missy Hyatt could care less as she is fileling her nails and Eddie Gilber has the biggest smirk across his face.

Cowboy Bill Watts:  Last week, Lex Luger signed a contract for a match against you at the Great American Bash for the Southern Title.

Eddie Gilbert:  Of course he did.  I mean our plan has worked to perfection.  Insult the big muscle head and give a few Hotshots to his girl and you could make him do whatever you wanted.  Now I have him where I want him.  And I can’t wait to next week on this show when you have to call me Champ!

Cowboy Bill Watts:  Well for now, I will just call you chump.  And chump, I am confused.  You wanted a title match and Luger signed the contract last week but you have yet to sign it? 

Missy Hyatt:  Let’s just say Eddie and I were occupied in one of my father’s hundreds of Hyatt International Hotels.

Cowboy Bill Watts:  And again, more class from Missy Hyatt.  Eddie, this show ends in less then a minute.  If you don’t sign the contract, you will not have a title match at the Great American Bash.

Eddie Gilbert:  There is a lot of things I can do in a minute!  Give me the contract

Watts gives him the contract and a pen and Eddie, with a grin on his face, signs the contract.

Cowboy Bill Watts:  I guess there are a lot of things you can do in a minute… but reading isn’t one of them.

Eddie Gilbert:  What are you talking about?

Cowboy Bill Watts:  I can tell by your reaction that you never read the contract.  It says right here that your match will have a Special Guest Referee!

Eddie Gilbert:  What are you talking about?

Cowboy Bill Watts:  Look, it says right here that the referee will be the last person you and Missy screwed over.  That’s right… the referee will be Tommy “Wildfire” Rich!

As the crowd goes wild, Gilbert and Hyatt are fuming.

Cowboy Bill Watts:  Oh and that is not all the contract said.  If Eddie Gilbert doesn’t win, Missy Hyatt MUST LEAVE THE UWF!

Eddie Gilbert:  This is unfair.  This is a set up!

Cowboy Bill Watts:  What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

The show fades to black and then we see a big promo for the Bash.

July 4th

Superdome

New Orleans, Louisiana  

Exotic Adrian Street & Adorable Adrian Adonis with Miss. Linda vs The Long Riders (Ron Bass & Black Bart) 

Honkey Tonk Man vs Kendall Windham 

Dick Murdoch with Ron Wright vs JYD 

Leather Strap Match

The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller with Ron Wright vs Bob Armstrong

UWF Southern Title Match

Special Referee:  Tommy “Wildfire” Rich

Lex Luger with Baby Doll vs Eddie Gilbert & Missy Hyatt

NWA National Tag Team Title Match

The Rock n Roll Express vs The Hollywood Blondes (Buddy Landell & John Tatum) with Johnny Valiant

UWF Continental Title Match

Dick Slater with Jim Cornette vs Terry Taylor

UWF Tag Team Title Match

4 Corner Match

Jeff Jarrett & Brad Armstrong vs The Midnight Express vs Doom vs Devastation Inc

NWA World Title Match

Nikita Koloff vs Magnum T.A.

Wow! Your Great American Bash card is stacked! The qualifying tag matches were a lot of fun. Hard to pick a winner but I'll go with Doom. The ending was great and what a couple of blockbuster announcements from Watts. Hot Stuff could be in serious trouble here with Tommy Rich as referee. Missy Hyatt might be packing. However, Gilbert always seems to have something up his sleeve. July 4th cant come soon enough. 

Fantastic finish to the Baton Rouge show. Finally, Hotstuff Eddie Gilbert gets a piece of his own medicine!

And I agree with spaldoni that your Bash card is stacked! Jeff Jarrett & Brad Armstrong are definitely the underdogs in the UWF Tag Team title match!

That July 4th card definitely goes toe-to-toe with the WWF showdown at Shea card. I have a feeling that Magnum has got a legit shot against Nikita with the belly-to-belly but the Russian nightmare has been running wild all over the world so who knows. A couple of fun gimmick matches to help round out a pretty fantastic event. I think you've got a pretty good group right now with your talent and this should be a turning point to see if they do UWF can carry the load for the NWA.

I hate getting this behind.....

Akbar getting the Roadies stripped of one set of titles is big.  Graham with a big win that goes south.  The Russian angle is so well done.  Magnum taking apart one of the Assassins in ten seconds is awesome.  And Nikita answering.

Super fucking Watts-ian promo with Bill and Magnum.  Great job and I loved using Ivan's own boasts against him as a bonus.  "ornerier than a rattlesnake sunning himself on a cactus."  Awesome stuff from JR.  Big match for the 4th between Murdoch and JYD.  Again, very Watts.  I liked the crazy finish of the Armstrong/Murdoch match.  

Loved Corny getting sprayed in the face while providing the distraction.  So very Cornette. :)  Street and Adonis messing with the Long Riders is fun and would get them over in spite of the gimmick.  Big win for Doom, a team I wish had been around much longer.  Devastation getting the clean win is a nice bit of bait-and-switch booking.  Oh man, did Watts ever get Eddie Gilbert.  Bash is already going to be one Hell of a show and we have one week of build left!

Z1oajlY.jpg?2

LOUISIANA SUPERDOME

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

JULY 4, 1986

Welcome everyone to the Great American Bash from the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana.  I am Jim Ross along with my partner Cowboy Bill Watts and this is the one we have all been waiting for.    

Bill Watts:  That’s right Jim.  This wrestling spectacular has it all.  Title matches, grudge matches, a Loser Leave Town Match and the big one, the NWA World Title Match between Nikita Koloff and Magnum T.A.

Jim Ross:  We have such a busy night with 9 huge matches so let’s get to the ring.

Loser Leave Town Match:  Exotic Adrian Street & Adorable Adrian Adonis with Miss Linda vs Cowboy Ron Bass & Black Bart

A big part of the spectacle of this match was the entrance of both teams.  The Exotic Ones strutted out with Miss. Linda spraying the perfume all over the place while the Long Riders came out in their cowboy gear but they were also dragging a big vat of pig slop!  From the very beginning we knew this was going to be a wild one.  After a few wild momentum changes we see Adorable Adrian Adonis catch Black Bart in the Sleeper and it looks like the end for the cowboys but Ron Bass makes the save and we go Bonzo Gonzo for a few minutes.  This is where the ref lost control and Ron Bass clobbered Street with the branding iron for the 1…2…3.  

As Adonis goes over to see how Exotic Adrian Street is doing.

WHAM!

Adonis clobbers Street with a huge right hand and then slaps on the Good Night Irene.  When Street is completely out, Adonis drags the Exotic One out of the ring and dumps him in the big vat of pig slop.  He then turns to Miss. Linda and proceeds to dump her right on top of Street.  As the Long Riders are having a good laugh at all of this the microphone picks up Adrian Adonis’ comments.

Adrian Adonis:  If I have to listen to Exotic Adrian say that imitation is the biggest form of flattery one more time, he is going back to England in something much worse than pig slop.  I am nothing like him… I don’t lose.

Jim Ross:  Well, I must admit that I will miss seeing the show of Exotic Adrian Street and Adorable Adonis but it looks like their time as a tag team has ended just like their stint in the UWF. 

Honky Tonk Man vs Kendall Windham

The crowd is furious from the get go Honky Tonk Man is coming to the ring hollering about how once again, Jerry Lawler is a cowardly no-show.  Kendall gives it his all but Honky Tonk is firing every dirty trick he knows.  After about the third blatant smash with a foreign object, HTM caught Windham with the Shake Rattle & Roll for the win.  HTM rushes out of the ring and gets his guitar and comes back after Windham.  It looks like HTM is about to crack Windham like he had done just a few weeks ago.

All of a sudden, the crowd explodes as Jerry Lawler rushes to the ring.

Jim Ross:  Aw bah Gawd… It’s Jerry “the King” Lawler.  Folks business is about to pick up.  Lawler is about to get even for everything HTM said over the past month.

Lawler comes up from behind HTM and rips the guitar out of his hand.  HTM  acts like he has seen a ghost and back peddles to the corner. Lawler follows him and winds up with the guitar!

CRACK!

Lawler slams the guitar into HTM’s head and it breaks into a thousand pieces.  The crowd explodes as Lawler simply turns around and walks out of the Superdome.

Dick Murdoch with Ron Wright vs Junkyard Dog

A match where we see two old tag team partners showing some real hatred for one another. At the root of the problem is  Ron Wright who has brought his brand of evil to the UWF where he is spewing nonsense about the Unchristians being at the root of wrestling’s evil.  Murdoch has bought into this while JYD just sees this as being pure hatred to anyone who is not like Ron Wright.  The Dog had enough of Murdoch and Wright’s feelings of superiority and has returned from Texas to help the Armstrong’s in their battle against Wright’s Army.

Revenge was hard-coming in this one as Murdoch is like a bull in a china closet but JYD has no fear of mixing it up.  As Jim Ross said, this one was a real slobberknocker that saw JYD survive a good ol’ fashion beating to somehow connect with his Big Thump for the win.  Both men left this one a bloody mess and you can tell that the war between Wright’s men and the do-gooders of the UWF is far from over.

Leather Strap Match:  Ron Fuller “The Tennessee Stud” with Ron Wright vs “The Bullet” Bob Armstrong

The rules are simple and few here is this one.  Fuller and Armstrong are tied together by a leather strap and to win you have to drag your opponent to all 4 corners of the ring.  Stud and Armstrong just beat the heck out of each other in this one and to the delight of the crowd, the Bullet seems to be getting the best of the Stud until all of a sudden the Long Riders appear and enter the ring and really go to town on Armstrong.  In fact, at one point they tossed him over the top rope and were literally hanging the Bullet by the leather strap.  The ref was powerless here in this no DQ match.  Once they dragged Armstrong back into the ring, it was easy pickens for the Stud as he simply dragged him around to the 4 corners and claimed victory.  After the match, the Stud embraced the Long Riders (Bass & Bart) as Jim Ross wonders what devilish deeds Ron Wright has just done now!

UWF Southern Title Match:  Lex Luger with Baby Doll vs “Hot Stuff” Eddie Gilbert with Missy Hyatt with Tommy Rich as the Special Guest Referee

This is the battle of opposites here.  Gilbert is sneaky but has some wrestling skill while Luger is full speed ahead with pure power.  Baby Doll does a nice job of neutralizing Missy as she does not dare get involved or suffer the wrath of the one some have called Andrea the Giant.  Gilbert is having difficulty getting anything going, as any time he decides to use some dirty tactics, Tommy Rich puts him is his place.

Jim Ross:  Revenge is a dish better served cold.  Missy Hyatt and Eddie Gilbert’s dastardly deeds saw Hyatt clobbered Rich with a loaded purse causing Rich to lose a Loser-Leave Town Match to Gilbert at the Memorial Day Bash but it seems like Cowboy Bill Watts has turned the tide on Gilbert here tonight.  He has given Wildfire a one night referee license and if Gilbert doesn’t win, Missy Hyatt will be forced out of the UWF.

Eventually, Gilbert’s luck runs out as Luger catches him in the Torture Rack.  Missy decides that it is now or never and jumps up on the apron with the purse poised to hit Luger.  Baby Doll is in hot pursuit to protect her man!  Tommy Rich is able to intervene before Missy hits her target and he rips the purse from her hands.  Rich now has the bag and looks at everyone involved… and turns toward Luger and Baby Doll.

Jim Ross:  Oh no!  What has that jezebel Missy Hyatt done.  Has she used her Daddy’s money from his chain of hotels to pay off Tommy Rich?  Tommy Rich hands over the bag to …

WHAM!

Jim Ross:  Oh thank Gawd!  There is justice in the world.  Tommy Rich has given the loaded purse to Baby Doll as she has knocked Missy Hyatt into next week!

Wildfire now turns his attention back to Gilbert who is still stuck in the Torture Rack.  Gilbert begins to frantically wave his arms and he has no choice but to submit!

Jim Ross:  Lex Luger is still the UWF Southern Champion and Missy Hyatt has to take her loaded purse and loaded top out of the UWF.  I wonder what will Eddie Gilbert do? 

NWA National Tag Team Title Match:  Th Rock n Roll Express vs The Hollywood Blondes (Landell & Tatum) with Luscious Johnny Valiant

A match where everybody does their job well.  The Hollywood Blondes and Luscious Johnny bring some serious heat on their way to the ring as the antagonize each and every fan while the Rock n Roll Express get the fans dancing in the aisles as they pomp everyone up with their entrance.  Tatum does a nice job of playing the cowardly heel as Gibson does a nice job of not caring about Tatum’s feelings and really gives it to him.  Luscious Johnny is dastardly here and gives the Blondes the advantage and Landell shows he is the real talent of the Blondes.  Landell and Tatum use Morton for what he does best which is to play the face in peril.

Morton makes his comeback and tags in Gibson and we go bonzo-gonzo with all 4 men in the ring and the Rock n Roll Express connect with the double dropkick on Tatum and they successfully defend their title.  A script that has been done over and over again but the fans love it so we keep using it!

UWF CONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: “Dirty” Dick Slater with Jim Cornette vs Terry Taylor

Cornette comes out riding on his high horse as he grabs the microphone to introduce his Continental Champ which really brings the heat down on Slater and makes Taylor even more popular then ever in a place where he is basically King.  Taylor starts quick but this one has a lot of momentum changes.  Slater is not only dirty but he is as tough as they come.  He was often willing to take a blow here to get in one of his own.  In the end, Slater seems to have Taylor right where he wants him as he connected with three left handed jabs and he hit the ropes for a clothesline!

Wham!

Terry Taylor ducked under the clothesline and hit the ropes himself connecting with a big flying forearm.  A quick pin and it was over.  Jim Cornette was in shock as it happened so quickly.  As Terry Taylor was handed the belt, Jim Ross was hyping up the fact that we had a new UWF Continental Champ.

UWF TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:  Brad Armstrong & Jeff Jarrett vs Doom vs the Midnight Express with Jim Cornette vs Devastation Inc. with Skandar Akbar

The rules here are simply.  Tag whoever you want and whichever team gains the victory by pin or submission is the new UWF Tag team champions.  It sounded simple enough but it became apparent early that no matter how much damage you inflicted on any of the teams, there was always someone ready to jump in a make the save.  The only way this was going to end was in a moment of chaos and chaos it was!  Ron Simmons had just hit a monster football tackle on Brad Armstrong but he knew that if he went for the cover, someone would just come in and break it up so instead he goes over to the Barbarian and starts mocking him. 

Dr. Death simply tags Ron Simmons and enters the ring as the new legal man.  Simmons stunned and with nothing else to do is now in an all-out brawl with the Barbarian.   Dr. Death rushes over and hits Jeff Jarrett with a huge shot to prevent him from making a save as he goes for the pin on Armstrong who is still hurt. 

Wham!

Beautiful Bobby Eaton breaks this one up with an Alabama Jammer to the back of Dr. Death’s head.  Now everyone just decides it is time to brawl and we got the chaos we needed to find a winner.  Bobby sees that both Dr. Death and Armstrong, the two legal men in the ring, are hurt so he decides to drag Armstrong over to his corner where Condrey reaches down and tags himself in.   

Condrey goes for the pin on Dr. Death…

Wham…

Reed comes off the top rope with a spear to the ribs and Condrey’s tag attempt has been broken up.

Wham…

Armstrong is back and hit a Russian Leg Sweep on the Reed.

Wham

Dr. Death has recovered enough and Press Slammed Armstrong right over the top rope but somehow, Jarrett was able to reach over and touch Dr. Death’s shoulder and become the legal man.  The only person who saw this was the referee as Dr. Death had no idea what had happened. 

Dr. Death goes over and covers Condrey who is still shaken up from Reed’s blow. 

Cornette jumps up on the apron waving the tennis racket to break up the pin and the ref falls for it and is over yelling at Cornette. 

1…2…3.

Jim Ross:  Wait a minute, Dr. Death has just pinned Condrey for the 3 count but the person who made the three count was …. Jeff Jarrett?  What is going on here?

Jarrett had just completely tricked Dr. Death and now Williams is jumping around the ring thinking he and the Barbarian are the new champs. 

As Condrey staggers to his feet thinking he had just been pinned…

Wham

An inverted Russian Leg Sweep by Jarrett on Condrey and now another cover!

1…2…3.

Jeff Jarrett has just pinned Dennis Condrey and Jarrett and Armstrong are the new UWF Tag Team Champions.

After the match is over, Devastation Inc. is the last team in the ring as Akbar is screaming at Dr. Death about how stupid could he be to be outsmarted by a kid!  After this goes on for a minute or two, Akbar pushes Williams.  Williams shows some restraint but you can tell his patience is wearing thin.

Smack!

Akbar smacks Dr. Death across the face!

Dr. Death cannot take it any longer and shoves Akbar to the ground!

The fans go wild but it is short lived as Haku rushed to the ring and now we have the brawl but the numbers game begins to get to Williams as it is the Barbarian and Haku in a 2-1 attack.  Rushing back out to the ring are Ron Simmons and Hacksaw Reed and they give it pretty good to Akbar’s crew.  In the end we see a handshake from Doom and Dr. Death as the crowd is loving this alliance of former football players! 

WORLD TITLE MATCH:  Nikita Koloff vs Magnum T.A.

This is the one everybody has been waiting for.  The two biggest names in the UWF go head to head for the belt.  Jim Ross notes that this task is going to be monumental for T.A. as Nikita is accompanied to the ring by Uncle Ivan.  In the first few minutes of the match, both wrestlers go for their finishers but do not connect as T.A. ducked under the Russian Sickle and Nikita grabbed the ropes on an Irish Whip by T.A. who was setting up the Belly to Belly.  Uncle Ivan gets involved with a trip and Nikita now gets a few minutes on top but he was never able to hit the big one.  With the crowd really behind him, T.A. makes the come back and gains the momentum.  After an atomic drop, Magnum connects with the Belly to Belly Suplex but before the ref can make the three count Ivan jumps up on the apron and the ref goes to warn him to get down. 

Jim Ross:  Ah bawh Gawd, what’s this?

As the ref was admonishing Ivan, the Russian Assassin rushed to the ring and climbed to the top rope and came flying off with a knee drop right to the back of T.A.’s head and then he dragged Nikita on top of Magnum.  The ref turned around just after the Assassin rolled out of the ring.  The ref was unsure what just happened but shrugged his shoulders and completed the three-count as Nikita defeated Magnum T.A. 

Nikita, Ivan and the Russian Assassin celebrate the win as T.A. gets to one knee and tries to clear the cobwebs from his head.  As the evil trio begins to make their way from the ring, T.A. reaches out with a swipe at the Assassin and actually rips off his mask. 

Jim Ross:  I can’t believe what I have just seen… the Russian Assassin is … Ole Anderson!

Man, that was awesome! This card had it all. Twists, turns, swerves, title changes, excitement and drama. 

I thought for sure Street and Adonis were going to go over. Adonis sure left his mark in the UWF with that post match attack on Street and Linda.

Lawler returns! Ross on commentary really made that a big moment. Lawler gives the fans what they were dying to see and bashes the guitar over HTM's head.

JYD returns to the Superdome and gets a hard fought victory over Dick Murdoch. I know the fans popped huge for that. 

Leather strap match was a wild one. Bullet Bob is going to need an army now that the Long Riders have aligned with Fuller and Wright.

The Luger/Gilbert match was filled with suspense. Missy and Baby Doll really added to this feud and played their parts so well in this match. That moment where Rich held that loaded purse had me going for a second. Great blow off here.

Fun National Tag Title match. The Blondes were solid challengers but RnR get their textbook win. You're right, their formula works so well here. 

I really liked the Slater/Taylor match. Cornette adds so much just with his presence. Feel good ending with Taylor winning the Continental title. Taylor can really shine here in the UWF.

The 4 corners UWF tag title match was non stop action. I didn't know who was going to come out champs. The finish was fantastic with the underdogs taking home the titles. The excitement continues as Dr. Death has enough of Akbar. Dr. Death and Doom feuding with Devastation Inc will be one crazy hard hitting feud. 

The main event lived up to all the hype. Magnum has the title within his grasp until interference costs him the title. What a swerve to end the show as Ole Anderson is revealed as the Russian Assassin!!! Cant wait to see the follow up on this.

Every match delivered and a lot of storylines were set up. I would say the UWF's Great American Bash was a tremendous success!  

Holy crap, what an awesome rollercoaster ride this was.

Many upsets and shocking turn of events. Looks like Ole Anderson couldn't be trusted after all!

Finally, we get Jerry Lawler and Honky Tonk Man confronting each other!

Now, I'm curious to know what Eddie Gilbert will do without Missy Hyatt. That cannot mean good news for anyone in the UWF!

The UWF Tag Team Championship would easily win the award for the Best Creative Finish of the Year if we had an award show.

Overall, a resounding success! Job very well done!

Adonis turning on Street after the loss was a nice touch.  His reasons make a lot of sense too.  Lawler busting HTM over the head with the guitar was a great way to pay off that build.  JYD with a big win over Murdoch, I wonder if he'll be back to help in that fight.  Wright and the Long Riders seems like it should work.  Poor Bullet Bob keeps getting the odds stacked way, way against him.  I liked the moment of doubt about Rich before he handed the purse to Baby Doll a lot.  RnRs match was done right.  No need to mess with success.  Taylor as the new champ is a great choice.  He's been on a tear in the NWA of late and deservedly so.  Whoa!  Fun ending to the tag titles match.  Dr. Death on the wrong side of a Barb/Haku beating is a nice way to turn him face.  Didn't see it coming at all though.  Jarrett and Armstrong as champs should be a fun run as well.  Ole as the Russian Assassin is perfect.  That sneaky old bastard.  Magnum TA will have to wait a while for another shot if Ivan and Ole have any say about it.

Awesome show that lives up to the hype and sets some things up as well.

Great show with everything you can ask for in a big event!

I think the Adonis/Street finish really threw everyone off as I don't think hardly anyone thought they would be leaving, great twist with Adonis turning post match.

I like the finish in the Armstrong/Jarrett with Jarrett making the count fooling Dr. Death....Williams will make for a great babyface here!

Big win for JYD to bring him back in hot after his hiatus to Texas.

I'm sure Lawler busting the guitar over HTM got a huge pop....Honky will have to do something big to the King to get his heat back after Lawler seemingly gave them the big payoff in their first confrontation.

I like Taylor winning the title, he's a great fit here in the UWF.

That moment of hesitation with Rich made this whole angle for me...because of Rich's track record no one would have been shocked if he turned but I can imagine the fans sigh of relief when he didn't....very well executed!

Speaking of well executed, I absolutely LOVED Ole being revealed as the Russian Assassin....Ole is one of those guys as a fan you just don't want to buy him as a babyface because you know better but he's so good at promos you eventually start to get sucked in then BAM, he turns and you kick yourself for falling for it....very well done and he should have some very heated matches with Magnum throughout the summer.

I really liked that Jarrett angle with Dr. Death. Good stuff there. I agree with others that JYD has become a true force here at a time in the real world that he was a big time babyface in the WWF but definitely losing his spot due to gaining his shape. Great reveal with Ole... I believe we had an angle here early on in the game with Greg Valentine being a russian that rivaled this. I like the role that the UWF takes in the NWA and with the second half of the year in front of us... Magnum TA has got some high hopes and tall mountains to climb in Mother Russia to get that tile! 

HIYxdeH.jpg?4

7/10/1986

BAY CENTER

PENSACOLA, FLORIDA

(HOUR #1) 

Hello everybody.  Welcome to UWF Wrestling. We are coming to you from the Bay Center in Pensacola, Florida.  I am Jim Ross and my partner today is wrestling legend Jack Brisco.   

Jack Brisco:  Well thanks for having me Jim.  It is great to be around the wrestling game again. I gave my life to this sport and now it is great to see all the talent the UWF has to offer on full display here in what is now my home state of Florida.   

Jim Ross:  Well before we get to tonight’s action, I would love to hear your thoughts on the Great American Bash from the Superdome on July 4th. 

Jack Brisco:  Wow, that event was truly awesome.  We saw a loser-leave town match, the return of Jerry “the King” Lawler, Dr. Death Steve Williams turn on Skandar Akbar and then the shocker of the night Ole Anderson! 

Jim Ross:  For those who missed the Bash, here is the video of what Jack is talking about! 

After an atomic drop, Magnum connects with the Belly to Belly Suplex but before the ref can make the three count Ivan jumps up on the apron and the ref goes to warn him to get down.  As the ref was admonishing Ivan, the Red Assassin rushed to the ring and climbed to the top rope and came flying off with a knee drop right to the back of T.A.’s head and then he dragged Nikita on top of Magnum.  The ref turned around just after the Assassin rolled out of the ring.  The ref was unsure what just happened but shrugged his shoulders and completed the three count as Nikita defeated Magnum.  Nikita, Ivan and the Red Assassin celebrate the win as T.A. gets to one knee and tries to clear the cobwebs from his head.  As the evil trio begins to make their way from the ring, T.A. reaches out with a swipe at the Assassin and actually rips off his mask and it is OLE ANDERSON. 

When the video is over we see Ivan & Nikita Koloff with Ole Anderson 

Jim Ross:  Ole, I am sorry but that is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen. 

Ole Anderson:  Jim Ross; why don’t you just give me two seconds to talk… you are always runnin your mouth even though you have no idea of what is going on.  I have heard you many times talking about how a leopard doesn’t change his spots and guess what Jim Ross… that is the first thing you ever got right.  A leopard doesn’t change his spots.  Magnum T.A. himself said it could never be over when he was referring to his feud with the greatest organization wrestling has ever had to offer.  I am talking about the Four Horseman.  And while Ric Flair, Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard have left for that Northern Swamp, I have stayed to finish the war that Magnum T.A. started.  I went of my mind being in T.A’s corner waiting for the day when I could screw him offer and that day finally came.  At the Great American Bash … I, Ole Anderson prevented that do-gooder from capturing what is near and dear to every wrestler’s heart… the World Title.  When I came off the top rope with that knee drop to Magnum’s skull… I was thinking to myself that T.A. said this will never be over and by golly it won’t be!  The only person who has been 100% true to me over the years is the Russian Bear Ivan Koloff and now it is time for me to repay some of what he has given me over the years! 

Jim Ross:  Mr. Anderson… all I can say is I don’t understand you… an American siding with the likes of the Koloffs. 

Ivan Koloff:  It is not for you to understand.  You simply can’t understand.  You have been hearing that American propaganda for years and you are not smart enough to tell what is true or what your government wants you to believe.  Ole Anderson, the one smart American I know, gets it and now Magnum T.A., you are going to have to come through all three of us to ever be World Champion.  I guess what I am saying is that you will never have the belt you truly want.  The Russian Nightmare is champ now and there is nothing you can do about it.

Nikita Koloff gives one of his big flexes as he the Russians and Ole head off.  Jim Ross, simply shakes his head in disgust as we head to our first match. 

Match:  Killer Tim Brooks defeats Steve Gatorwolf  when he followed up an eye rake with a low blow  

Jack Brisco is somewhat accepting of the tactics by Brooks as he says that when you are short on talent, you must use every trick in the book.  

COMMERCIAL 

Match:  Buddy Landell defeats Buck Zumhoff  when Landell used the ropes for leverage with the Figure 4 on Gatorwolf.  

As Landell heads over to the interview desk he is full of arrogance like he invented wrestling and this turns Jack Brisco off.

Jack Brisco:  You should actually win something before you act like that.

Buddy Landell:  Hey old man, did you not just see that last match.  I just won no more than 2  minutes ago. 

Jack Brisco:  You are far too talented to be bragging about a win over Buck Zumhoff!  I mean you two aren’t even in the same weight class. 

Buddy Landell:  You are just jealous because I am the Nature Boy and you are too old to get in the ring!

Jack Brisco:  Now you got that all wrong.  I am not jealous of anything you have done.  I am the two-time NWA World Champion and the 3 time NWA World Tag Team Champion!  I think the last title you held was in 1983… the Mid-American Championship or some other small local title!  And another thing… you have a long way to go before you are the Nature Boy… Ric Flair has earned that name and has the ability to be … how does he say it… stylin and profilin!

Buddy Landell:  Again… you just talk a good game old man.  Did you see that man in the ring screaming in pain from my Figure 4… I believe that is the same move you used?

Jack Brisco:  Yes but I did not need to hang on the ropes to get my opponents to submit.  I mean your close, but you got the angle all wrong when you apply your Figure 4.  It is not like mine or the real Nature Boy, Ric Flair’s.  You are a great talent but need some guidance and not from the likes of Johnny Valiant.  I just wish you would reach your potential and go for it instead of allowing these cling-ons like Rip Rogers and Johnny Tatum to keep holding you down.

Buddy Landell:  You bettered watch your mouth!  The Hollywood Blondes are one of the top ranked teams in all the NWA… we were just given a title shot at the Great American Bash against the Rock n Roll Express for the NWA National Belts!

Jack Brisco:  And you lost… and you want to know why?  Because of your teammates!  You keep getting all these loud mouth partners with little talent.  If you had not been sold a bill of goods by Johnny Valiant about how he was going to lead you to gold… you might actually have some by now!

Landell can’t take the insults any longer and swings at Brisco who calmly blocks it and then connects with a right hand of his own that sends Landell to the ground.  Brisco takes his sports jacket off and walks over to “the Nature Boy” and wraps him in the Figure 4.  Buddy is instantly screaming in agony and after about 30 seconds, Brisco releases the hold and tells Landell that that is how it is done!

Jack Brisco:  I am sorry Mr. Ross for loosing my composure but I couldn’t stand their and let this nobody insult my pride.   

COMMERCIAL 

Match:  Sean Royal defeats Mike George with a Top Rope Diving Knee Drop 

Both Jim Ross and Jack Brisco are excited here for this youngster who just got his first win in the UWF! 

Match:  Kendall Windham & Mike Rotundo defeat Billy the Kid & Larry Cheatem after a Bulldog by Windham on Cheatem 

Windham and Rotundo came out to Bruce Springsteen’s “Born in the USA” and after the match Rotundo takes the lead at the interview desk where he says that he and Kendall’s brother, Barry, had a great tag team down here in Florida known as the US Express and now he has joined with Kendall to bring that team back.

Jack Brisco speaks fondly of that team and says what he has seen in only a short time here in the UWF that a US Express is needed around here to deal with the likes of the Russians, Skandar Akbar and Ron Wright! 

At the interview desk, Akbar is back out and he is fuming.  He is now completely focused on one thing… getting rid of Dr. Death Steve Williams forever.     

COMMERCIAL

Match:  The Devil’s Duo defeats Memphis Vice as Jeff Sword and Doug Vines hit a Double Clothesline on Bryant

Devil’s Duo did everything they could to antagonize the fans on their way to the ring, during the match and after their victory.  At the interview desk, both Vines and Sword say they are here because they were getting sick and tired of winning so easily in the MACW and that they are here for the National Tag team titles!  This did nothing to endear them to the fans as the boos just got louder. 

Next, we see Skandar Akbar heads to the interview desk.

“Nobody and I mean nobody puts their hands on me and lives to tell about it.  Dr. Death, you cost Devastation Inc. the UWF Tag Titles at the Great American Bash and then had the nerve to shove me … your general to the ground.  Don’t worry… the monster Haku has been given his next orders.  Rid professional wrestling of Dr. Death Steve Williams and to carry out that task in a way that causes the most pain humanly possible.  Devastation Inc. tried to handle this situation at the Bash.  Steve Williams knew the rules and we were carrying out or punishment on Williams when Ron Simmons and Hacksaw Reed come and stick their noses where they don’t belong.  Well don’t worry Boom or Doom or whatever you two call yourselves… the Barbarian and the Warlord are coming for you and soon you will be unable to eat solid food.”   

Match:  Haku with Skandar Akbar destroys Tyree Pride with the Tongan Death Grip 

The problem here was that Haku was out to prove a point and refused to release the Tongan Death Grip after the ref called for the bell.  In fact, he left it on so long that Pride passed out.  Akbar implored Haku to keep punishing Pride who seemed in danger of suffering a serious injury.  The crowd explodes as Dr. Death Steve Williams hits the ring and the brawl is on.  This is as good as it gets as these two have some unfinished business.  For once, Akbar doesn’t call out the rest of Devastation Inc. and this one goes on for awhile until the locker room empties and the two are separated.  

COMMERCIAL 

Long Riders (Ron Bass & Black Bart) with Ron Wright defeat Tom Stone & Frank Dalton as Bart hit the Texas Leg Drop on Stone

At the interview desk, Jim Ross wants to know what gives about the Long Riders joining Ron Wright’s Army in the middle of the Great American Bash and attacking Bullet Bob Armstrong in his Leather Strap Match with the Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller.

Ron Wright:  Well Jim Ross, I will give you that it was a sort of locker room deal when I signed the Long Riders but I have no idea what you are talking about them interfering in the win by Ron Fuller over Bob Armstrong.  I had watched enough of Bubba Ottman and Grizzly Boone failing to get the job done in getting rid of those unchristians and after watching Ron Bass and Black Bart send those freaks Exotic Adrian Street and Adorable Adrian Adonis out of the UWF forever… I knew they had a home in my Army!  Next order of business, get those UWF tag belts away from Brad Armstrong and Jeff Jarrett… two of the most unchristian people I have ever met. 

Jack Brisco:  I hate to call you out but how about we take a look at the video of these two goons from Texas sticking their noses into a place it don’t belong.  Reminds me of some other Texas scum who my and my brother enjoyed whooping all over the country… Terry and Dory Funk Jr. 

Ron Wright:  Sorry Jack, no time for watching videos, we have some planning to do on how to make the UWF a better place for the good people! 

Wright and the Long Riders run off but the video from the Bash is shown anyway.

Solid promo from Ole to start the show. I also love the dynamics between JR & Jack Brisco together. A bit of a shame that Jack is retired because I'd have loved to see him knock Buddy Landell around a bit. Looking forward to Haku vs Dr. Death down the road. Gonna be heavy-hitting and brutal!

Good explanation from Ole for his actions at the Bash, I could literally hear him saying it as I read it.

Fun stuff with Jack Brisco as the co-host.

Akbar going to war with Dr. Death should be interesting to watch for sure!

I really like the duo of Kendall Windham and Mike Rotundo, I could see them having a great feud with the Midnight Express at some point.

Welcome back Jack! Jack is the perfect commentator for the UWF and Buddy Landell found out Jack still has some fight left in him as well. Ole explains his actions and looks like Magnum has an uphill battle here. Fun seeing Sean Royal debut here. Good young talent. Liked seeing Killer Brooks get a win. Rotunda and Kendall make a solid team. Kendall will benefit from Rotunda's experience. I enjoyed seeing the Devil's Duo pop up here. I really think they're an underrated team. Haku and Dr. Death going toe to toe was a highlight. Long Riders are a great fit with Wright. I can see them being a serious threat to Jarrett and Armstrong.

HIYxdeH.jpg?4

7/10/1986

BAY CENTER

PENSACOLA, FLORIDA

(HOUR #2) 

The second hour begins with a shock, as we here that awful chant, We Are… The Nation… of Domination, and Ernie Ladd struts out. 

Jim Ross:  Well Mr. Ladd, I have no idea what you are doing back in the UWF.  You lost a match over a year ago to Hacksaw Butch Reed forcing you into retirement and then a few months ago, you lost your UWF Managerial License? 

Ernie Ladd:  For once you are right. I did loose those two things but there are many ways to skin a cat.  I applied for and was granted an NWA Managerial License and the last time I checked, the UWF was part of the NWA! 

Jim Ross:  Wow, shocker… Ernie Ladd found a loophole in the rules!  Well I guess you will be back with your same obnoxious agenda and the same cast of characters. 

Ernie Ladd:  As I said there are many ways to skin a cat.  Martin Luther King Jr and Malcolm X were as different as night and day and it seems through peace, King achieved greatness.  Well, I am going to help my people by being the best wrestling manager this sport has ever seen.  There will be no more Nation of Domination.  My newest organization will only consist of those people who are considered to be world class in everything they do!  I will show you exactly what a person like me can achieve in this industry.  As for as which wrestlers I have signed, you will found out when the time is right.   

As fast as Ladd appeared, Ladd exited and we headed back to the ring for another shocker! 

The Fab Ones defeat Tom Stone & Brian Dean by submission as Keirn locked in the Inverted Boston Crab 

The fans were into this from the first chord of Sharped Dressed Man as they instantly knew one of their favorite teams was back in the UWF.  At the interview desk, both Keirn and Lane are very humble as they explain that the UWF has the greatest tag team divisions in all of wrestling and that to be the best you have to beat the best.  

COMMERCIAL 

Before our next match, the crowd really pops as Jerry “the King” Lawler is at the interview desk with Magnum T.A.  Even with T.A. at the podium, the return of Lawler takes top priority in this interview.

Jerry Lawler:  Well Jim, first of all it is great to be back in the UWF.  I mean I have been listening to Honky Tonk Man talk a lot of trash about me for a long time but unlike him, I am a man of my word.  I had contractual obligations down in Texas and I would never duck out of them.  So I just had to sit back and listen to that Elvis want-a-be talk trash!  But look what happened when I returned during the Great American Bash.  I made him a Crossward Puzzle wrestler in a matter of minutes.

Jim Ross:  A crossward puzzle wrestler?

Jerry Lawler: Yeah he went from being horizontal in the ring to laying vertical on the mat as soon as I smashed the guitar on his greasy head!

Jim Ross:  And Magnum what are your thoughts after what Ole Anderson did to you.

Magnum T.A.:  Lesson learned.  I should never have trusted Ole Anderson.  But trust me Ole, I will never forget what you did and now I promise you, It will never be over!  Nikita Koloff, I am still coming for you and now with the King back, I feel that I have someone who really has my back!  Together we will be taking out the Russians!

The two shake hands as the crowd pops once again as the crowd continues to rock as we get a little Queen coming from the speakers.

“Another One Bites the Dust” brings JYD to the ring! 

JYD defeats Action Jackson with the Big Thump! 

At the interview desk, we see a real dejected JYD.  He can’t believe that Ladd is back and that everybody better watch their backs as there is no bigger snake in the grass that Ernie Ladd. 

After JYD leaves the interview area, Jim Cornette and the Midnight Express along with “Dirty” Dick Slater and a large man in a suit with sunglasses and a top hat. 

Jim Cornette:  I told you that the Midnight Express where the greatest tag team in the World but stupid Dr. Death git out smarted by Jeff Jarrett and he cost us our UWF title.    

Jack Brisco:  Not bad for your organization.  You now have 0 title.  I wonder what your mother’s lawyers will do now? 

Jim Cornette:  Who invited you anyway Brisco!  I must admit that the Bash was tough on me.  The Midnight Express, the cream of the crop in the tag division were put into some gimmick match by Cowboy Bill Watts which cost them the title and somehow that no talent Terry Taylor stole the Continental Title from one of the toughest men in the UWF!  I was upset after the Bash so I called Mama and she said bring in some reinforcements… so protection.  She said we had a great year winning the million dollars at the Crocket Cup that she would give me the money to go out and sign the best security money can buy. 

Jim Ross:  So, the million-dollar question is who is this monster of a man behind me.

Jim Cornette:  Well not quite a million dollars but he is the best paid security guard anyone has ever seen.  Nobody is going to mess with me, the Midnight Express or Dirty Dick Slater anymore.  I searched everywhere for the best in the business and finally it dawned on me.  What better place to find a security guard then in a maximum security prison and here he is, from Cobb County Correctional Facility… Big Bubba Rogers! 

Rogers just stares straight ahead and it is obvious that he means business! 

COMMERCIAL

Dick Murdoch with Ron Wright defeats DJ Peterson with the Brain buster 

The interesting thing that happened here was that just as Murdoch went for the pin, Grizzly Boone rushed out from behind the curtain and hit Ron Wright with a running bellybuster that sent Wright flying into the ring apron and down to the ground.  Boone left right after the move as he knew that reinforcements were not far away. 

Jim Ross:  Well I guess Grizzly Boon is not taking his firing from Ron Wright’s Army particularly well.  Well fans ... We have a real treat for you.  Coming out to join us next from World Class Championship Wrestling is Kerry VonErich.  Well Kerry, in less than two weeks in Dallas, it will be you and Nikita Koloff for the NWA World Title at the WCWC Great American Bash!

Kerry VonErich:  That’s right Jim and I know I have the Koloffs worried.  Last week, down in Texasthey made a deal with David Schultz and he comes out wearing some sort of Russian tee shirt and he clocked me a bunch of times with a Russian chain.  Now we all know what type of lowlife Schultz is but for the Koloffs to pay him to attack me, I know they are afraid. 

We see a video of the attack courtesy of WCCW and when it is over Ivan, Nikita and Ole came out and they are full of laughter at Kerry saying Nikita is afraid to face him in Dallas on July 22nd.   

Jim Ross begs for peace but the Koloffs and Ole keep mouthing of and the situation becomes very heated.  All of a sudden, the crowd pops as Jerry Lawler and Magnum T.A. come out to even out the sides.  One thing leads to another and we get a brawl between the two sides that actually leads to the babyfaces being in control of the area as the Russians and Ole scamper away! 

Jerry Lawler:  One way or another Koloff, your days as World Champ are coming to an end! 

Kerry VonErich:  Nikita… there will be no place to run in Dallas!  And as you just found out… I could plenty of friends to deal with Ivan and Ole! 

Magnum T.A.:  Ole Anderson… I have not forgotten about what you did to me at the Bash!  You were right… “This is Not Over!” 

COMMERCIAL 

Before our next match we are informed that this Monday night in the Mid-South Coliseum it will be Jerry Lawler, Kerry VonErich and Magnum T.A. vs The Koloffs and Ole Anderson.

Main Event

NWA NATIONAL TAG TITLE MATCH 

The Rock n Roll Express vs The Long Riders (Bass & Bart) without Ron Wright who was injured by Boone in the last segment 

A typical RnR match that shows the great comeback and the double dropkick for the finish but before we get the three count, the Fab Ones and Ernie Ladd hit the scene and attack the RnR Express from behind.  As we head off the air, Jim Ross can’t believe the trouble World Class has caused in just its first night in existence! 

Jim Ross:  Oh Bah Gawd!  The Fabulous Ones have joined with Ernie Ladd!  What is going on around here.  Evil seems to be all around us!