Pro Wrestling Only

UNIVERSAL WRESTLING FEDERATION (UWF)

kevinmcfl

TgMwVvn.jpg?1

MAJOR UWF SHOWS FOR THE WEEK OF 1/25

MEMPHIS, TN- MID-SOUTH COLISEUM

The Masked Avenger (Ed Wiskowski) defeats Dixie Dynamite with a Reverse Piledriver.

The Long Riders with Ron Wright defeat the Southern Gentlemen (Steve Armstrong & Tracy Smothers) after Ron Wright caught Armstrong with his knucklebuster and Bill Irwin followed it up with a Superplex.

Jimmy Valiant and Buddy Landell wrestled to a 15 minute draw

Tommy Rich defeated the Dirty White Boy with the Sleeper and to the delight of the fans, he put the Sleeper on Ron Wright and laid him right next to the Dirty White Boy.

Lex Luger & Baby Doll continued their destruction of all that get in their ways when he defeated Rip Oliver with the Rack Attack.

Hacksaw Butch Reed & Shaska Whatley with Ernie Ladd defeated JYD and Wahoo by DQ as Wahoo cracked a chair over the head of Shaska. This was in retaliation to Ernie Ladd hitting JYD with a Big Boot so Wahoo hit both Ladd and Shaska with the chair.

UWF UNITED STATES TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Bob & Brad Armstrong defeated The Midnight Express by DQ due to more interference by Ron Wright and the Long Riders.

UWF WORLD TITLE MATCH: LUMBERJACK MATCH: Jerry “The King” Lawler defeated Mr. USA Tony Atlas with a middle rope fist drop followed by a piledriver. Lawler showed some real intestinal fortitude here as he was caught a few times in the bone crushing bearhug by Atlas but each time he refused to give up. Also, there was the actions of the Lumberjacks. Ron Wright’s Army and the Armstrongs spent most of it at each other’s throats as did the Nation of Domination against Wahoo and JYD.

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA: LAKE FRONT ARENA

The Italian Stallion defeated The Warlord with Skandar Akbar with a Powerslam. The Warlord is still learning his way around the ring but has some real power.

Dick Murdoch defeated Iron Mike Sharpe with a Brainbuster

Dirty Dick Slater defeated Brad Rheingans by submission as he used the ropes for extra leverage on his Figure 4.

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Cowboy Don Bass by submission with the Iron Claw

The Ultimate Warrior defeated Boris Zhukov with a Warrior Smash. Boris coming out waving the Russian Flag really got the Warrior fired up and this was his best bout to date.

The Barbarian with Skandar Akbar defeated Sam Houston when Konga hit a Top Rope Diving Headbutt on Houston after Skandar Akbar tripped him up.

UWF WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE: The Road Warriors and Ivan & Nikita Koloff wrestled to a double count out as all 4 men were brawling all over the arena floor. These Russians are the first team to stand up to the Road Warriors power and even Ellering felt the wrath of Nikita as he clocked the manager with a Russian Sickle.

NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH: Hacksaw Jim Duggan defeated Steve “Dr. Death” Williams by DQ as Akbar hit Duggan with his own 2 x 4. This allowed Dr. Death to retain his title but this feud is just getting going.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of great cards here. I like the big baby face push Tommy Rich is getting. Ultimate Warrior picks up a strong win. The Nation/Wahoo, JYD match was a good one and that feud is far from over. Really like the Armstrongs/Midnight Express program. The Russians and Road Warriors are getting into a real power feud. Good little heel move by Slater to insure a victory. Looking forward to more Dr. Death/Duggan matches. This is a true Mid South headlining feud.

HIYxdeH.jpg?3

2/1/1986

JACKSON, MISSISSIPPI

Hello everybody. Welcome to Crossfire a UWF Wrestling production. We are coming to you from the Mississippi Coliseum in Jackson, Mississippi. I am Lance Russell and my partner today is Jeff Jarrett. Well Jeff, we saw the King survive his match with Mr. USA Tony Atlas in the Mid-South Coliseum but the Nation of Domination is looking real tough.

Jeff Jarrett: And let’s not forget that the Russian Nightmare is waiting in line and has a guaranteed title shot sometime in the near future.

This is where Ivan & Nikita Koloff come out along with Boris Zhukov and we hear Uncle Ivan explain what is going on.

Ivan Koloff: I do not say this much, but Cowboy Bill Watts and Jerry Lawler are smart people… that is for Americans. Nikita Koloff is an unstoppable force and as soon as he won the King of the Mountain Battle Royal and was granted a UWF World Title shot, you go and join the NWA. You think we do not know why. It is obvious you Americans were afraid of Nikita winning your World Title and having a Russian as the face of the United States Wrestling World. Well, we will still hold you to that match Jerry Lawler. Call it the UWF title or anything else you want. We are going to win it and then we will demand that the NWA send Rick Martel here and we will take his title next. Road Warriors and the Andersons…. Do not think we have forgotten about you. Nikita, Boris and myself we soon control the UWF and the entire NWA!

MATCH

NIKITA & IVAN KOLOFF & BORIS ZHUKOV DESTROY MIKE VERNON, TOM STONE & GREG OLSEN AS ALL THREE AMERICANS ARE LEFT IN A MANGLED HEAP !

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

THE MASKED AVENGER (ED WISKOSKI) DEFEATS TOMMY ANGEL WITH A REVERSE PILEDRIVER

MATCH

THE DIRTY WHITE BOY WITH RON WRIGHT DEFEATS THE ITLAINA STALLION WITH A BUCKSNORT BLASTEE AFTER GETTING HELP FROM WRIGHT HE USED THE KNUCKLEBUSTER ON THE STALLIIN.

At the interview desk, Ron Wright hits an all-time low. He brings out the Long Riders along with the DWB and has them drape a Nazi flag over the interview desk while both Lance Russell and Jeff Jarrett are vehemently protesting.

Ron Wright: I just don’t get it. I spent my entire career as a Christian wrestler always trying to do what was good for everyone around and now we have to put up with this!

Lance Russell: Put up with what?

Ron Wright: My man, the Dirty White Boy, must corrupt his own hands by putting them on some Italian. I mean what is going on in the UWF. Have we no shame. And the Armstrongs continue to run around here like a plague. Well tonight, mark my words! The Long Riders will begin the extermination of the varmitts around here when they beat the Wild Eyed Southern Boys, Tracy Smothers and Steve Armstrong!

Jeff Jarrett: We will have to wait and see about that!

Ron Wright: I would watch your mouth boy. Your Daddy is the cause of all of this infestation around here and if you are not careful, one of my Army members will take you out!

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

UNITED STATES TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

THE MIDNIGHT EXPRESS BEAT THE MEMPHIS CONNECTION (Winston & Bryant) AS CORNETTE TRIPPED UP WINSTON AND BEAUTIFUL BOBBY HIT THE ALABAMA JAMMER

At the interview desk, Jim Cornette is full of laughter at the lack of challengers for the Greatest Tag Team in the World today. All of a sudden, Junkyard Dog and Wahoo McDaniel come strutting out to the interview desk where Jim Cornette quickly changes his tune.

Jim Cornette: I have no idea what you two diseased rats are doing out here right now but if either of you two put your rapid claws within an inch of my body, my mother’s lawyers will have a field day suing you for every dirty nickle you have.

Junkyard Dog: Well Cornette, tell mothers lawyers to get ready to work because if you ever speak like that to me again, you will be taking out of the other end of your body.

Wahoo McDaniel: We are sorry we were late but we were just with Jerry Jarrett when you were saying there is no competition for the U.S. tag titles.

Jim Cornette: Well finally something good is happening around here. Jarrett hopefully suspended you two indefinitely for poor hygiene.

Junkyard Dog: Actually, he just named us your opponents for this week’s event Nashville at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds. So shine up our belts!

The Dog howls at the moon as he Wahoo walk off as we hear Cornette screaming at Lance about how Jarrett has no right to do this and mother’s lawyers will get to the bottom of this.

MATCH

LEX LUGER WITH BABY DOLL DESTROYS LARRY TUNNEY WITH A RACK ATTACK

At the interview desk Baby Doll hypes up how Lex had Hacksaw Reed’s number at King of the Ring and that Reed’s days as the Southern States Champion are numbered.

Once again, Jerry Jarrett comes out and agrees with Baby Doll and Lex Luger that they have been so dominant since arriving in the UWF that Lex has quickly moved up the ladder and is now the #1 contender for the UWF Southern Title and that he will get his shot with Hacksaw Butch Redd this week in Nashville.

All of a sudden we hear that awful sound…. WE ARE… THE NATION…. OF DOMINATION repeated over and over again as Ernie Ladd leads Tony Atlas, Shaska Whatley and Hacksaw Butch Reed.

Jerry Jarrett: Well that didn’t take long for the Nation of Thugs to come out here and I bet I know your plan…. Attack Lex 4-1 to make sure he doesn’t make it to Nashville. Well if any of you touch him tonight, Hacksaw Butch Reed will be stripped of his Southern Title oh and by the way, just to keep you guys busy… I have added a special match for tonight. It will be the Nation of Domination vs Jimmy Valiant, Tommy Rich and the UWF Champion, Jerry Lawler and that match is coming up right after this break.

As the screen goes to commercial, Ernie Ladd is fuming and screaming it the microphone.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

THE NATION OF DOMINATION (Reed, Atlas & Whatley) VS JERRY LAWLER, TOMMY RICH & JIMMY VALIANT

As you would expect, this is a wild one where each person gets a little shine. In the end it looks like Shaska is going to take the fall as the King has connected with his middle rope fist drop and is going for the piledriver.

Lance Russell: Oh no! Not again. Here come the Russians. It is Nikita, Ivan and Boris who have hi the ring.

The Russians plus the Nation of Domination are too much for anyone and the fan favorites take a huge beating here. Valiant, Rich and Lawler are left scattered all over the arena and it seems that Jerry Jarrett’s plan has backfired. Lex Luger was protected but the King is now mangled on the arena floor.

COMMERCIAL

Before our last match, a battered group of Lawler, Rich and Valiant are at the interview table where they are fuming at the attack by Uncle Ivan and his Comrades. While all three of these guys are great on the mic, the best part was that we were informed that they will get their chance at revenge this week in Nashville against the Russians in a 6-man tag match!

MATCH

THE LONG RIDERS WITH RON WRIGHT DEFEAT THE WILD EYED SOUTHERN BOYS (Tracy Smothers & Steve Armstrong)

For the second time tonight we see Ron Wright and his Knucklebuster affect the outcome of a match as he cracked Steve Armstrong and then Wild Bill Irwin followed it up with a Superplex for the victory. This caused Bob & Brad Armstrong to rush out but Ron Wright’s Army headed for the hills are were gone before they could feel the wrath of the Bullet and his family. Lance informs us that the Armstrongs will be seeking revenge against the Long Riders this week in Nashville! So long from Jackson!

Cornette was in top form tonight but he better be careful and not get in JYD's path. UWF has some serious heel factions going with Wright's army, the Nation and the Russians. The Long Riders and Southern Boys will no doubt produce some great matches. Lawler, Rich and Valiant are the perfect faces in Mid South. Looking forward to the Luger/Reed match.

bpzCYEO.jpg?1

2/1/1986

JACKSON, MISSISSIPPI

Hello again everybody. Welcome to Power Pro Wrestling, a UWF Production coming to you from the Mississippi Coliseum in Jackson, Mississippi. I am Jim Ross and my partner is Cowboy Bill Watts. Before we get to the action, we are in for a special treat. The NWA World Tag Team Champions, Ole & Arn Anderson are here.

Ole Anderson: I must say Jim Ross, we are not grateful to be here. I mean I think civilization ended about 200 miles ago. We are the World Champs and we go where the NWA tells us to but this is ridiculous.

Arn Anderson: I agree. This is one pathetic place but we were told the UWF just joined the NWA so we should come down here and give the fans the thrill of a lifetime and take on whoever they call the #1 team in the land to the woodshed!

Jim Ross: I don’t want to insult you but we have some pretty good teams in the UWF and you fellas might just have your hands full.

The Andersons have a good chuckle at that but soon change their tune a bit as Ross rattles of some of the teams in the UWF including the Midnight Express, the Rock n Roll Expres, JYD and Wahoo McDaniel and……

All of a sudden the UWF Tag Champs, the Road Warriors and Paul Ellering come out and the Andersons seem shocked.

Jim Ross: And meet your opponents for this Monday night in Birmingham, Alabama at the Boutwell Auditorium…. None other than the Road Warriors.

As Animal and Hawk begin to scream into the microphone about what they are going to do to Ole and Arn Anderson, it becomes obvious that Ole and Arn are not the least bit concerned. As order is kept here, we head to the ring for our first match.

MATCH

SCOTT HALL DEFEATS VERLON BIGGS BY SUBMISSION WITH THE BACK BREAKER

The crowd really took a shine here to the big man as he was quick to answer the questionable tactics of Biggs! At the interview desk, Hall was thankful to all and ready to help Hacksaw Duggan and the guys take on the likes of Skandar Akbar.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

THE TEXAS TORNADOS (Kendell Windham & Sam Houston) DEFEAT THE MEMPHIS BRUISE BROTHERS WITH A DOUBLE BULLDOG ON BASS

MATCH

HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN DEFEATED IRON MIKE SHARPE WITH A FOOTBALL TACKLE

At the interview desk, we see a quick video of how Dr. Death had help from the entire Devastation Inc stable to help keep his belt in his title match last week in New Orleans against Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Hacksaw Duggan: That match was my own fault. Yes, it is my own fault that I am not the Continental Champion right now as I trusted Steve Dr. Death Williams. I trusted that he was man enough to meet me in the ring but as you all saw that was not the case. He needed the Barbarian. He needed the Warlord. He needed Akbar himself. Well this week in Baton Rouge, it will be me with plenty of help. I got another shot at the title and this time it will be in a Lumberjack Match! My friends will be there to toss your big cowardly body back into the ring when you try to run. It will be Blackjack Mulligan. It will be Dick Murdoch. It will be Scott Hall there each time one of your goons lays their grimy hands on me. Dr. Death, get your last looks at that title because it will be mine in less than a week.

COMMERCIAL

Before our next match, Skandar Akbar and Dr. Death are at the interview desk where they have a completely different view on the events from New Orleans.

Dr Death: I understand that Cowboy Bill Watts runs this company. I understand that I am not high up on his list right now but if you are going to show a video clip show the whole thing. Thank God, Devastation Inc. came to my aid. Hacksaw Duggan had just knocked the ref down and was coming at me with his 2 x 4. He had just swung and missed General Akbar seconds before this video started. He is not a wrestler. He is a criminal. He should be arrested for assault. Well this week, in Baton Rouge, Devastation Inc. will make sure we have a fair and honest wrestling match.

Jim Ross: Oh brother, let’s get to the ring!

MATCH

CRIPPLER RIP OLIVER DEFEATS RICKY GIBSON WITH THE PILEDRIVER

The Crippler is in a roll of late and is doing a good job of getting some heat from the crowd. He is quickly becoming one of the better heels in the UWF

MATCH

“DIRTY” DICK SLATER BEATS TODD CHAMPION WITH THE FIGURE 4 WHILE USING THE ROPES FOR EXTRA LEVERAGE

After the match, we once again see General Akbar come out and start whispering into the ears of Slater. This leads Dick Murdoch to come out and confront the two of them.

Dick Murdoch: Ok enough of this whispering around here. What are you two, 10 year old girls. Slater have you joined Devastation Inc. Are you Akbar’s newest snake?

Dick Slater: First of all Captain Redneck, that is none of your business. Also, I have made no bones about why I am in the UWF. My services are for sale and General Akbar is the leader in the clubhouse. He has made a very gracious offer!

Dick Murdoch makes the mistake of putting his hands of his hips and turns in frustration!

WHAM!

Slater clobbers Murdoch from behind and the brawl is on. If it is one thing these two like it is a good old fashion throw down and after a minute or two we see officials empty from the back and eventually order is restored as we go to break.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

VS

THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR WITH PAUL ELLERING VS THE BARBARIAN WITH SKANDAR AKBAR

A great match that shows off the power and athleticism of both of these big men. The Barbarian actually connected with a top rope diving headbut but the Warriors was able to get a foot on the ropes on two. The Warrior made a tremendous comeback and connected with a Warrior Smash and looked like he was on the verge of his biggest win to date when all of a sudden Dr. Death and the Warlord hit the ring and went after the Warrior. Next to follow was the Road Warriors and we had a nice pier 6 brawl going.

Ole and Arn Anderson saw this as there shot to keep the Road Warriors from making it to Monday night so they attacked. Seeing the numbers in the ring, Dick Murdoch and Hacksaw Duggan hit the ring and the whole scene was just wild. As the show comes to an end, the camera catches a glimps of Dirty Dick Slater who is just standing in the corner with a big smirk on his face.

And the screen fades to black.

The Dick Slater storyline gets more and more interesting. Looking forward to the Andersons/Road Warriors clash. The Duggan/Dr. Death feud is in high gear. Rip Oliver is looking strong and I think he's heading for big things. Texas Tornados continue to build momentum. Liked the Warrior/Barbarian power match.

TlS8y7B.jpg?7

MAJOR UWF SHOWS FOR THE WEEK OF2/1

NASHVILLE, TN- TENNESSEE STATE FAIRGROUNDS

Buddy Landell defeats Ricky Gibson with a Figure 4

Pez Whatley with Ernie Ladd defeats the Italian Stallion with a Diving Willie after Ernie Ladd tripped up the Stallion

Steve Armstrong defeats the Dirty White Boy and Ron Wright when the Dirty White Boy was caught using Wright’s knucklebuster on Armstrong

Tony Atlas and Ernie Ladd defeated the Wild Eyed Southern Boy Tracy Smothers by submission with a Bearhug

Bob & Brad Armstrong fought the Long Riders with Ron Wright to a DDQ as the match went bonzo gonzo and the two teams brawled all the way to the concession stand.

UWF Southern Tag Team Title Match: Wahoo McDaniel & JYD defeated the Midnight Express by DQ as Cornette hit JYD over the head with the tennis racket. It was a shame that the ref called for the bell because with Dog’s hard head, the racket had no effect other than to anger the dog who dragged Cornette into the ring and caught him with a Big Thump.

UWF Southern Title Match: Lex Luger & Baby Doll fought Hacksaw Butch Reed with Ernie Ladd to a 20 minute draw. The bell did sound as Luger had Reed up in the Rack Attack and at first the fans thought that we had a no champion.

Jerry Lawler, Tommy Rich and Jimmy Valiant defeated Ivan & Nikita Koloff and Boris Zhukoff as Tommy Rich hit a piledriver on Zhukoff. While the fan favorites left with the victory, Nikita leveled the King with the Russian Sickle and the fans had flash backs to when Nikita dominated Dusty Rhodes. They know that there will be a UWF Title bout between these two and they hope Lawler can stand up to the Russian Nightmare.

BATON ROUGE, LA- CENTROPLEX

Brad Rheingans defeats Porkchop Cash with a Cradle Suplex

The Ultimate Warriors with Paul Ellering defeats Iron Mike Sharpe with a Warrior Smash

The Texas Tornados (Kendell Windham & Sam Houston) defeat the Masked Avenger & Cowboy Don Bass with a Double Bulldog on Bass

Scott Hall defeated the Warlord & General Skandar Akbar when Akbar accidently hit the Warrior and Hall scooped him up in the backbreaker to gain the win by submission.

Dick Murdoch & Dirty Dick Slater fought to a DDQ as both men were counted out as they were brawling out on the floor. Murdoch ended the brawl by running Slater into the steel barricade. After Murdoch left Slater lying on the ground, Akbar came out and helped Slater to the locker room.

The Barbarian with Akbar defeated Blackjack Mulligan with the top rope diving headbutt. The damaged had been done earlier with the ref knocked down and Slater came in and connected with a few big left hands. He scampered to the back before the ref even knew he was there.

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM MATCH : Ole & Arm Anderson wrestled the Road Warriors to a 20 minute draw. This was vintage Anderson style wrestling as they negated the Warriors power by taking their legs out. There were a lot of kicks and stomps to the knee area of both Animal and Hawk. Whenever the Road Warriors got going, the Anderson’s used a quick eye rack or closed fist shot to turn the momentum back in their favor. It looked like the Andersons were on the verge of a clean win after Arn hit the Spinbuster on Hawk but Animal came in and landed a nasty elbow drop to make the save. This led to all 4 in the ring and now the Road Warriors were off and running. Some big body slams and clotheslines and the fans thought we were to see new champs but that is when the bell sounded.

UWF CONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: LUMBERJACK MATCH: Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Steve “Dr. Death” Williams wrestled to a No Contest as Akbar’s men and Duggan’s gang couldn’t keep their hands off each other and their fisticuffs spilled over into the ring. This bout ended up in a big 8 man brawl that couldn’t be stopped until the police came into the ring! The fans loved the action but they were really upset as it seems that Slater has made his choice as he was out there fighting against Duggan, Murdoch, Mulligan and Scott Hall.

Two great brawling cards! Armstrong's and Long Riders was a good one. I like Tommy Rich getting the pin on Boris. Oh man I don't know if the King can hold off the challenge of Nikita but never count the King out. Wild ending to the Duggan/Williams match! Well, looks like Dick Slater has chosen sides. I do love a heel Slater. Nice job of keeping these feuds heated.

HIYxdeH.jpg?3

2/6/1986

KNOXVILLE, TENNESSEE

Hello everybody. Welcome to Crossfire a UWF Wrestling production. We are coming to you from the Civic Center in Knoxville, Tennessee. I am Lance Russell and my partner today is Jeff Jarrett. What a show we got for you and we are going to start if off with a bang. Let’s bring out the UWF champ, Jerry “the King” Lawler and the NWA World Champ, Rick Martel.

We find out that this week in the Omni in Atlanta Jerry Lawler will face Rick Martel and both men do nothing but sing each other’s praises. Martel is excited to be in the UWF and considers Jerry Lawler to be a World Champion in his own right while Lawler considers the true champ to be the NWA champion and how grateful he is to get this shot.

Lance Russell: Well wait just a minute! Coming to the interview area is none other than one of the nastiest men ever to step inside the squared circle, Mad Dog Vachon. Mad Dog I must admit I have no idea why you are in Knoxville today.

Mad Dog Vachon: I will tell all of you people why I am here. I am chasing this so called World Champion all over the continent to get the title shot I deserve. The minute Lutte International Wrestling declared me a top contender for the NWA World Title, Rick Martel took off running.

Mad Dog is now almost growling at Martel.

Mad Dog Vachon: People in the wrestling world think I am missing something. They say I am a little off. The only thing I am missing in that NWA World Title and I am not leaving without it. I don’t care if I have to bite, if I have to claw, if I have to stomp, I am going to win that title.

Rick Martel: Mad Dog Vachon, I am the World Champion and I go where the NWA sends me. They have booked a title match this Monday night for Jerry Lawler and I am going to hold up my end of the bargain but one thing that is for sure, this NWA title is the most important championship in all of wrestling and I am going to do nothing to disrespect it. Lutte has declared you a top contender and if it is a match you want, it is a match you are going to get! How about today. Lance is there any time on today’s TV schedule for an NWA World Title Match?

Lance Russell: WOW! I am sure we can make time for that. Fans you are instore for a treat.

All of a sudden Ivan and Nikita Koloff come out to a loud chorus of boos.

Ivan Koloff: Well I can’t believe what I am hearing. Nikita Koloff won the King of the Mountain tournament almost a month ago and has been guaranteed a World title shot. The UWF announces that the UWF is no longer the champion they consider the World Champion and Rick Martel comes in a grants Lawler a World title shot. You two seem to be working together to keep Nikita down and it makes sense. Both of you stand no chance in the ring against Nikita. Now Mad Dog shows up and is giving a title shot on the same day. This seems like American corruption at its best.

Jerry Lawler: Ivan you must give it a rest. The NWA Board of Directors decided I am the #1 contender and you are not. I fully plan on giving Nikita his UWF Title shot but that match has not been set.

Ivan Koloff: It is not set because your American bureaucracy is afraid. Afraid that Mother Russia will make them look bad again? Afraid that Nikita will become your champion for as long as he wants to be?

Jerry Lawler: Enough of your preaching. I am sure Rick will give you a title shot when the NWA Board of Directors decides you are worthy of one. You have done nothing yet to make that happen.

As we head to the ring for our first match, Lance Russell can barely control himself as he hypes up tonight’s main event.

MATCH

THE WARLORD WITH SKANDAR AKBAR DEFEATS DIXIE DYNAMITE #1 WITH THE FULL NELSON

COMMERCIAL

Before we get back to the ring, Jerry Jarrett comes out with a huge announcement!

Jerry Jarrett: On March 1st in the Louisiana Superdome, the NWA will be hosting the Jim Crockett Sr. Memorial Tag Team Tournament where the winner will receive $1,000,000 and will also be named the NWA National Tag Team Champions!

Lance Russell: Oh my, $1,000,000! I bet teams from all over the world will want in!

Jerry Jarrett: Well it is only open to teams currently in the NWA and each of the NWA’s 5 Promotions will be allowed to be three entrants into this extravaganza.

Lance Russell: Any ideas who will be representing the UWF?

Jerry Jarrett: Those 3 teams will be announced by Cowboy Bill Watts on this week’s episode of Power Pro!

Lance Russell: Well fans, make sure to tune into Power Pro as the UWF is loaded with some great tag teams! Let’s get to the ring.

MATCH

THE LONG RIDERS WITH RON WRIGHT DEFEAT RICKY GIBSON & BUDDY VON BRAUN WITH A SUPERPLEX ON VON BRAUN

At the interview desk Ron Wright is fuming and demands that they play the video tape from last week’s match in Nashville where his Long Riders faced Bob and Brad Armstrong.

This short clip showed the Armstrongs beating the stuffing out of the Long Riders.

Ron Wright: I have been in this industry for a long time and have never seen tactics like that before. I was a Christian wrestler as I teach my wrestlers to be. We fight within the confines of the rules but as you saw these heathen Armstrongs cheat at each and every turn. Closed fists, kicks, hair pulling! It is unbelievable that they have yet to be suspended. Well this week in Atlanta, Scott and Bill Irwin have my permission to actually fight fire with fire when the faced Scott Armstrong and that Armstrong hell child, Tracy Smothers. If they want an unchristian match, I will for this one time only support the use of some questionable tactics.

Lance Armstrong: Oh yea, for this one time only. Well we have had enough of this interview, let’s get back to the ring.

MATCH

LEX LUGER WITH BABY DOLL DEFEATS DON KERNODLE

During the match, Lance Russell informed us that Luger came within seconds of winning the Southern Title this week from Hacksaw Butch Reed in Nashville as he had Reed up in the Rack Attack as the bell sounded for a time limit draw.

During tonight’s match. It looks like Luger is going to be attacked by the Nation of Domination as Ladd, Reed, Atlas and Shaska Whatley come out and hang at ringside. Lucky for Luger, it seems he has made some friends since coming to the UWF as Jimmy Valiant, the Italian Stallion, and Tommy Rich come out to even things up. Somehow peace is kept and we go to commercial knowing that there is a powder keg ready to explode at any moment.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH:

TOMMY RICH DEFEATS IRON MIKE SHARPE WITH THE LOU THESZ PRESS

Tommy Rich: Everywhere Wildfire looks there is trouble in the UWF. Whether it is that snake Ron Wright, whether it is Jim Cornette and his tennis racket, whether it is Ernie Ladd and the Nation of Domination or whether it is the Russians, the UWF is under attack. Well come this week in Hot Lanta and the Omni, I am going to take a bite out of crime. Boris Zhukov you best be ready because Wildfire is coming for you you!

MATCH

JYD & WAHOO McDANIEL DEFEAT MACKEY HODGES & BIG BEN STEARNS WHEN JYD MUSCLED UP AND HIT A BIG THUMP (POWERSLAM) ON STEARNS

At the interview desk, we see a video of Jim Cornette hitting JYD over the head with the tennis racket in their Southern States Tag Title match last week! The tennis racket did little damage to the hard head of JYD but the ref had called for the bell anyway saving the Midnight Express’s title.

JYD: Cornette! (Bark, Bark, Bark) This week in Atlanta there is no out! You can bring that tennis racket if you want. I can bring this big dog chain if I want to. No Rules, No DQ! And I promise you, we are going to take a couple of inches off your hides and we are going to take your titles! Nothin your Momma’s lawyers can do in the middle of the ring. Just let her know to come visit you in Atlanta General Hospital.

Wahoo: That’s right Lance. This little weasel has been runnin his mouth around here for far too long about how the Midnight Express are the best tag team in wrestling today. Well JYD and myself are going to shut his mouth once and for all.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH

NWA WORLD TITLE MATCH

RICK MARTEL VS MAD DOG VACHON

For TV, this is a long match that goes nearly 12 minutes. The match begins with the champ just outclassing Vachon with his technical skill. Vachon turns to some real questionable tactics following a corner break where he caught Martel with a knee to the gut. Vachon now does exactly what he said he would. He is biting, clawing and stomping Martel as he is trying every dirty trick in the book to win the title. Mad Dog thinks he has Martel weakened and goes for his finisher … a piledriver …but Martel reverses it with a high back body drop. Martel know goes to work on Vachon and after a few minutes, he hits the Sling Shot Splash.

1…

2…

Martel has won his first title defense in the UWF.

Lance Russell: Oh no. Here we go again. The Russian Nightmare has hit the ring and is going after Martel. The two give a nice brawl for a minute or two before Mad Dog is back giving the heels a 2-1 advantage. Nikita gives the sign for the Russian Sickle as he and Mad Dog whip Martel into the ropes….

Jerry Lawler, rushing to the ring, grabs Martel just as he hits the ropes and stops him from running right into the Sickle. Martel and Lawler now team up and together they give it to Nikita and Mad Dog so good that they heels end up on the floor and are headed to the locker room. Even though they are going to meet on Monday night for the World Title, Martel and Lawler shake hands as the fans erupt.

Lance Russell: What a show this has been tonight in Knoxville and if you are anywhere near the Omni on Monday, make sure you get a ticket. It is going to be a classic.

Great set up show and the fans get a huge treat with an NWA world title bout! You did a great job with Martel. Cant wait for the Martel/Lawler title bout. Both guys should beware of Nikita. Long Riders/Armstrongs will be another great brawl. Tommy Rich and the Omni just go hand in hand. All this and the announcement of The Crockett Cup. So much going on in the NWA!