Pro Wrestling Only

Tournament on RAW This Monday

Strummer

To determine who faces Cena at Wrestlemania. The matches:

* RVD vs Carlito

* Kane vs Chris Masters

* Triple H vs Ric Flair

* Shawn Michaels vs Big Show

Not to hard to figure out who's going over. Only thing interesting is will they have RVD make it to the finals and do yet another job to HHH?

They don't need to be wasting everyone's time with this shit, just have HHH come out and demand the title shot because he's the GAME-UHH and the King of Kings (side tangent: how come everyone's no sold Hunter using Jesus's gimmick?).

He's come out and demanded shit before and got it, why not do it again and spare the viewers having to watch the whole roster job to HHH in one night.

Guest Famous Mortimer

Anyone else hoping that WWE is working Meltzer and Keller in saying HHH - Cena is a lock? Anyone on their knees praying for not another fucking HHH title win, having not quite grasped the fact that a bit of metal in a worked sport means fuck all?

To determine who faces Cena at Wrestlemania. The matches:

* RVD vs Carlito

* Kane vs Chris Masters

* Triple H vs Ric Flair

* Shawn Michaels vs Big Show

Not to hard to figure out who's going over. Only thing interesting is will they have RVD make it to the finals and do yet another job to HHH?

They'll likely do that. If those are the brackets (I haven't checked), my predictions:

- RVD > Carlito

- Kane

- HHH > Naitch

- HBK > Show

- RVD > Masters

- HHH > Show

- RVD

Surely as RVD's fresh back, they're going to give him the returnee's mini-push before they bury him again for being popular?

He got return packages, final four in the Rumble and a win over Snitsky on Monday. That was his mini-push.

I'm predicting we'll get the Carlito/Masters and HHH/Show match-ups. HBK'll get screwed by a McMahon against Show. I don't know what'll happen to RVD.

Does WWE have the brackets already listed or just the matches?

The former.

My predictions:

Carlito over RVD (to keep that feud burning and set up a rematch at Mania - they've already pigeonholed RVD)

Kane over Masters (he's got a movie to promote soon and you want a big monster in the finals for Hunter to squash)

Triple H over Flair (duh)

Show over HBK (Shawn gets screwed in the first round, so Hunter doesn't need the McMahons help to win the tournament)

Kane over Carlito

Triple H over Show (to blow that feud off)

Triple H over Kane

Guest MJHimJfadeaway23

Am I the only one that wants to see Cena vs. HHH? I'd be more interested if Cena never lost in the first place, but as is, it's still a interesting match. To me, anyway.

Guest Dangerous A

Am I the only one that wants to see Cena vs. HHH? I'd be more interested if Cena never lost in the first place, but as is, it's still a interesting match. To me, anyway.

Yes, you are the only one. ;)

Kidding aside, a Cena-HHH matchup would be good with the right buildup, but there are things working against it for me.

1) Cena is not a main event over babyface. I know he's a draw, but he still elicits boos from over half the audience.

2) HHH wants to be cool heel because he is still in wannabe Flair mode. He'll heel up here and there, but at the end of this match, he'll probrably get a huge pop.

3) Cena's in ring work. Cena's match at the Rumble with Edge was pretty bad, but the match on monday was much, much better. He's inconsistent. HHH looks real good with guys who can carry their own, but against slugs, he looks bad.

4) As MJ cited, it would've meant a helluva lot more for HHH to be chasing an undefeated champion in Cena as opposed to what they did with Edge bridging the gap for a couple of weeks. Now the WM match has lost some of it's luster.

I watched parts of RAW the past couple of weeks and the PPVs up until Survivor Series the last couple of weeks and I want to know where you get these "half the audience" is booing Cena. It is undeniable that a large vocal group is booing him but I wouldn't say half. It isnt like the height of the nWo where an entire crowd would be cheering for the nWo. I hear a loud vocal minority booing him, not half the audience.

Guest Dangerous A

It's sort of a night to night thing and to Cena's credit, he sometimes turns the crowd over to him with a promo or skit, but there are times where to me, it seems like half the crowd is against him, especially in his matches. Perhaps I just want to hear the boos because in my head I'm booing him too.

At the Rumble, they went to a canned shot of fans celebrating his title win.

Cena gets a big pop for his entrance, but the longer his match goes (and the more offense he gets) the more the boos creep in.

Considering HHH likes his main events to go 30 minutes more or less, it's going to expose Cena just like it exposed Scott Steiner. In fact, a long HHH-Cena match might end up causing the crowd to do a double turn like Austin-Hart.