Pro Wrestling Only

Portland Wresting - June Press Conference!

awesomemiz

Press Conference

29th June 1986 - Portland Armory

-    Don Owen walks into shot and stands at the podium in front of a ring bearing the Portland Wrestling logo.

Don Owen Ladies and gentlemen of the gathered media I would first of all like to welcome you to the stunning Portland Armory for this very special press conference. I am here today as Owner of Don Owen Sports and as I can now officially announce the owner of Portland Wrestling. As you may have heard over the past couple of days I have acquired the talent from the now defunct Big Time Wrestling. However that is not to say they will all work for Portland Wrestling as i am accepting offers of trades should other promotions wish to partake. 
With all that said I have a few announcements to make. First of all I would like to announce that starting Saturday July 7th 1986 Portland Wrestling will return at 8pm local Portland time. Live from this beautiful Portland Armory. I would also like to officially announce that on Friday August 3rd 1986 Portland Wrestling will put on a huge SuperShow called Summer Gold. On that night we will crown the Pacific Northwest Tag Team Champions and the Pacific Northwest Heavyweight Champion via a 20 Man Gauntlet for the Gold. I would like to take this opportunity to issue an open challenge to any promotion out there to send their stars and see if they have what it takes to go toe to toe with the very best that Portland Wresting has to offer. 
Once again thank you all for attending this press conference.

-    Don Owen waves to the press and walks away. 

I see that you've already seemed to find your groove for your writing style. I'd suggest for you to use that first month before Summer Gold to test various writing styles to see which one suits you best and which one makes you more comfortable. Gonna make the writing process even easier for your format once you got that.

As for the Gauntlet for Gold, considering his history with Portland, Lutte will gladly send you Rick Martel to work the Gauntlet for Gold on August 3rd :)

10 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

I see that you've already seemed to find your groove for your writing style. I'd suggest for you to use that first month before Summer Gold to test various writing styles to see which one suits you best and which one makes you more comfortable. Gonna make the writing process even easier for your format once you got that.

As for the Gauntlet for Gold, considering his history with Portland, Lutte will gladly send you Rick Martel to work the Gauntlet for Gold on August 3rd :)

the comments you made bout writing style is what id thought bout doing to make Summer Gold as good as possible.

As for Rick Martel been apart of the Gauntlet for the Gold I thank you. :)

5 minutes ago, GeneJackson95 said:

NWA Texas Champion Terry Funk would be interested in competing in the Gauntlet for the Gold if there's a spot for him.

on behalf of Portland Wrestling I thank you and eagerly await pre taped comments from the Funker on why hes coming to Portland if hes not too busy defending his title. 

Good start with the announcement.  I do want to hear Don Owen on at points during each TV talking about the various cross promotional events in the area and all of the kid friendly wrestling days. :)  It would bring me back to actually watching Portland footage.

I had a deal with Big Time where he had access to Dutch Mantell, Bobby Jaggers and the Fantastics on days besides Wednesdays and my big shows (July 5th is next, will not need the Fantastics for that).  That deal stands for you as well.  If you like anybody else on the roster we can talk availability for the Gauntlet or just as talent to help out while you get established.

Official Press Release.

From the Office of Portland Wrestling Owner Don Owen

On behalf of Portland Wrestling I would like to officially announce the following stars apart of the Portland Wrestling; 

Mongolian Stomper

Bart Sawyer

Bugsy McGraw

Hacksaw Higgins

Jimmy Del Ray

King Cobra

Mark Lewin

Mike Jackson

Norvell Austin

Porkchop Cash

Ray Stevens

Salvatore Bellamo

Scott Armstrong

Tiger Conway Jr.

Tiger Chung Lee

Brett Sawyer

Baron Von Rashcke

Pez Whatley

Nick Kiniski

Kelly Kiniski

Bob Roop

Moondog Moretti

Atlantis

Los Villanos (Villiano III, IV, V)

We are also in talks with a number of other stars about becoming apart of Portland Wrestling.

Regards Don Owen