Pro Wrestling Only

World Class Championship Wrestling July/August 1986

GeneJackson95

World Class Championship Wrestling
Freeman Coliseum
San Antonio, TX
Saturday July 19, 1986
Bell time: 8pm

Marc Lowrance opens the show with an announcement that The Freebirds will not be appearing due to travel issues and that a substitution will be made to face the Road Warriors and Dusty Rhodes, at this point Percy Pringle comes out and says that tonight will be a perfect opportunity for his Mega Stars to debut and make an impact here in San Antonio and they will be joined by his bodyguard, Ted Arcidi.

Big Bubba Ottman pinned Jack Victory after a 'big splash'

Kendo Nagasaki/The Great Muta w/Tojo Yamamoto defeated The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers) when Muta pinned Smothers after a 'Moonsault'

Grudge Match
Mr. Wrestling 3 w/Mr. Wrestling 2 fought Killer Khan w/Tojo Yamamoto to double count out

REMATCH: Six Man Tag Team Challenge
Sam Houston/Brutus Beefcake/Scott Putski defeated Hot Stuff/Hyatt International (Gilbert/Link/Rogers) w/Missy Hyatt when Beefcake pinned Gilbert with the flying the knee

If Street wins, their match at the GAB will be a mixed tag,
If Adonis wins Ms. Linda will be barred from ringside at GAB

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda pinned "Adorable" Adrian Adonis w/Percy Pringle & Ted Arcidi with a rolling cradle

NWA North American Tag Team Championship
Bruiser Brody/Stan 'the Lariat' Hansen defeated The Headhunters (Kamala/Botswana Beast) w/Gary Hart & Friday when Hansen pinned the Beast after a lariat to win the championships

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
The Road Warriors (Animal/Hawk) & "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes w/Paul Ellering defeated The Mega Stars (John Tatum/Rod Price) & Ted Arcidi w/Percival Pringle III when Hawk pinned Arcidi after a clothesline off the top rope

MAIN EVENT
Double Texas Bullrope Match

Kevin/Kerry Von Erich defeated Terry/Dory Funk Jr. w/Gary Hart when Kerry pinned Dory with a school boy roll up

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muta is getting a nice push in Texas so far.  Regal going to a DCO against Killer Khan is impressive.  Houston/Beefcake/Putski is n odd team, I wonder how the fans reacted.  Glad that Street is getting some of the attention he deserves.  Really good in-ring and I feel like he has been underused in the project.  Hansen/Brody are champs!  I wonder waht that means in the long run.  That ended up being quite the extended squash for Dusty and the LOD.  I'd bet that main was all kinds of stiff and violent.  Just the way I like my wrestling.

Nice tie-in with the Freebirds incident in Mid-Atlantic on the same day. In the same breath, you gave Dusty & the Road Warriors some good momentum headed into War Games, which was the purpose so very well done.

But now my question is this: who the hell will take the North American Tag Team Championships away from Brody & Hansen???

Pretty awesome show from San Antonio with some big time matches and pay offs. I personally like the dynamic you have with the talent you've built here in World Class. I said it before but damn you have got a STACKED roster. Then you add in the freelance team of Body and Hansen who will no doubt be a team to reckon with.  I am also interested to see how Eddie Gilbert jumps into the mix here and with Hotstuff and Hyatt... they could really move up the card in a quick and big way. 

Muta/Kendo vs The Southern Boys is all kinds of excitement. I really like the Mr. Wrestling 3 angle and it's nice to see Mr. Wrestling 2 playing a big part in this. Their feud with Tojo's men has been fun. Brutus gets a big shine here as he gets the pin on Gilbert. Street wins the match, that's great because now we get that mixed tag at the Bash which will be a spectacle. Wow, Hansen and Brody are on a monster roll in WCCW and win the straps. Looking forward to their match with the RnR Express. Interesting note here, these two teams met at Starrcade, that shows the significant of a match like this. I'm sure the fans were disappointed the Freebirds couldn't make it. However, the fans in Daytona probably weren't to happy they showed up there LOL. Von Erichs get some revenge on the Funks and send the fans home happy. 

World Class Championship Wrestling TV

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 7/24
Airing on Friday 7/25 on WTVT throughout Texas
And various outlets across the Southwest
Hosted by Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard
Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Marc Lowrance

(Show opens with highlights from the Bash, Gilbert pinning Beefcake, Maeda kicking Nagasaki, Shultz getting his hand raised at the end of the Bunkhouse Battle Royal, Brody/Hansen getting the win over the Rock & Roll Express, still pics of the WARGAMES, and footage of Kerry's entrance and scenes from the post match celebration with the NWA World Championship!)

Mercer: "Perhaps one of the biggest and most exciting events in World Class history took place at the Cotton Bowl as the Great American Bash '86 rolled through Dallas and it was great wrestling action like only the NWA can bring you."

Prichard: "I have to say that even I was impressed with all the great action that took place and while I may not be a fan of his….how exciting was it to see Kerry Von Erich win the NWA World Heavyweight Championship from the 'Russian Nightmare' Nikita Koloff!"

Mercer: "It certainly was and speaking of Kerry winning the World Championship, tonight we will find out the fate of the NWA North American Championship as he cannot hold both titles at the same time, but right now let's go to the ring for our opening bout of the evening."

MATCH #1:

Scott Putski pinned 'Cowboy' Don Bass with a powerslam

(Marc Lowrance approaches Putski after his match to talk about his TV title match against Eddie Gilbert tomorrow night in Ft. Worth)

Putski: "Even though he's only been the champion for a short amount of time, Eddie Gilbert has used Missy Hyatt and his flunkies to keep that title by hook or by crook….well tomorrow night my buddies Sam Houston and Brutus Beefcake will take care of Rip Rogers and the Missing Link and then Gilbert that just leaves you and I to face off for that TV Championship!"

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #2:

The Great Muta/Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto defeated Ronnie Jenkins/Will Owens when Muta pinned Owens with a moonsault

VTR: Footage is shown of Tojo training his men Muta/Nagasaki/Khan in the dojo

(Marc Lowrance is in the locker room with "Adorable" Adrian Adonis, Percy Pringle, and Ted Arcidi)

Pringle: "Marc Lowrance, could the Great American Bash have been anymore glorious for the Pringle Dynasty??"

Lowrance: "I suppose you had a good showing."

Pringle: "Suppose we had a good showing?? Are you kidding me? The Mega Stars had a victorious debut and showed why they will be the World tag team champions within the next six months.  But what really topped it off was when I…..Percival Pringle the third….personally beat Adrian Street within an inch of his life and pinned his lifeless body."

Lowrance: "That's not exactly accurate Percy."

Adonis: "Don't spread lies Mike Lawrence,  that's exactly what happened….Percy took care of my light work and now I'm done with Adrian Street….moving on!"

Lowrance: "Moving on to what Mr. Adonis?"

Adonis: "Championship gold, that's what!  Look at me….I'm stunning, I'm what every man and woman aspires to be…..and the only thing missing from this package is championship gold around my adorable waist….so I'm laying out this challenge right now….I want a shot at a championship….doesn't matter which one….put me in the ring with a champ and they will become a former champ!"

(Matchmaker Frank Dusek comes to ringside)

Dusek: "Adrian, I have wonderful news for you."

Pringle: "Spill it Dusek, what is it?"

Dusek: Mr. Adonis wants to challenge for a championship, so I have put him in a match to determine a #1 Contender for the NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship tomorrow night in Ft. Worth."

Adonis: "Well it's about time, Frankie…..and what unfortunate soul will I be facing?"

Dusek: "That would be…..'Exotic' Adrian Street!"

Adonis: "Dammit….I just said I'm done with him!"

Dusek: "Ok, if you don't want a shot at the Texas title you don't have to wrestle him."

Pringle: "We'll be there Dusek….if I can beat Street, then Adrian Adonis won't have ANY problem beating him and when Adonis wins, he gets a Texas title match anytime he wants right?"

Dusek: "Yes, WHOMEVER wins the match gets a Texas title match whenever they choose."

MATCH #3:

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda defeated Sammy Hall with a rolling cradle

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #4:

The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers) defeated The Mega Stars (Rod Price/John Tatum) w/Percy Pringle & Ted Arcidi by DQ when the Dirty White Boys hit the ring and attacked them!

(Post Match: The Dirty White Boys grab the microphone in the aisle)

Denton: "Southern Boys….we are sick and tired of being sick and tired of you two!  Even a state as big as Texas isn't big enough for the four of us…..so we are laying out the challenge right now…tomorrow night we want to face you two…one more time!  Losers leave town!!"

(Smothers asks for a mic in the ring)

Smothers: "We couldn't agree more, boys.  You want it…you got it!  We'll be more than happy to make it losers leave town in Ft. Worth!"

MATCH #5:

Mr. Wrestling 3 w/Mr. Wrestling 2 pinned Randy Watson with a running kneelift

COMMERCIALS

(Bill Mercer is in the ring and introduces the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion 'the Modern Day Warrior' Kerry Von Erich who is wearing the NWA World title belt and carrying the NWA North American title, Frank Dusek is waiting in the ring as well)

Mercer: "Kerry, congrats on becoming the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion."

Kerry: "Thank you Mr. Mercer, but rather than congratulating me…you need to congratulate each and every one of these amazing fans because they are the reason we were all able to wake up from our 'Russian Nightmare'." (crowd pops)

Mercer: "That’s absolutely true and now the real work begins when it comes to defending the championship."

Kerry: "You're absolutely right, as a matter of fact tomorrow night in St. Louis, Nikita gets his rematch for this title….and I know he's going to be coming at me twice as hard as he did at the Bash….not to mention we'll be on his home turf in the UWF….so I will certainly have my work cut out for me."

Dusek: "I'm glad you realize the long road you have ahead of you Kerry, defending the NWA World Championship can be overwhelming and it certainly requires 100% of your focus and attention.  So, that being said….I'm going to have to ask you to surrender the NWA North American Championship."

Kerry: "While I've been proud to represent the NWA as the North American Champion, I can only hope I've done the championship and my fans proud, but I do understand why this is necessary and I do hereby officially surrender the North American title.  Once again, thanks to each every one of you who have supported me and my family….and I promise you I will be a fighting champion and will do not only World Class but Texas and all the Von Erich fans proud!" (with that Kerry exits the ring)

Dusek: "Thank you Kerry for being a professional and doing the right thing.  Now, I really didn't want to do another tournament this soon to crown a champion.  My intention was to take the top two contenders for this title and have them face off….however, the #1 Contender is the Texas Champion Terry Funk and he sustained a pretty serious knee injury in the WARGAMES." (As Dusek finishes that sentence Dory Funk Jr and his brother slowly make their way to the ring as Terry is visibly limping)

Terry: "Now you wait one damn minute Dusek…..you nor anyone else will tell Terry Funk when he can or can't compete….my knee is just fine…I just have to continue to walk it off but I'll be just fine to wrestle for that belt right there….all you have to do is tell me who/when/where and I'll be there."

Dusek: "Well….if you insist.  The when is tomorrow, the where is Ft. Worth…..as for who…it will be the winner of the Bunkhouse Battle Royal at the Bash who earned a title shot, 'Dr. D' David Shultz."

Dory: "Hold on Terry, I don't think this is a good idea….Shultz is a lunatic and you could be injured far worse….let's postpone this match for a couple more weeks."

Terry: "Dory, now dammit you're acting like our Dad……I'm fine…..my knee will be fine and I'm the lunatic that Shultz better be worried about!"

Dusek: "Then it's settled, tomorrow we will crown a new NWA North American Champion when Terry Funk faces 'Dr. D' David Shultz!"

COMMERCIALS

NEXT WEEK:

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes will be here to talk about the WARGAMES and what's next for the Dream.

Mr. Wrestling 3

Vs.

The Great Muta w/Tojo Yamamoto

And much, much more!!

MATCH #6:

MAIN EVENT

NWA World Tag Team Championship

The Road Warriors w/Paul Ellering defeated Hot Stuff/Hyatt International (Missing Link/Rip Rogers) w/Missy Hyatt when Hawk pinned Rogers after a 'Doomsday Device'

© 1986 Southwest Sports Inc.

Will Rogers Coliseum

Ft. Worth, TX

Saturday July 26, 1986

MAIN EVENT

NWA World Six Man Tag Team Championship

The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Gordy/Roberts)

Vs.
The Von Erichs (Kevin/Mike/Lance)

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

The Road Warriors (Animal/Hawk)

w/Paul Ellering

Vs.

The Headhunters (Kamala/Botswana Beast)

w/Gary Hart & Friday

Top Contenders Match to Crown a new NWA North American Champion

Terry Funk w/Gary Hart (NWA Texas Champion)

Vs.

"Dr. D" David Shultz

#1 Contender's Match for the Texas Championship

(Winner gets a shot at anytime of their choosing)

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

Vs.

"Adorable" Adrian Adonis w/Percy Pringle & Ted Arcidi

LOSERS LEAVE TOWN

The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers)

Vs.

The Dirty White Boys (Len Denton/Tony Anthony)

Six Man Challenge Match

Mr. Wrestling 2/Mr. Wrestling 3/Mr. Olympia

Vs.

The Great Muta/Kendo Nagasaki/Killer Khan

w/Tojo Yamamoto

WCCW Television Championship

"Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert w/Missy Hyatt

Vs.

Scott Putski

Hot Stuff/Hyatt International (Missing Link/Rip Rogers)

w/Missy Hyatt & Eddie Gilbert

Vs.

Brutus Beefcake/Sam Houston

(Card Subject to Change)

And the twists and turns of the WCCW continue.  I love the Adonis/Street angle with the winner getting a title shot anytime they want  .....a la money in the bank.  Those training videos , like Tojo and his men, in the 80's were awesome.  I remember one with Tony Atlas and Kevin Sullivan.  Terry telling Dory he was acting like Dad was cool.

Great follow up from the Bash. Creative way continuing the Adonis/Street feud. Muta and Kendo training in Tojo's dojo is an awesome visual. Terry Funk going ahead with the match against Dr. D might be a mistake but I wouldn't stand in his way LOL. Nice interview with Kerry. I think he has what it takes to be a good drawing traveling champion. Southern Boys and Dirty White Boys are ending things once and for all. Fun TV main event featuring the Road Warriors. 

Scott Puttski has a job on his hands taking on Eddie Gilbert.  Muta/Nagasaki need as many TV wins as they can get.  Great team like that should get over.  Love the Pringle/Adonis interview.  I wonder what that last little bit means.  DWBs vs. Southern Boys is such a natural feud.  And awesome one.  I like Wrestling 3 getting a TV win.  Kerry being the gracious, all-American babyface is the right call.  Funk vs. Schultz for the North American belt?  Hell yes!  Even better with Funk going in with an injury.  Road Warriors would have looked great in the ring against somebody like Gilbert.  Great main event for even a big show.

Will Rogers Coliseum

Ft. Worth, TX

Saturday July 26, 1986

Brutus Beefcake/Sam Houston defeated Hot Stuff/Hyatt International (Missing Link/Rip Rogers) w/Missy Hyatt & Eddie Gilbert when Link accidently headbutted Rogers allowing Beefcake to get the pin!

Six Man Challenge Match

The Great Muta/Kendo Nagasaki/Killer Khan w/Tojo Yamamoto defeated Mr. Wrestling 2/Mr. Wrestling 3/Mr. Olympia when Khan pinned Mr. Wrestling 2 after a running knee drop.

Scott Putski defeated "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert w/Missy Hyatt by DQ when the Missing Link interfered right in front of referee David Manning,  post match Rip Rogers came in the ring….and started berating Link for "screwing up yet again!"…..Rogers eventually slapped Link who then decked Rogers and started putting the boots to him….Missy handed her purse off to Gilbert who clocked Link in the head with it….Link dropped to one knee and then shook it off, Rogers jumped on his back……but Link threw him off….as he turned around to charge Gilbert, "Hot Stuff" through a fireball in his face Link went down holding his face as Gilbert, Rogers, and Missy all stomped him until Beefcake, Houston, and Putski hit the ring to make the save.

LOSERS LEAVE TOWN

The Dirty White Boys (Len Denton/Tony Anthony) defeated The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers) when Denton pinned Smothers after kicking him with his "loaded boot"

#1 Contender's Match for the Texas Championship

(Winner gets a shot at anytime of their choosing)

"Adorable" Adrian Adonis w/Percy Pringle & Ted Arcidi pinned "Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda with his feet on the ropes

Top Contenders Match to Crown a new NWA North American Champion

Terry Funk w/Gary Hart (NWA Texas Champion)

Vs.

"Dr. D" David Shultz

Highlights:

Funk limped his way out to the ring with his knee heavily wrapped with a brace on it……as the bell ring, Shultz walked to the middle of the ring and stuck his hand out for a handshake….Funk hobbled over and shook his hand but before Shultz released his hand he brutally kicked him right in the knee and Funk crumbled to the mat….Shultz began to stomp away on the injured knee and tore off the knee brace and then began unwrapping the knee……Funk scratched and clawed and tried everything he could to fight back….after several minutes of working over the already injured knee….in the ultimate act of "insult to injury" Shultz slapped a spinning toe hold on Funk!  Funk was screaming in pain but refusing to submit as Gary Hart yelled him to "be a man!! Fight back!!" finally Jimmy Jack Funk comes down and throws in the towel mercifully ending the match……"Dr. D" David Shultz is your new NWA North American Champion! 

After Shultz leaves, Gary Hart walks away in disgust abandoning both Funks in the ring…..Jimmy Jack struggles to try and help Terry off the mat….when suddenly Percy Pringle, Ted Arcidi, and Adrian Adonis comes to ringside…..Percy Pringle grabs a microphone, "Adrian Adonis just won a match stating he gets a Texas Championship Match ANYTIME he wants….well we want it RIGHT NOW!! Get the referee down here….let's go!" Jimmy Jack Funk comes over to argue with Pringle but gets attacked from behind by Arcidi….referee Bronko Lubbich comes down to the ring and instructs them to "ring the bell!"

Impromptu NWA Texas Championship Match

"Adorable" Adrian Adonis w/Percy Pringle & Ted Arcidi pinned the injured Terry Funk to win the Texas Heavyweight Championship

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

The Road Warriors (Animal/Hawk) w/Paul Ellering defeated The Headhunters (Kamala/Botswana Beast) w/Gary Hart & Friday when Hawk pinned the Beast with a clothesline off the top rope

MAIN EVENT

The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Gordy/Roberts) defeated The Von Erichs (Kevin/Mike/Lance) when Gordy pinned Mike after the oriental spike

A big moment for The Missing Link. Will he become a George "The Animal" Steele type sympathetic babyface character now? 

Rough night for Terry. Guess he won't be defending the Texas Heavyweight Championship over here after all. 

Beefcake and Houston got a big win against Rogers and Link.  Wrestling 2 being willing to do the job for his team seems about right.  Poor Link, always ends up with the wrong people.  Sad to see the Southern Boys go, but they'll find a new home.  Adonis with the title shot is another big win for Percy's crew.  Man, first Dr. D then Adrian Adonis taking Funk apart.  Why do I have a feeling Funk is going to be an angry man in the future?  Animal and Hawk are such physically dominating guys, even teams like the Headhunters can't overpower them.  Closing a WCCW show with Freebirds vs. Von Erichs is the right call every time.  Fans still didn't go home happy this night though.

Beefcake and Houston are gelling pretty well and get a big win over Hot Stuff Inc. Fun 6 man tag as Tojo's men get a big win over the masked faces. Wow, tough night for Link and it ends with a fireball in the face! Dirty White Boys send the Southern Boys packing. I think Terry Funk might of had a rougher night than Link. Dr. D showed no mercy and wins the North American Title. That's bad enough, then Adonis takes full advantage and takes his Texas Title. Funk now has scores to settle with Hart and Pringle. Freebirds stand tall in the end with a victory over the beloved Von Erichs. Freebirds have been pretty dominant as 6 man champs. 

The first match set the tone for a great card.  You could look at it as Spaldoni did with the success of Beefcake and Houston but I thought what is going to happen to Link with his mess up of headbutting Rogers.  Nice of Wrestling 2 taking the fall but will Wrestling 3 wonder why he is taking advice from someone who can't win the big one?  

That is really funny as I swear I was writing this match by match and only glances at Spaldoni's first line and then we get to match three and all Hell breaks lose with Link and the Hotstuff group!

Hopefully the Southern Boys and the Dirty White Boys will meet up in another promotion someday in this game as they are great 1990's Southern Feud material

Is this finally the end of Adonis and Street?  Not sure what I am hoping for.

Loved Schults using the Spinning Toe Hold and then Adonis cashes in his "money in the bank" card!  Perfect booking not to let that idea of a match anytime hang around to long as for fans to forget about it.

The Road Warriors are great traveling champs right now and I wonder how the Sunday night dinner table discussion went when Fritz told Mike you have to take the fall!

I really like this Terry Funk situation. He is such a captivating character and right now he has got all eyes on him in an absolutely loaded promotion. Road Warriors continue to dominate all comers and then we see the bastardized Von Erichs go down to the Freebirds which I always like seeing.  I still think that Gordy has all the makings to becoming the absolute man in World Class even with Dusty and Funk and I would personally like to see those matches unfold on big stages in the future. 

Spot Show

High School

Ardmore, Oklahoma

Thursday July 31, 1986

Bell Time: 7pm

Mike Von Erich pinned Buddy Jack Roberts with a small package

Brutus Beefcake pinned Super Destroyer #1 after a 'high knee'

The Dirty White Boys (Anthony/Denton) defeated Al Madril/Steve Doll when Anthony pinned Doll after a swinging neckbreaker

Kevin Von Erich pinned Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto with a flying crossbody

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

The Road Warriors w/Paul Ellering defeated "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert/"Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Missy Hyatt when Hawk pinned Rogers after the 'Doomsday Device'

MAIN EVENT

NWA World Heavyweight Championship

"Modern Day Warrior" Kerry Von Erich pinned "Ugandan Giant" Kamala w/Friday after a 'discus punch

World Class Championship Wrestling TV

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 7/24
Airing on Friday 8/1 on WTVT throughout Texas
And various outlets across the Southwest
Hosted by Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard
Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Marc Lowrance

Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard open the show and rundown the happenings from last Saturday night in Ft. Worth, Texas.  They plug the huge main event tonight with Dusty Rhodes facing "Freebird" Michael Hayes….and we'll hear from Paul Boesch about tomorrow's huge Battle for the Belts card in Houston!

MATCH #1:

Killer Khan w/Tojo Yamamoto pinned Randy Watson after the oriental spike

Post Match: Tojo says that tomorrow night Killer Khan will shock the world when takes the NWA World title from Kerry Von Erich and then he will take it back home to Mongolia and be celebrated like a true hero.

MATCH #2:

NWA North American Champion "Dr. D" David Shultz pinned Rudy Gonzalez after a piledriver

Brutus Beefcake tells Marc Lowrance that he was scheduled to face Rip Rogers in Houston but he's suffered an ankle injury, however he's found a mystery opponent to take his place to face the 'Hustler'.

COMMERCIALS

(VTR: It's night time at the Double Cross Ranch in Amarillo, Texas……there's a campfire burning and Terry Funk is sitting staring into the fire as the camera zooms in on his face)

Funk: "You know several months ago the Hollywood Agent whose been getting me parts in these movies I've been in told me I should retire from the ring…..that it's time to put this stuff behind me and go to Hollywood and be a movie star…..and for a brief moment I strongly considered it…..my wife agreed with him….hell, my brother Dory Jr even said that 'maybe it wasn't a bad idea'.  Against my better judgement I stayed….I stayed because I felt like there was more for me to do…..I felt like I had a purpose in this crazy wrestling business that maybe I haven't found yet…so I continued on with my wrestling career….then the next thing I know I find myself in this crazy contraption called the WARGAMES…..I found myself in a position where I knew that if I didn't surrender there was a very good chance I may never walk again….so I swallowed my pride…and I gave up. My family understood and say it's one of the only smart decisions I've ever made in the ring (laughs)……but the others…they didn't seem to understand…Gary Hart, Michael Hayes, Fernandez, Rude, and most of all that money loving son of a b****..Ted Dibiase.  They ridiculed and attacked me and my brothers who tried to come to my aid….Now, don't think for one minute that I don't get it….because believe me…I do….I know why you attacked me…..and hell if the shoe was on the other foot I probably would have done the same thing….but that sure as hell doesn't mean you're going to get away with it!  I'll get to you guys in a moment….but first we had some guys who took advantage of the situation and robbed me in the process!  David Shultz took advantage of my injured state last week and robbed me of a chance of winning the North American title…..then to make matters even worse….that fruity fat a** Adrian Adonis came down and robbed me of my Texas Championship as well!!  Do you think I'm going to stand for that sort of bulls***??? You know better than that, boys….  So here's what I'm going to do…I'm going to give this knee a week to heal up a bit….and then I'm coming after all of you in reverse order!  I want Adonis in the ring on Saturday August 9th right here in Amarillo! I don't even care if the title is on the line, I just wanna whip that fat sissy's a** all over my home town!  The following week, I want David Shultz in the ring in San Antonio on August 16th!! Title on the line or not, it doesn't matter to me….On the 23rd in Ft Worth, I want me/Junior/Jimmy Jack in the ring with the Freebirds for some revenge on them…..but then we save the best for last…..on Saturday August 30th in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma….I want me/Junior/Jimmy Jack in there against Dibiase/Rude/Fernandez in a Steel Cage Match….and the loser of the fall leaves World Class!! So there you have it…the 1986 Funkin' Revenge Tour coming to a World Class arena near you and either I will get retribution or I'll take my a** to Hollywood and you'll never see me again….buy your tickets…be there….because what I plan to do these guys may just land me in jail!"

(END VTR)

MATCH #3:

The Dirty White Boys (Len Denton/Tony Anthony) defeated The Hammer Brother (Jack/Sledge) when Denton pinned Sledge Hammer after a swinging neckbreaker

(VTR: Paul Boesch is in front of the Houston Wrestling banner and announces tomorrow night in Houston will be billed as 'Battle for the Belts', featuring SIX CHAMPIONSHIP BOUTS on the card! He talks to Dusty Rhodes who says that coming off a victory in the WARGAMES the only thing that could make it sweeter than it already is, would be if he and his brothers of the Road, the Road Warriors were to take the NWA World Six Man Tag Team Championships from the Freebirds tomorrow night in Houston.  Dusty also adds that he's proud and happy for Kerry Von Erich winning the NWA World Championship from Nikita Koloff but he would also be proud and happy to take that title from him, himself.)

MATCH #4:

Mr. Wrestling 3 w/Mr. Wrestling 2 defeated The Great Muta w/Tojo Yamamoto by DQ when Kendo Nagasaki interfered

**NEXT WEEK**

The WCCW debut of B. Brian Blair & "Jumpin" Jim Brunzell, The Killer Bees!

Footage of Kerry Von Erich defending the NWA World Heavyweight Championship in a rematch against Nikita Koloff!!

"Adorable" Adrian Adonis w/Percy Pringle will be in action

The NWA North American Tag Team Champions Bruiser Brody & Stan 'the Lariat' Hansen will defend their titles in a rematch against the Headhunters (Kamala/Botswana Beast) w/Gary Hart & Friday!

MAIN EVENT

MATCH #5:

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes pinned "Freebird" Michael 'P.S' Hayes with an elbow drop as Animal and Hawk kept Gordy/Roberts at bay…

© 1986 Southwest Sports Inc.

BATTLE FOR THE BELTS

Sam Houston Coliseum

Houston, TX

Saturday August 2, 1986

Bell time- 7pm

MAIN EVENT

"Modern Day Warrior"

Kerry Von Erich

Vs.

Killer Khan w/Tojo Yamamoto

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

The Fabulous Freebirds (Gordy/Hayes/Roberts)

Vs.

Dusty Rhodes/The Road Warriors (Animal/Hawk)

w/Paul Ellering

Bruiser Brody/Stan 'the Lariat' Hansen

Vs.

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2)

NWA North American Championship

"Dr. D" David Shultz

Vs.

Jimmy Jack Funk

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship

"Adorable" Adrian Adonis w/Percy Pringle & Ted Arcidi

Vs.

Mr. Olympia

"Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert w/Missy Hyatt

Vs.

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

Mr. Wrestling 2/Mr. Wrestling 3

Vs.

The Great Muta/Kendo Nagasaki

w/Tojo Yamamoto

"Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Missy Hyatt

Vs.

Brutus Beefcake's Mystery Opponent

The Mega Stars (Rod Price/John Tatum)

w/Percival Pringle III & Ted Arcidi

Vs.

Steve Doll/Steve Simpson

BATTLE FOR THE BELTS

Sam Houston Coliseum

Houston, TX

Saturday August 2, 1986

Bell time- 7pm

The Mega Stars (Rod Price/John Tatum) w/Percival Pringle III & Ted Arcidi defeated Steve Doll/Steve Simpson when Tatum pinned Doll with his feet on the ropes

"The Boogie Woogie Man" Jimmy Valiant w/Brutus Beefcake defeated "Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Missy Hyatt with a school boy roll up while Rogers was distracted by Beefcake stopping Hyatt from interfering

Mr. Wrestling 2/Mr. Wrestling 3 defeated The Great Muta/Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto when Wrestling 3 pinned Nagasaki after a running knee lift

"Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert w/Missy Hyatt wrestled "Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda to a 15 minute time limit draw

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship

"Adorable" Adrian Adonis w/Percy Pringle & Ted Arcidi defeated Mr. Olympia with the 'Goodnight Irene' sleeperhold after Arcidi tripped Olympia and when Olympia turned around Adonis locked in the sleeper to retain the Texas Championship

NWA North American Championship

"Dr. D" David Shultz pinned Jimmy Jack Funk after a piledriver

Bruiser Brody/Stan 'the Lariat' Hansen defeated The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) after Hansen pinned Super #1 after hitting him with a lariat

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Dusty Rhodes/The Road Warriors (Animal/Hawk) w/Paul Ellering defeated The Fabulous Freebirds (Gordy/Hayes/Roberts) by DQ when Brody/Hansen hit the ring and attacked the Road Warriors at the 12 minute mark…..the dressing room emptied to break up this brawl…..in the midst of the turmoil Brody/Hansen left with the Warriors World Tag Team title belts

MAIN EVENT

"Modern Day Warrior" Kerry Von Erich w/Kevin Von Erich pinned Killer Khan w/Tojo Yamamoto with the 'Iron Claw'

• GeneJackson95 changed the title to World Class Championship Wrestling July/August 1986