Pro Wrestling Only

Match Discussion Archive

Loss

To faciliate the building of an awesome and interactive wrestling database, you'll notice a lot of changes and expansion on this section of the board. One of those changes includes new topics requiring admin approval. 

To be clear, I don't want people to submit less new topics or feel discouraged. In fact, it's more encouraged than ever, and you should consider yourselves hugely helpful (and appreciated) for building an amazing resource. It's solely so that I can ensure consistent naming conventions on thread titles and that the infrastructure around the thread (an accompanying place to discuss the full show, the wrestlers, etc) is in place before it goes up.

I want to approve any new topics quickly, so if you ever have one in limbo, please contact me so I can make sure I saw it. I think I have it set up properly that I'll be notified of any awaiting approval, but just in case there's delay, definitely let me know.

All of this looks great and I'm pretty pumped to dive in and look at things more in depth.  One thought that's probably already crossed your mind -- with all of these additional sub folders and threads that people will be going back & forth between, it'd be great to get page loads closer to prior speeds to allow for easier navigation.

6 hours ago, ohtani's jacket said:

Is there a reason why the date comes first? I'm so used match/promotion/date that it hurts my tiny brain. When it shows the latest post I'm not sure if I want to check the match based on a date. 

So the default sort of the folders can be chronological. 

12 hours ago, WingedEagle said:

All of this looks great and I'm pretty pumped to dive in and look at things more in depth.  One thought that's probably already crossed your mind -- with all of these additional sub folders and threads that people will be going back & forth between, it'd be great to get page loads closer to prior speeds to allow for easier navigation.

Yes. This will help with that goal because it allows me to reuse a lot of content and thus clear out a lot of junk.

22 hours ago, Loss said:

So the default sort of the folders can be chronological. 

The Destroyer/Toyonobori title thread (2/65) needs to be amended in that case.  A zero is missing from in front of the two throwing it all out of kilter (also not the first thread I've seen missing a zero before the month).