Pro Wrestling Only

General Chatter Thread V2.0

Crazymax Jack

After 80 some odd pages of discussion it looked to be time to create a new General Chatter Thread for easier navigation through current events and issues pertaining to the 1983 Project league. It's okay to create new threads every now and then. :D 

After some recent requests, it's been decided it's time to address a few things to help organize the league and get things trending back into the right direction as we head into the fall of 1986. Let's get back to having FUN around here!

Below I will be addressing a few things I'm sure everyone is curious about. I look forward to everyone getting involved in the chatter!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. First, I wanted to address the recent discussion of some writers leaving the game. As it stands right now, both the WWF (Lowblow) and Lutte (SirEdger) will be staying on in their current territories. Lowblow will also continue on as "NWA President". The territories that have departed include WCCW and the UWF. 

2. Because the UWF and WCCW are now vacant, there rosters are currently frozen. After speaking briefly with Lowblow, I am in agreement with him that both rosters should be frozen for a time of 2 weeks. That should give all current writers time to think it over and decide if they'd like to put in to write for one of these promotions. At which point those interested would receive these territories based on their seniority of tenure writing here in the league. Should one or both of these territories go unclaimed, Lowblow mentioned the idea of a dispersal type draft, but I will leave that up to you as a league to discuss, should the issue arise.

The next two things are all about ORGANIZING and cleaning things up.

3. You may have noticed there's a new "Archives" folder in the Game Station area. That has been placed there to help us clean up the cluttered posts like older Freelance threads, old Japanese booking threads, pretty much anything that isn't currently relevant to the game. That should make everything easier to navigate through for both readers and the writers when trying to deal with the now. I'll be cleaning that stuff up for you guys this week.

4. It has come to my attention that the current rosters and other lists are outdated and inaccurate. I would like to request all currently active 1983 Project writers to please SEND ME YOUR UP TO DATE ROSTERS at your earliest convenience. I will be updating and putting together a new Rosters/Transactions/Free Agents thread for Lowblow or whomever wishes to handle that part of the game. You will have everything in one neat thread all at your fingertips so there's no more jumping from thread to thread to make moves or see who's available for hiring. This new thread will reflect pretty much every other fantasy league online. You will find it a 100 times easier than the current layout. 

Another topic that you guys may wish to discuss or document here is any deals that any current writer has made with either WCCW or UWF about upcoming trades that are set to take place. It's important to have these noted so whoever takes over these territories will know who they can expect to be leaving and coming into their promotion.

6 minutes ago, LowBlowPodcast said:

Only caveat is that Edgar was NWA president... I just helped guide the project in that role. 

Glad we got everything worked out and back to business.

My apologies, Edger is NWA President. Typo on my end! Thanks for the grief.  lol :P 

Well, I'm glad that this is resolved and we can turn a new leaf. I love working with you guys and while, as evidently seen in another part of the Armchair Booking thread there's still another project coming up which I'm beyond thrilled to get started, this project was what brought me to this board in the first place. So I'm looking forward to resume my writing - I have a couple of shows that I'll need to re-shuffle due to catching up and the WCCW & UWF roster freezes but it should be feasible.

I'll start getting back on track next week due to some personal stuff that I also need to take care of ;)

@Crazymax Jack I'll check again which deals I have pending but most of them if not the totality of them is with the AWA and it has yet to kick in. I'll get back to you with an updated roster by Sunday at the latest.

20 minutes ago, awesomemiz said:

It was all done by inbox message

Thanks guys, I thought I was blind or something. If you guys feel the private message way is best that's totally up to you. I was just going to suggest throwing together an itinerary thread. If you guys prefer the PM way that's perfectly fine, it's your league!

I think it would be best served for you Miz to take over UWF for a couple of different reasons. The first being that the NWA World and Tag Champs are in World Class along with a plethora of talent. You would be inheriting a ton more work than you already have which may end up being counter-productive to your ability to A. Post Shows, B. Post Quality Shows, and C. Handle all that talent coming in and out. 

That is my opinion after doing this for roughly 9 years...doesn't mean its perfect but with everything going on it may be best to start with UWF and build that promotion up with the talent that is there and the talent you'd inherit from the World Class draft if it goes that far. 

In regards to deals; I have a number of them that were supposed to go through with World Class but only one of them would be valid with the company folding. That would be sending Dr. D to me for a member of the AWA roster that will come to be on November 1st. If Rain wants to send him to me now, I would acquire Dr. D Dave Schultz and that person from the AWA would then go into the World Class roster for draft.

With UWF folding... I had already sent Wahoo McDaniel back but Big Bubba Rogers will be back in the WWF roster now. 

I announced most of the deal I had with UWF but here's the rest. Ivan Koloff and Ole Anderson were set to come to Mid Atlantic on Oct. 1st. I currently have Tommy Rich on loan and he was set to go back to UWF on Jan. 1st. 

Also, if Miz takes over UWF, he now has King Kong Bundy and Terry Taylor officially on that roster. 

4 hours ago, awesomemiz said:

I would like to officially throw my name into the hat for wccw and should i fail in that then uwf. 

I agree with LowBlow that given the circumstances, UWF is definitely the best fit for you, especially given the fact you're new here. But since you'll now be officially a member of the NWA, it'll be our pleasure to help you out with bookings and everything.

It wasn't a matter of disrespect to you, miz. We recommended for you to take over UWF first because it would've been easier for you to perfect your writing style without giving you the burden of booking massive talents like the NWA World Heavyweight & World Tag Team Champions. But in the end, that's your call.

A few points to make.

I think miz feels like he's being screwed with.  He thought he was going to get the WWF for what, 4 days?  Then things kind of go back and he can't, so he figures on going to WCCW.  And gets told that isn't a good idea.  By the guy who, regardless of the lack of malice, is the reason he won't be taking over the WWF.  And the only person who was even worried about him taking over the WWF was me because I wanted Grimmas to have a shot at it if he wanted it.  Whether or not he was made to feel this way intentionally is besides the point.  And I can't fault him for taking it personally.

Secondly, if you look at the UWF roster it's not exactly small and simple compared to the WCCW roster.  Both have some major, major names that need upkeep while you bring the young guys along.  It may be slightly less complicated than running that WCCW roster, but not near as much as the difference between both and what miz was working with in Portland.

I promise you, we all took a hit dealing with this and would have even if we had known this outcome right as things initially happened.  I understand the concerns brought up and appreciate that they are valid.  Maybe giving miz a shot at WCCW and seeing how it goes isn't the worst idea.  

I have no issue with taking uwf if someone whos been here longer is taking over the bigger promotion but like has been said by dawho all this kicked off i was the only 1 publicly to make it known that i feel up to the challenge of wwf should no1 more deserving step forward then that was taken off the table by low coming back which is great an fully understandable thw wccw an uf came up i did same again then low said he thinks i cant cope with wccw an would rather see it go under instead of giving me a go even if only as trail period. Part of me cant help but take it personally seen as somehing happend which i have no idea about an several people decided to just give in rather than try an come to some sort of compromise which is what seems to have happened. As much as the uwf is promising i thought the point of this was to give everyone a fair shot and in my opinion been more prepared to see a major force end rather than give me a fair shot doesnt seem to be what i thought his was all about. As for wccw having nwa world an tag champs wih respect to the other longer standing nwa memebers i would have been open to trades with them for what some would precive as lesser talent so that the right people get the presitge of those 2 champions.

Guys, I am REALLY trying here, but we're getting back to too many chefs in the kitchen. I have no desire to run the league whatsoever, but while I am in the process of organizing things I need you guys to let me take the reins for a few days until everything is where it should be.

I'm in agreement with dawho 100%. I spoke at length with awesomemiz yesterday and already gave him the go ahead to put his name in for any open territory he so desired. Awesomemiz was made aware of the seniority rules and was willing to take the chance to see if he could get the WCCW. He's willing to lose out on the territory fair and square based on tenure, but I could see where these suggestions made to him sounded a little forceful, which I presume were not the intentions. 

And again, I am asking all ACTIVE writers to PLEASE PM me your updated rosters as they stand today so that I can put together the new Rosters/Transcactions thread. Thanks!

I appreciate that. I was merely stating an opinion. World Class comes with strings is all I meant. If you think you can post shows consistently with it, hell give it a go.

This would be a good time to announce that I will be posting with the WWF until April 1st. We are going to have some more responsibility come around that time. I figure having an end-date will be a good way to focus my writing and with WrestleMania 3 being my last show for the project, I hope to go out with a bang. 

I hope those of you who want to continue after that time can. I am hopeful there will be more writers who come into the mix between now and then to be sustainable. I think with a 7 month window, we can put some good stuff together and keep this thing going. 

I want to publicly say sorry to anyone who took offence to my post earlier in which i quit. I would like to remain in line for a potential shot at writing WCCW or UWF. I will hopefully bring the Portland summer gold TV special within a couple of days (real life permitting).