PROJECT19

Grimmas

Being WCW is perfect.

Unless anyone else wants to join we have

WWE (ColdStone)

WCW (Scarlet)

NJPW (Redneck)

ECW or Canada or SHIMMER (myself)

That's almost a perfect base. I'm willing to switch around if others join up, but let's start planning. Do you think we could start drafting Wednesday or is that too early or should we do it on a Saturday?

As for rules, thoughts on injuries? I say real life, because it just feels right and adds some twists and will lead to some fun returns and such, however we could do some kind of random dice chance option.

Do we want that legacy option as I mentioned above? 

Cards posted with real time seems good.

Roster sizes up to you folks, we draft everybody (wrestlers, announcers, managers, authorties, whatever you want to use) but referees and ring announcer and backstage people are irrelevant.

If this is the whole crew, we can discuss ownership like McMahons to WWE, that stuff is easy.

We can discuss future drafts for other talent or maybe we use a wavier wire. Say someone like a Timothy Thatcher is not drafted, but somebody wants to use him. They can say the want to bring him on and for 24 hours others can also try to claim him. The person who gets him is hire up on the wire, so maybe the waiver wire starts as reverse of the draft order but once you claim someone you go to the bottom?

Any other rules that should be discussed too?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Grimmas said:

I'm willing to switch around if others join up, but let's start planning. Do you think we could start drafting Wednesday or is that too early or should we do it on a Saturday?

As for rules, thoughts on injuries? I say real life, because it just feels right and adds some twists and will lead to some fun returns and such, however we could do some kind of random dice chance option.

We can discuss future drafts for other talent or maybe we use a wavier wire. Say someone like a Timothy Thatcher is not drafted, but somebody wants to use him. They can say the want to bring him on and for 24 hours others can also try to claim him. The person who gets him is hire up on the wire, so maybe the waiver wire starts as reverse of the draft order but once you claim someone you go to the bottom?

I'm happy to start on Wednesday, others might disagree.

I'm torn on injuries because, on the one hand, a lot of the challenge of booking is about how to handle events scuppering your plans but, on the other hand, it would be a little weird for one of your top guys to get a injury from working with x unsafe worker in real life (who isn't on your own roster) or somehow getting a concussion even though you gave them a 97' Sting push. I'd err on the side of random chance, but I appreciate that could be more of pain to implement.

I have no opinion on something like a waiver wire because my instincts are to pick up a full roster in the draft and book with long-term plans, but that idea sounds fine (especially having a reverse order).

Everything sounds good to me. I like the way this is shaping up to be honest.

I don’t really like the real life injuries just cause I think that requires too much work to keep up with and you want people to have free reign. I think that it restricts too much, and would take away. I do like the idea of a random chance though. How you fairly do that is a whole other situation, but the random chance though is the better way to go over being real life injuries.

On 1/5/2019 at 9:55 PM, ColdStone said:

I’m alright with either they both have pros but they both have cons.

This is just my opinion. I say make a huge draft with promotions first and have it where whatever promotion you pick that’s who runs it.

Honestly I would love to be the WWE but the fairest way to have that promotion being ran is to break nxt off and let it be it’s own promotion it’s basically ran that way anyways. So that way you another popular promotion to chose from. Also another promotion that could be fun with endless potential is AEW. 

To clarify what I mean for real life injuries, I don't mean somebody has a nagging injury or they miss a house show or something. I'm talking about something like Dean was last year or Roman now, someone who is taken off tv for a long while. A major injury thing.

6 minutes ago, ohheylook said:

Yo Steven it’s Andy - are you still seeking anyone else to join or no? Could do Lucha or US indies or something.

Yeah, we haven't finalized yet. What are you thinking, it's looking like we have: 

WWE
WCW

NJPW
UWF

plus either ECW, a Canadian or women's promotion or an indie for me or a los angeles lucha promotion.

What are you thinking exactly?

A modern ECW would be fun and maybe ideal for me. I could definitely do modern Lucha, but I’m not gonna book 4 CMLL shows a week. So once a week and maybe 1 ppv a month is ideal. 

I think it’s important to have some sort of NA “indie” but once a month shows is a little bit too infrequent. 

One thing that would be cool to think about too is talent shares/inter promotional stuff down the road. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Redneck said:

Will Japan promotions be able to draft Americans?

I don't see why not. I would just remind them that they are Japanese promotions and they shouldn't have a mostly American roster. Same with American promotions drafting Japanese folks. 

Should we set some parameters on who is available to draft? 

Like must have worked X number of matches in 2018, etc?

I also am not necessarily for following injuries in real life, but i bet we could be use an online randomizer app with our rosters and have injuries occur. Like a 3 columned “wrestler/body part/time gone” randomizer we run every so often? Idk

I don't think we need a cap, I think we are all smart enough to know. Look at the WWE, NJPW, AJPW, and look at their rosters. You know what is too much for gaijins. I think we can leave it up to our own discretion.

I think available to draft is anybody not retired, but be smart. Don't draft someone like Konnan and have him wrestle each week. We know where he is at in his career.

Upon reflection I think I am going with AAA, but the AAA that ran LA in 1993.

As for injuries, I don't know. For people against real life injuries what do you think of using Roman Reigns? What is the argument against using real life major injuries? If it's because it will screw up your plans, why do you want a random injury system then? I'm not understanding the argument to be honest. I'm cool with whatever we decide and not trying to be dismissive, I'm just having trouble grasping. What is the argument against real world injuries (like just major ones, not someone skipping one show)?

1 minute ago, Grimmas said:

As for injuries, I don't know. For people against real life injuries what do you think of using Roman Reigns? What is the argument against using real life major injuries? If it's because it will screw up your plans, why do you want a random injury system then? I'm not understanding the argument to be honest. I'm cool with whatever we decide and not trying to be dismissive, I'm just having trouble grasping. What is the argument against real world injuries (like just major ones, not someone skipping one show)?

The only real issue I have with real life injuries is that, since we're already going with a draft it would feel a little off to replicate real worker injuries. That's it really, just an intangible weirdness. I'd prefer random, but I'm not dead set against it. Would it apply to other real world absences? Let's say one of the underused midcard guys in WWE decides to just quit the business, what if a player is using him a far more prominent position? That's purely hypothetical, and not something we'll have to deal with (presumably) - but it underlies the weirdness.

Like, if this were 1999, I think it would be fair to say someone could give Owen Hart a great multi-year run.

As for Roman, I'd say no. If the premise of the game is that we're starting in January 2019, then his diagnosis is already a said and done thing. If we are going to use real life injuries, though, how would we replicate Roman's return?

Just to modify, I would say if they are injured on TV then you have till your next TV to give them an injury. If on PPV you have to give the injury on the PPV. If on a house show you can right them out in an angle on TV. That would give you time to plan, so it's not like injured means you are screwed immediately, but you have time to react.

The argument is to make it a truly fantasy scenario I suppose, like a video game. Doesn’t matter to me. (But also make it difficult with an injury generator but doesn’t matter).

i think we can do the real world ones, we can populate a small list of people who on on the shelf “indefinitely” for now (reigns, shibata, etc )

2 minutes ago, Scarlet-Left said:

The only real issue I have with real life injuries is that, since we're already going with a draft it would feel a little off to replicate real worker injuries. That's it really, just an intangible weirdness. I'd prefer random, but I'm not dead set against it. Would it apply to other real world absences? Let's say one of the underused midcard guys in WWE decides to just quit the business, what if a player is using him a far more prominent position? That's purely hypothetical, and not something we'll have to deal with (presumably) - but it underlies the weirdness.

Like, if this were 1999, I think it would be fair to say someone could give Owen Hart a great multi-year run.

As for Roman, I'd say no. If the premise of the game is that we're starting in January 2019, then his diagnosis is already a said and done thing. If we are going to use real life injuries, though, how would we replicate Roman's return?

Thanks, I get the argument now. If it's fantasy it should be all fantasy.

My pro real life injuries argument is, 1 it is easier to do, randomizing means making up a system, 2 it would feel weird using someone with current dates and times that is severely injured or died. 

I'm not going to die on this hill, but I prefer one for sure and those 2 reasons are my main reasons. Also see my post from a few seconds ago about giving time to deal with the injuries in game.

I would say people who are currently injured would be draftable, just not usable until they return. So you could draft Roman in the hopes he returns and then you get his big return angle. That is how I'd deal with someone currently injured.