Pro Wrestling Only

Pacific Coast Wrestling

rainmakerrtv

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from McArthur Court, Eugene, June 11th

Jerry Lynn vs. Chris Candido

These two young stars had a fast paced and exciting match where Candido prevailed when he caught Lynn coming off the ropes with a side suplex.

Brian Lee vs. Maxx Payne

Once again, Payne was on his own as he gave a good accounting of himself but ultimately went down to a Western Lariat from the Bulldozer.

Stormfront (Al Snow & Alex Porteau) vs. The Destruction Crew

This was a highly competitive tag match between two young teams where the Crew were able to score the victory when Enos hit the Whirlybird (Spinning Crucifix Toss) on Porteau

Owen Hart & Pierre Carl Ouellet vs. Death Sentence (Jimmie Lee & The Hangman)

Death Sentence continued their campaign of mayhem, losing by DQ when Lee clobbered PCO with his shovel

Shinya Hashimoto vs. Masa Fuchi

These two Japanese stars went to war, with Hashimoto coming out on top with a Jumping Spike DDT

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : The Cheetah Kid © vs. Robbie Brookside

The champ did his best to hold off Brookside's challenge until he was attacked by Chris Candido and Steven Regal, leading to a DQ. The three continued their assault until security cleared them off.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portland night 1.

Everybody saw Brookside coming but Regal turning is a real shock.

Rose spends most of the match on the apron only to come in and immediately lose. Classic.

Flyin' Brian is soaring to a TV title shot.

Tenryu takes down the General.

The Midnights are in the tag title hunt, where they belong.

Portland night 2.

Neidhart & Yaysu go to a draw. I feel another round coming.

The Malenko's score one on Footloose.

Mr Backlund with another dirty win. Has he completely abandoned his moral crusade?

Rose runs away with his California title.

The SCS have a new lady-friend who's already proving helpful.

Even without his lady, Haynes proves a game changer.

Eugene.

Candido wins what I'm sure was a technically sound opener.

Payne falls to the Bulldozer. If I were him I'd be wanting a word with Bearer.

The DC prove their still a top team with a win over Stormfront.

Death Sentence just plain don't care.

Hashimoto avenges Burke against Fuchi.

The Knights Templar put a beating on Cheetah Kid to close the show.

Pacific Coast Wrestling is a couple of weeks away from its newest Mega Show, coming from the Salt Palace in Salt Lake City , Utah, home of the Utah Jazz .... Deseret Storm!

(Note : This is not a typo. The State of Deseret (modern pronunciation /ˌdɛzəˈrɛt/ (11px-Loudspeaker.svg.pnglisten),[1] contemporaneously /dɛsrɛt/)[2] was a proposed state of the United States, proposed in 1849 by settlers from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) in Salt Lake City. The provisional state existed for slightly over two years and was never recognized by the United States government. The name derives from the word for "honeybee" in the Book of Mormon. Thank you Wikipedia)

The concept for this show is a bold new one, never before seen in wrestling (Ummm, apart from all of the other territories where it has been seen before ;) ) The Squadron Battle! A single night event consisting of 5 matches where teams of 6 will square off in elimination matches to see whose team will reign supreme! The matches are as follows :

Shinya Hashimoto, Leo Burke, Jim Neidhart, Dustin Rhodes, Dan Severn & Doug Furnas vs. Buddy Rose, The Sin City Superstars (Scotty The Body & Mark Starr) , Genichiro Tenryu, Yoshiaki Yatsu & Masa Fuchi

Tony St. Clair, The Cheetah Kid, Lou Perez, Jerry Lynn & The Footloose vs. Bob Backlund, Chris Candido, Steven Regal, Robbie Brookside, Joe Malenko & Dean Malenko

Bret Hart , Owen Hart, Brian Pillman, Pierre Carl Ouellet, & The Force Of July vs. "Diamond" Timothy Flowers, "Mean" Mike Miller, The Holly Cousins, & Muscle Beach (Rod Price & Tommy Cairo)

The Midnight Express, Vic Steamboat, Brian Christopher, & Stormfront (Al Snow & Alex Porteau) vs. Cactus Jack, Cyrus The Virus, Art Barr, Eddie Guerrero & The Destruction Crew

Curt Hennig, Scott Hall, Brian Lee, Billy Jack Haynes & The Southern Boys vs. Barry Windham, The Undertaker, Maxx Payne, Makhan Singh & Death Sentence (Jimmie Lee & The Hangman)

Jerry Lynn versus Chris Candido in 1988 is a pretty good match up if allowed enough time to work. If not, just wait 10 or so years.

Cheetah Kid's time might be getting closer to running out. One-on-one, he's held off all challenges but 3-on-1, he isn't going to last too much longer with the belt.

Wow! You got me on the Regal turn. Did NOT see that coming. However, I am looking forward to watching British Steel under Backlund's tutelage. 

Dustin shoots up the ranks after pinning CA Champ Rose.

Hart and Pillman work well together and now Pillman is once again a title contender. 

Jeez, the Blood Syndicate is on the verge of dominating Pacific.

A Midnight's/Wild Things program is going to be off the charts. 

Portland,

You know you're in for a good night when Anvil and Yoshi kick things off with 15 minutes of hard hitting action. 

Malenko's get a big win over Footloose. I really think the Malenko's needed this one. 

Backlund gets a little dirty to defeat a game Perez. 

LOL, Rose reminds me of Zbyszko in a way. Both men are masters of the stalling game and it usually works. 

OH YEA! Tina Ferrari has arrived. Her and the SCS will be magic. 

Rock'n 6 man tag to end the night and what a visual of Billy Jack powerslamming Singh. 

Eugene,

Candido and Lynn fire the crowd up in another great LHW showcase.

Lee puts down a fighting Payne. With direction from a different source, Payne could make waves again.

I was always fond of the Destruction Crew. Impressive win.

One thing's for sure, Death Sentence isn't afraid to use any kind of weapon. 

A little different ending to the LHW title bout with a 3 on 1 beatdown. I'm sure Cheetah can round up some help. 

Props to you on the Deseret play on words. Very creative. No doubt about it, there's a storm coming! 

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Oakland Alameda County Arena, Oakland, on ESPN / TSN, June 16th

Dustin Rhodes vs. Rod Price

Dustin Rhodes (Character) - Giant BombHandsome Stranger vs Rod Price - YouTube

Last week, "Playboy" Buddy Rose got a real scare last week from young Dustin Rhodes. First, "The Natural" pinned him in a six man tag match, and the next evening, Rose had to resort to slugging him with the California Title Belt to get out of the match with his title intact. This week, Rose sent out one of his minions in the form of one half of Muscle Beach to take Rhodes out of contention. The California Stud did everything he could to break down Rhodes, and certainly was able to do some damage. But Rhodes was fired up and rallied to hit a running Bulldog Headlock to win the match. Rhodes has the Playboy in his sights and won't be satisfied until he faces him again in the ring.

Brian Lee vs. Makhan Singh

Wrestling With Sin: Route 66 | Ring the Damn BellMike Shaw's career one of many names | Slam Wrestling

In a short period of time , the Neighborhood Of Evil has become one of the most feared factions in PCW, and The Monster has been one of their most dominant members. The big Bulldozer of the Brigade, Brian Lee gave a good accounting of himself in trying to slow Singh down, but the Monster was too much to overcome. Singh crushed him in the corner with an Avalanche , then hit a running splash to put him away for good. The Monster's rampage just keeps on going.

Interview : Don Coss stands in the ring

Coss : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests are constantly the centre of controversy in Pacific Coast Wrestling … the Knights Templar!

The crowd loudly boos as Mr. Bob Backlund leads Chris Candido, Robbie Brookside, and the latest Knight, Steven Regal to the ring.

Bob Backlund (Wrestling) - TV TropesChris Candido - IMDbWilliam Regal – From the Streets of Blackpool to the Ring - Pro Wrestling  StoriesRobbie Brookside - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

Coss : Steven Regal, I am going to start with you . I am shocked by your recent actions. How could you turn on your good friend Tony St. Clair and join up with the Knights Templar?

Regal : Well, that just shows how much you know, Coss. Robbie and I were very young when we came over from England and started working for Pacific Coast Wrestling. We worked hard as a team, we moved our way up the rankings, and eventually, we won the Pacific Tag Titles. We had fulfilled our dreams, but it didn't last long. Not long after, the Midnight Express took the titles back from us, and we fell down the rankings. Loss after loss piled up, and I got frustrated. I started thinking of life beyond the tag team division. I had ambitions. But my so-called friend Tony St. Clair was always in our ear. Think of the team, he kept saying. It got so irritating, I almost took my frustrations out on Robbie. We nearly came to blows. But our heads cleared and we focused on the team. We battled back and won the Golden State Tag Team Titles. We had a good long run, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I still had dreams of being a singles wrestler. Robbie was a good friend, but British Steel had run its course as a tag team. I kept going out of personal pride, but we eventually lost the titles to the Wild Things. Right away , St. Clair was at it again, saying we should stick at it and win back the titles. I looked at Robbie and saw something I hadn't expected to see. I saw him roll his eyes. I spoke with him privately afterwards and found out that he was just as keen to get started as a singles wrestler as I was. But St. Clair didn't want that. I realized that he wanted us to stay as a tag team so he could keep all of the singles title shots to himself. Some friend! Robbie and I understood each other, supported each other's individual ambitions like good friends should. Not long after, Mr. Bob Backlund made his offer and we accepted. He can help us fulfill our ambitions, and we will help him with his.

Coss : Bob, err, Mr. Bob Backlund, I hope you are proud of yourself. You have come between friends, and you have gotten dirtier and dirtier with your tactics in every new match. For someone who says they are on a moral crusade, you are showing no hesitation about taking the low road.

Backlund : *glowering at coss* I tried, Coss! I tried! I tried to be nice with people, to set an example. But the plebians of this God forsaken territory wouldn't listen. They just kept on living lives of wickedness, and ignoring my moral crusade. So the time came to get my hands dirty. I tried doing it the Lord's Way, now we are going to do it the bare knuckle way. And I find just the right men to help me in my crusade. If you want to have Knights, you are going to need some British Steel. These men know what it takes to get the job done, and they are going to take any singles title they set their eyes on. And as for Chris … (turns to Chris Candido) Oh, Chris , my Golden Boy. Others have proven themselves unworthy. Al Snow. Jim Neidhart. Louie Spicolli . But you have always been my constant , my shining star. You are destined for greatness, son, and I have absolute faith in you.

Candido : *beaming* Thank you, sir, I promise I won't let you down.

Backlund : You never have, boy, and you never will. The Knights are on a crusade, and we will triumph … by any means necessary !

Shinya Hashimoto vs. Cyrus The Virus

Shinya Hashimoto | Fighter Page | TapologyTHE JACKYL / DON CALLIS WRESTLER 8 X 10 WRESTLING PHOTO WWF | eBay

Speaking of steel, Shinya Hashimoto has swiftly gained a reputation as being as hard as forged iron, dominating the opposition ever since his arrival in PCW. The always devious Cyrus tried his array of tricks and mind games with Hashimoto, but the Japanese star stayed the course and bowled him over with a spinning back heel kick before putting him away with the Leaping Spike DDT. With the forces of chaos seemingly running rampant over PCW, hopefully wrestlers like Hashimoto can hold the line against the tidal wave of evil.

Brian Christopher vs. Cactus Jack

Remembering Brian Christopher... - Classic Memphis Wrestling | FacebookMick Foley on the Cactus Jack character and his unspoken bons with fans -  Sports Illustrated

With Cactus' dastardly ambush of Vic Steamboat a couple of weeks ago, the Wild Things have gone to war with Camp Cornette. James E.'s young protégé Brian Christopher tried his hand in taking down the New Mexico Madman and was able to keep even with Cactus throughout the match. Cactus paid this no mind and eventually dashed out of the ring to grab a ringside chair. Before he could do so, he found himself face to face with Vic Steamboat. The Demon himself clobbered Cactus with the chair, leading to a DQ win for Cactus Jack. It looked like Steamboat might take another shot, but Art Barr and Eddie Guerrero rushed out, swiftly followed by Stan Lane and Bobby Eaton, who backed up their manager and colleagues. Barr and Guerrero settled for carrying their leader out of the fray, but you can bet that nothing else was settled and won't be for some time.

Submission Title Match : Dan Severn © vs. Maxx Payne

Dan Severn (Page 1) - Line.17QQ.comMaxx Payne

Big Maxx Payne has been on something of a decline lately, seemingly having lost the support of his manager and his Neighborhood Of Evil comrades. He went into this Submission Title match alone and actually gave a very good accounting of himself. He surprisingly showed considerable wrestling acumen beneath the rough and tumble exterior, managing some impressive takedowns and doing well against Severn on the mat. He came close on a few occasions of sinking in the Payne Killer, but the champ was savvy enough to escape. Payne tried to take Severn over with a backdrop suplex, but Severn was able to counter and sink in a Guillotine Sleeper to force Payne to tap out. Severn immediately released the hold when the bell rang, helping Payne up and slapping his palm in respect.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Cow Palace , San Francisco,  on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN, June 17th

Lou Perez vs. Steven Regal

The newest recruit to the Knights Templar managed to outlast the submission attempts from the Ladies Man and force him to tap out to the Regal Stretch.

Owen Hart vs. Genichiro Tenryu

The youngest of the Hart Brothers fought an heroic battle against the human threshing machine that is Tenryu, but the leader of the Blood Syndicate knocked him out with an Enzuigiri.

Brian Pillman vs. Bob Holly

With his sights now set on "Diamond" Timothy Flowers' Television Title, Flyin' Brian did battle with another of the Diamond Exchange in the always feisty Bob Holly and was able to score the victory with the Air Pillman.

The Footloose vs. Joe & Dean Malenko

In what has become one of the hottest rivalries in Pacific Coast Wrestling, these two teams put on a wrestling clinic and fought to a 20 minute Time Limit Draw.

California Title Match : Buddy Rose © vs. Leo Burke

After the scare he got last week from Dustin Rhodes, the Playboy was taking no chances this week, waiting until the ref was knocked down for Tina Ferrari to pass him a set of brass knucks. He used them to KO Burke for the dirty win.

Bret Hart vs. "Mean" Mike Miller

Miller showed his worth as the enforcer of the Diamond Exchange, having a grim and gritty slugfest with the Hitman that wound up going to a double DQ decision.

Barry Windham & The Undertaker vs. Curt Hennig & Scott Hall

Windham and Undertaker clotheslined Hennig out of the ring, but the Minnesota native took a bad fall as he landed. Hennig seemed to have hurt his knee, clutching it on the ground and was unable to make it back in the ring in time, giving the Neighborhood Of Evil a win by Countout.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Selland Arena, Fresno, June 18th

Jim Neidhart vs. Masa Fuchi

The Anvil's unbeaten streak in his hometown of Fresno was really put to the test by Masa Fuchi, but Neidhart was able to gut it out and force Fuchi to give up to the Avilizer (modified Cobra Clutch)

Jerry Lynn vs. Robbie Brookside

These two had a fast paced match that went to Brookside when he pinned Lynn with a Northern Lights Suplex

Brian Lee, Lou Perez & Billy Jack Haynes vs. Makhan Singh & Death Sentence (Jimmie Lee & The Hangman)

This was a furious brawl that Billy Jack was able to pull out for his team when he hit the Shoulder Breaker on Jimmie Lee

The Southern Boys & Storm Front (Al Snow & Alex Porteau) vs. The Sin City Superstars (Scotty The Body & Mark Starr) & Muscle Beach (Rod Price & Tommy Cairo)

With four men to protect and keep an eye out for her, Sunshine was still wary in this match, with Tina Ferrari glaring at her from across the ring. Her team was still able to emerge victorious, with Porteau catching Cairo in a takeover suplex to score the pinfall.

Pierre Carl Ouellet vs. Bob Backlund

PCO was able to fight his way out of numerous attempts to procure the Cross Face Chicken Wing, only to get pinned with the Backlund Bridge

The Force Of July (The Patriot & The Eagle) vs. The Destruction Crew

A hard hitting match between two athletic young teams that went the way of the FOJ when the Eagle was able to hit the Screaming Eagle (top rope missile dropkick) on Enos

Pacific Television Title Match : "Diamond" Timothy Flowers © vs. Doug Furnas

The big Oklahoman proved a fearsome challenger for Flowers, but the champ was able to use trickery, luring Furnas into the ropes then catching him in a rollup assisted by a fistful of trunks as well as both feet on the ropes, stealing the victory.

Oakland.

Price is the first of Rose's minions to fall to the Natural.

The Monster scraps The Bulldozer.

I gotta say, Regal gives a pretty rational justification for his & Robbie's actions. Really like you tying in their previous frustrations. Mr Backlund on the other hand has just plain had enough. Candido gets promoted to golden boy! Good for him.

Hashimoto has too strong an immune system.

Cactus tries to play rough with Christopher but Steamboat gives him a taste of his own medicine.

Dan Severn just showed Payne more respect after their match than Paul Bearer has in weeks.

San Francisco.

Regal's singles run is off to a good start.

Owen feels the wrath of Tenryu.

Pillman flys to a win over Bob Holly.

Footloose and The Malenko Brothers have another classic.

Ferrari helps the Playboy hold onto the gold.

Miller drags Hart into the gutter.

A potential Hennig injury hands the NoE a win.

Fresno.

Neidhart's hometown hotstreak continues.

Brookside gets his own successful start to his singles career.

Haynes finds two tough partners to take down Bearer's trio of madmen.

Sunshine's fear doesn't hinder her men in a 8 man tag.

Mr Backlund has to dig deep to get past PCO.

The Force overcome a struggling DC.

Flowers gets dirty to ward off Furnas.

I am loving this push of Neidhart... he has a tremendous upside that was never really found in his WWF days. I hope to see him get that here but I know he's got some heavy competition!

"Barry Windham & The Undertaker vs. Curt Hennig & Scott Hall"

This is great for so many different reasons... obviously you've fast forwarded Taker a bit... but in this light he is with some big guns and they can all make him shine.

Looks like Dustin is on the road to Rose. 

I'm really loving Makhan's monster push. 

Once again, great job with the continuity. Not sure if those were St. Clair's motives but I thought Regal explained his side of the story pretty well. I think we're going to see a Knights resurgence. 

Hashimoto has already become a serious force on PCW.

The Demon is back! Him and Cactus are going to tear it up. 

It's a pretty big deal if Severn gives his respect. Payne might have found a new ally. 

Cow Palace,

Regal's single's run starts off on the right track. Only a matter of time before he meets St. Clair. 

Tenryu gets a decisive win over a game Owen. 

Can't wait for a Pillman/Flowers program. 

I can watch the Malenkos and Footloose go at it forever. Talk about some tag team classics. 

Rose always finds a way to win. Having Tina in his corner definitely helps. 

We all know Bret isn't afraid to fight. Miller gives him just that. 

Oh no, just as Hall recovers from his injury, Hennig takes a bad fall. 

Fresno,

It might be time to give Anvil a title shot in Fresno. 

Just like Regal, Brookside is adapting well to solo action. 

Haynes is giving the NOE some problems. 

Southern Boys and Stormfront take down the Playboy Club. 

Backlund goes to plan B to beat Pierre. 

The FOJ has rapidly got back in title contention. 

Flowers is a master at heel tactics. He looks so smooth breaking the rules. 

Pacific Coast Wrestling Deseret Storm from the Salt Palace, Salt Lake City

Shinya Hashimoto, Leo Burke, Jim Neidhart, Dustin Rhodes, Dan Severn & Doug Furnas vs. Buddy Rose, The Sin City Superstars (Scotty The Body & Mark Starr) , Genichiro Tenryu, Yoshiaki Yatsu & Masa Fuchi

Shinya Hashimoto | Fighter Page | TapologyThe Faces & Heels of Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling 1977-1987 - DarkOct02Jim The Anvil Neidhart Arrested and Other Wrestlers Gone Wild | Bleacher  Report | Latest News, Videos and HighlightsDustin Rhodes (Character) - Giant BombDan Severn (Page 1) - Line.17QQ.comDoug Furnas - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

image.jpeg.1fe511b9555a882f12fbacf5e2a5c6be.jpegتويتر \ Rasslin' History 101 على تويتر: "A hot young prospect down in  Portland:Scotty the Body.1990 https://t.co/NhzMQiNCvm"Mark Starr - WikipediaGenichiro Tenryu was quite the handsome man in his younger days. :  r/SquaredCircleYoshiaki Yatsu - Alchetron, The Free Social EncyclopediaMasanobu Fuchi No.44 Pro-Wrestling BBM 1996 Fight magazine card Japan  Vintage | eBay

From the home of the Utah Jazz, PCW brings a brand new Mega Show with a band new concept. Buddy Rose has had no shortage of enemies for himself and the Playboy Club, so he has brought in some considerable reinforcement in the form of the terrifying Blood Syndicate. They were still facing some fierce opposition in a team made up of members of the Army and the Citadel, as well as the Anvil and the Natural. It was the Syndicate who, appropriately, drew first blood, taking down Burke with an enzuigiri from Tenryu. But their opponents quickly rallied. Severn and Fuchi had a duel of matwork, and while Fuchi came close to trapping the Beast in submission holds several times, Severn was the one who was able to lock in a Waikgatame (Fujiwara arm bar) to force him to tap out of the match. Starr quickly entered the match, taking advantage of an exhausted Severn. He very nearly trapped him in the Heel Hook, but Severn was just barely able to escape and was able to tag in a fresh Doug Furnas. Starr did what he could but Furnas overpowered him, hoisting him up in the Volunteer Slam (running Canadian Backbreaker into the corner) to eliminate the Sin City Superstar. It was then that Tenryu and Yatsu got to work. They did a real number on Furnas, taking him apart with cold precision. Furnas was till able to summon the wherewithal to kick out, and even when he was nearing the end of his rope, his partners were able to break up the pin. It seemed like Yatsu had him dead to rights when Furnas summoned a burst of energy and dove back to his corner, tagging in Jim Neidhart. The Anvil charged in like a mad bull and, with no thought to his own self preservation, torpedoed right into Yatsu, knocking them both out of the ring. They fell hard outside the ring and were both counted out. Rose, sensing the match slipping away from his team, ordered Scotty The Body into the match. Scotty gave him an "Are you kidding me?" look but gamely went at it with Hashimoto. He gave a good accounting of himself but could not hold off the Jumping Spike DDT. It was now four against two and Rose had Tenryu get in the ring. The Japanese star held his own but even he needed some respite. However, every time he went to his corner, Rose told him to keep going. This eventually got to be too much for Tenryu, who gave a long appraising look to Rose, smirked, then walked out of the ring, heading towards the locker room . The panic truly set in for the Playboy, with a recovered Furnas slingshotting him into the ring and the other wrestlers bouncing him around like a pinball. Rhodes put him down for good with a running Bulldog headlock, giving his team the first win for the first ever Deseret Storm.

Survivors : Shinya Hashimoto , Dustin Rhodes, Dan Severn and Doug Furnas

Tony St. Clair, The Cheetah Kid, Lou Perez, Jerry Lynn & The Footloose vs. Bob Backlund, Chris Candido, Steven Regal, Robbie Brookside, Joe Malenko & Dean Malenko

Exclusive Tony St Clair Interview by Seconds Away-British Wrestling Podcast  then and now • A podcast on Anchor Rasslin' History 101 on Twitter: "The late Ted Petty(the future Rocco Rock)  as the masked Cheetah Kid,circa-1990.Cheetah Kid was one of the best  high-flyers on the independent circuit for years before findingLou Perez – Online World of WrestlingHelp Wanted! Job Opportunities: Jerry Lynn | Ring the Damn BellFootlose (Samson Fuyuki & Toshiaki Kawada) vs. Shinichi Nakano & Shunji  Takano from 1988 | Views from the Hawke's NestBob Backlund (Wrestling) - TV Tropes

Chris Candido - IMDbWilliam Regal – From the Streets of Blackpool to the Ring - Pro Wrestling  StoriesRobbie Brookside - Alchetron, The Free Social EncyclopediaThe Malenko Brothers – Online World of Wrestling

After something of a down period, the newly ruthless Knights Templar are on a bit of a resurgence with the addition of Regal and Brookside. Their former friend Tony St. Clair was out for revenge and had assembled quite a team to go after the nights. Much of the early action was a duel between the Footloose and the Malenkos. The Malenkos were able to get the first elimination , with Joe pinning Fuyuki with a German Suplex, but Kawada was able to take out Joe with a Power Bomb. Dean and Kawada had a long and intense battle that finally went to Dean, executing a Brainbuster to score the pinfall. Jerry Lynn was able to capitalize on Dean's exhausted state and hit a Package Piledriver to take him out of the match, then found himself face to face with Chris Candido. The two young stars had a ferocious battle that went to Candido with the New Jersey Jam. The leader of the Knights then entered the fray, having a showdown of attempted submission holds with Lou Perez. Perez was able to fight Backlund to a standstill, so once again Backlund took the low road with a nasty eye gouge to set up the Backlund Bridge. The Cheetah Kid came into the match, and Brookside was eager to take on the Light Heavyweight champ. The two had a very intense exchange, and it looked like the masked man would prevail. He had Brookside set up for a DDT, but with incredible quickness, Brookside countered with a Northern Lights Suplex and got the one two three. This left St. Clair on his own against all four Knights, and while he put in an heroic effort, the numbers were too much. Regal locked him in the Regal Stretch, and while St. Clair refused to give in for as long as he could, he eventually passed out in the hold. The Knights Templar are back with a vengeance.

Survivors : Bob Backlund, Chris Candido, Steven Regal & Robbie Brookside

Bret Hart , Owen Hart, Brian Pillman, Pierre Carl Ouellet, & The Force Of July vs. "Diamond" Timothy Flowers, "Mean" Mike Miller, The Holly Cousins, & Muscle Beach (Rod Price & Tommy Cairo)

Bret "The Hitman" Hart - An Evening with the WWE Wrestling Legend -  Tidemark Theatre20 Years Ago Today: The Life and Death of Owen HartAnything Wrestling - 22 Years Later: October 5th, 1997 - WattpadBlogue de PIERRE-CARL-OUELLET - Blog de PIERRE-CARL-OUELLET - Skyrock.comWell That Didn't work: The Patriot | Ring the Damn BellProWresBlog: All Japan Pro Wrestling 2/25/1993 - Kenta Kobashi and Tsuyoshi  Kikuchi vs The Patriot and The Eagle

Diamond Timothy Flowers transitions to Streetfighter | Slam WrestlingMike Miller – Online World of WrestlingPin on WWF..back in the day

Handsome Stranger vs Rod Price - YouTubeERN Presents W.A.R.-Wrestling Authority Radio-Special Guest- Tommy Cairo  05/28 by Evolution Radio Network | Wrestling

The Snowbirds and the Force Of July looked on paper like a dream team going into the match, and once the match started, they were just as good if not better. The Force took on Muscle Beach and were able to dispatch the fighting narcissists, Patriot taking out Price with the Uncle Slam and the Eagle eliminating Cairo with the Screaming Eagle (top rope missile dropkick). The Hollys sprang into action, having a wild fray with Owen and PCO. There were plentiful near falls for both sides, but the Canadians came out on top with a Cannonball Splash from PCO on Bob and a belly to belly suplex from Owen to eliminate Crash. A down and dirty scrap between Bret and "Mean" Mike came close to taking out the Hitman, but Bret was able to pin Miller with a Schoolboy Rollup. This left Flowers on his own against all six men. Unlike his friend Buddy Rose, the leader of the Diamond Exchange was not intimidated , daring the opposition to come at it. Fair play to Flowers, he held out for a long time and made his opponents pay some considerable dues before Flyin' Brian hit him with the Air Pillman to put an end to the match. A convincing victory for the Dream Team.

Survivors : Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Pierre Carl Ouellet, Brian Pillman & The Force Of July (The Patriot and the Eagle)

The Midnight Express, Vic Steamboat, Brian Christopher, & Stormfront (Al Snow & Alex Porteau) vs. Cactus Jack, Cyrus The Virus, Art Barr, Eddie Guerrero & The Destruction Crew

Bobby Eaton dead at 62: Tributes paid to wrestling legend who was one half  of iconic The Midnight Express tag-team | The US SunVic Steamboat – Online World of WrestlingRemembering Brian Christopher... - Classic Memphis Wrestling | FacebookLeif Cassidy | Ring the Damn Bellimage.jpeg.2899852a305fa06798d1ec416bc14978.jpegMick Foley on the Cactus Jack character and his unspoken bons with fans -  Sports IllustratedTHE JACKYL / DON CALLIS WRESTLER 8 X 10 WRESTLING PHOTO WWF | eBayArt Barr Death - Wrestler DeathsDestruction Crew | Pro wrestling, Wrestling wwe, Wrestling superstars

Camp Cornette have quickly gotten embroiled in a heated feud with the Wild Things, and the presence of their hated foes The Destruction Crew added more fuel to the fire. Things got to a crazy start right off the bat, with Steamboat and Cactus having an out of control brawl that swiftly spilled out of the ring. Both men were counted out, taking them out of the match right off the bat, but they kept going at it until security forced them apart. The Destruction Crew showed why they have quickly gained a reputation as a tag team on the rise, eliminating Snow with the Wrecking Ball. Porteau was able to get some revenge with a side suplex to pin Enos, but Bloom soon took him out of the match with a Butterfly Suplex. Bloom should have kept his eye out, though, as Bobby Eaton rushed in to hit a swinging neckbreaker to even the sides. It was now Christopher and the Midnights against three of the Wild Things. Christopher and Cyrus went at it with Cyrus devious cunning matched up against the manic energy of Christopher. Cyrus came close to pinning him on several occasions, but Cornette steadied down his young pupil and Christopher lured him into the Chris Cross (Full Nelson Facebuster) for the pinfall. Christopher then let his partners go at it with Barr and Guerrero. The Wild Things seemed caught at a disadvantage, being unsure what to do with a team just as skilled if not more so at ruthless tactics and subterfuge. Lane caught Barr flat footed with a Savate Kick, then the Express executed the Veg-O-Matic on Eddie to put a bow on the match. Camp Cornette was triumphant, and you can bet that we will be hearing about this from the man with the Tennis Racquet for quite some time.

Survivors : Brian Christopher and the Midnight Express

Curt Hennig, Scott Hall, Brian Lee, Billy Jack Haynes & The Southern Boys vs. Barry Windham, The Undertaker, Maxx Payne, Makhan Singh & Death Sentence (Jimmie Lee & The Hangman)

Hi, My Name is: Mr. Perfect, Curt Hennig - Cageside SeatsThrowback to when Scott Hall had one of the greatest mustaches in all of  pro wrestling. We're all rooting for you, chico! : r/SquaredCircleWrestling With Sin: Route 66 | Ring the Damn BellBilly Jack Haynes (@BJHWrestling) / TwitterRasslin' History 101 on Twitter: "Those "Wild-Eyed Southern Boys":Tracy  Smothers and Steve Armstrong circa late-1980's https://t.co/lWjQI5n5E3" /  TwitterBarry Windham: Profile & Match Listing - Internet Wrestling Database (IWD)How old is The Undertaker, what is the WWE star's real name and will he  fight at WrestleMania 35? | The SunMaxx PayneMike Shaw's career one of many names | Slam Wrestlingimage.jpeg.6beee5449516125935d468dbe40293e8.jpegHangman - Marvel Comics - Harlan Krueger - Werewolf enemy - Profile | Marvel,  Comics, Fantasy garb

The war between the Brigade and the Neighborhood Of Evil continues to rage on, bringing in Billy Jack and the Southern Boys to the fray. It wasn't a good omen for the Brigade that Hennig came in with a bandaged knee, showing that he still hadn't fully recovered from hurting it in the previous week. Nevertheless, he insisted on going first, squaring off with Maxx Payne to open up the match. He did everything he could, but it seemed like his injury was too much to overcome. Payne eventually had him set up for the Payne Threshold (front layout suplex), but it was then that the match took a bit of an odd turn. Makhan Singh ran into the ring and broke it up with a double clothesline before dumping both men over the top rope. Hennig was clutching his knee in agony, and both men were counted out. Hennig had to be helped back to the locker room. It seemed like Payne had been tossed out of the NOE for good , but it was a strange time for him to get his pink slip, right at the start of the match. Regardless, the Neighborhood kept going, and Death Sentence were able to tip the numbers into their team's favour by pinning Armstrong with a Spinal Grinder (Spinebuster Slam) from the Grave Digger. Tracy Smothers avenged his partner with a Jawjacker on the Hangman and the teams were even once more. He was able to get one more pinfall with a running kneelift on Lee, but his luck ran out when Singh crushed him with the Monster Mash (front slam) . It was now down to three on three, and Billy Jack and the Brigade dug in against intimidating opposition. They did what they could, but the Undertaker went on a rampage , taking out Lee with a chokeslam and then double teaming Billy Jack along with Windham. The big Gator Scott Hall was not going down with a fight and when he was able to knock Singh and Windham off the ring apron and clothesline the Undertaker to the mat, the fans got their hopes up that he might just pull off the impossible. Then, out of nowhere, somebody took him down with a top rope dopkick. It was Curt Hennig! Hall's supposed friend was back in the ring, seemingly hale and hearty, and hit him with a Hennig-Plex! The Undertaker then drove Hall down with the Tombstone and that was that. Hennig had clearly cast his lot in with the Neighborhood Of Evil, and the sinister alliance laughed while the fans looked on in shock.

Survivors : Barry Windham, The Undertaker & Makhan Singh

Deseret Storm is here!

I like the visual of Tenryu peacing out and leaving Rose alone.

The Knights Templar stand united in victory. Brookside definitely has a case for a Light Heavyweight Title shot now.

A clean sweep for the Dream Team.

Christopher and the Midnights bring a win to Camp Cornette.

The night ends on a dark note with the NoE standing tall.

Let's see who survives Deseret Storm! 

Rose's antics carry him only so far as Tenryu decides he's had enough. Great way to get the crowd warmed up by having Rose get pinballed all around the ring. How about a 'Rhodes to Rose' tour? LOL 

After that dominating performance, the Knights are officially back on top. Brookside now has a claim for a LHW title shot. I wonder if St. Clair will want more? One thing's for sure, Backlund must be very proud. 

Wow! A clean sweep! I'll give Flowers credit; he did go out like a true champ. 

I said Backlund must be proud, same goes for Cornette. His camp looked solid. I'm thinking the Midnights are next for the Wild Things. 

The main event gives us quite the swerve. I wasn't to surprised about Payne but was shocked at Hennig. Hennig has gone to the dark side. Damn, just look at the NOE stable. 

I really enjoyed this unique event. Very well written. 

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Victoria Memorial Arena, Victoria, on ESPN / TSN, June 30th

Tournament Of Lions Round 1 : Brian Pillman vs. Art Barr

Anything Wrestling - 22 Years Later: October 5th, 1997 - WattpadArt Barr aka Love Machine | Pro wrestling, Detroit news, Wrestling

Hot on the heels of Deseret Storm comes another new concept from Pacific Coast Wrestling. With so much talent on the PCW fighting to rise in the ranks, the Tournament Of Lions has been created to give them their own chance to shine. The Tournament will play out on TV over the next few weeks, with the ultimate winner being awarded a substantial prize of $100 000. Enough incentive for hungry young wrestlers to go all out, and the first two competitors certainly rose to the occasion. Pillman is coming off a strong run as the Light Heavyweight champion, and Barr is one half of the Golden State Tag Team champs, and they put on a match worthy of their championship caliber. It was a real nail biter of a match with many close calls, but Flyin' Brian was able to execute the Air Pillman on Barr to get the first win of the tournament.

Tournament Of Lions Round 1 : Brian Christopher vs. Robbie Brookside

Remembering Brian Christopher... - Classic Memphis Wrestling | FacebookRobbie Brookside - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

The second match of the tournament featured two opponents more leaning towards subterfuge then the sweet science. The newly cutthroat Brookside was accompanied by his new leader Mr. Bob Backlund while Christopher was backed up by his mentor James E. Cornette, but they were both content to stay in their respective corners and leave the action to the men in the ring, confident their men had what it took to get the job done. Their confidence was justified as the two did everything in their respective emerging bags of tricks to outsmart each other, but it came down to a pure wrestling move when Christopher went for the Chris Cross (full Nelson facebuster) and Brookside was able to block and counter with the Northern Lights Suplex for the pinfall. An impressive win, but both competitors have a lot to be proud of.

Coss : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests have all of PCW in an uproar … the Neighborhood Of Evil!

The crowd rains down boos as Paul Bearer leads Barry Windham, The Undertaker, Curt Hennig, Makhan Singh, Jimmy Lee and the Hangman to the ring. The fans are especially hostile towards Hennig, who recently betrayed the Brigade to take up residence in the Neighborhood.

Catching up with the WWE's Paul Bearer, a real life mortician, who will  appear in Jackson on Saturday - mlive.comBarry Windham: Profile & Match Listing - Internet Wrestling Database (IWD)How old is The Undertaker, what is the WWE star's real name and will he  fight at WrestleMania 35? | The SunHi, My Name is: Mr. Perfect, Curt Hennig - Cageside SeatsMike Shaw's career one of many names | Slam Wrestlingimage.jpeg.6beee5449516125935d468dbe40293e8.jpegHangman - Marvel Comics - Harlan Krueger - Werewolf enemy - Profile | Marvel,  Comics, Fantasy garb

Coss : Curt Hennig, I will get to you in a moment, but I want to talk with Paul Bearer first. You recently threw Maxx Payne out of the Neighborhood Of Evil in the middle of a match. He has been nothing but loyal to you , but you cast him aside like he was nothing. Why would you do that?

Bearer : He is nothing! He could no longer get the job done and we no longer needed him. Payne? Everyone here can inflict pain better than he can! Who needs Payne when you can have … perfection?

Hennig : That's right, Paul! The Brigade was doing nothing for me, and were no more than a bunch of stumbling rookies and muscleheads getting in my way. I was angry with Barry over the way he took the title from me, but he calmed me down and showed me that I needed to change my focus. I'm no longer going to worry what the fans or those goofballs in the Brigade think is best for me. I moved to the perfect Neighborhood and made the perfect choice for … Mr. Perfect!

Tournament Of Lions Round 1: Toshiaki Kawada vs. Scotty The Body

Toshiaki Kawada (Wrestling) - TV Tropesتويتر \ Rasslin' History 101 على تويتر: "A hot young prospect down in  Portland:Scotty the Body.1990 https://t.co/NhzMQiNCvm"

Both competitors are part of hot young tag teams, with Kawada having taking PCW by storm with the Footloose, while Scotty has gotten his career off to a roaring start by becoming Pacific Tag Team champ as part of the Sin City Superstars. Scotty seemed somewhat taken aback by Kawada's hard hitting Japanese style, but battle back with his own cunning and athleticism. The New Jersey native acquitted himself well until Kawada caught him flat footed with a spin kick that sent him to the mat. Kawada then hit a Power Bomb for the well earned victory.

Tournament Of Champions : Lou Perez vs. Dean Malenko

Lou Perez – Online World of WrestlingDean Malenko: Classic photos | WWE

This was a technical showcase between two men who had been frequent contenders for the Pacific Submission Title. They had a gripping scientific showdown where it took all they had to escape the submission traps set by the other. Perez came ever so close to putting Malenko away for good but Dean's superior experience proved to be the deciding factor as he was able to block an attempted Indian Deathlock and work Perez into a Texas Cloverleaf, forcing the Ladies Man to tap out.

Bret Hart, Owen Hart & Pierre Carl Ouellette vs. "Mean" Mike Miller, Bob Holly & Crash Holly

Bret "The Hitman" Hart - An Evening with the WWE Wrestling Legend -  Tidemark Theatre20 Years Ago Today: The Life and Death of Owen HartBlogue de PIERRE-CARL-OUELLET - Blog de PIERRE-CARL-OUELLET - Skyrock.comMike Miller – Online World of WrestlingPin on WWF..back in the day

Most of the matches this evening have been technically based, the closing match threw all of that out the window. The hatred between the Snowbirds and the Diamond Exchange has reached a fever pitch and that exploded in this match was an out of control brawl. The ref gave the wrestlers a fair amount of leeway but seemed at his wits end throughout. It wound up being PCO who was able to pull it out the win for the Snowbirds, hitting a Cannonball Splash on Crash Holly and scoring the pinfall.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN , July 1st

Pierre Carl Ouellette vs. Bob Holly

Hot on the heels of the six man tag match the night before, PCO went at it with Bob Holly in another fired up effort, once again scoring the win with the Canonball Splash which was a very pleasing Canada Day opener for the Canadian fans.

The Footloose vs. Joe & Dean Malenko

These two teams have had a series of classic tag matches and this was no different, going to the Malenkos with Joe pinning Fuyuki with a German Suplex

Billy Jack Haynes, Lou Perez & Brian Lee vs. Makhan Singh & Death Sentence (Jimmie Lee & the Hangman)

Another down and dirty match between these two sides. Lee was able to pull out the win with the Prime Time Slam on the Hangman, but Billy Jack and Singh kept brawling long after the end of the match, having to be separated by security. Something has got to give between these two.

Dustin Rhodes, The Southern Boys & The Force Of July vs. The Playboy Club (Buddy Rose, Scotty The Body, Mark Starr, Rod Price & Tommy Cairo)

Hard on the heels of the Club's dismal showing at Deseret Storm, the Playboy was not very keen to get directly involved in this match, letting the rest of his men shoulder the brunt of the action. He was particularly keen on letting the men of Muscle Beach keep everyone away from him, which cost his team when the Force Of July hit a thundering double flying shoulder block on Rod Price to win the match. Rose was clearly displeased with Muscle Beach as they left the ring.

Pacific Submission Title Match : Dean Severn © vs. Maxx Payne

Having just been booted from the Neighborhood Of Evil, Payne seemed dejected as he came out to the ring and put in a rather listless effort in the early stages of the match. Severn was having none of it, peppering him with slaps and forearm shots and challenging Payne to come at him. This seemed to wake up Payne, who was much more aggressive for the rest of the match. Severn might have regretted waking the sleeping giant, taking some heavy blows and crushing throws, but weathered out the storm and locked in a half crab to force the submission. After the match, Severn helped Payne to his feet and shook his hand as a show of respect.

Bret Hart vs. Cactus Jack

The co-main event of the evening was a Canada Day special with Canadian favorite Bret Hart facing the always dangerous Cactus Jack. The two had a ferocious fight that went all over ringside as well as in the ring. Bret tried to put Cactus away with a piledriver, but like his old rival PCO in his recent match with "Diamond" Timothy Flowers, the man from Truth Or Consequences would not go down that easily, and it took a second piledriver to keep him down for good.

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Barry Windham © vs. Doug Furnas

Dan Severn was out again in the corner of his Citadel colleague Doug Furnas, who gave Windham a serious challenge and landed some crushing power moves on the champ. Windham seemed to realize that Furnas meant business, battling back hard to defend his title. It was a momentary lapse in concentration that cost Furnas, pulling of a leapfrog only to turn around right into a lightning quick lariat from Windham to give the victory to the champ. After the match, Severn tried to be encouraging, but a sullen Furnas wanted nothing to do with him, walking on his own back to the locker room.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Kelowna Memorial Arena, Kelowna, July 2nd

Jerry Lynn vs. Chris Candido

These two have formed quite a rivalry of late, on this night opening things up with a duel that went to a 15 minute time limit draw.

Bryan Christopher vs. Cyrus The Virus

These two had another skullduggerous battle, with Christopher bouncing back from his defeat a couple of days before to score the victory with the Chris Cross (full Nelson facebuster)

Brian Pillman vs. Crash Holly

Flyin' Brian had a fast paced bout with a game Crash Holly, hitting the Air Pillman for the win

Jim Neidhart vs. Genichiro Tenryu

The Anvil was able to take a lot of hard shots from Tenryu and kept coming back, but was unable to withstand  a Power Bomb that gave the victory to the Japanese warrior

The Midnight Express & Vic Steamboat vs. Cactus Jack, Art Barr & Eddie Guerrero

As could be expected, this was a wild and crazy match, with both sides pulling out all the stops until Eddie tried to sneak attack Eaton, only to get blindsided by a Savate Kick to the head from Lane that turned the match in favor of Camp Cornette

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : The Cheetah Kid © vs. Robbie Brookside

Robbie Brookside has been on a real tear of late, particularly since casting his lot with Mr. Bob Backlund and the Knights Templar. He has given some serious challenges to Cheetah Kid for the Light Heavyweight title, and this match was another intense bout. It looked like it would be another successful defense for the masked man when he got Brookside set up for a power bomb. Then, out of nowhere, Brookside countered and cinched in a small package. One … two … THREE!!! In a shocking result, Brookside had defeated the Cheetah Kid and become the new Light Heavyweight champion!

Victoria.

Pillman & Barr make an exciting start to the Tournament of Lions. Flyin' Brian takes a step closer to the 100k.

Brookside advances the cause of the Knights Templar by advancing in the tournament.

Mr Perfect has finally arrived!

Kawada gets Footloose on Scotty the Body.

The Iceman freezes out the Ladies Man.

PCO & the Hart Brothers crash the Diamond Exchange.

Vancouver.

Two in a row for PCO.

The Malenko/Footloose feud is firing on all cylinders.

Haynes refuses to back down from the Monster.

Rose is disappointed in Muscle Beach's failure to pull his weight.

Payne fails to win the Submission title but perhaps has a new home in The Citadel?

Hart needs two Piledrivers to put down Cactus.

A tough lost to the champ leaves Furnas shaken.

Kelowna.

15 minutes of Lynn and Candido is a great start to any night of wrestling.

Christopher gets his win back against Cyrus.

Crash has a rough ride on Air Pillman.

Tenryu wins a hard-hitting slugfest with Neidhart.

Camp Cornette is a little too tricky for the Wild Things.

Brookside shocks all of Canada by becoming the new Light Heavyweight Champion!

PCW keeps things fresh by featuring the Tournament of Lions. Looking forward to this. Kicking things off with Pillman and Barr was the way to go. 

The heel turn is paying off for Brookside. 

I was wondering when we would see the birth of Mr. Perfect and here we are. I always loved heel Perfect. 

Scotty puts up a fight but Kawada finishes things off in a dominating way. 

Perez has looked good in the submission game, but he was in there with Dean Malenko, enough said. 

The Snowbirds and Diamond Exchange are lighting up Pacific. 

Vancouver,

PCO is really coming through for the Snowbirds.

I can't get enough of the Malenkos/Footloose feud. Keep it coming! 

Another feud I'm getting into is Haynes and Singh. You know you're going to see a fight. 

I have a feeling Muscle Beach is going to get tired of protecting Rose. 

Looks like Severn sees something in Payne that Bearer didn't. 

Even in a losing effort, Cactus looks strong. 

Furnas looks frustrated and we might see an attitude change coming. Windham's lariat can end a match in the blink of an eye. Love his finisher. At this point, Windham is one of the best in the game, if not the best. 

Kelowna,

2 LHW contenders kick things off with an exciting display. 

Christopher continues to rise in the rankings. 

Since losing his LHW title, Pillman has been on a roll. 

Jeez, Tenryu vs. Anvil is another hard hitting match up that's always worth seeing. 

Wild Things better get ready, because the Midnites are coming after their titles. 

WOW! Brookside shocks the PCW world by ending Cheetah Kid's exciting reign. I did say Brookside's heel turn was paying off and this proves it. One thing's for sure, there's a long line of contenders waiting for a shot. 

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Portland Sports Arena, Portland , on ESPN / TSN, July 7th

Tournament Of Lions Round 1: Owen Hart vs. Masanobu Fuchi

20 Years Ago Today: The Life and Death of Owen Hart Masanobu Fuchi No.44 Pro-Wrestling BBM 1996 Fight magazine card Japan  Vintage | eBay

The Tournament Of Lions rolls on with the youngest of the Hart siblings facing the seasoned Japanese veteran. Owen knew he was in for a tough battle, as the Blood Syndicate have been incredibly dominant since arriving in PCW. Knowing of Owen's impressive aerial skills, Fuchi sought to ground him by immediately taking him down to the mat. But Owen had been trained on the mat by his father, the legendary Stu Hart, and was able to keep pace with Fuchi. Fuchi wound up attempting a leglock submission, but Owen was able to block and counter it. It took considerable effort, but Owen was able to get Fuchi in the Sharpshooter, the signature move of his brother Bret. Fuchi held out for as long as he could but eventually had to tap out, and Owen had earned his place in the second round.

Tournament Of Lions Round 1: Jerry Lynn vs. Chris Candido

Help Wanted! Job Opportunities: Jerry Lynn | Ring the Damn BellChris Candido - IMDb

Lynn and Candido have had several thrilling matches on house shows of late, and this one was no different. A true rivalry has sparked between these two emerging stars, and they got the crowd going with their fast paced offense. The two kept trying to one up each other to pull out the victory, but it came down to an attempted Beel Throw by Lynn that was blocked by Candido and countered with a side suplex for the pinfall. An impressive win for Mr. Bob Backlund's favorite son.

Coss : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guest now finds himself a free agent in Pacific Coast Wrestling … Maxx Payne .

Maxx Payne

Payne faces a muted reaction from the crowd as he stalks out to the ring, bearing and incredibly dejected hangdog expression

Coss : Maxx Payne, you recently found yourself kicked out of the Neighborhood Of Evil, at the start of a Squadron Battle Match at Deseret Storm no less. How does that feel?

Payne : Coss, I did everything that the Neighborhood Of Evil asked of me. I faced everyone they told me to face, did my best to do as much damage as I could. It wasn't good enough. I wasn't good enough. Maybe they are right . Maybe I should just give up. Maybe …

Payne is cut off as "Animal" by Def Leppard plays over the arena PA, and Dan Severn, leading Al Snow and Alex Porteau , heads out to the ring.

Dan Severn (Page 1) - Line.17QQ.comLeif Cassidy | Ring the Damn Bellimage.jpeg.2899852a305fa06798d1ec416bc14978.jpeg

Severn : Maxx, I heard what you were saying and feel the need to offer a rebuttal. I saw how they used you. Their enforcer, their dumb muscle. Just some brainless goon to go out and do their dirty work until it was time to dispose of you. * Payne glowers at him * Well, that's is a load of crap! I've faced you in the ring and you have given me some of the toughest matches I have ever competed in. You have a lot of skill, you know what you are doing on the mat and how to get someone to tap out. You are a lot smarter than the Neighborhood think you are … and a lot smarter than you give yourself credit for. Doug Furnas and I recently had a difference of philosophy and there is now an opening in the Citadel. If you let me, I can help you find your true potential and become the complete wrestler that I know you can be. What do you say?

Payne : Dan Severn, I say …. You're on!

Tournament Of Lions Round 1: Al Snow vs. Eddie Guerrero

Leif Cassidy | Ring the Damn BellPin by Maria Mahoney on WTF | Eddie guerrero, Wrestling superstars, Pro  wrestling

The next match of the tournament featured two wrestlers from the highly competitive PCW Tag Team Division, with Snow representing the newly formed duo of Stormfront and Guerrero being one half of the Golden State Tag Team Champs with Art Barr. Snow was certainly not intimidated by Eddie's status as champion, and gave the second generation star as good as he got. But Eddie proved to be just the more cutthroat, blocking an attempted backslide with a vicious backwards low kick and following up with an over the shoulder neckbreaker to move on in the tournament.

Tournament Of Lions Round 1: Vic Steamboat vs. Cyrus The Virus

Vic Steamboat – Online World of WrestlingTHE JACKYL / DON CALLIS WRESTLER 8 X 10 WRESTLING PHOTO WWF | eBay

The first round closes off with a duel between the Demon and the Virus. Steamboat is embroiled in a heated feud with Cyrus' Wild Things leader Cactus Jack and looked to be trying to take out some of his frustrations on the young Canadian. Cyrus tried to fight back with his customary deviousness and subterfuge, but found himself overwhelmed , and Steamboat was able to pin him with the Demon Suplex (Tiger Suplex). On to the second round!

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : Robbie Brookside © vs. The Cheetah Kid

Robbie Brookside - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia Rasslin' History 101 on Twitter: "The late Ted Petty(the future Rocco Rock)  as the masked Cheetah Kid,circa-1990.Cheetah Kid was one of the best  high-flyers on the independent circuit for years before finding

Last week in Kelowna, Robbie Brookside shocked the whole of Pacific Coast Wrestling by taking the Light Heavyweight Title from the Cheetah Kid. A rematch was immediately signed, and the masked man did all he could to try to make Brookside's reign a short one. Brookside had Mr. Bob Backlund in his corner, and the leader of the Knights Templar was ready with support and guidance throughout the match. Cheetah Kid paid no nevermind to Backlund, maintaining a steely focus on trying to regain the title. The momentum of the battle swung back and forth throughout the match, but it looked like it would ultimately tip in favor of Brookside when he got Cheetah Kid set up for the Northern Lights Suplex. Quick as a flash, Kid countered with a small package. One … two … no! Brookside was able to kick out just when it looked like Kid would take back the title the same way he lost it. Brookside pulled Kid up to his feet, but Kid immediately took him down with a lightning quick dropkick. Cheetah Kid then raced up to the top rope and came off with a somersault senton. One … two … THREE!!! The crowd exploded in cheers as the Cheetah Kid once again became Light Heavyweight Champion! Brookside and Backlund protested that it was a fast count, but the ref ignored them and the decision stood. Brookside was clearly upset as he left the ring, but Backlund had his arm around him and was overheard giving him words of encouragement.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Portland Memorial Coliseum , Portland , on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN, July 8th

Jim Neidhart vs. Yoshiaki Yatsu

These two tough as nails warriors had a knock down , drag out fight that spilled over outside the ring, leading to a double count out.

Pierre Carl Ouellet vs. Genichiro Tenryu

Ouellet did the best he could and put up a credible fight, but the leader of the Blood Syndicate ultimately prevailed with a Power Bomb. Can anyone stop Tenryu?

The Force Of July (The Patriot & The Eagle) vs. Muscle Beach (Rod Price & Tommy Cairo)

Looking to prove themselves, Muscle Beach took the low road every chance they could in this match, even bringing a chair into the ring when the ref was knocked down. But the Eagle was able to dropkick the chair into Cairo's face, knocking him to the match. The Patriot then clotheslined Price out of the ring, and when the ref recovered, he made the three count, giving the match to the masked men.

Scott Hall & Lou Perez vs. Barry Windham & Curt Hennig

Hall worked hard to rally the remnants of the Brigade against their former friends, but the team of the Heavyweight Champ and the newly dubbed Mr. Perfect was too much to overcome, with Hennig pinning Perez with the Hennig, errr, Perfect-Plex.

California Title Match : Buddy Rose © vs. Brian Lee

As is his usual operation procedure these days, Rose did everything he could to avoid engaging with the big Bulldozer, and when he did, worked in every underhanded tactic he could. When the ref was knocked down during the match (the PCW refs sure have gotten clumsy lately), he called in Muscle Beach , who came running out with chairs in hand. But Price and Cairo found themselves stymied by the Patriot and the Eagle, who chased them down and prevented them from assisting Rose. In desperation, Rose called out to Tina Ferrari , who tossed him in a pair of brass knucks. Just as he attempted to hit Lee with them, the ref came to and immediately disqualified him. Rose argued with Price and Cairo after the match, eventually telling them to get out of his sight and never come near him again.

Loser Leaves Town Cage Match : Billy Jack Haynes vs. Makhan Singh

After a series of ferocious battles, Billy Jack and the Monster had finally had enough, and it came down to this match where both men would enter a cage and only one would come out still a member of the PCW roster. This was out and out carnage, as both men were battered bloody by the midway point of the match. This was a brutal war of attrition, but Billy Jack was able to gut it out and level Singh with a clothesline before going up top and hitting a flying legdrop to put him away. After and short but impactful run, Makhan Singh was gone from Pacific Coast Wrestling.