Pro Wrestling Only

Pacific Coast Wrestling

rainmakerrtv

Two really good cards here - really enjoyed night one.

Tag tournament under way with some really good match ups to kick it off.

You give some of the younger guys time to show what they could do in Brian Christopher and Lou Perez. Dustin having to face a more seasoned big guy comes out on the short end of the match but shows what his potential future might hold as a superstar in the making.

Good story with Hughes and Steamboat - one day enemies, perhaps the next standing together against a common enemy. Cornette comes out ahead in this one.

Count me in as a fan of the Cheetah Kid picking up the Light Heavy title. Would not be surprised to see more matches against Pillman who now becomes the chaser. Solid division with loads of people now chasing CK.

Night two and more of the tournament, whittling away at the contestants. Could not go wrong with the Southern Boys and the Malenkos in the finals and will admit, I pegged the Malenkos winning.

Happy to see Starr and Scotty pick up the win and tag titles. Way more than enough teams here to compete against them. They really have to watch over their shoulders because the numbers of potential opponents is high.

Great match between Hennig and Windham. The added extra of the injured shoulder keeps Hennig strong in losing and the fans guessing on what might have been IF he were totally healthy?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vegas Vengeance has arrived! Here we go! 

Christopher and Perez are so evenly matched and the draw proves it. 

Dustin shows he has the fire, but Payne brought the pain. 

Owen and PCO have been on a roll and tonight's win should give them a title shot.

Now we get into the tournament with some solid opening round match ups and the semis are set. I still can't believe how stacked this tag division is. 

Oh wow, has Big Cat turned babyface? Very interesting. One thing we all know about Steamboat, is he's quick to forgive and assist a man in need. 

After one of the best chases in the game, the Wild Things have finally dethroned British Steel. What a ride! 

What just happened?!?! Sawyer starts it and Muscle Beach caps Flowers TV title win. Props to Bret for being a fighting champ. 

Another title change as Cheetah Kid pulls it off and beats Pillman in yet another LHW classic. Pillman brought so much attention to this division and I'm sure Cheetah will keep the momentum going. 

Night 2, let's do this! 

Oh yea! Ultimate fan favorites FOJ starts the night with a very crowd pleasing win. BTW, can't wait for another Bret/Buzz match.

The Midnights even things up with Destruction Crew. Could we get another match, please! 

It says a lot when Backlund gives you a handshake. 

Anvil and St. Clair has been a blast and their blow off didn't disappoint. Anvil earned this one. 

Haynes gets a high profile win and should be contending for a title soon. 

Animal vs. Beast was another match I was looking forward to. I'm ok with the finish because I'm ready for more. 

Well, Bulldozer put up a fight but this was Taker's night. RIP Lee. 

Southern Boys and Malenkos survive and go to the finals. 

WOW! The Sin City Superstars rise to the occasion and end Coast to Coast's fun reign. I hope the SCS realize how many teams are lining up for a shot. 

NO Way! Another title change as Rose shows Hall why he's been on top of the Pacific for so long. The man really is a mastermind. 

Southern Boys and Malenkos both deserved to win the tournament. But, there can be only one (well, two) as the Southern Boys take it. I've always loved these guys and this makes me happy. 

Main Event time! Hennig vs. Windham in the cage and man did these guys have their working boots on! Hennig went all out and it took a metal object to bring him down. I really liked that Windham added the Superplex. The visual really seals the deal and puts over Windham in a big way. A heel Windham title run is going to be so awesome. 

Outstanding job! There was literally something for everyone on this show. 

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Victoria Memorial Arena, Victoria, on ESPN / TSN, April 28th 

Brian Christopher vs. Robbie Brookside

Remembering Brian Christopher... - Classic Memphis Wrestling | FacebookThe Wrestling Furnace Picture Gallery

Brian Christopher has really come into his own since taking on James E. Cornette as his mentor. Coming of a strong time limit draw at Vegas Vengeance , Christopher was facing one half of the former Golden State tag champs and was set on continuing his momentum. Brookside proved a formidable opponent, but Christopher was able to hit the Chris Cross (Full Nelson facebuster) for the win. It looks like the sky is the limit for Cornette's young charge.

Interview : Don Coss stands in the ring

Coss : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guest …. Oh, sweet Jesus, no …. Is the new California Champion, "Playboy" Buddy Rose!

Rose is , hard as it might be to believe, even more insufferably smug than usual. With the California Title Belt slung casually over his shoulder, he saunters out to the ring, backed up by Scotty The Body and Mark Starr (who have the Pacific Tag Team Title Belts around their own waists), with Rod Price and Tommy Cairo bringing up the rear.

image.jpeg.1fe511b9555a882f12fbacf5e2a5c6be.jpegتويتر \ Rasslin' History 101 على تويتر: "A hot young prospect down in  Portland:Scotty the Body.1990 https://t.co/NhzMQiNCvm"Mark Starr - WikipediaHandsome Stranger vs Rod Price - YouTubeERN Presents W.A.R.-Wrestling Authority Radio-Special Guest- Tommy Cairo  05/28 by Evolution Radio Network | Wrestling

Coss : Well, Buddy Rose, I guess you feel proud of yourself after what you pulled at Vegas Vengeance.

Rose : HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU IDIOTS GOING TO KEEP FALLING FOR THIS? First Roddy Piper, then Fit Finlay, and now big dumb Scott Hall! Oh no, the Playboy Club has been banned from ringside! Whatever will I do? Hall is a sap if he forgets that the Playboy always has a plan!

Coss : But having "Diamond" Timothy Flowers interfere on your behalf is just plain dirty pool.

Rose : Hey, it's not my fault if I have a lot of friends. Flowers is a good buddy of mine, and we agreed to a little Quid Pro Quo. I scratched his back by having Muscle Beach lend a hand in his TV title match, he scratched mine by helping out with the California Title. The power of Friendship! And power is what we have. I am the California champ, Scotty and Mark are Pacific Tag champs, and as for Rod and Tommy …. Well, let's just say we have something special planned for them . * winks * Face it , folks. I am the King, and the Playboy Club and the Diamond Exchange rule PCW as we should … and there's nothing you can do about it!

Lou Perez vs. Louie Spiccoli

Lou Perez – Online World of WrestlingA Look Back At WWF Superstars - August 29, 1992

Lou Perez has been paying his dues in his short time in PCW, but like his Vegas Vengeance opponent Brian Christopher, he is set on capitalizing on the attention he got from that match to move up the PCW rankings. Spiccoli didn't seem to be concerned with Perez at the start of the match, but it didn't take long for his look of derision to turn to one of alarm. No sooner had the two men locked up than Perez took Spiccoli over in a lightning quick armdrag, and quick as a flash he followed up with a cross armbreaker. Spiccoli was horrified to find himself trapped in the excruciating hold, and wasted no time in tapping out. It looks like the Ladies Man in not going to be taken lightly anymore.

Curtis Hughes vs. Anh-Tuan Bui

Curtis Hughes, your thoughts? | Wrestling Forum 

One of the bigger surprises coming out of Vegas Vengeance was the Big Cat Curtis Hughes parting ways with his manager Ronnie P. Gossett. An even greater surprise was his joining up with James E. Cornette. Cornette looked like the proverbial cat that ate the canary as he led Mr. Hughes out to the ring to utterly dismantle Bui, tossing him about the ring before hitting the Cat's Claw (modified side slam onto the knee) for the win. You can bet that Gossett is going to think twice before messing with Cornette now.

Loser Leaves Town Pacific Tag Team Title Match : Sin City Superstars  (Scotty The Body & Mark Starr) © vs. Coast 2 Coast (John Tatum & Jack Victory)

تويتر \ Rasslin' History 101 على تويتر: "A hot young prospect down in  Portland:Scotty the Body.1990 https://t.co/NhzMQiNCvm"Mark Starr - WikipediaRasslin' History 101 on Twitter: "Two men who began teaming together in the  UWF before going over to World Class Championship Wrestling:Jack Victory  and "Hollywood" John Tatum back in 1987 https://t.co/gCMvLBXaNU" /

At Vegas Vengeance, Coast 2 Coast suffered a heartbreaking loss to the Sin City Superstars, losing the Pacific Tag Team Titles that they had fought so hard to gain. They immediately campaigned for a rematch, which Scotty and Starr granted, but with the stipulation that the losers of the match would be gone from Pacific Coast Wrestling. The new champs were laughing as they came to the ring, taunting Tatum and Victory with the cans of hairspray that had damaged Victory's eyesight a few weeks before. They weren't laughing for long as Coast 2 Coast went after them with a vengeance, dead set on making them pay for taking their titles. They battered Scotty and Starr until Victory had Starr set up for the Victory-Plex. Before he could hit it, Scotty clobbered him in the back of the head with the can of hairspray. Starr executed the Starrburst Suplex (slingshot suplex) on the dazed Victory, and just like that, Coast 2 Coast's time in PCW had come to a close, much to the disappointment of the fans.

Billy Jack Haynes & The Southern Boys vs. Maxx Payne & The Hollywood Vampires (Vampire Warrior & Makhan Singh)

Billy Jack Haynes (@BJHWrestling) / TwitterRasslin' History 101 on Twitter: "Those "Wild-Eyed Southern Boys":Tracy  Smothers and Steve Armstrong circa late-1980's https://t.co/lWjQI5n5E3" /  TwitterMaxx PayneDavid Heath (Wrestling) - TV TropesMike Shaw's career one of many names | Slam Wrestling

The Southern Boys went through the grueling Moondog Lonnie Mayne Memorial Tag Team Tournament and came out on top, earning considerable prestige for doing so. The Hollywood Vampires were still sore over their Semi-Final loss to the Southern Boys, and were looking to get some revenge in this Six Man Tag match. Armstrong and Smothers brought in considerable backup in Billy Jack Haynes, while the Vampires had the always intimidating Maxx Payne on their side. Haynes seemed like he would be the deciding factor for his side when he got Vampire Warrior locked in the Full Nelson. But before he could force the tap out, someone attacked him from behind. It was "Grave Digger" Jimmie Lee! The former member of the Hollywood Vampires clobbered Billy Jack in the back with his shovel, and the ref called for the DQ. Lee, Warrior and Payne kept Armstrong and Smothers out of the ring while Singh went to town on the Oregon native , culminating in a huge running splash. The Southern Boys grabbed some chairs as weapons and fought their way into the ring, but the damage had been done. As the Neighborhood Of Evil bailed out of the ring, Armstrong and Smothers had to watch over Haynes as he was taken out on a stretcher.

Owen Hart & Pierre Carl Ouellet vs. Bob & Crash Holly

20 Years Ago Today: The Life and Death of Owen HartBlogue de PIERRE-CARL-OUELLET - Blog de PIERRE-CARL-OUELLET - Skyrock.comPin on WWF..back in the day

Owen Hart and Pierre Carl Ouellet may make for an unlikely pairing, but they have certainly proved to be an effective one. After their big win at Vegas Vengeance, they would be taking on another hot young team in the Holly Cousins. While Bob and Crash were as feisty as always, Owen and PCO held together, with Owen hitting a reverse flying body press to score the pinfall. The win was even sweeter when it was announced that Owen and PCO would get a Golden State Tag Team Title shot the next night in Vancouver. The Canadian team and their fans were jubilant, although the Cousins were clearly seething at this news.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN , April 29th 

The Golden Guns (Biff Wellington & Jerry Lynn) vs. Muscle Beach (Rod Price & Tommy Cairo)

Muscle Beach overpowered the Guns, pinning Wellington after the Beach Break (stuff Power Bomb)

Vic Steamboat vs. Chris Candido

The Demon scored a hard fought victory over the former Light Heavyweight champion with the Demon Suplex (Tiger Suplex)

The Force Of July (The Patriot & The Eagle) vs. Cactus Jack & Cyrus The Virus

The popular masked duo of the Force Of July hit a double Flying Shoulder Tackle on Cactus Jack for the win

Pacific Television Title Match : "Diamond" Timothy Flowers ©  vs. Steven Regal

Flowers seemed caught off guard by how much of a fight Regal gave him. The young Englishman hit him flat footed with a European uppercut that sent him flying out of the ring . Flowers barely made it back into the ring in time, but trapped Regal with a rollup with his feet on the ropes to steal the win.

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : Art Barr & Eddie Guerrero © vs. Owen Hart & Pierre Carl Ouellet

Hart and Ouellet seemed to have the new champs on the run, when out of nowhere, Rod Price and Tommy Cairo charged into the ring and attacked Barr and Guerrero. Muscle Beach were clearly still sore at the Wild Things having interfered in their own title shot several weeks ago, and sent Barr and Guerrero fleeing from the ring. Hart and Ouellet were clearly disgruntled by the result, but it still stood as a DQ loss for them.

Loser Leaves Town Cage Match : Bret Hart vs. Buzz Sawyer

These two were determined to be rid of each other once and for all, and tore into each other with an incredible ferocity. It wasn't long before both men were bleeding all over the ring. Sawyer eventually got so crazed by fury that he charged at Hart head first, only to collide with the cage wall when Hart ducked out of the ring. Hart drove him down with a Piledriver, then locked him in the Sharpshooter and forced him to submit. One of the most intense feuds in PCW was now in the history books.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Kelowna Memorial Arena, Kelowna, April 30th

The Lethal Weapons (Steve Blackman & Al Snow) vs. The Destruction Crew

The Destruction Crew bowled over the Weapons when they hit the Wrecking Ball on Snow.

Tony St. Clair vs. Bull Pain

A knock down, drag out fight that went to St. Clair with the spinning forearm smash

Doug Furnas vs. Jim Neidhart

These two power houses had a titanic battle that ended when Furnas levelled the Anvil with a mighty lariat

Biff Wellington vs. Gary Albright

Albright crushed Wellington with a takeover suplex on the way to victory

Brian Lee vs. Makhan Singh

The Bulldozer put in a heroic effort, but the Monster proved to be too much to overcome, and Singh hit the Monster Mash (front slam) for the win

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : The Cheetah Kid © vs. Cyrus The Virus

The new Light Heavyweight champ prevailed in his first defense, taking down the devious Cyrus with a Power Bomb.

Victoria.

Christopher's rise since joining Camp Cornette continues.

I love Rose calling his deal with Flowers "the power of friendship".

The Ladies Man unveils a new submission hold.

Hughes wastes no time settling in with Camp Cornette.

SCS' first defense sends Coast 2 Coast out of PCW.

The NoE is stronger than ever with the return of the Gravedigger.

A win over the Holly's nets Owen and PCO a title shot.

Vancouver.

Candido succumbs to the Demon.

The Force get Wild.

Flowers scores his first defense.

Between their win in the opener and the interference in the Golden State Tag Title match, Muscle Beach is definitely hunting for gold.

After a grueling cage match, the Mad Dog is gone.

Kelowna.

The Destruction Crew rebound but Bull Pain isn't as lucky.

Furnas must've had a few new bruises after the match with the Anvil.

Wellington gets caught by the Animal.

The Monster derails the Bulldozer.

Cheetah Kid fends off the Virus.

Hot on the heels of Vegas Vengeance, Pacific Coast Wrestling is coming up on our next Mega Show, Seattle Showdown. We are now able to announce the main events of this 2 Night spectacular.

Night One

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : The Cheetah Kid © vs. Brian Christopher

Night Two

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Barry Windham © vs. Bret Hart

I'm really liking the Christopher story. Cornette's guidance has paid off tremendously. 

Oh man, if the Playboy Club and Diamond Exchange are in cahoots, PCW is in serious trouble. 

Perez is getting some nice shine and that quick win over Spicoli will gain more buzz. 

Cornette has built up a damn good faction, especially with muscle like Big Cat. 

Sad to see them go but Coast to Coast had one heck of a PCW run. 

WOW! Lee returns and Makhan puts Haynes out on a stretcher! This was big! 

Owen and Pierre deserves a shot. With a bit more experience, the Hollys will get their day. 

Vancouver, 

Steamboat is making a name for himself. I'm sure Ricky is proud. 

There are so many awesome teams in PCW, but the FOJ might just be my favorites. I love these guys. 

No matter what, Flowers knows how to pull out the wins. He's a sneaky one. 

It's rare when we see heels get attacked by other heels, but it's so cool to see a shake up. 

Hart and Sawyer was one of my favorite feuds here and it had to end in the cage. Hitman prevails over the Mad Dog! 

Kelowna,

I hope the PCW champs are keeping an eye on the Destruction Crew. 

St. Clair rebounds from his Anvil loss in a big way. 

Speaking of Anvil, I would call his loss to Furnas a minor upset. I would like to see these powerhouses go at it again. 

Poor Wellington. 

Makhan is on a terror right now! 

Cheetah Kid keeps the LHW division rocking as he closes out the night with an exciting win. 

You do an amazing job with talent. I always love picking up guys after their runs here because they've been built up so well. Keep up the great work! 

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Portland Sports Arena, Portland , on ESPN / TSN, May 5th

Brian Christopher vs. Chris Candido

Remembering Brian Christopher... - Classic Memphis Wrestling | Facebook Chris Candido - IMDb

Brian Christopher's star has been on the rise lately, scoring the coveted Pacific Light Heavyweight Title shot in the main event of the first night of Seattle Showdown. Former champion Chris Candido was clearly miffed at this, feeling that the shot should have been his. Candido went all out against Christopher, and it was a down and dirty fight. But it seems like the tutelage of James E. Cornette paid off, with Christopher catching Candido with the Chris Cross (Full Nelson facebuster) for the win.

Brian Lee vs. Brad Virata

Wrestling With Sin: Route 66 | Ring the Damn Bell 

Brian Lee had a tough night at Vegas Vengeance, giving his all in a match against his cousin the Undertaker but ultimately being put away with a Tombstone. Set on proving that he was still worthy of the faith of the fans, the Bulldozer ran right over Virata, devastating him with big slams and throws before polishing him off with the Prime Time Slam. Just goes to show that you can't keep a good man down.

Interview : Don Coss stands in the ring

Coss : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guest have asked for some time on the show to make an announcement … the Army.

The crowd cheers as Dan Severn, Jerry Lynn, Doug Furnas, Steve Blackman and Al Snow head out to the ring. They all have solemn looks on their faces as they join Coss.

Dan Severn (Page 1) - Line.17QQ.com Help Wanted! Job Opportunities: Jerry Lynn | Ring the Damn BellDoug Furnas - Alchetron, The Free Social EncyclopediaWWE cult hero Steve Blackman unrecognizable as former star makes rare  public appearance alongside the Hardy Boys | The US SunLeif Cassidy | Ring the Damn Bell

Coss : Dan Severn, you requested this opportunity to say something. What's on your mind?

Severn : That's, right , Don. As you can see, we are a bit down in numbers. The Army has been going through a bit of a rough time. Jerry , Al and Steve gave a good effort in the Tag Team Tournament, but didn't make it to the finals. Doug showed what a great talent he was against Bob Backlund, but came up just short of the mark. I managed to come out with my Submission Title still in my possession, but wasn't able to decisively beat the Animal. The fact is, I haven't been doing a good job as leader of the Army. I have been split between supporting my guys and defending my title, and haven't given either my full focus. I've been letting the guys down. And, sad though it is to say, this can't go on. The Army as we know it are over.

A gasp comes up from the fans and Don Coss is clearly shocked.

Coss : Good heavens, Dan, what are you saying? Are the Army breaking up?

Severn : Well, Don, I've got someone here who can explain everything.

Severn points to the ring curtain, and the fans look in amazement as out comes … LEO BURKE! The former leader of the Army hadn't been seen in PCW in several months, but was now making a dramatic return.

The Faces & Heels of Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling 1977-1987 - DarkOct02 

Coss : Leo Burke, this is a surprise! We thought we might never see you again in Pacific Coast Wrestling.

Burke : Well, Don , I am as surprised as you are. I thought that my time on the Pacific Coast was done and I was moving on to new opportunities. But I found myself straying from my own personality, gave into temptation and did some things I am not proud of. I took some time out and realized that I needed to get back to what I do best. Dan got in touch with me, and I realized how much I missed my boys. I needed to come home and be the leader and teacher I was meant to be. So we all got together and decided to reorganize.

Severn : That's right, Leo. I am going to be forming my own new group called the Citadel. Doug, Al and Steve will be joining me in this group. We will work together and go to the next level as a team.

Leo : And Jerry will be with me in a new version of the Army. If you think that two men is a bit small for an army, well , let's just say that we have some surprises in store. *winks* Make no mistake, the Army and the Citadel are going to show that PCW is where stars are born!

The Hollywood Vampires (The Vampire Warrior &  Jimmie Lee) vs. Gary Stritesky & Anthony Robinson

David Heath (Wrestling) - TV Tropes image.jpeg.6beee5449516125935d468dbe40293e8.jpeg

After a brief absence, "The Grave Digger" Jimmie Lee is back in the fold of the Neighborhood Of Evil and has returned to his place in the Hollywood Vampires. Lee and the Vampire Warrior showed why they are one of the most dangerous teams in PCW as they full on destroyed Stritesky and Robinson , beating them from pillar to post before polishing off Robinson with their new tag finisher, the Mass Burial (double Elevated DDT). The Neighborhood Of Evil continue to be one of the scariest groups in all of the Pacific Coast.

The Patriot vs. Bob Backlund

Well That Didn't work: The Patriot | Ring the Damn Bell Bob Backlund (Wrestling) - TV Tropes

Backlund was accompanied by his right hand Knight Templar, Jim Neidhart, as he locked up with one half of the Force Of July. Backlund seemed somewhat caught off guard by the Patriot. While the masked man was still fairly inexperienced, he had a considerable amount of strength and natural athleticism on his side, and he got the better of Backlund on a number of exchanges. Backlund wound up going to desperation tactics, attacking the Patriot's mask so that he was unable to see. While the Patriot tried to cover up, Backlund caught him in a rollup, using the ropes for leverage to steal the pin. Neidhart seemed quite perturbed by Backlund's actions, giving him the side eye as they left the ring together.

Pacific Television Title Match : "Diamond" Timothy Flowers © vs. Bret Hart

Diamond Timothy Flowers transitions to Streetfighter | Slam Wrestling Bret "The Hitman" Hart - An Evening with the WWE Wrestling Legend -  Tidemark Theatre

Bret Hart is heading towards Seattle Showdown and a shot at Barry Windham's Pacific Heavyweight Title, but he is determined to go in as Television champ. He was serious about retaking the TV title that he had just lost at Vegas Vengeance, going all out against Flowers. With first Angel Acevedo and then Buzz Sawyer gone from PCW, "Diamond" Tim stood as the last remaining member of the Diamond Exchange, but dug in with all of the skill and guile at his disposal to keep his grip on the title. It was an intense battle, but it seemed like Hart had Flowers on the ropes when someone charged into the ring and attacked him. There was much confusion while the ref called for the DQ, but Flowers joined in on the attack and it was revealed to be … "LETHAL" LARRY CAMERON! Cameron hadn't been seen in PCW in some time, and  before that, had been part of 2 popular tag teams, winning the Tag Titles with Bill Dundee and forming Iron & Steel with Tony Atlas. Now, however, he seemed to be throwing his lot in with the Diamond Exchange, tossing Bret out of the ring and ramming him head first into the ringpost. Hart was bleeding from  the forehead when Owen Hart and Pierre Carl Ouellet ran out to protect him from Flowers and Cameron, who were laughing together as they left the ring. Owen had to help his brother back to the locker room to have his cut be attended to.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Portland Memorial Coliseum , Portland , on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN, May 6th

Al Perez vs. Bob Holly

Perez continued his streak of quick submission wins, forcing Holly to tap out to an Indian Deathlock.

Steve Armstrong vs. Makhan Singh

Armstrong did his best, but was overwhelmed by the Monster, getting caught attempting a running cross body and being crushed by the Monster Mash (front slam).

Leo Burke vs. Louie Spiccoli

Burke had a successful return in his first match back in PCW, defeating Spiccoli with a belly to back suplex.

Scott Hall & Curt Hennig vs.  The Destruction Crew

Hall and Hennig were both coming back after title losses, in Hall's case recovering from a knee injury, and certainly weren't taking it easy on themselves by taking on Ronnie P. Gossett's dynamic young team. After an especially hard hitting match, the Brigade pulled it out when Hall executed the Gator Breaker (Fallaway Slam) on Bloom.

Loser Leaves Town Match : Curtis Hughes vs. Bull Pain

Hughes showed that he was not about to be intimidated by his former colleague , pinning Pain following the Cat's Claw (modified side slam onto the knee) to send him packing from PCW. A rough night for Ronnie P. Gossett.

California Title Match : Buddy Rose © vs. Dustin Rhodes

Rose was clearly taken aback by how much of a challenge Dustin gave to him in this match, back pedaling and stalling through much of it. He was able to block an attempted Bulldog Headlock with a back kick low blow, then hoisted Rhodes out of the ring to get a cheap win by countout.

Submission Title Match : Dan Severn © vs. Dean Malenko

Malenko drew some raised eyebrows when he came out without his usual manager, Gary Hart. The word soon spread among the crowd that the Pride were no longer employing Hart's services. Without Hart looking over his shoulder, Dean still gave a very concerted effort to take the title, coming close to trapping Severn on several occasions before being caught in a Guillotine Sleeper to come just short.

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : The Sin City Superstars (Scotty The Body & Mark Starr) © vs. The Lethal Weapons (Steve Blackman & Al Snow)

Dan Severn was back at ringside to give guidance to the Weapons, who showed their new resolve by taking the champs to a 20 minute time limit draw.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from McArthur Court, Eugene, May 7th

Jerry Lynn vs. Joe Malenko

Lynn gave Joe a real run for his money before being pinned with a German Suplex

Steven Regal vs. Cyrus The Virus

While Cyrus was up to his usual devious tricks in this match, Regal surprised many by pulling a few short cuts of his own before getting the win with the Regal-Plex.

The Eagle vs. Jim Neidhart

The Anvil was looking to bounce back after his loss last week, and while The Eagle gave him a considerable battle, Neidhart was able to catch him with a powerslam to pull out the win.

Doug Furnas vs. Cactus Jack

Speaking of Furnas, he continued his winning ways by defeating the Wild Man of the Wild Things with the Volunteer Slam (running Canadian Backbreaker into the corner)

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : Art Barr & Eddie Guerrero © vs. Owen Hart & Pierre Carl Ouellet

Owen and PCO got a rematch for the Golden State titles and gave it their all, only for Guerrero to sneak in an over the shoulder neckbreaker to keep the titles in the hands of the Wild Things.

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : The Cheetah Kid © vs. Crash Holly

The Cheetah Kid closed out the night with another exciting Light Heavyweight Title Match, holding off the challenge of Crash Holly and defeating him with a Power Bomb.

Portland night 1.

Christopher gets a major win over a former Light Heavyweight champion.

The Bulldozer proves he's still a rising star.

Leo Burke returns to lead the Army while Severn, Blackman, Snow & Furnas break off to form The Citadel. That's a big shakeup.

The og Hollywood Vampires haven't missed a beat.

Mr Backlund's desperate actions have Neidhart questioning his leader.

Larry Hamilton returns meaning The Diamond Exchange doesn't have to close its doors just yet.

Portland night 2.

Perez is really stepping up his submission game.

Singh is really taking to his new singles run.

The General returns with a win.

RPG is probably wishing he left for Alabama when he had the chance.

The Playboy only just escapes The Natural.

The future Iceman gets put on ice by the Beast.

The Lethal Weapons take the new tag champ to the limit.

Finally Eugene.

The Elder Malenko gives Lynn a wrestling lesson.

Regal uses a bit of venom to overcome the Virus.

Neidhart beats the other half of the Force, noticably more cleanly than Mr Backlund.

Furnas stampedes over Cactus.

Eddie & Art retain over the Canadians.

Crash must've made for some scrappy prey.

Christopher is building serious momentum heading into his LHW title match. 

A squash match is always a great way to get a talent back on track. Lee's going to be alright. 

Look at that, Leo Burke is back home! Citadel and the Army sound like they're going to give the heels problems. I agree with Burke, Pacific is the place where stars are born.

The Vampires are back and even more ruthless. 

HMMMM, Backlund is snapping a bit and Anvil noticed. 

Lethal Larry returns and joins up with the Diamond Exchange. I loved writing for him and Atlas, so I can't wait to see what you have planned for Cameron this time around. 

Portland,

Perez is getting over with submission finishes.

Singh is on a monster roll. He's found his place in Pacific. 

Burke's comeback kicks off with a win.

Hall and Hennig could be a solid team here. They already proved it by defeating the Wrecking Crew. 

LOL, Rose gets a win any way he can. 

Severn regains his focus. 

Big moment for the Lethal Weapons as they take the champs to the limit. 

Eugene,

Lynn tried but Malenko's experience was the deciding factor. 

Regal fires with fire and it worked. 

Anvil powers his way to another win. 

Another guy who's been on a roll is Furnas. 

The Wild Things are in full sync. It's going to be hard getting the straps off these guys. 

Cheetah Kid proves he belongs in the main event spot and is keeping the LHW title hot. 

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Oakland Alameda County Arena, Oakland, on ESPN / TSN, May 12th 

???, ??? & ??? vs. James Reid, Steve Morris & Dave Cruser

The crowd was buzzing with anticipation for this match as Leo Burke and Jerry Lynn came out to the ring. When Burke made his return to PCW last week, he promised some big surprises, so the fans were eager to find out what he had in store. He asked for the ringside microphone.

The Faces & Heels of Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling 1977-1987 - DarkOct02Help Wanted! Job Opportunities: Jerry Lynn | Ring the Damn Bell

Burke : Well, folks, I promised a new era for the Army and here we are. Besides me and Jerry, I have brought in some of the most promising young wrestlers from Japan … Shinya Hashimoto, and the tag team of the Footloose, Toshiaki Kawada and Ricky Fuyuki!

Shinya Hashimoto | Fighter Page | TapologyFootlose (Samson Fuyuki & Toshiaki Kawada) vs. Shinichi Nakano & Shunji  Takano from 1988 | Views from the Hawke's Nest

The Japanese wrestlers has serious looks as they headed out to the ring to show PCW what they had to offer. The Footloose lived up to their name with rapid fire combination moves that kept their opponents off balance, while Hashimoto hit incredible hard, knocking the other wrestlers across the ring with spinning kicks before finishing off Reid with a Running DDT. With these new additions to their ranks, the Army is definitely back with a vengeance.

The Force Of July  (The Patriot & The Eagle) vs. Bob Backlund & Jim Neidhart

Well That Didn't work: The Patriot | Ring the Damn BellProWresBlog: All Japan Pro Wrestling 2/25/1993 - Kenta Kobashi and Tsuyoshi  Kikuchi vs The Patriot and The EagleBob Backlund (Wrestling) - TV TropesJim The Anvil Neidhart Arrested and Other Wrestlers Gone Wild | Bleacher  Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Last week, the Knights Templar came out on top in a pair of singles matches with the members of the Force Of July. This time out, they would be facing them on their own terms, in a tag team match. Backlund and Neidhart certainly had the advantage of experience over the young team. But the masked men had a wealth of athletic ability and synergy on their side, and the Knights seemed to be struggling to get in synch in this match. The Anvil seemed quite perturbed by Backlund's willingness to take the low road, and looked confused when it seemed like Backlund was telling him to interfere in the match. A fatal mistake for Backlund, as it left him unprepared for the FOJ hitting a flying double shoulder tackle that gave the win to the masked team. Backlund was clearly furious, and was lambasting Neidhart as they left the ring, but the Anvil gritted his teeth and said nothing all the way back to the locker room.

Death Sentence (Jimmie Lee & The Hangman) vs. Aaron Reisberger & Michael Bortone

image.jpeg.6beee5449516125935d468dbe40293e8.jpegHangman - Marvel Comics - Harlan Krueger - Werewolf enemy - Profile | Marvel,  Comics, Fantasy garb

The more things change … it seemed like the Neighborhood Of Evil had returned to whatever passes for normal for them. Another week and now they have reorganized again, putting forth a new team composed of the Gravedigger and a mysterious masked man known only as the Hangman. Regardless, Death Sentence made short work of Reisberger and Bortone, with the Hangman polishing off Bortone with a move called the Gallows Pole (two handed chokeslam) that looked awfully familiar. No matter what happens, the Neighborhood Of Evil remains as scary as ever.

Scott Hall vs. Chris Candido

Throwback to when Scott Hall had one of the greatest mustaches in all of  pro wrestling. We're all rooting for you, chico! : r/SquaredCircleChris Candido - IMDb

After he lost the California Title to Buddy Rose, Scott Hall took some time out to rehab his knee but is now back and set on showing he is still a force to be reckoned with. Full credit to Chris Candido, even though he was outweighed and overpowered, he gave Hall quite a battle, but  Hall was not about to be denied, executing the Gator Breaker (fallaway slam) for the win. Only time will tell what is next for big Scott Hall.

The Blood Syndicate (Genichiro Tenryu & Yoshiaki Yatsu) vs.  Joel Anderson & Chet Welch

Genichiro Tenryu was quite the handsome man in his younger days. :  r/SquaredCircleYoshiaki Yatsu - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

The third team to debut this week was clearly cut from a different bolt of cloth from the new members of Army. These two experienced Japanese wrestlers seemed to delight in tormenting and torturing Anderson and Welch, hitting every move and executing every hold to inflict as much pain as possible.  After Tenryu sent Anderson flying out of the ring with  an Enzuigiri, Yatsu trapped Welch in the Jailhouse Lock until he screamed out his submission. This is a duo that is clearly not going to take any prisoners.

Owen Hart & Pierre Carl Ouellet vs. "Diamond" Timothy Flowers & Larry Cameron

20 Years Ago Today: The Life and Death of Owen HartBlogue de PIERRE-CARL-OUELLET - Blog de PIERRE-CARL-OUELLET - Skyrock.comDiamond Timothy Flowers transitions to Streetfighter | Slam WrestlingLarry Cameron - Wikipedia

Last week, "Lethal" Larry Cameron made a shocking return, aligning himself to the Diamond Exchange and ambushing Bret Hart. While Bret tends to his wounds, his brother Owen brought his partner PCO to avenge him. While Flowers and Cameron were both vicious, Owen and PCO were not about to back down and gave as good as they got. The battle went back and forth, but it seemed to be swinging the way of the Canadian team. Then, out of nowhere, Hart and Ouellet were attacked by two wrestlers invading the ring. It was Bob and Crash Holly, clearly still holding a grudge from their loss a couple of weeks ago. All four men attacked Owen and PCO until  security intervened, when they all left the ring together. It didn't take long for the Diamond Exchange to get all the way back up to full strength.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Cow Palace , San Francisco,  on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN, May 13th

Brian Christopher vs. Jerry Lynn

These two light heavyweights had a tightly contested match which went to Christopher by way of the Chris Cross (full Nelson facebuster)

Pierre Carl Ouellet vs. Makhan Singh

PCO was clearly still carrying some damage from the previous day's attack from the Diamond Exchange, as despite his best efforts, he was still overwhelmed by the Monster who took him down with the Monster Mash (front slam)

The Southern Boys vs. Death Sentence  (Jimmie Lee & The Hangman)

The Southern Boys carried their animosity to the Neighborhood Of Evil over to the new pairing of Death Sentence, resulting in a crazy brawl that ended in a no contest when the ref had lost all control over the match

Shinya Hashimoto vs. Cactus Jack

The Japanese newcomer certainly had his hands full with the unconventional leader of the Wild Things, but prevailed with an elevated DDT

Buddy Rose & The Sin City Superstars (Scotty The Body & Mark Starr) vs. Doug Furnas & The Force Of July (The Patriot & The Eagle)

The FOJ were on a roll from their win the night before, and Furnas has been coming on strong lately.   Rose wanted nothing to do with any of them, letting his partners do most of the heavy lifting. Not a great plan against such a powerhouse team, as Furnas squashed Scotty with the Volunteer Slam (running Canadian Backbreaker into the corner)

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Barry Windham © vs. Brian Pillman

They say that it isn't the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Brian Pillman proved that as , despite giving up a fair amount of height and weight , he gave the champ the fight of his life. Windham seemed unsure of what to do with the former Cincinnati Bengal, resorting to hitting a lariat on the outside to get a win by countout

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Selland Arena, Fresno, May 14th

Vic Steamboat vs. Jim Neidhart

Although Neidhart  clearly had a lot on his mind and the Demon was a lot to contend with , the Anvil kept his winning streak in his hometown of Fresno alive, pinning him after a discus clothesline

Brian Lee vs. Rod Price

The Bulldozer ran over one half of Muscle Beach, pinning him following a Prime Time Slam

Lou Perez vs. Cyrus The Virus

Perez forced the always devious Virus to tap out to an Indian Deathlock

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : Art Barr & Eddie Guerrero © vs. The Lethal Weapons (Steve Blackman & Al Snow)

The Lethal Weapons were showing a new confidence as they came incredibly close to taking the titles when  Blackman flattened Barr with a running bicycle kick.  Before he could go for the pinfall,  Guerrero clobbered him with a clothesline to the back of the head, stealing the win from the resurgent Weapons

Curt Hennig vs. Chris Candido

Candido had his second tough match of the weekend, this time against the former Pacific Heavyweight champ. Once again, he put in a game effort but came up just short when Hennig caught him in the Hennig Plex

Pacific Television Title Match : "Diamond" Timothy Flowers © vs. Robbie Brookside

Brookside went all out against the champ, but got careless when he came off the ropes for a Thesz Press. Flowers caught him and dropped him throat first on the top rope then covered him for the one two three. Brookside was clearly frustrated by the result, kicking over a chair as he left the ring.

Marvel Comics has come to professional wrestling! I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad one?

Big weekend for the Jr. Heavies (Candido and Pillman) stepping in against the bigger guys and giving a good account of themselves but coming up just short.

Barry Windham - when in doubt, knock his block off. By this time, Barry's a seasoned hand, he knew what to do with Pillman.

Oakland.

An impressive debut for the Army's new Japanese recruits.

Mr Backlund is increasingly taking the easy way & Neidhart is not happy.

Hmmm, I wonder who could be under the Hangman's mask?

Candido put up a fight but Hall was just too much.

The Blood Syndicate, most metal tag team name ever.

The Holly Cousins have had enough and decided to make some friends in the Diamond Exchange.

San Francisco.

Christopher just keeps on rolling.

A wounded PCO falls to the Monster.

The Southern Boys welcome Death Sentence to the tag ranks.

Hashimoto scores his first singles win.

Rose costs his team and now the SCS have to worry about the FoJ.

Windham has to take a cheap win against Pillman.

Fresno.

Neidhart's hometown continues to be good to him.

Rod just paid the Price for standing in the path of the Bulldozer.

Cyrus falls prey to Perez's ever growing arsenal of submissions.

Eddie gets sneaky to hold on to the Golden State Tag Titles.

Candido goes 0-2 over the weekend thanks to Hennig.

Flowers retains but the real story is Brookside's frustration.

We are now 2 weeks away from PCW's next Mega Show, Seattle Showdown, and the full lineup for both nights is ready to be announced.

Pacific Championship Wrestling Seattle Showdown from the Kingdome, Seattle, Night One

Vic Steamboat vs. Gary Albright

Shinya Hashimoto vs. Chris Candido

The Footloose vs. Joe & Dean Malenko

Leo Burke vs. Jim Neidhart

Dustin Rhodes vs. Maxx Payne

Owen Hart & Pierre Carl Ouellet vs. Bob & Crash Holly

2/3 Falls Match : The Midnight Express vs. The Destruction Crew

Pacific Television Title Match : "Diamond" Timothy Flowers © vs. Steven Regal

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : Art Barr & Eddie Guerrero © vs. Muscle Beach (Rod Price & Tommy Cairo)

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : The Cheetah Kid © vs. Brian Christopher

Pacific Championship Wrestling Seattle Showdown from the Kingdome, Seattle, Night Two

Jerry Lynn vs. Robbie Brookside

Brian Lee & Scott Hall vs. Cactus Jack & Cyrus The Virus

The Undertaker vs. Brian Pillman

Tony St. Clair vs. Larry Cameron

The Lethal Weapons (Steve Blackman & Al Snow) vs. The Blood Syndicate (Genichiro Tenryu & Yoshiaki Yatsu)

Billy Jack Haynes &  The Southern Boys vs.  Makhan Singh & Death Sentence (Jimmie Lee & The Hangman)

California Title Match : Buddy Rose © vs. Doug Furnas

Curt Hennig vs. Bob Backlund

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : The Sin City Superstars (Scotty The Body & Mark Starr) © vs. The Force Of July (The Patriot & The Eagle)

Submission Title Match : Dan Severn © vs. Lou Perez

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Barry Windham © vs. Bret Hart