USWA

spaldoni

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Roanne Fieldhouse, Memphis TN, 5-24-84

TNT.jpg.ee36538cc65df81e54ea4607d83ecc98.jpg

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of TNT wrestling here on the USA network. Big show lined up as Jerry Lawler and the Dream Machine will take on Jimmy Hart's Honkytonk Man and George Wells in our main event. The AWA Southern tag team champs Tony Atlas and Hercules Ayala will be in action. We'll also hear from Nick Bockwinkel and Bob Roop and I have some questions for those gentleman regarding last week's match between Bockwinkle and Santana. I'll also be speaking to the TNT champ himself, Terry Funk. Let's get to the ring.  

Chavo Guerrero vs. Gary Williams 

The fans are 100% behind Chavo as he tunes up for his upcoming TV title match with Tully Blanchard on June 7th. Chavo hip tosses Williams and follows with a drop kick. Chavo executes a vertical suplex then goes to the top rope. Williams staggers up and Chavo hits a missile dropkick for the pin! The fans cheer as Chavo heads to the podium. 

Lance: Chavo, last week you lasted 10 minutes with Tully and now you have yourself a TV title match on June 7th. You must be feeling pretty good. 

Chavo: Lance, It feels great! I proved a …..

Boos as Tully comes out in a suit, holding the TV title. 

Tully: Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Why is this guy getting all the attention? The fact is, he caught me a bit off guard and even though I wasn't at my best, this jerk still couldn't beat me. (Tully takes a swipe at Chavo's face) Look at me boy! Do you really think you can beat me for my title?

Chavo: Yes I do!

Chavo slaps Tully, then hurls him into the ring! Chavo swings Tully to the ropes and back drops him. Tully bounces out of the ring as the fans go wild!

Commercial Break

Mr. Wrestling 2/3 vs. Todd Rooney and Mike Sampson  

Last week, Wrestling 2 bestowed the title of Mr. Wrestling 3 and the mask to Jessie Barr. Wrestling 3 showcases his scientific wrestling as he just toys with Sampson. Sampson tags in Rooney as Wrestling 3 tags in 2. Wrestling 2 works over Rooney then body slams him. Rooney staggers up and Wrestling 2 nails him with the million dollar knee lift then tags in 3. Wrestling 3 executes a northern lights suplex for the pin! The fans boo as Wrestling 2/3 arrogantly raise their arms in victory. 

Lance: Wrestling 2 and 3 look impressive in their debut and look to rise the ranks of TNT's tag team division. I've just been informed that Wrestling 2 and 3 will face the Kansas Jayhawks on June 7th.  Speaking of teams, the Fabulous Ones are set for a tag team title shot on June 7th. Gentleman, I have to ask, how does that loss to Decimation last week affect your momentum?

Lane: Not one bit. Decimation needed a loaded towel to take us out because Stasiak knew his goons couldn't beat us fair.

Keirn: Exactly right and that's something we wont have to worry about against the champs. Atlas and Ayala are respectable champions and the match will be fair all the way. The best team will win and we plan on walking out with the titles. 

Commercial Break

Steve O vs. Thomas Tillman 

Steve body slams Tillman and follows with a knee drop. Steve swings Tillman to the ropes and hits a cross body press for the pin! The fans cheer as Steve heads to the podium. 

Lance: Steve, I have some great news for you. Commissioner Larry Hennig has confirmed that TNT is bringing in one of the top light heavyweights in the world, Denny Brown. Larry made it official, you and Denny will compete in a best 2 out of 3 series and the winner will get an AWA Light heavyweight title match at the big Summer Blast card in July.

Steve: I couldn't be happier. I've been on a roll in TNT and if I have to get through Denny Brown to get that title shot then that's exactly what I'm going to do! 

Commercial Break

'The Real Blonde Bomber' Goldie Rogers w/Johnny Valiant vs. William Hillman 

Valiant and Rogers get some good heat as they taunt the fans. They're stalling and having a great time until WHAM! Kerry Brown nails Rogers from behind with a clothesline! Valiant is shocked and begs for mercy. Brown grabs Valiant by his shirt, winds up and drops him with a big right fist. Rogers staggers up but Brown grabs him, swings him to the ropes and sends him out of the ring with a high knee! The fans explode as Brown pumps his fists. 

Commercial Break

Lance: WOW! Kerry Brown sends a strong message to Valiant and Rogers as they get ready to meet on June 7th in Louisville. Well speaking of Louisville, my guests will be apart of that card. Nick Bockwinkle will face the TNT champ Terry Funk and after what transpired last week, Bob Roop will go one on one with Tito Santana. Gentleman, just what is your alliance all about?

Roop: It's about opportunity. Plain and simple. 

Bock: It is really that simple. On June 7th I will regain the TNT title and when I do, my first title defense will be against the well deserving Bob Roop. 

Roop: And Santana, don't think you're going to stand in my way boy. 

The fans cheer as Terry Funk comes out! 

Funk: Just who the hell do you stooges think you are? I'm Terry Funk! I'm the TNT champ! I'm not some afterthought. Bockwinkle! I beat you for this title when I piledrove you through a chair. I'm tough and I'm crazy and on June 7th all this craziness is going to be unleashed on you Bockwinkle! 

Roop sneaks behind Funk and nails him from behind! Bock and Roop put the boots to Funk. The crowd goes wild when Tito Santana storms out and unloads on Roop! Santana and Roop are trading blows as Bock goes to help Roop. Funk staggers up and nails Bock. All four men are brawling as the fans go nuts. 

Commercial Break 

Jumbo Tsuruta w/Stan Stasiak vs. Vic Dutro 

Jumbo is all over Dutro with a variety of suplexes. Jumbo pushes Dutro into the corner and chops him down as Stasiak yells encouragement. Jumbo hip tosses Dutro over and nails him with a knee strike. Jumbo picks up Dutro and drops him with a Powerbomb for the pin! 

Decimation joins Stasiak and Jumbo at the podium. 

Stasiak: Look at these monsters of mayhem! There's not a tag team in the entire AWA that can match up with Decimation and in July at SummerBlast, you people will watch them take out the so called most devastating team in wrestling. Road Warriors! You will be destroyed and the titles will be ours! Now as for the international wrestling superstar Jumbo Tsuruta. It's a crime how he's been overlooked here in TNT. The man is undefeated! So we're going straight to the top. Listen up Verne Gagne. Jumbo wants a AWA world title match! And what we want, we take! 

Commercial Break 

AWA Southern Tag Champs Tony Atlas and Hercules Ayala vs. Chip Stevens and Royce Randal 

Champs look sharp as they swing Stevens to the ropes and put him down with a double back elbow smash. Atlas presses Stevens over his head and slams him down then tags in Ayala. Ayala picks him up and clamps on the bear hug then rams Stevens into the turnbuckles and belly to belly suplexes him over for the pin! 

The champs cut a promo and say they respect the Fabulous Ones but on June 7th in Louisville, they're the ones walking out with the titles!

Commercial Break

'Quick Draw' Rick McGraw vs. Paul Casper  

McGraw is aggressive tonight as he rakes Casper's eyes, kicks him in the mid section and gut wrench suplexes him over. McGraw hits a backbreaker then rolls Casper over and clamps on the Boston Crab to get the submission win! McGraw keeps wrenching away then releases the hold and gives Casper a couple more stomps before exiting the ring and going towards the podium. 

Lance: Rick, you take on your former partner Ivan Putski on June 7th. He had some choice words for you last week. 

McGraw: Just stand back and keep your mouth shut Lance. First of all, I couldn't even understand a word that buffoon said last week. The language barrier was a big problem when we were teaming. After all these years here, you would think he could speak better English. Putski! I cant wait to put you to pasture. I should be wrestling for a shot at the Light heavyweight title but instead I'm wasting my time with a washed up loser. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Before we get to our main event, I want to show you this video piece that was put together highlighting the Cocoa Samoa/Ratamyus feud. 

A montage is shown of Ratamyus brutally attacking Cocoa and getting suspended. Cocoa is shown defeating Sheik Ali Hassan and then is attacked again by Ratamyus. Cocoa issues the challenge.  

On June 7th, they will meet in a Non Sanctioned Lights Out Match! 

Commercial Break 

Jerry 'The King' Lawler and The Dream Machine 

vs. 

The Honkytonk Man and 'Master G' George Wells w/Jimmy Hart 

The bell rings and Jimmy Hart hightails it out of the ring as Lawler and Dream attack HTM and Wells! Lawler hammers away on HTM in the corner while Dream punches away on Wells in the opposite corner. They swing Wells and HTM into each other. Wells and HTM stagger and spin around and Lawler and Dream put them down with big punches. The Ref gets order as Hart is having a meltdown on the outside and yelling into his megaphone. Dream swings Wells to the ropes and hits a back elbow smash then swings off the ropes and drops an elbow 1..2..HTM breaks it. Lawler runs in and sends HTM flying into the turnbuckles with a right punch. Dream body slams Wells and tags in Lawler. Lawler swings Wells to the ropes and back drops him. Lawler body slams Wells, hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a fist drop 1..2..HTM stomps on Lawler to break it. Dream runs in and clotheslines HTM. Lawler tags in Dream. Dream swings Wells to the ropes and clotheslines him, then swings off the ropes but HTM knees him in the back. Wells staggers up and puts Dream down with a running shoulder block then tags in HTM. HTM stomps away on Dream then pushes him into the corner. Wells chokes Dream while HTM puts the boots to him as Hart cheers them on through his megaphone. HTM grabs Dream and executes a Russian Legsweep 1..2..Lawler with the save. Wells runs in and him and Lawler have a furious exchange. The Ref gets control. HTM swings Dream to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Dream kicks him then dives over and tags in Lawler. The fans go wild as Lawler grabs HTM by his hair and punches away. Wells runs in but Lawler punches him, then grabs both of their heads and smashes them together. Wells rolls out of the ring. Lawler lowers the strap! Lawler punches away on HTM. Wells runs back in the ring but Dream tackles him and punches away. Lawler hoists HTM up for the piledriver but Jimmy Hart runs in and hits Lawler on the back of the head with his megaphone! The Ref sees this and signals for the bell and DQ. HTM staggers up. Dream is on top of Wells and punching away. HTM runs over and drops a knee on Dream. Wells regroups and climbs to the top rope and drops a knee on Dream. HTM lifts up Lawler and executes the swinging neckbreaker! Hart is jumping up and down celebrating. 

Commercial Break

Commissioner Larry Hennig is with Lance.

Hennig: Lance, I said wrestlers would handle their problems in the ring so I've decided to add a couple matches to the Louisville card on June 7th. George Wells will take on the Dream Machine and the Honkytonk Man will face Jerry Lawler. Oh yea, and Jimmy Hart will be banned from both matches! 

The show goes off the air as the fans cheer while Jimmy Hart runs out and throws a tantrum. 

TNT @ The Louisville Gardens, June 7th

TNT Title Bout

Terry Funk (C) vs. Nick Bockwinkle 

AWA Southern Tag Title Bout 

Tony Atlas and Hercules Ayala (C) vs. The Fabulous Ones 

TV Title Bout

Tully Blanchard (C) vs. Chavo Guererro 

Jerry 'The King' Lawler vs. The Honkytonk Man

Tito Santana vs. Bob Roop

Dream Machine vs. 'Master G' George Wells

Kerry Brown vs. 'The Real Blonde Bomber' Goldie Rogers w/Johnny Valiant 

'Polish Power' Ivan Putski vs. 'Quick Draw' Rick McGraw

Kansas Jayhawks vs. Mr. Wrestling 2/3 

NON SANCTIONED LIGHTS OUT MATCH

Cocoa Samoa vs. Ratamyus 

I enjoy the way you are able to slow play things and keep us on the edge of our seats week after week.

Can't wait for Chavo vs Tully

HTM vs Lawler is one of my favorites in the game

Atlas and Hercules vs the Fab Ones is such a contrast in styles.  It should be fun.

People in Louisville are going to get one awesome show

Man, so much going on in TNT!

Funk/Bockwinkle could feud until the end of time, and I would be fine with it. Adding Santana and Roop to the mix makes for a fun little twist.

Lawler and Honky just feels like it is going to continue to escalate until we get to some kind of gimmick match.

I feel like it is finally time for the Fabs to win those belts, cause with Decimation and Wrestling 2/3 lining up, so many feuds are ready to go.

Really excited for Tully/Chavo. Well built, and Tully when he is back peddling is the most dangerous Tully of all. Can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve.

June 7th is stacked!!

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Junction, San Antonio TX 5-31-84

Steve Stack: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of TNT wrestling here on the USA Network. Tremendous night of action as we head into the big Louisville card next week. Tonight's main event will be the TNT Champ Terry Funk teaming with Tito Santana to take on the team of Nick Bockwinkle and Bob Roop. Jimmy Hart's Honkytonk Man goes one on one with the Dream Machine. Also in action will be the TV champ Tully Blanchard, the Fabulous Ones, Ivan Putski and more. Let's get to the ring as one of the top ranked Light Heavyweight's in the world is set to make his TNT debut. 

'Downtown' Denny Brown vs. Gary Williams

Denny looks sharp tonight as he works Williams over with arm drags, hip tosses and solid mat work. Denny hits a vertical suplex and backs up. Williams gets to his knees and Denny hits an Oklahoma Roll to get the pin! Fans give Denny a good pop as he heads to the podium. 

Stack: Welcome to TNT Denny. It was announced that you and Steve O will wrestle in a 2 out of 3 series for a shot at the AWA Light heavyweight championship. The first match will take place next week in Louisville.

Denny: Thank you Steve. My number one goal is to win the  AWA Light Heavyweight championship. I have that opportunity and believe me I'm going to make the most of it.

Steve O comes out to a nice applause.

Steve: Denny, I just want to say it will be a pleasure wrestling you and we both want the same thing. This is what wrestling competition  is all about and may the best man win.

Steve extends his hand and Denny shakes it as the fans cheer.   

Commercial Break

Man Mountain Link vs. Todd Rooney 

Link made his debut a couple weeks ago and destroyed his competition. Tonight is no different as he just bulldozes over Rooney. Link hoists Rooney up and hangs him upside down on the turnbuckles. Link stomps, chokes and bites away. Link drags Rooney out, hoists him up and powerslams him over for the pin! The fans boo as Link picks Rooney up and hurls him out of the ring. 

Steve Stack tries to get a word with Link but Link threatens to back hand him and walks off. 

Commercial Break 

The Fabulous Ones vs. Clint Walker and Kyle Russo 

The Fabs look crisp with quick tags and fast offense. They double back drop Walker. Keirn swings Walker to the ropes and gives him a knee to the mid section then Lane hits a sunset flip for the pin! The fans cheer as the Fabs head to the podium.

The Fabs cut a promo and say it's been a long road back to the titles and next week in Louisville, the titles are coming back home! 

Cheers as the champs Tony Atlas and Hercules Ayala come to the podium. 

Atlas: We respect you guys but don't get to far ahead of yourselves. 

Ayala: (holds up his title) You have to get through us and that's a tall order.

The teams have an intense stare down but cooler heads prevail. 

Commercial Break 

TNT TV Champ Tully Blanchard vs. Wayne Whitcomb 

Tully is aggressive tonight as he swings Wayne to the ropes and puts him down with a high knee. Tully chokes Wayne with his boot then drops several elbows. Tully hoists Wayne up and hits the Sling Shot Suplex for the pin! The fans boo as Tully goes to the podium. 

Tully: All I've been hearing about is Chavo Guerrero, Chavo this and Chavo that. Well, I'm sick of it and I don't want to wait until next week. Chavo! Boy, I know you're a born coward but if you can find just an ounce of courage, lets do this right now! 

The fans roar as Chavo storms to the podium! 

Chavo: You want to go right now? Let's do it! 

Chavo heads to the ring but Tully nails him form behind with the TV title!!!! Tully starts laughing then hurls Chavo into the ring. Tully executes the Sling Shot Suplex then counts to 3. The fans give it to Tully as he heads back to the podium. 

Steve: Come on Tully, you call that a courageous move? 

Tully: (Smiling) I call that a brilliant move! You just saw me beat him in the ring 1..2..3 and that's why I'm the TV champ and that sorry excuse for a wrestler lying there in the ring is nothing but a second rate fluke!  

Commercial Break 

Steve: Fans, with me right now is Stan Stasiak along with his men, Jumbo Tsuruta and Decimation. Stan, I understand you have an announcement to make. 

Stan: I do indeed! Next Friday night in Louisville these three men will compete in a 6 man tag showcase ,match. You see, my men Decimation need a tune up as they get ready to win the AWA tag titles in July at the big SummerBlast card. Now, I understand the AWA World Champ will be defending his title on that night as well. There's nobody in TNT worthy of that shot except Jumbo Tsuruta. So, Jumbo wants to stay sharp. And this is why we're giving the fans in Louisville a special showcase. I hope the AWA is ready for the impact of these men. I pity whoever gets in our way. 

'Pitbull' Kerry Brown vs. Harold Hillman 

Brown seems rejuvenated and reinvigorated tonight as he works Hillman over. Brown has Hillman in a hammerlock and slams him down. Brown picks up Hillman and executes a Shoulder Breaker for the pin! The fans are getting more and more behind Kerry as he heads to the podium.

Steve: Well Kerry I know Johnny Valiant and Goldie Rogers have been a thorn in your side and Johnny even took away your Blonde Bomber moniker. It's you and Goldie next Friday night in Louisville.

Brown: First off, Valiant you did me a favor taking away that ridiculous name. It was time for me to refocus and go back to taking care of business which is why I'm taking on my old name, the Pitbull. And Goldie! You're going to find out what that name is all about next Friday Night!  

Commercial Break 

Dream Machine vs. The Honkytonk Man w/Jimmy Hart

This is a wild one as fists fly the minute the bell rings. Hart gets out of the ring quick. Dream starts hammering away, winds up and punches HTM into the turnbuckles. Dream hops up on the middle ropes and pounds away on HTM's head. Dream hops down and swings HTM into the opposite turnbuckles and follows with a running clothesline. Dream body slams HTM, hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with an elbow 1..2..Hart pulls on the Ref's leg. The Ref slides under the ropes and yells at Hart. Dream gets up. While the Ref is distracted, George Wells climbs up on the turnbuckles. Dream turns around and Wells hits him with a flying shoulder tackle! Wells rolls out of the ring. HTM gets up and picks up Wells. The Fans roar as Jerry Lawler runs out and starts punching away on Wells on the outside. The Ref gets back in the ring as HTM executes the swinging neckbreaker 1..2..3! Hart is yelling and pointing over at Lawler. HTM exits the ring and nails Lawler from behind! HTM slams Lawler's head on the apron. Wells staggers up and they double team Lawler. They grab Lawler and swing him into the steel post! Dream staggers up but Hart leads his men out. 

Commercial Break 

Steve: After another double team attack, Lawler was helped out of here. We'll see what kind of condition he'll be in come next Friday night when he takes on the Honkytonk Man. I'm sure the Dream Machine will be looking for payback on George Wells as they go one on one and don't forget, Larry Hennig announced that Jimmy Hart will be banned fromm both matches. Let's go back to the ring. 

Cocoa Samoa vs. Vic Dutro 

Cocoa has one thing on his mind and that's Ratamyus. Cocoa pummels Dutro then chops him down. Cocoa body slams Dutro, swings off the ropes and hits a diving headbutt. Cocoa hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a splash for the pin! The fans cheer as Cocoa goes to the podium. 

Steve: Cocoa, I want you to watch this video sent to us by the still suspended Ratamyus. 

Ratamyus is standing in a dark room wearing a hooded black cape. Ominous music is playing. Ratamyus takes off his hood revealing his painted face. 

Ratamyus: Cocoa Samoa! Doom awaits! 

Video ends. 

Cocoa: He can play mind games all he wants but it wont work because Ratamyus has unleashed the beast inside of me. On Friday night our match is unsanctioned! I can do anything I want to him! Nobody can help him. Nobody! 

Commercial Break 

Kansas Jayhawks vs. Roy Riggens and Chuck Taylor 

Jayhawks rough their opponents up. Dutch swings Taylor to the ropes and puts him down with a clothesline then tags in Jaggers. Jaggers executes the Hangman's Neckbreaker for the pin! Dutch grabs his whip and snaps it as Jaggers swings his bullrope wildly. The fans cheer as they head to the podium. 

Steve: The tag team division in TNT is getting stronger and the Kansa Jayhawks are climbing that ladder. You boys have Mr. Wrestling 2 and 3 on Friday night.

The fans boo as Wrestling 2 and 3 come out in their masks and suits. 

Wrestling 2: (Looks at Wrestling 3) You see this is what I'm talking about. These rodeo clowns walking around with whips and ropes. Class acts like us don't need any props. We get the job done in the ring. 

Dutch: You think we need these to get the job done? 

Jaggers: Hell no, we don't! Come Friday Night you boys will find that out first hand. 

Wrestling 3: (Looks at Wrestling 2) You're absolutely right. These hicks don't stand a chance against first rate wrestlers like us. 

Things get tense but Steve is able to calm everybody down by telling them to save it for Friday. 

Commercial Break 

'Polish Power' Ivan Putski vs. Jason Gordon 

Putski simply over powers his opponent then swings him to the ropes and hits the Polish Hammer for the pin! The fans give Putski a good pop as he heads to the podium. 

Stack: Ivan, Rick McGraw had some choice words for you last week.

Putski: I heard what he said. He made fun of my English. Well Rick, the only language I'll be speaking on Friday is the Polish Hammer! Translation, you're going down! 

Stack: Simply put. Ok, our big main event when we come back. 

Commercial Break 

TNT Champ Terry Funk and Tito Santana vs. Nick Bockwinkle and Bob Roop 

Lot's of heat between these 4 men as they gear up for their solo matches next Friday Night. Bock wants Funk so Tito gladly tags Funk in. Bock clamps on a headlock and wrenches away but Funk hoists him up and hits a back suplex. Funk picks up Bock and hits a Russian Legsweep 1..2..Roop breaks it with a kick. Tito runs in and punches Roop into the corner. Funk punches away on Bock. Tito and Funk swing Bock and Roop into each other. Roop bounces out of the ring. Tito drop kicks Bock then Funk body slams him and tags in Tito. Tito swings Bock into the corner and follows with a running bionic elbow. Tito hip tosses Bock. Tito swings off the ropes but Roop nails him with a forearm blast to the back of the head, Tito goes down as Bock rolls over and tags in Roop. Roop goes to work. Roop hits a vertical suplex. Roop puts Tito in a hammerlock then rams him into the turnbuckles. Roop clamps on an armbar and tags in Bock. Bock comes off the top rope with a knee to Tito's arm 1..2..Funk breaks it. Bock continues to work Tito's arm. Bock has an armbar and tags in Roop. Roop comes off the middle ropes with a stomp to the arm. Roop swings off the ropes and goes for an elbow drop but Tito moves. The crowd cheers as Tito rolls over and tags in Funk! Funk punches away on Roop, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Bock runs in and Funk puts him up and over with a high back drop. Funk hits a vertical suplex on Roop 1..2..Bock barley makes the save. Tito runs in but the Ref guides him back. Bock rakes Funk's eyes before going back to the corner. Roop tags in Bock. Bock swings Funk into the turnbuckles and charges in but Funk hits him with a knee. Funk drops an elbow 1..2..Roop breaks it with a jumping knee to the head. Tito runs in and him and Roop brawl to the corner. The Ref is finally able to guide Tito to his corner but Roop hits Tito from behind with a high knee, Tito slams into Funk. Bock rolls Funk up with a handful of tights 1..2..3! The fans boo as Bock and Roop exit the ring. 

Tito staggers around then realizes what happened. Tito helps Funk up but Funk pushes him back. Tito is explaining what happened. Funk calms down and tells Tito he's sorry and pats him on the back.

Steve: Funk and Tito lose a heartbreaker. This has got to give Bockwinkle momentum as they head into their big TNT title match on Friday. Fans, you wont want to miss that big show in Louisville. It promises to be an exciting night of action. 

TNT Final Card @ The Gardens in Louisville KY

TNT Title Bout 

TNT TV Title Bout

Tully Blanchard (C) vs. Chavo Guerrero 

'Master G' George Wells vs. The Dream Machine

"The Real Blonde Bomber' Goldie Rogers w/Johnny Valiant vs. Kerry 'Pitbull' Brown

1st match in best of 3 series for AWA Light Heavy title shot

Steve O vs. 'Downtown' Denny Brown

Decimation/Jumbo Tsuruta w/Stan Stasiak showcase match

NON SANCTION LIGHTS OUT MATCH 

Cocoa Samoa vs. Ratamyus 

You certainly pack a ton of action into every episode of TV!

Denny makes a nice debut, and I will certainly be rooting for him against Steve O in the Best of 3.

Link makes short work of an opponent, and then puts Stack in his place. I like it!

The Fabs and the Champs have a little bit of a tense moment before the big match. Ayala and Atlas have had a nice little run, but I gotta think tag team experience is gonna win out this time.

Tully shows us all again who the smartest man in TNT is! Guerrero may have some momentum going his way, but Mr. Blanchard is always two steps ahead!

The intermingled feuds of Lawler/HTM and Wells/Dream Machine have been nicely done. Looking forward to a couple big singles matches at the upcoming show.

So glad to see the Jayhawks together here in TNT, and Wrestling 2 and 3 are a fantastic pair you've put together. Loved the promo, and I'm excited for this match. Have to think the winners of this one, will be right up there with Decimation in line for a title shot.

Great main event! Loved the ending, and I can see hot headed Terry getting mad at Tito in my head perfectly.

The Garden card is stacked, and at least the top 7 or better matches could realistically main event any show on your circuit. Crazy stuff, and I can't wait to see what goes down!

Nice to see the Light Heavyweight title getting some love of late around the AWA.

Not sure which match I am looking forward to the most in Louisville.....

Fab Ones vs Atlas & Ayala is a great babyface match up that could see either side winning or even a heel turn.  Can;t wait

Ratymus AKA.... Bray Wyatt  .... is scary good!

Also Funk vs Bock is awesome any day of the week.

I love Tully as the TV champ as it really gives that title some pop!

Lawler vd HTM.... Family Feud of the Century or at least until the VonErichs come to blows..... Which is Never

Another great TV,  HTM vs. Dream Machine is a fun match and keeps the Lawler/HTM feud heated

Tully Blanchard is one of the hottest heels in the game right now!

The Fabs vs. the champs will be an excellent title match, it will be interesting to see if they Stan/Steve can finally take those titles that have alluded them for months now.

Awesome main event this week with Bock getting a win over Funk.....an already great Louisville Gardens card gets hotter with each tv show.

Real fun episode of TV to heighten the tension before the big show. The LHWs are gonna be some good clean fun, likewise the Southern tag titles... but stuff like Tully and Chavo or Bock and Fun are gonna be dirty, nasty fun.

(Not like that.)

(Well, probably not like that. Who knows what Funk will do.)

Can't wait for the big show!

TNT Wrestling @ The Gardens, Louisville KY 6-7-84 

Steve O vs. 'Downtown' Denny Brown 

1st Match in a best of 3 series for a shot at the AWA Light Heavyweight Title

Both men shake hands to start the match. Neither man gets a clear advantage during the first few minutes as they trade holds. Denny gets momentum with a series of arm drags then works the arm. Steve O hip tosses his way out then clamps on a headlock and takes Denny over. Denny manages to stand up then pushes Steve to the ropes but Steve comes back with a shoulder block. Steve body slams Denny, then drops a knee 1..2..Kick Out. Steve hits a vertical suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Steve swings Denny to the turnbuckles and charges in but Denny moves. Steve hits hard. Denny grabs Steve and hits a German suplex 1..2..3! The crowd pops. Both men get to their knees. Denny helps Steve up and once again they shake hands. Denny wins the first match of the series. 

Winner of the Match- Denny Brown 

Jumbo Tsuruta and Decimation w/Stan Stasiak vs. 3 Local talent 

Just a total squash as Stasiak wants his men to make a statement. Colley swings his opponent to the ropes and powerslams him over then tags in Shaw. Shaw swings off the ropes and hits a body splash then tags in Jumbo. Jumbo finishes it off with a powerbomb 1..2..3! Colley and Shaw run in and attack the other 2 men then throw them out of the ring. Stasiak looks proud as his men stand tall. 

Winner of the Match- Jumbo Tsuruta and Decimation

'Pitbull' Kerry Brown vs. 'The Real Blonde Bomber' Goldie Rogers w/Johnny Valiant 

Valiant and Rogers wait in the ring and taunt the booing fans. The fans cheer when Kerry heads down the aisle with somebody by his side. It's his old tag team partner Duke Myers! They enter the ring and Valiant is going crazy. Duke points at him and holds up his fist. The Ref gets order as Duke and Valiant head outside. The bell rings and Kerry unloads on Rogers, swings him to the ropes and sends him to the outside with a high knee. Valiant rushes over to comfort Rogers. Rogers gets on the apron and Kerry hits him, then hoists him up and suplexes him back in the ring. Kerry swings off the ropes but Valiant trips him. Duke runs over and nails Valiant with a punch! Kerry stumbles up but Rogers rakes the eyes, kicks him low and gut wrench suplexes him over. Rogers works Kerry over with stomps and chokes. Rogers chokes Kerry on the ropes in front of Duke. Rogers taunts Duke as he drops several knees on Kerry. Rogers body slams Kerry then hops on the middle ropes and goes for an elbow drop but Kerry moves as Rogers hits the canvas. Kerry regroups. Kerry swings Rogers to the turnbuckles and follows with a knee to the mid section. Kerry body slams Rogers then goes to the top rope. Valiant hops on the apron but Duke runs over, yanks him down and slams him on the concrete! Kerry crashes down on Rogers with a knee drop 1..2..3! The fans cheer as Duke runs in the ring and raises Kerry's arm. 

Winner of the Match- Kerry Brown

This match has been brewing since McGraw turned on his former partner. Putski storms the ring and McGraw runs out. The Ref signals for the bell. McGraw is stalling on the outside then starts yelling at the booing fans. Putski runs out and levels McGraw from behind then hurls him in the ring. The fans are going crazy as Putski hammers on McGraw then swings him to the ropes and back drops him. McGraw staggers up and Putski clotheslines him down. Putski drops an elbow 1..2..McGraw gets his foot on the rope. Putski swings McGraw to the ropes and goes for another back drop but McGraw kicks him hard. McGraw regroups then suplexes Putski. McGraw flexes as the crowd boos. McGraw goes for another suplex but Putski blocks it and suplexes McGraw. Putski swings McGraw to the ropes and goes for the Polish Hammer but McGraw grabs the Ref at the last second and pulls him right into the Polish Hammer! The Ref goes down as McGraw rolls out of the ring. Putski is checking on the Ref. Another official runs in the ring and signals for the bell then tells the announcer the result. McGraw is disqualified! McGraw doesn't seem to upset as he's happy just to be walking out of there. 

Winner of the Match by DQ- Ivan Putski 

'Master G' George Wells vs. The Dream Machine 

Commissioner Larry Hennig said Jimmy Hart would be banned from his men's matches tonight. Wells seems to be a bit unfocused as Dream controls the opening moments. Wells rolls to the outside to regroup. Dream goes to the ropes as Wells gets on the apron. Wells rakes Dream's eyes then snaps his head on the top rope. Wells body slams Dream then stomps on the back. Wells hits a backbreaker then puts Dream in the Boston Crab! Wells wrenches away but Dream is able to grab the ropes. Wells releases at the Ref's count of 4. Wells body slams Dream then goes to the top rope. Wells spends to much time arguing with the fans. Dream rises and Wells goes for the flying shoulder tackle but Dream dodges it. Wells slams down and rolls over. The fans pump Dream up. Dream swings Wells to the ropes and hits a back elbow smash and follows with a standing leg drop. Dream hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with an elbow drop 1..2..3!

Winner of the Match- Dream Machine

Pretty solid tag match that goes back and forth. Wrestling 2 and 3 show off their technical abilities while the Jayhawks show off their toughness and grit. Things get tense when Wrestling 3 nails Jaggers with a clothesline to the back from the apron. Jaggers falls forward and Wrestling 2 puts him down with a high knee. Wrestling 2 tags in 3 and they execute a double vertical suplex. Wrestling 3 hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a forearm drop 1..2..Dutch makes the save. The Ref guides Dutch back which allows 2 and 3 to make an illegal switch. Wrestling 2 swings Jaggers to the ropes and back drops him then drops a knee 1..2..Kick Out. Wrestling 2 swings Jaggers to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Jaggers comes back and puts Wrestling 2 down hard with a clothesline. Jaggers staggers over and tags in Dutch. Wrestling 3 charges in but Dutch sends him flying with a fist. Dutch swings Wrestling 2 into the turnbuckles and follows with a running clothesline. Dutch hip tosses Wrestling 2 and follows with a neck snap. Dutch hoists Wrestling 2 up but Wrestling 3 runs in and clips Dutch at the knees. Jaggers runs in and fights Wrestling 3 to the corner. Ding Ding Ding, the time limit has expired but this obviously isn't over. 

Official Ruling- A Time Limit Draw

Intermission 

Some bad blood here every since Roop costed Tito a shot at the TNT title. Roop attacks Tito at the bell and mercilessly punches and stomps Tito down. Roop picks Tito up and hangs him upside down on the turnbuckles. Roop kicks away until the Ref threatens a DQ. Roop pulls Tito down and puts the boots to him then rakes his boot across Tito's face. Roop picks up Tito and powerslams him over 1..2..Tito gets his shoulder up. Roop berates the Ref. Roop swings Tito to the ropes but misses a back elbow, Tito swings back and puts Roop down with a running double axe handle. The fans fire Tito up. Roop staggers up and Tito dropkicks him down. Tito swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Roop gets his foot on the rope. Tito swings Roop into the turnbuckles and charges in but Roop runs forward and puts Tito down with a forearm blast! Roop regroups and stomps on Tito's shoulder. Roop puts Tito in a hammerlock then body slams him. Roop hoists Tito up for his shoulder breaker but Tito fights out of it and pushes Roop into the turnbuckles. Tito and Roop are reeling. Roop grabs Tito and picks him up for a slam but Tito cradles him 1..2..3!!! HUGE POP! Tito rolls out and celebrates with the fans as Roop throws a tantrum and yells at the Ref. 

Winner of the Match- Tito Santana 

TV Title Bout 

Tully Blanchard (C) vs. Chavo Guerrero 

The fans have been anticipating this match since Chavo proved he could hang with Tully by lasting 10 minutes in a TV match. These two have engaged in some wild TV fights. The fans are 100% behind Chavo. Tully reminds everybody who the champ is when he raises it in front of Chavo with an arrogant smirk. The bell rings and Tully and Chavo have a stare down and exchange words. Tully slaps Chavo. Chavo explodes with anger. Tully backpedals but Chavo catches him and unloads. Chavo swings Tully into the turnbuckles and follows with a drop kick! Chavo swings Tully to the opposite corner, Tully hits hard and staggers forward and Chavo drop kicks him again! Tully is up against the turnbuckles and begs. Chavo hits Tully, hops up on the middle ropes and the fans count along as Chavo punches away. Chavo then monkey flips Tully to the center of the ring. Tully is disoriented. Chavo goes to the top rope. Tully staggers up and Chavo hits him with a flying press but they roll into the ropes. Tully rolls to the outside to get a much needed breather. The Ref starts the count but Chavo goes to the outside. Chavo grabs Tully but Tully pushes him into the steel post! Tully regroups then hurls Chavo into the ring. Tully drops several elbows on Chavo then follows with several knees. Tully hoists Chavo up and hits a delayed vertical suplex. Tully hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a forearm drop 1..2..Kick Out. Tully is furious and holds up 3 fingers to the Ref. Tully swings Chavo to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Chavo hits a sunset flip 1..2..Kick Out. Both men get up, Tully takes a wild swing but Chavo ducks and hits a back suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Chavo body slams Tully then jumps off the middle ropes and comes back with a springboard elbow drop 1..2..Tully barley gets his shoulder up. Chavo swings Tully to the turnbuckles and charges in but Tully raises his knees and Chavo hits them head first. Once again Tully regroups. Tully pushes Chavo into the turnbuckles and hits several shoulder thrusts. Tully hoists Chavo up and executes the Sling Shot Suplex 1..2..3!!! The fans don't like it but once again Tully walks out with the TV title. 

Winner of the Match and STILL TV Champ- Tully Blanchard 

Once again, no Jimmy Hart. HTM gets booed big time but those boos turn to a defining roar when Lawler comes down the aisle. Lawler gets in the ring but wait a minute! He's attacked from behind by George Wells! Wells and HTM put the boots to Lawler until the Dream Machine hits the ring! Dream manages to punch away on both men until Lawler can get up and join the fun. All 4 men are brawling! Wells and Dream fight to the outside while Lawler and HTM are fighting in the ring. OH NO! A man wearing a King's Crown comes out and nails Dream from behind then slams him into the steel post! The man grabs a chair and gets in the ring then WHAM nails Lawler on the back. The man picks Lawler up and slams him on the chair then hops on the middle ropes and nails Lawler with a fist drop!

The Fans boo when Jimmy Hart comes out and grabs the mic.

"I fulfilled my end of that shady Hennig deal and didn't come out for my Family's matches. Well as you can see this match is done HAHAHAHA! I would like to announce the newest addition the Hart Family. Ladies and Gentleman, the TRUE King of Wrestling...Carl Fergie!"

The HTM and Wells raise Carl's arms as the fans throw garbage in the ring.  

Official Ruling- NO CONTEST

AWA Southern Tag Team Title Bout 

Both teams have a lot of respect for each other but there's no handshakes. The teams feel each other out for the first few minutes. Things pick up when Lane swings Atlas to the ropes and Atlas comes back with a shoulder block that sends Lane flying down. Lane staggers up and Atlas picks him up. presses him over his head, presses him a couple times then slams him down. Lane rolls over and tags in Keirn. Keirn comes in with caution. They lock up and Atlas clamps on a headlock. Keirn pushes him to the ropes and once again Atlas comes back with a shoulder block that sends Keirn tumbling over. Atlas tags in Ayala. Ayala swings Keirn to the ropes and puts him down with a forearm blast. Ayala drops a big elbow 1..2..Lane breaks it. Things get heated when Ayala yells at Lane. Atlas tells Ayala to calm down and focus on Keirn. Ayala lifts Keirn up but Keirn hammers away then dives over and tags in Lane. Lane super kicks Ayala then hoists him up and hot shots him on the top rope 1..2..Atlas breaks it. Keirn runs in but both men keep their cool. Lane tags in Keirn. They swing Ayala to the ropes and double back drop him. Ayala staggers up and the Fabs double drop kick him. Keirn drops a knee 1..2..Atlas breaks it. Keirn tags in Lane. Lane swings Ayala to the ropes but Ayala just about decapitates Lane with a clothesline. Ayala stomps on Lane before tagging in Atlas. Atlas picks up Lane and hits a jumping headbutt. Lane staggers against the ropes. Ayala runs over and chokes Lane. Keirn runs in but the Ref guides him back. Atlas is puzzled and tells Ayala to get back to the corner. Atlas swings Lane to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Lane leapfrogs over and when he swings off the ropes Ayala nails him with a knee to the back. Ayala is begging Atlas to tag him in. Atlas obliges. Ayala comes in and punches away on Lane then body slams him. Ayala rolls Lane over, grabs the ropes and drops several knees on the back. Ayala picks up Lane and applies a Bearhug! Ayala rams Lane into the turnbuckles and belly to belly suplexes him over 1..2..Keirn runs in and drops an elbow. Ayala is furious and yells at Keirn then berates the Ref. Atlas is yelling at Ayala as Lane crawls over and tags in Keirn. Keirn drop kicks Ayala from behind. Ayala hits the ropes, Keirn grabs him and hits  German Suplex 1..2.. Atlas breaks it. As the Ref is guiding Atlas back, Ayala staggers up but Keirn grabs him and pushes him forward into Atlas, Atlas fly's through the ropes as Keirn rolls Ayala into a pin 1..2..Ayala kicks out. A furious Ayala kicks Keirn and picks him up but as he spins him around, Lane comes off the top rope and hits a dropkick on Ayala! Ayala falls back with Lane on top 1..2..3!!!! HUGE POP! The Fabulous Ones have regained the AWA Southern Tag Titles!! The exhausted Fabs celebrate for a moment then hold the titles high and exit. 

Winners of the Match and NEW AWA Southern Tag Champs- The Fabulous Ones 

Atlas rolls back in the ring. Ayala is yelling at the Ref. Atlas calms Ayala down. Ayala takes a moment then relaxes. They shake hands and walk out. WHAM! Ayala nails Atlas from behind! Ayala angrily stomps away on Atlas then picks him up and clamps on the BEARHUG! Ayala wrenches away then rams Atlas into the steel post! Ayala backs up and repeats this! Ayala releases the hold and Atlas just collapses as Officials run out to help him. 

AWA TNT Title Bout 

This is about as good as it gets. For as much hatred as these men have for each other they still like to show off their wrestling skills. The first 15 minutes both men put on a technical masterpiece. Bock worked Funk's leg over and tried finishing him off with an Indian Deathlock. Funk returned the favor by working Bock's leg and tried finishing him off with his Spinning toe hold. Both men showed tremendous resiliency by fighting their way out of these predicaments.  Of course it didn't take long for things to escalate. During a break, Bock punched Funk then raked the eyes. Bock grabs Funks head and smashes it on the turnbuckle several times. Bock then clamps on a Sleeper! Bock is holding tight but Funk spins him around and rams him back first into the turnbuckles. Funk regroups. Bock staggers forward and Funk chops him back in the corner and follows with several knife edge chops. Funk grabs Bock and hits a Russian Legsweep 1..2..Bock gets his foot on the rope. Funk swings Bock into the corner and follows with several shoulder thrusts. Funk hits a vertical suplex then goes to the top rope. Bock staggers up, Funk goes for a double axe handle but Bock punches him in the stomach. Bock regroups and stomps away on Funk. Bock swings Funk to the ropes and back drops him. Funk staggers up and Bock sends him down with a running forearm club. Bock hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a forearm drop 1..2..Kick Out. 

The fans boo when Bob Roop comes down the aisle and outside the ring. Roop is cheering Bock on. Bock picks Funk up but Funk hits a Stunner! Both men are down and hurting. The Ref starts the count. Both men stagger up at 8. Out of desperation Bock puts Funk in the Cobra Clutch! As Bock swings Funk around, Funk's foot hits the Ref and the Ref goes down. Funk hits a Jawbreaker to escape the hold! Once again both men are down. Roop gets in the ring. The fans boo as Roop picks up Funk and hits a Shoulder Breaker! The boos turn to cheers when Tito Santana hits the ring! Tito punches away on Roop, swings him to the ropes and drop kicks him through the ropes. Tito helps the Ref up and make sure he's ok. Tito exits. Bock and Funk slowly rise. Bock grabs Funk and swings him into the turnbuckles and charges in but Funk moves and Bock hits the turnbuckles head first. Funk pulls Bock out and hoists him up then crashes him down with the Piledriver 1..2..3!!!! 

Tito grabs the title, gets in the ring and hands it to Funk. Funk raises the title high but gives Tito a dirty look. 

Winner of the Match and STILL TNT Champion- Terry Funk

Lights Out Unsanctioned Bout 

Cocoa Samoa vs. Ratamyus 

Due to the suspension of Ratamyus, Cocoa pleaded with Commissioner Hennig to make this match. Hennig agreed and after months of beatings, Cocoa finally gets his wish. Ratamyus comes to the ring wearing his black hooded cape. He pulls off the hood and reveals his war paint. The fans are booing as he circles the ring like a madman. From out of nowhere, Cocoa comes out of the crowd and hits the ring. Cocoa drop kicks Ratamyus from behind. Ratamyus fly's through the ropes as the fans go wild! Cocoa goes to the outside, picks up Ratamyus by his hair and rams him into the steel post! Cocoa puts his knee on Ratamyu's chest, grabs his hair and just unleashes with punches. Ratamyus is busted open. Cocoa picks up Ratamyus and swings him into the post and charges in but Ratamyus just collapses and Cocoa hits the steel post. After a moment, Ratamyus staggers up and grabs a wooden chair. Cocoa is on his knees and Ratamyus smashes the chair over Cocoa's back. Ratamyus grabs a piece of wood from the chair and sticks in Cocoa's forehead and jams it down! Now Cocoa is bleeding. Ratamyus grabs a cable on the ground and starts to choke Cocoa with it. Ratamyus then takes Cocoa to a table and rams his head on it. Ratamyus bites Cocoa's bleeding forehead. Cocoa is lying on the table. Ratamyus hops on the apron then leaps off but Cocoa rolls off the table and Ratamyus crashes down on it! It takes a minute before Cocoa finally rises. Cocoa grabs 2 chairs and throws them in the ring. Cocoa drags Ratamyus and pushes him in the ring. He lays Ratamyus over a chair then puts a chair over Ratamyus face. The fans go crazy as Cocoa climbs to the top rope. Cocoa leaps off and hits a knee drop on the chair that's covering Ratamyus' face! Cocoa covers 1..2..3!!!! 

An elated, hurt and bleeding Cocoa raises his arms in victory as the fans cheer him on. 

Winner of the Match- Cocoa Samoa

Coming next month TNT presents SUMMER BLAST 84! 

Louisville got a real treat here.  I loved how you went from Atlas and Ayala being the tag champs to feuding with each other in a heart beat.  

King Carl Fergie.... I see potential here.

I think the Kansas Jayhawks could be a huge team for you of they can get by the Mr. Wrestlings.

You get the feeling that Steve and Denny might not be so buddy buddy by the end of Match 3....I do....

Dream Machine takes advantage of Wells being without his manager and picks up a big win.

A draw between the Jayhawks and the Wrestlings, and I am already looking forward to the rematch. I love me some Jayhawks!

Santana gets a nice win over Roop, that has to put him in title contention, but if we know Roop, he'll be looking for revenge.

Tully, Tully, Tully. Never bet against him. Guerrero may have won the shot, but winning the belt is a whole other story. Nice try kid!

Oh man, Lawler is gonna be pissed. Not only did he get screwed, but now there is a pretender to the throne. This is gonna get ugly.

The Fabs finally get the belts, then the former champs split in the most violent way possible. Love It! Loved all of it. Now we get Decimation vs the Fabs, and you get a nice Ayala vs Atlas feud as well. Perfectly booked!

Funker and Nicky have another good one, with more from Roop and Tito. Terry comes out on top, but it seems he doesn't appreciate Mr. Santana. Tito better watch himself or he may see a side of Terry that TNT hasn't gotten a look at yet.

Cocoa picks up a big win in a violent win to close out the show!

Already excited for Summer Blast and don't know a damn match on the card!!!!

This big card certainly delivered and then some!

Tito gets a solid win over Roop that will quickly raise him up in the rankings

Chavo was built up perfectly to seem like a legit threat to Tully's TV title but Tully retains...very well done. 

I like both the Jayhawks and The Wrestlings.....good way to go here...they still have plenty more story to tell.

Proud to see the Fabs regain the Southern tag team titles....and I finally get the brutal heel Ayala I've been longing for....perfectly timed.....and while there won't be any rematches for the former champs....Decimation is ready and waiting to come after the titles.

Just when you think HTM vs. Lawler couldn't be anymore of a perfect "southern rasslin feud", here comes a fake King who is also allegedly Lawler's cousin as well to join the fray....I LOVE IT!!

Funk vs. Bockwinkle is a classic match for the ages....and if Bockwinkle ends up getting traded away after this....what a match to end on!

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Roanne Fieldhouse, Memphis TN 6-14-84

Highlights are shown from the big card in Louisville. 

Lance Russell: Hello wrestling fans and boy do we have a big night of action in store. We'll be talking a lot about the Louisville card and what went down. Right now, I want to bring out the TNT Commissioner, Larry 'The Axe' Hennig. 

Larry: Thank you Lance. I'm very happy to announce that on July 16th at the Liberty Bowl Stadium, right here in Memphis, TNT will present Summer Blast 84. On that night you will see 3 AWA World Championship bouts. Also, all the TNT titles will be defended. On that note, tonight Tito Santana and Bob Roop will wrestle for a shot at the TNT title. Also, the Kansas Jayhawks will wrestle Mr. Wrestling 2 and 3 for a shot at the AWA Southern tag titles, now held by the Fabulous Ones. We will also have the 2nd match in the best of 3 series as Denny Brown takes on Steve O. Denny is one up in that series. 

Boos as Stan Stasiak leads his men Jumbo Tsuruta and Decimation out. 

Stasiak: Get to the real news Hennig! 

Hennig: I was getting to that Stasiak. I've talked with Verne Gagne and at Summer Blast, Hulk Hogan will defend the AWA World Title against the undefeated Jumbo Tsuruta. And of course the Road Warriors will defend the AWA World Tag titles against Decimation. 

Stasiak: That's right! Do you know what this means? It means the men you see with me will be world champions on July 16th! There's no way those muscle headed face painting freaks can match the power of Decimation. And what's Hogan going to do when he gets in the ring with an international legend and wrestling extraordinaire like Tsuruta. The man has all the tools to become world champion! Stan Stasiak is going to rule the AWA! 

Lance: Ok, there you have it. Summer Blast 84! So much happening in TNT. Let's go to the ring as we have a rematch from the Louisville card.

At the Gardens, McGraw pushed the Ref as Putski went for the Polish Hammer. Putski got the DQ win but demanded a rematch tonight. The bell rings and McGraw tries to exit the ring. Putski grabs him by the tights and yanks him back in. Putski just unloads on McGraw, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. McGraw staggers up and Putski scoop slams him, then drops a jumping elbow 1..2..Kick Out. Putski swings McGraw into the turnbuckles and charges in but McGraw lifts his knee and Putski hits it hard. McGraw regroups and stomps away then chokes Putski on the ropes. McGraw hits a snap suplex, swings off the ropes and drops a knee 1..2..Kick Out. McGraw yells at the Ref for to long. McGraw swings Putski to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Putski swings back and nails McGraw with the Polish Hammer 1..2..3! Huge pop! Putski shakes off the cobwebs and seems pleased to have finally put McGraw down. 

Winner of the Match- Ivan Putski 

Commercial Break

Highlights are shown of the Fabulous Ones winning the AWA Southern Tag Titles from Atlas and Ayala. Then highlights show Ayala turning on Atlas, clamps on the bearhug and rams Atlas in the steel post! 

Lance: Well fans, we will have pre recorded comments from both Ayala and Atlas later on but right now let's bring out the new tag champs, the Fabulous Ones. 

Big time cheers as the Fabs come out with the titles and smiling bright. 

Lance: Congratulations boys. It was a long road back but you did it. 

Fabs cut a promo and thank the fans for all their support on their road back to the titles. They cant wait to defend these straps in front of 50,000 fans in the Liberty Bowl. 

Lance says they'll find out soon as the Kansas Jayhawks will face Wrestling 2 and 3 right now for that opportunity. 

Their match at the Gardens ended in a draw. Both teams want that shot so the match starts with a fast pace. Jayhawks get control as they put Wrestling 3 down with a double back elbow smash. Jaggers follows with a hanging suplex then tags in Dutch. Dutch swings off the ropes and drops an elbow 1..2..Wrestling 2 breaks it with a stomp. Jaggers runs in but the Ref guides him back which allows Wrestling 2 to illegally switch with 3. Wrestling 2 suplexes Dutch then drops several knees 1..2..Kick Out. Wrestling 2 swings Dutch to the ropes and back drops him then tags in Wrestling 3. 3 hits a gut wrench suplex 1..2..Jaggers breaks it. Wrestling 3 tags in 2. They swing Dutch to the ropes but miss a double clothesline, Dutch swings back and puts them down with a clothesline then tags in Jaggers. Jaggers goes to town. He punches Wrestling 2 into the corner, then hits the Hangman's Neckbreaker on Wrestling 3 but the bell rings! Another draw! 

Larry Hennig comes out and announces there must be a winner. As he's conversing with the Ref, Wrestling 2 is loading something in his mask. The Ref signals for the bell. Dutch heads towards his corner, Wrestling 2 headbutts him from behind with the loaded mask! Dutch flies through the ropes. Jaggers hits Wrestling 2 from behind but the Ref breaks them up because Wrestling 3 is the legal man. Wrestling 3 clips Jaggers and tags in Wrestling 2. Wrestling 2 picks up Jaggers and headbutts him with the loaded mask 1..2..3! Boos! Wrestling 2 and 3 get the title shot! 

Winners of the Match- Mr. Wrestling 2/3

Commercial Break 

Lance: Well it appears Mr. Wrestling 2 and 3 pulled out a shady win and will get the tag title shot at Summer Blast. Unbelievable. Our next match will be the TNT debut of two ring veterans. Should be a good match up. 

Gino Brito Jr. vs. 'The Tempest' Richard Charland 

Both men trade holds for the first few minutes. Brito swings Charland to the ropes but Charland comes back with a Thesz Press but Brito holds on and both men go over the top rope and hit the ground hard. The Ref counts and neither man can make it back in the ring by the 10 count. Both men stagger up. They stare at each other and Brito starts to walk away when WHAM! Charland nails him from behind. Charland grabs Brito by the hair and rams him into the steel post, busting him open! Officials run out to break it up. 

Official Ruling- A Double Countout 

Commercial Break

Lance: Wow! Ok, Charland not happy with Brito. Brito was helped out of here. I hope he's ok. Fans, at the Gardens we saw an addition to the Hart Family as the self proclaimed King, Carl Fergie attacked Jerry Lawler. We'll see Fergie in action tonight but right now, please welcome out Jerry The King Lawler! 

Massive cheers

Lawler: That little Wiesel Jimmy Hart did it again. Let me tell you something Big Mouth. There's only one King in Memphis brother and you're looking at him. It seems Hart's stooges like to interfere in mine and Dream Machine's matches. Well I think I have a solution. July 16, at Summer Blast, the 3 stooges against myself, Dream Machine and a mystery partner...Inside a Steel Cage! You misfits have the guts? Let's just see how tough that wannabe football player, cheap Elvis impersonator and court jester really are! Personally I think they're all Jack Asses and gutless!

Lance: Oh my! The challenge has been made. Ok, when we come back the team of Stampede Rush. 

Commercial Break 

Stampede Rush (Duke Myers and Kerry Brown) vs. Todd Rooney and Mike Smith 

At the Gardens, Myers showed up in Brown's corner and took care of Johnny Valiant as Brown  defeated Goldie Rogers. It appears Myers and Brown are back together as Stampede Rush. 

Myers swings Rooney to the ropes and hits a back elbow smash. Myers body slams Rooney then tags in Brown. Brown jumps off the top rope with a knee drop 1..2...3! The fans cheer as Stampede Rush raises their arms. Boos from the fans as Johnny Valiant leads Goldie Rogers and Mr. Electricity Steve Regal. Regal and Rogers hit the ring just as Stampede Rush turns around. Both teams brawl all over the ring and into a commercial break. 

Winners of the Match- Stampede Rush 

Commercial Break

Lance: Ok, with me now is Johnny Valiant and his men. Just what was that all about? Sour grapes? 

Valiant: Watch your mouth Russell! Sour grapes nothing. Johnny Valiant moves on and here I am with the Blonde Bombers, Regal and Rogers. This team is going to rid TNT of those Stampede Goons and then it's on to the titles. And that's not all, just wait until you see who else I'm bringing in baby! 

Lance: Well, there you have it from Johnny V. Fans, TNT wrestling would like to congratulate Brad Armstrong on winning the AWA Light Heavyweight Title from the Dynamite Kid in a classic match from SECW's big June Jam Extravaganza. New champ Brad Armstrong will defend that title against the winner of the Denny Brown/Steve O series. Match 2 happens right now. 

Best of 3 series for AWA LH Title shot- Brown leads 1-0 

'Downtown' Denny Brown vs. Steve O 

Match starts with a handshake. The first few minutes is hard fought but clean. Denny executes a fireman's carry and a quick standing leg drop 1..2.Kick Out. Denny hits a vertical suplex and follows with another suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Brown swings Steve to the ropes and goes for a back drop, Steve leapfrogs over but hits his groin as Denny raises his head. Steve rolls over in pain. The Ref looks him over as Denny backs up to the corner. After a minute, Steve O rises and tells the Ref he can continue. Denny gives Steve some extra time. They lock up and Steve arm drags Denny through the ropes. Steve sees Denny on the outside and is apologetic. He backs up and gives Denny some time. Denny regroups and as he climbs through the ropes, Steve runs over and cradles him into the ring 1..2..3! Denny is on his knees with a puzzled look. Steve raises his hand in victory then offers it to Denny. Denny seems a bit pissed and just walks out. Steve shrugs his shoulders and heads to the podium as Lance wants a word.

Winner of the Match- Steve O

Lance: I think Denny was expecting the same sportsmanship he gave you earlier in the match.

Steve: Lance, I have a tremendous amount of respect for Denny Brown. I appreciate the sportsmanship and I did the same in return. I thought I gave him ample enough time and I capitalized when I felt the time was appropriate. That's it. I'm truly sorry if it seemed underhanded, wasn't my intentions. I look forward to meeting Denny for the final match next week. 

Lance: Well, he seems sincere. I guess we'll see how this ends next week. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans, next week in San Antonio, TV Champ Tully Blanchard will be in action, the Guererros return as a team. And the Universal Heartthrob Austin Idol returns after some time off. Fans, at the Gardens, Cocoa Samoa and Ratamyus were involved in a brutal Lights Out Match. A bloodied and battered Cocoa emerged victorious. Cocoa is at home recuperating but will be with us next week. Fans, let's go to the ring for the debut of Jimmy Hart's newest acquisition.

'King' Carl Fergie w/Jimmy Hart vs. Gary Williams 

Fergie gets heat by wearing a king's crown to the ring. Him and Hart antagonize the fans. Fergie punishes Williams with stomps and choking. Fergie body slams Williams then mocks Lawler by hopping on the middle ropes and crashing down with a fist drop to get the pin! Fergie and Hart are joined by George Wells and the Honkytonk Man at the podium. 

Winner of the Match- Carl Fergie 

Hart: Stand back, Lance and let Jimmy take over. I heard Lawler out here shooting his mouth off with empty threats. Do we look scared? Lawler wants a cage match, he's got it and we don't care who he brings in. To tell you the truth I didn't even know he had any friends HAHAHA. Look at my friends. I have a real life King, I have the greatest entertainer in the world and I have a man who's grid iron tough baby! The Hart Family brings everything to the table baby and we cant wait to put Lawler and his band of fools down at Summer Blast! HAHAHAHAHA! 

Commercial Break 

A video is shown of Hercules Ayala chopping down trees! He stops and looks into the camera. 

Ayala: The beast is released! Atlas! You are weak and I became weak. No More! I will not be held back any longer! I start with you Atlas! 

Ayala shouts then goes back to chopping the tree. 

Pre recorded

Atlas: (Bandages around mid section) Ayala, I trusted you and together we became champions. Then you go and do this to me. I aint crying and sulking. No way! I'm going to get back in the gym and brother I'm coming to get you! 

Highlights are shown of Terry Funk defeating Nick Bockwinkle at the Gardens to retain the TNT title. Up next is a match to determine his challenger for Summer Blast. 

Commercial Break

Winner gets a TNT Title Shot at Summer Blast 

These two have been really going at it lately and it's no different here as they start fighting as soon as the bell rings. Tito gets the upper hand and punches Roop into the corner then hip tosses him over. Roop staggers up and Tito puts him down with a dropkick. Roop staggers up and Tito puts him down with another dropkick. Roop rises and Tito hits an Atomic drop that sends Roop through the ropes. The fans cheer as Tito pumps his fists. Roop finally gets up and staggers around the ring as the Ref counts. Roop hops on the apron, Tito runs over but Roop rakes the eyes and snaps Tito's head on the top rope. Roop gets in the ring and works Tito over with stomps, then grabs the top rope and drops several knees. Roop picks up Tito, clamps on a hammerlock and slams him down. Roop stomps away on the shoulder then hoists Tito up and executes the shoulder breaker 1..2..Tito gets his foot on the rope. Roop is furious and berates the Ref. Roop picks up Tito and attempts a suplex but Tito blocks it and suplexes Roop back! Both men are lying there. The Ref starts the count and both men stagger up at 8. Roop kicks Tito low then puts him down with a rabbit punch to the back. Roop drops several axe handles on the back, then hoists Tito up and hits a backbreaker 1..2..Tito barley gets his shoulder up. Roop is outraged and yells at the Ref. Roop swings Tito to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Tito kicks him. Tito slowly punches away on Roop then turns it up and hammers away, swings Roop into the turnbuckles, Roop hits hard and staggers into a back drop. Roop is dazed as he slowly rises, Tito runs by him, swings off the ropes and comes back with the flying forearm blast 1..2..3! Huge Pop as Tito is on his knees with an exhausted look. The Ref reaches down and raises his arm. 

Winner of the Match- Tito Santana 

Commercial Break 

Tito is standing with Lance at the podium. Tito is catching his breath. 

Lance: It's now official, you will face Terry Funk on July 16th in the Liberty Bowl Stadium at Summer Blast for the TNT Title. How does it feel? 

Tito: Feels great Lance. I came here and that was my goal and I had to fight a lot of hard battles to get here. I have a ton of respect for Terry Funk and look forward to facing him. 

There's a big stir as Terry Funk comes to the podium with the belt on his shoulder. 

Lance: The TNT Champ, Terry Funk! 

Terry: These people know who I am Lance. (Looks at Tito) I know what you've been doing. Don't you people see what's been going on? Tito Santana came in here and rubbed shoulders with me and manipulated his way into a TNT title shot. You might have been able to fool everybody here but you don't fool me. You could of just been man enough and challenged me to a match face to face.

Tito: Hold on Terry, I don't know what you're talking about. All I did was watch your back a couple times. As far as my title match goes, I earned it. I don't play games. I compete in the ring and the goal is to become champion. I'm a competitor, simple as that. 

Terry: (Slow clap) You're real good. Bravo. You can spin it however you want but at Summer Blast, there's no way you're taking this title from me. You don't stand a chance! 

The show ends with an intense stare down. 

Summer Blast 84

July 16th, Liberty Bowl Stadium, Memphis TN 

AWA World Title Bout

Hulk Hogan (C) vs. Jumbo Tsuruta w/Stan Stasiak

AWA World Tag Title Bout

Road Warriors (C) w/Paul Ellering vs. Decimation w/Stan Stasiak 

AWA World Light Heavyweight Title Bout

Brad Armstrong (C) vs. Steve O or Denny Brown

TNT Title Bout

Terry Funk (C) vs. Tito Santana

Fabulous Ones (C) vs. Mr. Wrestling 2/3

6 Man STEEL CAGE Match!!!

Jerry 'The King' Lawler,  Dream Machine, Mystery Partner

vs. 

'King' Carl Fergie, Honkytonk Man, 'Master G' George Wells w/Jimmy Hart 

Fun show as TNT stays hot after the big show from Louisville.  

I love Mr. Wrestling II as a Heel!

Jumbo for a title bout is going to be fun

Atlas-Ayala is going to be a fun brawl.  It could put one over and end ones time as a big draw in TNT

The battle of the Kings seems to be on the horizon

Looking forward to Tito-Funk

Summer Blast quickly took shape to be the event of the summer!

Hogan vs. Jumbo for the title is going to bring people from all over to witness this live!

I love the Jayhawks but I'm super excited to see the Mr. Wrestlings face off with the Fabs for the Southern Tag titles!

I don't feel like Atlas is ready for the intensity that Ayala is bringing to this match...time will tell.

It's always fun to see who Lawler pulls out as a "mystery partner" especially in a cage...this one should get bloody!  I don't think Fergie knows what he's done!

Decimation vs. The Warriors is going to be a WAR!!

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Junction, San Antonio TX 6-21-84

Steve Stack: Welcome everybody to another edition of TNT wrestling here on the USA Network. All roads head to the Liberty Bowl on July 16th as TNT presents Summer Blast 84! Last week Tito Santana defeated Bob Roop to get a TNT title shot at Summer Blast. Tonight, the TNT champ Terry Funk will be in action. Also tonight, Jerry Lawler takes on Hart Family member George Wells. AWA Southern tag champs, the Fabulous Ones will be in the ring. As well as TV champ Tully Blanchard. Austin Idol returns and the 3rd and final match of the Denny Brown/Steve O series. One of those men will face AWA Light heavyweight Champ Brad Armstrong at Summer Blast. Let's get to the ring.

The Guerreros vs. Todd Rooney and Dave Wilkins 

The fans cheer as the Guerreros are back in action as a team. They look sharp tonight as they dominate their opponents with high offensive moves. The end comes when the Guerreros hit a double dropkick for the win! 

The Guerreros cut a promo at the podium and say they're very happy to be back together and the goal is to win the titles! 

Commercial Break 

TV Champ Tully Blanchard vs. Gary Williams 

Tully looks arrogant as ever and just toys with Williams while taunting the fans. Tully turns it up with several elbow drops before hoisting Williams up and hitting the Sling Shot Suplex for the win! 

The fans boo as Tully holds the TV title high with a smirk. 

Stack: Another win for the TV champ. On that note, please welcome out commissioner Larry Hennig. Larry I understand you have an announcement regarding the TV title and Summer Blast. 

Larry: Thank you Steve and yes I do. At Summer Blast, Tully Blanchard will defend the TV title against this man.

Austin Idol walks out as Joan Jett blares on the speakers and heads to the podium. Some boos as the last time we saw Idol, he was heeling it up. 

Stack: Ok, Austin Idol is back and gets a shot at the TV title. Must feel pretty good. 

Idol: Sure does Steve. You know, I've been gone awhile and I cant tell you how much I missed that ring baby. 

Boos as Tully Blanchard comes out. 

Tully: Once again, I'm totally disrespected! Not only was I not scheduled for an interview but I find out I have to defend my title against this joke. What the hell is going on here? Why does Idol deserve a shot? The last time we saw him, Hulk Hogan put him through the mat. Then he disappears. While all that is happening, yours truly was beating every opponent put in front of him. You're not in my league Idol and don't deserve this shot! 

Hennig: Tully, you've been an outstanding champ and have had a tremendous reign. I felt with Idol's history here, he deserves the shot

Tully: Then listen up Hennig. I want something out of this! When I beat Idol at Summer Blast, I want a shot at the TNT title! Why? Because I deserve it. 

Idol: Slow down brother. When you beat me? Let's get something straight, the Universal Heartthrob is back daddy and I plan on taking that title! 

Tully and Idol get closer but Hennig prevents an altercation. 

Commercial Break 

Winner gets AWA LH Title Shot at Summer Blast 

'Downtown' Denny Brown vs. Steve O 

The series is tied 1-1 and this match determines who gets the shot. Steve O offers his hand. After what happened last week, Denny is reluctant but eventually shakes it. The first few minutes is fast paced and back and forth. Both men go all out but keep it clean. Steve gets control and almost gets a pin with a cross body block. Steve body slams Denny, swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Steve goes for a suplex but Denny blocks it and suplexes Steve! Denny regroups. Denny hits a gut wrench suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Denny swings Steve to the ropes and back drops him. Steve staggers up and Denny cradles him 1..2..Kick Out. The fans boo as Mr. Wrestling 2 walks around the ring. Denny is distracted by this. Denny swings Steve into the turnbuckles and charges in but Steve moves. Both men are trying to regroup. The Ref is looking down at Steve. Denny staggers up and swings off the ropes but Wrestling 2 trips him. Denny staggers forward and is nailed by a knee lift from Steve 1..2..3! Massive boos as Steve jumps up and down celebrating. Wrestling 2 enters the ring and raises his arm which elevates the boos. Steve O gets the title shot. 

Stack: Wrestling 2, Steve O just a minute, what's going on here? 

Wrestling 2: It's very simple Stack. This man Steve O is a winner. He just needed someone to guide him in the right direction. These idiot fans out here were holding this man back. I can get him on track and I can get him a championship. Ask Mr. Wrestling 3 Jessie Barr. We're going to win the tag titles at Summer Blast and now the One and Only Steve O is going to win the AWA LH title! 

Steve O: The One and Only! HA, I love it! I've gotten more attention in the last 5 minutes than I have in 2 years and it's because of Mr. Wrestling 2. Thank you.

Wrestling 2 and Steve hug as the crowd boos.

Stack: Unbelievable 

Commercial Break

Denny Brown is at the podium and Stack says he must be disappointed. 

Denny: Damn right I am! I came here for a shot at the title and tonight it was taken away. Steve O! You proved you couldn't get the job done and needed help. Wrestling 2! Steve O! This isn't over by a long shot! 

Stack: An understandably upset Denny Brown. Let's go to the ring. 

AWA Southern Tag Team Champs The Fabulous Ones vs. The Travis Twins

The champs get a huge pop tonight and lot's of love as they walk down the aisle. The champs are on fire tonight and finish off their opponents with a double suplex for the win! 

The Fabs cut a promo and say They cant wait to defend the gold against Mr. Wrestling 2/3 at Summer Blast. They say Wrestling 2 needs an attitude adjustment and they'll be happy to give it to him. 

Commercial Break 

Jumbo Tsuruta w/Stan Stasiak vs. Tim Oliver 

Stasiak has his man ready for his big AWA World title shot at Summer Blast. Jumbo chops away on Oliver then executes an overhead belly to belly suplex. Jumbo then finishes him off with the Powerbomb 1..2..3! Stasiak yells something at Jumbo. Jumbo nods, grabs Oliver by his hair and hurls him over the top rope! They head to the podium. 

Stack: Summer Blast 84, Jumbo Tsuruta gets the AWA World title shot against Hulk Hogan. 

Stasiak: Shut up Stack! The countdown is on. Summer Blast will be a historic night for my men. Decimation are going to destroy those paint face muscle headed freaks to become AWA world tag team champions. This man here, Jumbo Tsuruta is the most devastating wrestler in the world. Hogan has never been in the ring with someone like him. Tsuruta can over power him and out wrestle him. You people are looking at the next AWA world champ! 

Commercial Break 

Cocoa Samoa vs. Hank Richards 

Cocoa is back after that brutal victory over Ratamyus in a Lights Out Match. Cocoa looks good as he drop kicks Richards down. Cocoa body slams Richards, hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a headbutt for the win! 

Cocoa is celebrating when WHAM! he's nailed from behind by the Cuban Assassins! The Assassins stomp away then hold him as Ratamyus (wearing face paint) enters the ring with a chain! Ratamyus hits Cocoa with the chain, busting him open. Ratamyus starts choking Cocoa with the chain as the fans boo heavily. The fans roar as the Guerreros hit the ring and clean house! The Guerreros check on Cocoa and signal for help. 

Commercial Break

Stack: My goodness. Cocoa was in bad shape. I thought that feud was over but...

Ratamyus and the Cuban Assassins (Fidel and Angel) hit the podium. Ratamyus has the chain. 

Ratamyus: Cocoa Samoa! Did you think this was over? It's over when I say it's over. It felt good to spill your blood once again. Guerreros! You just made a grave mistake! 

They storm off before Stack can ask any questions. 

Stack: Obviously this war is going to continue. I know Cocoa is being looked at in the back. We have another video sent in by Hercules Ayala. 

Video shows Ayala pulling a car uphill! He stops and looks at the camera.

Ayala: Atlas! I don't want a wrestling match with you. I want a fight! I want to hurt and punish you! I want a taped fist fight! Do you have the guts? 

Ayala goes back to pulling the car as the video ends. 

'Mr. USA' Tony Atlas vs. Clint Curtis 

Atlas works over Curtis with thrusts followed by a jumping headbutt. Atlas hits the Gorilla Pres Slam followed by a body splash for the pin! The fans cheer as Atlas heads to the podium. 

Stack asks him about the Ayala video. 

Atlas: Ayala wants a fight? Boy! You got one! 

Commercial Break 

TNT Champ Terry Funk vs. Stu Jersky 

Funk is aggressive tonight as he works over Jersky with some punches and open hand slaps. Funk hits a Russian Legsweep and follows with a reverse neckbreaker to get the easy pin! Funk holds up his title then heads to the podium. 

Stack mentions his issues with upcoming challenger Tito Santana.

Funk: I told you people over and over again, Tito Santana is not who you think he is. Tito is a sneaky manipulator. And now Tito gets what he wants but be careful Tito because I'm the one you have to beat for this title and like I've said, I'm holding onto this title by any means necessary!   

Commercial Break

Stack runs down next week's show. Austin Idol, Kansas Jayhawks, Decimation and Ivan Putski will be in action. Also, the debut of a new tag team Ricky Vaughn and Scott McGhee known as The Real Deal. The Blonde Bombers will face The Stampede Rush and the Dream Machine will take on King Carl Fergie. Let's go to our main event. 

Jerry 'The King' Lawler vs. 'Master G' George Wells w/Jimmy Hart 

Last week we heard the big announcement for Summer Blast as the Hart Family (Fergie, HTM and Wells) will take on Lawler, Dream Machine and a mystery partner in a steel cage match! 

The bell rings but of course Jimmy Hart stays in the ring yelling at Lawler through his megaphone. Lawler has enough and grabs Hart but Wells nails Lawler and punches away as Hart bails through the ropes. Wells stomps away then chokes Lawler with his boot and rakes it across his face. Wells picks up Lawler and slams him on the top rope. Wells chokes Lawler on the ropes then hoists him up and  suplexes him. Wells and Hart are laughing and having a good time. Wells climbs to the top rope but spends to much time yelling at the fans. Lawler gets up and the crowd explodes as he slams Wells off the top rope! Hart gets on the apron. Lawler picks up Wells and swings him into Hart. Well's head hits the megaphone. Lawler rolls Wells up 1..2..3! 

An exhausted Lawler staggers up and raises his arm in victory. Massive boos as Fergie and the Honkytonk Man hit the ring and put the boots to Lawler. They stomp away. Wells staggers up and joins in. Cheers as Dream Machine hits the ring with fists flying! Hart is still staggering on the outside. Dream fights but 3 on 1 is to much. They hurl Dream out of the ring. HTM lifts Lawler up and puts him down with the swinging neckbreaker. HTM holds a limp Lawler up as Wells leaps off the top rope with a flying shoulder tackle! Fergie then hoists Lawler up and piledrives him down! 

Jimmy Hart crawls back in the ring and is helped up. The show ends with Hart, HTM, Wells and Fergie standing over an unconscious Lawler holding their arms high and smiling as the fans boo. 

Summer Blast 84

July 16th, Liberty Bowl, Memphis TN

AWA World Title Bout 

Hulk Hogan (C) vs. Jumbo Tsuruta w/Stan Stasiak 

AWA World Tag Title Bout

Road Warriors (C) w/Paul Ellering  vs. Decimation w/Stan Stasiak 

TNT Title Bout

Terry Funk (C) vs. Tito Santana

AWA Light Heavyweight Title Bout

Brad Armstrong (C) vs. 'The One and Only' Steve O w/Mr. Wrestling 2

TNT TV Title Bout

Tully Blanchard (C) vs. 'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol 

The Fabulous Ones (C) vs. Mr. Wrestling 2/3

Taped Fist Match

Hercules Ayala vs. Tony Atlas 

And 

STEEL CAGE MATCH!!!!!

Jerry 'The King' Lawler/Dream Machine/Mystery Partner

vs.

'King' Carl Fergie/Honkytonk Man/'Master G' George Wells w/ Jimmy Hart 

Mr. Wrestling 2 makes for a great mentor for Steve O, I like it a lot!

Idol is back and challenging Tully for the TV title, will the ring be big enough to hold these two egos?? This will be interesting to watch unfold.

Jumbo makes such a great challenger for the title....no one in that arena couldn't believe he could take the title.

Hart and company are standing tall once again....I'm very curious about this mystery partner...so many possibilities!

• spaldoni changed the title to USWA