Pro Wrestling Only

AWA Continental Championship Wrestling

GeneJackson95

Fun spot shows. 

Bret Wayne and Jessie Barr should make some solid mid card faces. 

Larry Hamilton had some good title defenses. 

Mr. Olympia had a bittersweet week as he gets a solid win over Boyd to retain but takes a beating from Brody while subbing for JYD. Brody is on a rampage! 

Cooley is rising fast and I like it. 

Fuller and Golden get the best of Fire and Flame but Fire and Flame get their heat back with a win over Rat Patrol. 

Superstar Graham gets a huge win over Ron Fuller, keeping him in title contention. 

And of course the Midnight Express retain. Yes! 

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWA Southeastern Championship Wrestling

Civic Center
Montgomery, Alabama
Friday March 8, 1984
Bell Time: 8pm

Mr. Pogo w/Sonny King defeated Brett Wayne Sawyer (replacing Porkchop Cash) with a Japanese Sleeper

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Lord Jonathan Boyd w/Sonny King with a small package

Grudge Tag Team Match
Mr. Olympia/Larry Hamilton (subbing for Jacques Rougeau) defeated Tommy Gilbert/"Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Ms. Brenda Britton by DQ when Brenda Britton interfered

AWA World Light Heavyweight Championship
Dynamite Kid pinned Bill Ash after a tombstone piledriver

Non-Title Rematch
The Rat Patrol (Scott & Steve Armstrong) w/Johnny Rich defeated The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey/Randy Rose) when Johnny Rich prevented Condrey from handing Rose a chain which resulted in Scott getting a school boy roll up on Rose for the win

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
AWA Southeastern Championship
Paul Jones BARRED from ringside
"Nature Boy" Ric Flair defeated "Superstar" Billy Graham by DQ when Bruiser Brody hit the ring at the 18 minute mark and attacked Flair……he delivered two piledrivers to Flair in the ring and then threw him out to the floor and delivered another one on the concrete……Flair had to be stretchered out of the building and was taken away in an ambulance

MAIN EVENT
SIX MAN TAG MATCH
Fire & Flame/Bruiser Brody w/Paul Jones defeated Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden/Junkyard Dog w/"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller when Brody pinned Golden after a big boot to the face followed by a knee drop after Jones grabbed Golden's leg causing him to be distracted for a moment then turning back around to the boot to the face

Another good show from SECW.

My man Cooley keeps on winning.

Like that Olympia/Hamilton impromptu pairing but somebody is going to have to watch out for Miss Brenda. 

Dynamite keeps his impressive title reign going by beating veteran light heavyweight Bill Ash.

Rat Patrol might have earned themselves a title match with the Midnight Express.

Whoa man what a title match but the after math was shocking as Brody goes crazy on Flair! Flair might be out for a long time putting his title in jeopardy. 

Crazy main event. Brody is on such a rampage that I don't think anyone can stop him. 

SECWLogo.jpg

AWA Southeastern Championship

Wrestling Television
WTVY Ch. 4 Studio
Dothan, Alabama
Airing at 5:30pm on Saturday March 9, 1984
Hosted by Charlie Platt & Les Thatcher
Interviews: Rick Stewart

SECWTVCap.jpg

(Before the opening montage, we see Bruiser Brody's brutal attack on Southeastern Champion "Nature Boy" Ric Flair during his title defense against Superstar Graham last night in Montgomery, Alabama where he executed two piledrivers in the ring on Flair, and one on the floor resulting in Flair being stretchered out of the building into a waiting ambulance to be taken to a local hospital in Montgomery)

plattstand.jpg

Platt: "Fans, you just saw the heinous attack by Bruiser Brody on Southeastern Champion Ric Flair last night in Montgomery, Alabama.  We don't currently know the full extent of Ric's injuries but we do know for sure that he will not be cleared to compete tonight in his scheduled AWA World Title match against Jerry 'the King' Lawler…" (Before Platt can continue, AWA World Champion Jerry Lawler comes out and interupts)

Lawlerchamp2.jpg

Lawler: "Well Charlie Platt, that is just a real shame about Flair getting hurt like that…..I know I'll be facing Mr. Olympia here on tv today and then I'll guess I'll be off tonight and tomorrow until Monday night in Birmingham where I'll have to defend against Bruiser Brody."
(Les Thatcher comes out from the back)

Thatcher: "Charlie, I'm sorry I wasn't out here for the opening of the program but I just got off the phone with the AWA Championship committee and they've informed me that due to the injury of Ric Flair they are flying in a top contender to challenge Mr. Lawler at the Houston County Farm Center tonight."

Lawler: "WHAT?? And who might that be??"

Thatcher: "That would be none other than……Stan 'the Lariat' Hansen!"

Lawler: "Stan Hansen!?!? Are they crazy……you mean to tell me I have a non-title match here on television with Mr. Olympia, the Alabama Heavyweight Champion…..then TONIGHT I have to defend against Stan Hansen……and then on Monday I have to face Brody!?!?"

Thatcher: "Well….not necessarily, if you lose to Hansen tonight…..HE will be defending against Bruiser Brody on Monday in Birmingham."

Lawler: "Oh that's real cute Thatcher….yuck it up and have some fun…..they call me the King for a reason….I'll beat Hansen…and I'll beat Brody….just like I would have beaten Flair had he been there tonight, I promise you that!"
===========================================
MATCH #1:
Junkyard Dog pinned Randy Barber with a 'THUMP' powerslam

**Post Match Interview with Rick Stewart**

JYD.jpg

Stewart: "JYD, tonight you have a tall task ahead of you as you face the wild man that's been leaving a trail of bodies in his wake including Ric Flair……the one and only Bruiser Brody."

JYD: "Trail of bodies is right Rick Stewart…….what he did to Ric Flair last night in Montgomery was disgraceful…..Ric Flair and I haven't always seen eye to eye but what Brody did was uncalled for and tonight right here in Dothan I'm going to put a stop to this madness caused by Bruiser Brody and Paul Jones!"
===========================================
COMMERCIAL:
Southeastern Championship Wrestling
Houston County Farm Center
Dothan, Alabama
Saturday March 9, 1984
Bell time: 8:30pm

MAIN EVENT
AWA World Heavyweight Championship
Jerry 'the King' Lawler
Vs.
Stan Hansen  (replacing the injured Ric Flair)

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
GRUDGE MATCH
Junkyard Dog
Vs.
Bruiser Brody w/Paul Jones

SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
Robert & Ron Fuller/Jimmy Golden
Vs.
Fire & Flame/"Superstar" Billy Graham w/Paul Jones

Alabama Heavyweight Championship - Rematch
Mr. Olympia
Vs.
"Hustler" Rip Roger w/Ms. Brenda Britton

U.S. Jr Heavyweight Championship
Larry Hamilton
Vs.
Roy Lee Welch

PLUS TWO MORE BIG MATCHES

(CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
===================================
MATCH #2:
Fire & Flame w/Paul Jones defeated Tom Jones/Mike Jackson when the Flame pinned Jones after a splash

After the match, Fire & Flame continue to beat on Jackson and Jones at the direction of Paul Jones until Robert Fuller & Jimmy Golden hit the ring and fought Fire and Flame out of the ring and out of the side door of the studio as the crowd went crazy!!
=====================================
MATCH #3:
"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Randy Watson after a running bulldog

=====================================
COMMERCIAL:
Boutwell Auditorium
Birmingham, Alabama
Monday March 11, 1984
Bell time: 8pm

MAIN EVENT
Winner of Lawler vs. Hansen on 3/9 in Dothan
Vs.
Bruiser Brody

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
TEN MAN ELIMINATION MATCH
Ric Flair/JYD/Ron Fuller/Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden
Vs.
Superstar Graham/Fire/Flame/Dennis Condrey/Randy Rose

SIX MAN GRUDGE MATCH
The Rat Patrol (Scott & Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich)
Vs.
Kendo Nagasaki/Mr. Pogo/Tojo Yamamoto w/Sonny King

Jesse Barr
Vs.
Lord Jonathan Boyd w/Sonny King

Winner of Hamilton vs. Welch
Vs.
Tommy Gilbert

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley
Vs.
Col. Buck Robley

(Card Subject to Change)
===============================
MATCH #4:
"Superstar" Billy Graham w/Paul Jones defeated Roy Munson by submission with a bear hug

**Post Match Interview w/Rick Stewart**

PaulJonesSuperstarGraham.jpg

Stewart: "Some big matches coming up for your men, Paul Jones."

Jones: "That's right, tonight this man 'Superstar' Billy Graham is going to join forces with Fire & Flame to take on the Fullers and Jimmy Golden…..and my monster Bruiser Brody is going to destroy the Junkyard Dog just like he did Ric Flair and just like he's going to destroy Jerry Lawler and become the AWA World Champion on Monday night in Birmingham! 

Graham: "Rick Stewart, you listen and listen good……Brody is a mad man….he's a monster….he can't be stopped and he can't be controlled…..if it wasn't for Brody I'd be the Southeastern Champion right now…..but you know what I'm not even mad Stewart…..I'm not even mad……any time a guy like Ric Flair can be put in the hospital, it's worth my sacrifice….and with Bruiser Brody becoming the AWA World Champion this Monday night…….that Southeastern Championship will be all mine!"
================================
MATCH #5:
MAIN EVENT
NON-TITLE MATCH
AWA World Champion Jerry 'the King' Lawler defeated Alabama Champion Mr. Olympia by count out when Rip Rogers came to ringside to distract Olympia who went out to the floor to brawl with Rogers as the show went off the air

© 1984 AWA Southeastern Championship Wrestling
===============================================

SECWLogo.jpg

Houston County Farm Center
Dothan, Alabama
Saturday March 9, 1984
Bell time: 8:30pm

Mike Jackson pinned Carl Fergie with a sunset flip off the top rope

Kendo Nagasaki/Mr. Pogo/Tojo Yamamoto w/Sonny King defeated "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/Brett Wayne Sawyer/Jesse Barr when Nagasaki beat Sawyer with the Oriental Claw

Larry Hamilton pinned Roy Lee Welch with a backslide

Alabama Heavyweight Championship - Rematch
"Hustler" Rip Roger w/Ms. Brenda Britton pinned Mr. Olympia after Tommy Gilbert distracted referee Larry Brock allowing Ms. Brenda to spray Olympia in the eyes with air freshener……and Rogers has quickly regained the Alabama championship

SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
Robert & Ron Fuller/Jimmy Golden defeated Fire & Flame/"Superstar" Billy Graham w/Paul Jones when Ron Fuller defeated Fire by Submission with the "Fuller Leglock"

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
GRUDGE MATCH
Junkyard Dog fought Bruiser Brody w/Paul Jones to a double count out

MAIN EVENT
Stan Hansen defeated Jerry 'the King' Lawler by DQ when Hansen nailed Lawler with a 'Lariat' and looked to have the title won when "Paul Jones' Army" of Fire & Flame and Superstar Graham all hit the ring and attacked Hansen…..Lawler looking confused simply rolled out of the ring and started backing down the aisle with this title belt over his shoulder….until he backed into the waiting Bruiser Brody…Lawler turned around and was laid out by Brody…..who picked up the title…..held it to his waist and then dropped it across the fallen champion, meanwhile in the ring….Hansen was starting to come back on Fire/Flame/Superstar until Brody slid into the ring and blasted Hansen with a big boot to the face….he then picked Hansen up and gave him a piledriver!  Brody then grabbed a mic as he stood over Hansen…"Sorry old friend…..WRONG PLACE…..WRONG TIME!!"

BrodyBoot.jpg

Oh Man, a war is brewing and it is gonna get ugly.  If Fuller and Golden can get Hansen on the team, these matches are gonna be absolute chaos!!

I bet Lawler will never be so happy to get out of Alabama if he escapes with the title.

If Flair is smart, he'll take full advantage of the 30 day rule if it's in place.

Oh man the non stop action continues in SECW! 

Love all the intrigue surrounding the AWA world title with Lawler, Hansen and Brody.

Fullers/Golden- Fire and Flame feud continues to explode. 

Good job using the TV to hype up the cards.

Rip Rogers quickly regains the Alabama title thanks to Gilbert and Brenda. I think Olympia will need some back up. 

Big win for Fullers and Golden as they get a satisfying submission win over Paul Jones Army.

Wild match between Brody and JYD. Props to JYD for hanging in there with Brody. 

Crazy main event as the Paul Jones Army puts a beating on Hansen. Lawler thinks he gets a clean getaway until Brody puts him down. 

YES! It looks like we're heading into a Brody/Hansen feud! That's going to be insane! 

Boutwell Auditorium
Birmingham, Alabama
Monday March 11, 1984
Bell time: 8pm

(At the opening of the show, Charlie Platt announced Ric Flair could not compete tonight due to the injuries sustained at the hands of Bruiser Brody and that "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley would be taking his place in tonight's ten man tag team elimination match)

Art Crews pinned Col. Buck Robley with a small package

Tommy Gilbert pinned Larry Hamilton with a small package and a handful of tights to win the U.S. Jr Heavyweight Championship after a distraction at ringside from Rip Rogers and Ms. Brenda Britton

Jesse Barr pinned Lord Jonathan Boyd w/Sonny King after a belly to belly suplex

SIX MAN GRUDGE MATCH
The Rat Patrol (Scott & Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich) defeated Kendo Nagasaki/Mr. Pogo/Tojo Yamamoto w/Sonny King when Rich pinned Tojo with a small package

Alabama Heavyweight Championship
Mr. Olympia defeated "Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Ms. Brenda Britton by DQ when Ms. Brenda ran in when Olympia trapped Rogers in the sleeper and raked Olympia's eyes before Rogers' arm dropped for the third time......After the match Mr. Olympia took the mic and said if the AWA Championship committee would grant him another match with Rip Rogers, he's got something for special in mind for Ms. Brenda!

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
TEN MAN ELIMINATION MATCH
Wendell Cooley/JYD/Ron Fuller/Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden
Vs.
Superstar Graham/Fire/Flame/Dennis Condrey/Randy Rose
w/Paul Jones

**Results**

Superstar Graham eliminated Jimmy Golden after hitting him with a chain

JYD eliminated Randy Rose with the 'THUMP' powerslam

Wendell Cooley eliminated Fire after a running bulldog

Dennis Condrey eliminated Wendell Cooley after a reverse Russian legsweep

Ron Fuller eliminated Dennis Condrey with the 'Fuller leglock'

Flame eliminated Robert Fuller after a low blow behind the referee's back when he was distracted by Paul Jones

JYD and Superstar Graham were both counted out of the ring when brawling at ringside, both are eliminated

Ron Fuller pinned The Flame after a miscue from Jones accidently throwing powder in his eyes

**Winner**
"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller

MAIN EVENT
Jerry 'the King' Lawler defeated Bruiser Brody w/Paul Jones by count out…….the ending came when Lawler was in big trouble and rolled out to the floor, Brody came out after him and chased him around the ring to an 8 count……Lawler slid back in the ring and as Brody went to follow him back in, an arm came from under the ring apron and grabbed the leg of Brody undetected by the referee and prevented him from beating the 10 count……As the referee declared Lawler the winner, Brody pulled the culprit out from under the ring and it's RIC FLAIR in a neckbrace…..Brody tossed Flair into the ring but before he could get his hands on Flair, STAN HANSEN….hits the ring with his bull rope (as Flair rolls out and leaves) and cracks Brody in the head a few times with the cowbell busting his head open……Fire/Flame/Superstar Graham hit the ring and attack Hansen but JYD/The Fullers/Jimmy Golden/Wendell Cooley all hit the ring as Paul Jones' Army retreats to fight another day

Rough night at the office for Sonny King and his men! But a barnburner in the main event with all sorts of run-ins to excite the Birmingham crowd! Just love the subtlety you showed here by not having Flair & Hansen involved with Bruiser Brody at the same time. Lots of action in Southeastern Championship Wrestling!

The fans in Birmingham got their money's worth tonight.

Good seeing guys like Art Crews and Jessie Barr get some solid wins. 

Larry Hamilton will not be a happy camper as Rogers and Brenda cost him the Jr. Title. I'm sure Gilbert was thrilled. 

Rat Patrol get a big win over Sonny King's men. 

Once again Brenda distracts Olympia but it looks like Olympia has something up his sleeve.

That 10 man elimination would of been awesome to watch. Ron Fuller is the sole survivor but everybody shined in this match.

Wild main event as Flair gets some payback on Brody and then Hansen really gets some revenge as he takes Brody down! I bet Lawler will be happy to get out of Alabama. 

Civic Center

Pell City, Alabama

Wednesday March 13, 1984

Bell Time: 7pm

Mike Jackson pinned Bill Ash with a sunset flip off the top rope

Mr. Pogo/Kendo Nagasaki w/Sonny King defeated Art Crews/Ken Lucas when Nagasaki put Crews out with the 'Japanese Sleeper'

U.S. Jr. Championship

Tommy Gilbert wrestled Tim Horner a 15 minute time limit draw

Alabama Heavyweight Championship

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeated "Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Ms. Brenda Britton by count out

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

SOUTHEASTERN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey/Randy Rose) defeated Brett Wayne Sawyer/Jesse Barr when Condrey pinned Sawyer after a DDT

MAIN EVENT

Junkyard Dog pinned Superstar Graham after a 'THUMP' powerslam

Fairgrounds

Scottsboro, Alabama

Thursday March 14, 1984

Bell Time: 7pm

Lord Jonathan Boyd w/Sonny King pinned Ken Lucas after a shoulder breaker

Larry Hamilton pinned Ted Allen with a small package

U.S. Jr. Championship

Tommy Gilbert pinned Mike Jackson with his feet on the ropes

SIX MAN TAG MATCH

The RAT Patrol (Scott & Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich) defeated Mr. Pogo/Tojo Yamamoto/Kendo Nagasaki) w/Sonny King when Rich pinned Yamamoto with a "Thesz Press"

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Stan Hansen pinned The Flame after a "lariat:"

MAIN EVENT

TAG TEAM MATCH (Ms. Brenda barred from the building)

Junkyard Dog/Mr. Olympia defeated Alabama Champion "Hustler" Rip Rogers/Roy Lee Welch when Olympia put Rogers out with the Sleeper

It's always a treat to read your shows and I'll admit that I had no knowledge of who was Brenda Britton prior to reading that series but you've made her an intrical and pivotal part of your angles and it's very refreshing to me that a woman is the top manager/valet in a promotion, especially in that period of time. Great stuff!