AWA Southeastern Championship
Wrestling Television
WTVY Ch. 4 Studio

Dothan, Alabama
Airing at 5:30pm on Saturday April 6, 1984
Hosted by Charlie Platt & Ronnie P. Gossett
Interviews: Rick Stewart
AWA Southeastern Commissioner: Les Thatcher

(Opening montage plays and we then go to Charlie Platt who is alone at the desk today)

plattstand.jpg

Platt: "Hello and welcome once again to Southeastern Championship Wrestling, as you can see I'm not joined today by Les Thatcher,  while I'll miss co-hosting the show with Les….I'm pleased to announce he's been promoted to Commissioner of Southeastern Championship Wrestling by the AWA executive committee and he will be helping keep some order around here as well bringing you some new faces and some great matches to a town near you very soon.  So with that being said, I will be joined by a new co-host here on the show…..so it's with great apprehension I introduce my new co-host, Mr. Ronnie P. Gossett."
(Gossett comes out to the desk to a smattering of boos)

gossett.jpg

RPG: "Charlie Platt, I can't understand why you would be apprehensive about adding some class and dignity to a show that up til now has been very lacking of both.  Not to mention, I can only imagine how many more viewers you'll get with someone as handsome as myself on screen rather than you and Thatcher out here making every week look like a Halloween special with your ugly mugs on camera."

Platt: "Well, I see you've wasted no time at all showing people exactly what you're going to bring to the program."

RPG: "Exactly….class, dignity, good looks, and a ton of new viewers……you're welcome."

Platt: "Let's just go to the ring for our first match of the day."

0810_FEA_wrestlers_Jimmy.jpg

MATCH #1:
"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious pinned Roy Munson after a brainbuster

(Post match- Ronnie Gossett waddles over to ringside to speak with Jimmy Garvin and Precious)

RPG: "Jimmy, let me be the first to welcome you and Precious to Southeastern Championship Wrestling….and also let me be the first to apologize for it being in Alabama."

Jimmy: "Thank you Ronnie, it's a pleasure to speak with a gentleman such as yourself…..however I do have to admit, it's not a pleasure to have to be in Dothan, Alabama of all places….the smell alone is awful."

RPG: "It's these people, Jimmy…..they bathe on the same schedule most people change the oil in their car….just try to ignore them and tell us what your plans are here in Southeastern."

Jimmy: "My plans are simple Ronnie……my plans are to win gold….make money…then get the heck out of this hell hole."

RPG: "Well I understand that you already have an opportunity to win some gold as tonight you'll be challenging 'Wildcat' Wendell Cooley at the Houston County Farm Center."

Jimmy: "Ronnie, is this a rib?  This has to be a rib, right?  Number one….Wendell Cooley can't really be someone's name…..and do they really have a champion of Mississippi?? That's like being Mayor of Dothan, you think you'd be too embarrassed to admit to it. Not to mention, who wrestles in a farm center?? What the heck is a farm center? Will there even be a ring, this isn't that 'mud rasslin' I've read about is it??"

RPG: "All valid points you just made, however there really is a goof that calls himself Wendell Cooley and yes, there really is a Mississippi Championship although I agree with you, not sure that's anything to strive for and yes, these yokels 'rassle' in something called the Houston County Farm Center and God only knows if there's a ring or not."

(Wendell Cooley comes to ringside to the cheers of the studio audience)

Cooley.jpg

Cooley: "Well, Mr. Garvin…..allow me to introduce myself….my name IS 'Wildcat' Wendell Cooley….I AM the Mississippi Heavyweight Champion and I'm damn proud to represent the good people of Mississippi as well these wonderful people right here in Dothan, Alabama and if you'd like a further introduction….how about you step into the ring right now, and I'll show you just who Wendell Cooley is and what I'm all about!"  (Cooley rolls into the ring as the crowd goes wild…referee Ed Faulk enters the ring as well)

Jimmy: "You don't want me in that ring!"

Cooley: "What's the matter….are you a chicken??"  (Crowd starts chanting "Chicken" at Garvin)

Jimmy: "I'm no chicken…….I'm not afraid of anybody named Wendell."

Garvin slowly steps through the ropes…..then charges at Cooley who side steps and runs him in the turnbuckle and school boys him for a quick 1-2-3!!!    The fans go crazy as Cooley has gotten a quick pinfall on the arrogant newcomer…..Garvin is livid!! Precious is having a meltdown on the outside of the ring…..Cooley grabs the mic.

Cooley: "If that was too quick for you, don't worry…..I'll do it again tonight IN THE RING at the Farm Center!"

(Cut to commercial)

Platt: "We're back and Mr. Gossett, I think Jimmy Garvin knows who Wendell Cooley is now."

RPG: "What an embarrassing display that was……I can't believe the nerve of Cooley coming out here during Jimmy Garvin's interview time and pulling a stunt like that…..my deepest and most sincere apologies to not only Jimmy Garvin, but the lovely Precious as well…..just absolutely shameful what just happened to them."

Platt: "Well, I don't know if I agree with that but what I did find shameful was the actions last Monday night in Birmingham, Alabama of Larry Hamilton after he was unsuccessful in winning the U.S. Jr Championship from Scott Armstrong….let's go to that footage right now."

(VTR-
U.S. Jr Championship
Scott Armstrong pinned Larry Hamilton with a small package……after the match, Hamilton offered Armstrong a handshake…..Armstrong shook his hand and hugged him…..Armstrong raised Hamilton's hand….as Scott turned to leave, Hamilton blasted him with a clothesline, he grabbed Armstrong's U.S. Jr title belt and blasted in the face with it……Hamilton tossed the belt down on top of him but fled as Steve Armstrong and Johnny Rich hit the ring
END VTR)

(When we return to the desk, Larry Hamilton is standing with Rick Stewart)

Hamilton: "First off I want to say that agree 100% with what Charlie Platt just said……my actions were indeed shameful….I was so focused on getting back that US Jr title I'd lost to Tommy Gilbert and when I came up short….I just snapped, looking at the video it's like watching someone else……I can't even believe it's me doing those things…..I deeply regret and I'd like to ask Scott Armstrong to come out here so I can apologize to him right here on television in front of everyone."

(Scott Armstrong comes out wearing the US Jr Heavyweight Championship belt with a bandage on his forehead)

Hamilton: "Scott, thank you for coming out here…..now I know you're angry….and I’m sure you've been thinking all week about what you were going to do when you got a chance to get your hands on me…and I don't blame you….I don't blame you one bit, but before you do I just want you to know that I'm sorry for what I did to you.  You didn't deserve that, you're a great champion and I was so focused on getting back my title that I never won back from Tommy Gilbert that when I lost to you, I saw red and acted outside of the character of who I am……Scott, you've known me a long time….I know your father, all your brothers……you know that's not me….those actions last week aren't me and they aren't who I am and I just want to apologize for what I did to you……and to show you that I mean it and that I'm totally sincere in making things right…..I want you to take that belt off and hit me in the face with it….the way I did you so we can be even."

Scott: "Larry, you're right about a couple of things……I have spent this entire week thinking about getting revenge when I laid eyes on you again…..but the other thing you are right about is I also knew that wasn't you……the Larry Hamilton that attacked me was not the Larry Hamilton I know….he was not the Larry Hamilton my father 'Bullet' Bob Armstrong used to give rides to and buy dinner for when you were broke first starting on this business….I knew something wasn't right."

Hamilton: (Hamilton appears to be tearing up) "Scott, your father helped me so much when I was starting out and I feel terrible to think I disrespected him with what I did to you……so please that belt off and bust me head open like I did to you so we can be even and put this behind us."

(Scott takes off the title belt….Hamilton places his hands behind his back and braces for the impact….but Scott lays the belt on the desk)

Scott: "You know what….it takes a big man to apologize and to admit when he's wrong….especially here on television…..all is forgiven my friend."

(With that Scott shakes Hamilton's hand and the two hug for a moment….the fans cheer….and as Armstrong pulls away Hamilton grabs the belt off the desk and blasts Scott in the face with it once again!!!  He pulls off the bandage and hits Armstrong two more times as the blood starts to gush from Scott's head)

Hamilton: "I never liked you…..your brothers….or your damn daddy!! I want my belt back…and I want it tonight!!"

(Hamilton storms off as Les Thatcher comes out to check on Scott Armstrong)

RPG: "Just when I thought Wendell Cooley had ruined the whole show…..something wonderful like that happens and makes my day……Platt, did you know every time an Armstrong bleeds an angel gets his wings?"

Platt: "You disgust me…."

MATCH #2:
Tim Horner pinned Randy Watson with the 'natural bridge' roll up

COMMERCIALS

(Paul Jones/Superstar Graham/Humongous come out to the interview area with Rick Stewart)

Stewart:  "Last week things really didn't go well for your Army, Paul Jones."

Jones: "No, they certainly didn't and I think we all know whose fault that was."

Graham: "Look Paul, I was pretty mad at Humongous at first too…..but I know he didn't mean to headbutt me and cost us the match."

Jones: "Mad at Humongous?  Humongous?? No Billy, this is on you!  You're the one who got pinned by Jimmy Golden…..You're the one who didn't come out and make sure that Fire & Flame didn't get beat in Birmingham….this is all on YOU!"

Graham: "Me?? First of all….Humongous headbutted ME with that stupid hockey mask! How is that my fault??"

Jones: "Because apparently those big arms of yours we've been hearing about for years wasn't strong enough to hold Golden in place….that's why you got headbutted."

Graham: "Why is on me that those two tubs of lard in masks go beat by Fuller and Golden??"

Jones: "Because Humongous was still fighting the Stomper in the back parking lot during that match….which just left you to have their back."

Graham: "What about Flair?"

Jones: "The champ need not concern himself with such things, you know that.  So, you are putting this all on Humongous?"

Graham: "Damn right I am."

Jones: "So with a different partner you could have beaten Fuller and Golden."

Graham: "Absolutely!"

Jones: "Ok fine, how about this….tonight I'll be your partner against Fuller and Golden and this time you better get the job done."

Graham: "Hey…..you do your part…and I will do mine!"

MATCH #3:
Handicap Match
Humongous w/Paul Jones defeated Jed Johnson/Jay Moore by submission with the Cobra Clutch

01camp.jpg

COMMERICAL FOR TONIGHT IN DOTHAN:

HoustonCountyFarmCenter.jpg

Southeastern Championship Wrestling
Houston County Farm Center
Dothan, Alabama
Saturday April 5, 1984
Bell time: 8:30pm

MAIN EVENT
Southeastern Heavyweight Championship
60 Minute Time Limit
"Nature Boy" Ric Flair w/Paul Jones
Vs.
Mr. Olympia

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
Southeastern Tag Team Championship
(Winners challenge for the AWA World Tag Titles next week!)
The Midnight Express (Condrey/Rose)
Vs.
The RAT Patrol (Armstrong/Rich)

MONGOLIAN DEATH MATCH
The Mongolian Stomper
Vs.
Humongous

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH
Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden
Vs.
Superstar Graham/Paul Jones

Mississippi Heavyweight Championship
"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley
Vs.
"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious

U.S. Jr Championship
RETURN GRUDGE MATCH
Scott Armstrong
Vs.
Larry Hamilton

Jesse Barr/Brett Wayne Sawyer
Vs.
Mr. Pogo/Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto

Tim Horner
Vs.
Tommy Gilbert

(Card Subject to Change)

MATCH #4:
Mr. Olympia defeated Memphis Monroe with a sleeper hold

(Rick Stewart approached Mr Olympia at ringside)

MrOlympia4.jpg

Stewart: "Mr. Olympia, you turned a lot of heads last week when you came very close to winning the Southeastern Championship from Ric Flair in a 45 minute time limit draw….tonight you get a rematch with a 60 minute time limit…are you ready to go the distance with the champ?"

Olympia: "Last week, a lot of people including Ric Flair got to see what Mr. Olympia can do in that ring….A lot of people underestimate me including Ric Flair but I took him to the limit last week…"
(Before Olympia can finish Ric Flair comes out in his robe and interjects)

RicFlairbelt.jpg

Flair: "Allow me to correct you on something 'Mr. Olympia…….You took me to the time limit allowed for that match…..but you didn't take me to my limit….everybody knows why they call me the '60 minute man'….because I can go an hour and just be getting started and if you don't believe me ask some of these ladies around Dothan….the fact of the matter is…I took YOU to YOUR limit last week…..you were grasping at straws, there was nothing left…I was getting ready to put you away when the bell rang…..but tonight I've got an hour to run you down, wear you out, and put you away and that's exactly what the Nature Boy will do!  And if you want a preview stick around after the commercial and watch what I do to this guy today….WOOOOOOOOOO!"

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #5
MAIN EVENT
Non-Title Match
Southeastern Champion "Nature Boy" Ric Flair w/Paul Jones defeated Jesse Barr in 13:34 with the figure four leg lock

© 1984 Southeastern Championship Wrestling

The Garvin/Gossett promo is my favorite thing ever. I was literally laughing out loud.

Hamilton doubling down on the heel turn is fantastic stuff. 

Graham had best be careful, or Jones is going to turn the Humongous on him. 

I don't think he'll win, but you've done an awesome job making Mr. Olympia a viable contender and a top babyface.

Great Show!!

Lot going on in SECW! 

LOL, RPG will add a lot of fun to the shows.

Nice set up between Garvin and Cooley as Cooley gets the classic quick TV pin. Cooley is getting super over here while Garvin and Precious will get some great heat.

From one hot angle to another as Hamilton tricks Armstrong and hits him again with the belt. This is Southern Wrestling at it's best.

Oh man friction between Graham and Jones. I figured something would come from that Humongous headbutt. This is going to be intriguing. 

Oh yea! We're going to get Flair and Olympia in a 60 minute match...WHOOOOO! 

Dothan, Alabama
Saturday April 5, 1984

Tim Horner pinned Tommy Gilbert with the 'natural bridge'

Jesse Barr/Brett Wayne Sawyer fought Mr. Pogo/Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto to a 20 minute time limit draw

U.S. Jr Championship
RETURN GRUDGE MATCH
Scott Armstrong defeated Larry Hamilton by DQ when Hamilton got caught using a chain

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious pinned "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley with his feet on the ropes to win the Mississippi Heavyweight Championship

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH
Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden defeated Superstar Graham/Paul Jones in what turned out to be a handicap match as Paul Jones walked out the first time Graham tried to tag him in…..Graham valiantly tried to fight both Fuller/Golden in a handicap match but eventually the 2 on 1 advantage would prove too much for the legendary former champion Graham who was pinned by Fuller after a piledriver……..POST MATCH: Paul Jones came back to ringside and started trash talking Fuller/Golden from the floor until out of the crowd came……THE ASSASSINS!!  The Assassins #1/#2 hit the ring on Fuller/Golden and attacked them from behind…and left them laying along with Superstar Graham who they attacked as well

MONGOLIAN DEATH MATCH
The Mongolian Stomper fought Humongous to a 'no contest' when the Assassins hit the ring in 4:34 and attacked Stomper….which brought Fuller/Golden limping out with chairs to even the odds….the Assassins immediately flee the ring but Humongous takes two chair shots to the head from Fuller before finally falling between the first and second ropes to the floor and leaving at the insistence of Paul Jones

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
(Winners challenge for the AWA World Tag Titles next week!)
The Midnight Express (Condrey/Rose) defeated The RAT Patrol (Armstrong/Rich) when Larry Hamilton came down and hit Steve Armstrong with a chain behind the back of the referee

Before the MAIN EVENT, ring announcer Rick Stewart announced "Special guest, national television wrestling star Jake 'the Snake' Roberts"……Jake came down and said it was great to be in Dothan and he was going to sit at ringside and watch this contest and also added he would be challenging the champion at the end of the match.

MAIN EVENT
60 Minute Time Limit
"Nature Boy" Ric Flair w/Paul Jones vs. Alabama Champion Mr. Olympia

Mr. Olympia seemed to have Flair's number through most of this match……after 55 minutes of back and forth action….Flair had not been able to put away the challenger, at one point Paul Jones got up on the apron to argue with referee Larry Brock…..and Flair rolled out of the ring and Olympia gave chase ….as Flair came around a corner, Jake Roberts caught Olympia with a short clothesline and then gave Olympia a DDT on the concrete floor….then returned to his seat….Flair rolled back into the ring as the referee turned around and saw Olympia on the floor and started the 10 count….Olympia was obviously injured as blood could be seen through his white mask….and the referee counted Olympia out and declared Flair the winner at 56:23 and still Southeastern Champion.

Roberts entered the ring and shook hands with both Paul Jones and Ric Flair……Jake then grabbed the mic and said, "As promised….I'd like to issue a challenge to the champion……the ALABAMA Champion….Mr. Olympia….(laughs) well that is….when you're feeling up to it."  Flair and Jones have a good laugh and the three start to leave the ring together when a large man wearing a hat hits the ring and starts throwing haymakers at all three as they retreat while security grab the "fan" knocking his hat off revealing it's BRUISER BRODY!! Brody breaks free and makes chase up the aisle as they all run out of sight….the crowd goes crazy at the sight of Brody who hasn't been seen since the cage attack a few weeks ago!

Midnights get the shot at The Road Warriors! Looking forward to that one!

Billy Graham should have seen that coming a mile away, but I guess he couldn't have predicted The Assassins. 

Paul Jones Army grows again with the addition of Jake Roberts, and Mr. Olympia really needs an ally. 

Brody probably isn't that ally, but it's good to see him back, and Naitch might be in trouble!!

Oh man what a card! 

Armstrong gets the DQ win over Hamilton which means this gem feud continues...YES! 

It didn't take long for Garvin to win some gold as he beats a red hot Cooley. No doubt in my mind that Cooley will bounce back.

Jones ditches Graham then the Assassins show up! They beat down Fuller, Golden and Graham. Another great feud is started.

Humongous and Stomper have another wild match. This is one crazy feud! 

Midnight Express retain and now get a shot at the AWA world titles. Cant wait for a Road Warriors/Midnight match.

Flair and Olympia almost go 60 minutes until Jake the Snake debuts and puts Olympia down. Flair retains and Jake challenges Olympia. All is well until Brody returns!!! 

Those fans were lucky to witness all this. Great show! 

So much happening here!  Your writing style gives this all such a real feel!  I am enjoying all of your title changes as it gives the feuds an element of surprise.  The Rat Patrol wins some and then the Midnight Express win some.  This gives each match its own feel and keeps fans involved.  Have Fire and Flame become the Assassins?  Flair vs Brody will be expect!  Great show

You are so good at pulling off some awesome main event drama with all kinds of shenanigans surrounding Ric Flair's rivalries, Another great layer with the involvement of Jake Roberts in there. Jake The Snake vs Mr. Olympia with the Alabama title on the line should be really good!

National Guard Armory
Panama City, Florida
Tuesday April 9, 1984
Bell time: 7pm

"Lethal" Larry Hamilton pinned Ken Lucas with his feet on the ropes

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned "Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Ms. Brenda Britton with a running bulldog

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious pinned Jesse Barr with a small package

The Assassins w/Paul Jones fought The RAT Patrol (Scott/Steve Armstrong) w/Johnny Rich to a 20 minute time limit draw

Special Challenge Match
Jake 'the Snake' Roberts w/Paul Jones pinned "Superstar" Billy Graham after DDT

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden defeated The Midnight Express (Condrey/Rose) by DQ when the Assassins hit the ring and attacked Fuller/Golden

MAIN EVENT
"Nature Boy" Ric Flair w/Paul Jones defeated Mr. Wrestling II by submission with the figure four leglock

=======================================

"TAG TEAM TURMOIL '84"
Civic Auditorium
Pensacola, Florida
Wednesday April 10, 1984
Bell Time: 7pm

Mr. Wrestling II pinned Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto after the 'Million Dollar Kneelift'

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeated Humongous w/Paul Jones by DQ when Humongous threw Cooley over the top rope

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious pinned Johnny Rich after a brain buster

The RAT Patrol (Scott/Steve Armstrong) defeated Larry Hamilton/Rip Rogers w/Ms. Brenda Britton when Scott pinned Rogers after a sunset flip

The Assassins w/Paul Jones defeated Mongolian Stomper/Superstar Graham when Assassin #2 pinned Superstar Graham after a headbutt from the loaded mask

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
The Midnight Express (Condrey/Rose) defeated Sonny King/Tom Jones when Condrey pinned Jones after a reverse Russian legsweep

MAIN EVENT
"Nature Boy" Ric Flair/Jake 'the Snake'  Roberts w/Paul Jones defeated Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden w/Ron Fuller when Roberts pinned Golden after a DDT when Jones tripped Golden

=======================================

Gulf Coast Convention Center
Biloxi, Mississippi
Thursday April 11, 1984
Bell Time: 7pm

Jesse Barr pinned Tojo Yamamoto after a belly to belly suplex

Lord Jonathan Boyd defeated Brett Wayne Sawyer with a shoulder breaker

U.S. Jr. Champion Scott Armstrong/Tim Horner defeated "Lethal" Larry Hamilton/"Hustler" Rip Rogers when Horner pinned Rogers with a crucifix

Mr. Wrestling II defeated "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious by DQ when Precious got caught interfering

The Midnight Express (Condrey/Rose) defeated The RAT Patrol (Armstrong/Rich) Rose pinned Steve Armstrong after hitting him with a chain

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
"Nature Boy" Ric Flair w/Paul Jones pinned "Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller with a small package

MAIN EVENT
10 MAN RAGE IN THE CAGE
Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden/Wendell Cooley/Mongolian Stomper/Superstar Graham defeated The Assassins (#1/#2)/Humongous/Jake Roberts /Paul Jones when Stomper made Jones submit to a camel clutch

I have said it before but I find your format so easy to read which adds to the enjoyment.  You also do a nice job of not rushing your angles as each city gets to see some of it.  I like how you used Mr. Wrestling II here.  Even though he is up there in age, II vs Flair would still sell the tickets!

Also love Jake the Snake as a heel with Jones.  It just seems so natural.

In addition to everything Kevin just said above, I love the fact that after reading each spot show result, I find myself going "fans got there moneys worth that night." 

I also dig the fact that your angles are booked with just enough crossover that Fuller/Golden vs The Midnights doesn't detract from them feuding with Paul Jones Army, because they might have helped The Rat Patrol with the Midnights previously, cause the Patrol helped them against Humongous, etc, etc.

Not saying those exact things happened, just illustrating that you've superbly booked things to allow yourself leeway and crossover potential with a huge portion of your roster.

It's fantastic stuff.

Another fun loop. 

I have to say, I love that Hamilton/Rogers pairing. 

Jake racked up some good wins including a big DDT win over the Superstar. 

Jimmy Garvin retains his title this week but I have a feeling Cooley is getting ready for another shot. 

Cool seeing Mr. Wrestling 2 show up. That match with Flair would have been a good one. 

Speaking of Flair, he continues his streak with wins over Wrestling 2 and Ron Fuller. Him teaming with Jake is pretty damn cool. 

That 10 man rage in the cage I'm sure sold the Convention Center out. 

In the name of not getting behind today's tv will be written up as a recap

AWA Southeastern Championship
Wrestling Television
WTVY Ch. 4 Studio
Dothan, Alabama
Airing at 5:30pm on Saturday April 13, 1984
Hosted by Charlie Platt & Ronnie P. Gossett
Interviews: Rick Stewart
AWA Southeastern Commissioner: Les Thatcher

(Highlights are shown of last week's Main Event featuring Ric Flair vs. Mr. Olympia with the interference from Jake Roberts giving Olympia the "DDT" on the floor allowing Flair to win by count out, we then cut to Bruiser Brody showing up out of the crowd and chasing away Flair/Roberts/Jones)

Platt/Gossett discuss what we just saw and also mention that last Monday night Larry Hamilton used  a chain on Scott Armstrong and as a result tonight we'll see Armstrong vs. Hamilton in a Chain match for the U.S. Jr title.

MATCH #1:
"Lethal" Larry Hamilton pinned Roy Munson after hitting him with a chain behind the ref's back

After the commercials we see a promo from the Midnight Express who promise to leave the Houston County Farm Center tonight as the AWA World Tag Team Champions.

Rick Stewart then welcomes Mr. Wrestling 2 back to Southeastern Championship Wrestling, Wrestling 2 says he's excited to be back and he looks forward to seeing all the great fans in the towns coming up soon!

MATCH #2:
Mr. Wrestling II  pinned Randy Barber after a 'Million Dollar Knee Lift'

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden storm the set and tell Rick Stewart they are livid about what happened last week and that everyone knows these "two lard butts in the masks" are just Fire & Flame wearing different masks…..but that's fine they ran them off once…..they'll do it again

MATCH #3:
The Assassins w/Paul Jones defeated Randy Watson/Joe Turner when Assassin #2 pinned Watson after a splash

AssassinsJOnes.jpg

New Commissioner Les Thatcher announces that after the stunt Paul Jones pulled on Billy Graham last week…..they week he will once again have to don the tights but this time if he leaves the ring he will be fined and suspended….when he has team with Humongous against Superstar Graham/The Mongolian Stomper

MATCH #4:
The Mongolian Stomper pinned Ted Allen after a 'big boot' to the head

After the commercial break, Thatcher announces that Ric Flair has refused to face Bruiser Brody this week and said that if Brody can defeat Jake 'the Snake' Roberts he will give him a Southeastern title shot in the near future.

MATCH #5:
Jake 'the Snake' Roberts w/Paul Jones pinned Frank Reynolds after DDT

Charlie Platt runs down tonight's card at the Houston County Farm Center

MATCH #6:
MAIN EVENT
AWA World Tag Team Champions The Road Warriors (Hawk/Animal) w/Paul Ellering defeated Mr. Pogo/Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto when Animal pinned Pogo after a powerslam

-------------------------------------------------------

Dothan, Alabama
Saturday April 13, 1984

Mr. Wrestling II  pinned Roy Lee Welch after a 'Million Dollar Knee Lift'

Eight Man Tag Match
Mr. Pogo/Kendo Nagasaki/Tojo Yamamoto/Lord Jonathan Boyd defeated Jesse Barr/Brett Sawyer/Tom Jones/Sonny King when Nagasaki put Jones out with the Japanese Sleeper

CHAIN MATCH
"Lethal" Larry Hamilton defeated Scott Armstrong to win the U.S. Jr Heavyweight Championship

GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH
Humongous/Paul Jones defeated Mongolian Stomper/Superstar Graham when Humongous put out Graham with the Cobra Clutch

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeated "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious by count out when Garvin simply walked out of the arena to save his title

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden fought The Assassins w/Paul Jones to a double DQ

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
Bruiser Brody pinned Jake 'the Snake' Roberts w/Paul Jones after a piledriver…..after the match Southeastern Champion Ric Flair came down to ringside…….As Brody was distracted and challenging Flair to "get in the ring and face me like a man!!"  A gigantic man came through the crowd behind him and entered the ring and attacked Brody!!

Haystacks.jpg

Humongous hit the ring as well and the two monsters attacked and double teamed Brody……the Mongolian Stomper hit the ring to even the score…and Paul Jones' men left at his direction….Who is this massive man???

MAIN EVENT
AWA World Tag Team Championship
The Road Warriors (Animal/Hawk) w/Paul Ellering defeated The Midnight Express (Condrey/Rose) when Hawk pinned Rose after a 'Doomsday Device'

Great set of shows!

Wrestling 2 is a fantastic fit for your territory, and a much needed babyface to help combat Paul Jones growing army!

Love Fuller/Golden calling out the obvious with The Assassins!

Jones being forced into the ring again seems bad for him, but as we've all been learning, he usually has something up his sleeve.

Jake vs Brody.... Nice!

---------------------

Hamilton takes the strap in the chain match, makes sense. I'm sure Armstrong will be looking for a return.

Humongous takes out the Superstar! Jones has to be loving it.

Garvin does what Garvin does and remains champ! I'm loving it!!

Brody puts down the Snake then gets attacked by a monster!! Paul Jones is going to be unstoppable soon!!

Another good use of TV to get fans into the arena. 

Hamilton finally defeats Armstrong to regain the US Jr. title! I'm sure Armstrong will want another shot. This has been a great feud. 

Humongous once again looks strong as he puts the superstar to sleep.

LOL, nice heel move by Garvin when he simply walks out of his match with Cooley.

The Fuller/Golden-Assassins feud continues as they battle to a double DQ.

Brody gets his shot after beating Jake but man he suffers a beating at the hands of a debuting Loch Ness and Humongous! Talk about some monsters! Throw Mongolian Stomper in this and this is going to be one wild and Red Hot feud! 

Road Warriors come to town and retain against the Midnight Express. This would have been a big drawing match up. 

Southeastern Weekly House Show Loop

Tuesday April 16, 1984: Ft. Payne, AL
Wednesday April 17, 1984: Cullman, AL
Thursday April 18, 1984: Scottsboro, AL
Friday April 19, 1984: Gadsden, AL

Featuring the following card:

Mike Jackson pinned Carl Fergie

Lord Jonathan Boyd defeated Tom Jones

Four Corners Match to crown #1 Contender's to the SECW Tag Titles
Mr. Pogo/Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo defeated Jesse Barr/Brett Sawyer, Rip Rogers/Larry Hamilton, and the Armstrongs (Scott/Steve)

Loser Leaves Town
Humongous w/Paul Jones defeated "Superstar" Billy Graham

Mississippi Championship Match
"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious pinned Sonny King

The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey/Randy Rose) beat Mr. Wrestling II/"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
"Nature Boy" Ric Flair w/Paul Jones defeated Johnny Rich

MAIN EVENT
Non-Sanctioned Lights Out Match
Robert Fuller/Ron Fuller/Jimmy Golden defeated The Assassins/Jake Roberts w/Paul Jones

Fun loop with a lot going down. 

Humongous sends Graham packing. Even though Graham is in the twilight of his career this still puts Humongous up there as an even more serious threat.

Pogo and Kendo are the number one contenders. Their matches with the Midnights should be some wild ones.

Even though Johnny Rich lost to Flair, their matches solidify Rich as a contender.

Fullers and Golden get the best of Paul Jones Army in a Lights Out Match. 

Never a dull moment in SECW.