Pro Wrestling Only

AWA World Class Wrestling

Blehschmidt

-Broadcasting live to our local affiliates in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri, as well as in Syndication across these great United States, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents World Class Wrestling, coming to you this week from the Memorial Hall in Kansas City!-

F7oZ5gK.png

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentleman, my name is Jim Ross and I know some of you may be expecting a different wrestling program right now, so without further ado, let’s head down to ringside to shed some light on things!

We cut to ringside where a large man in blue jeans, a suit coat over a dress shirt, and a cowboy hat is standing by.

“For those of you who don’t know who I am, my name is “Cowboy” Bill Watts. I spent a lot of years in this business as a wrestler, and more recently I have run the Mid-South wrestling territory. In the last few weeks several things have happened that I need to address to you the fans who are watching this show. Bob Geigel who promoted the Central States territory here in Kansas City and the surrounding areas and I came to an agreement, and combined our two businesses, into one larger business.

Then the two of us met with our friend down in Texas, Fritz Von Erich who ran the Dallas territory more commonly known as World Class Championship Wrestling. As many of you know, Fritz recently lost his son David in an unimaginable tragedy and he has decided that he wants to step away from the wrestling business to spend more time at home with his wife and his youngest children.

So, an agreement was reached, and Mr. Geigel and I purchased the Dallas Territory from Mr. Von Erich and have made it a part of our operations as well. On a personal note, I would like to say that I respect the hell out of Fritz for having the courage to do the right thing for his family during this time, and I would like to tell him that should he ever wish to get back into the wrestling business, there will always be a place for him right here.

So, we were all set to become a giant super territory consisting of Mid-South Wrestling, World Class Championship Wrestling, and Central States Wrestling when we were approached and offered a deal we couldn’t refuse. Anyone who follows professional wrestling on a national scale knows the National Wrestling Alliance is crumbling, and the AWA is the place to be. So, when Verne Gagne offered us a spot in the AWA, we tossed the NWA aside like last week’s garbage and joined the team.

Now, I know you fans probably don’t care about all this business mumbo jumbo and want to know what this means for you! Well, I’ll tell ya! It means more big-name wrestlers, more hard-hitting action, and all of your favorites from Mid-South, World Class, and Central States like Magnum TA and The Von Erich’s, all in one place, right here every week on AWA World Class Wrestling!”

This last statement gets a big cheer from the crowd in attendance

Jim Ross: There you have it from the Cowboy himself, big things in store here at AWA World Class! We’ll see some of that hard-hitting action right that Bill was talking about right after this break Ladies and Gentlemen!

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back everyone, joining me here on commentary is the man you just heard from, “Cowboy” Bill Watts.

Bill Watts: Thanks Jim. Before we head to the ring, I just wanted to let the folks watching at home know that although Mr. Geigel and I oversee AWA World Class equally, during the shows I will be out here with you to provide commentary and will be doing my best not to get involved with things as the person in charge unless absolutely necessary. If a decision needs to be made while I am out here, I fully support any that Bob makes.

Jim Ross: Well, I am glad to have you out here with me Cowboy, and let’s head down to the ring for our first contest of the evening.

1 Fall, 15 Minute Time Limit

-Magnum TA vs Grizzly Evans-

Ring Announcer Marc Lowrance had barely finished introducing Magnum TA when Grizzly Evans decided to take his shot and charged across the ring. TA ducked the lumbering clothesline and waited for Evans to get his bearings and turn around. As soon as he did, Magnum wrapped his arms around him and planted the 283 pound Grizzly onto the canvas with the Belly to Belly Suplex. Referee Ron West counted the three and this one was all over!

Winner: Magnum TA

Before Magnum has a chance to celebrate his victory, the four hundred plus pound Grizzly Boone enters the ring to avenge his fallen partner. He charges Magnum TA, but Magnum side steps him too, and the massive mans momentum carries him into the ropes. On the rebound Magnum hooks the girth of Boone the best he can and Belly to Belly Suplexes him down onto the canvas as well! The fans are going crazy as Magnum TA has his hand raised by the referee!

Jim Ross: A dominating performance by Magnum TA here tonight, taking out two men in short order. You have to think that Magnum will be contending for that AWA World Heavyweight Championship if he keeps putting on performances like that Cowboy.

Bill Watts: Indeed Jim, a very impressive performance. Speaking of the AWA World Heavyweight Championship. Next weekend Hulk Hogan is looking to regain that title from Jerry “The King” Lawler, but right here tonight we have the younger brother of the champion, Eddie Hogan along with his girlfriend Sunshine. Let’s head down to Marc Lowrance who has them for a special interview.

Marc Lowrance: Thanks Bill. That’s right I am here with the younger brother of former AWA World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan, Eddie Hogan along with his girlfriend Sunshine. Eddie, your brother has already made a name for himself here in the AWA, now you’ve come to AWA World Class, can you tell us what your plans are?

Eddie Hogan: Well let me tell you something Marc Lowrance! I’ve been wrestling all over the world while my brother the Hulkster has been making a name for himself here in the AWA. So when I heard that AWA World Class was going to be opening up, I figured what better place for me and my girl Sunshine to come and start building the legacy of Eddie Hogan!

So whoever they want to put in that ring against me, I am ready to show everybody that the whole Hogan family are champions. You know what I’m saying Brother!”

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Let’s head to the ring where we are going to see Black Bart in action!

-Black Bart vs Shane Tylor-

Bart took his time and enjoyed dismantling this kid. Just a series of sledgehammer shots across the back, clotheslines, grinding headlocks, and a bone rattling suplex toward the end. Finally, Bart took him over by the turnbuckles and planted him with a huge bodyslam, before ascending to the second turnbuckle and coming off with a brutal diving legdrop. Referee David Manning could have counted to one hundred, but it only took three.

Winner: Black Bart

Jim Ross: A tremendous victory for Black Bart.

Bill Watts: When a man that size can deliver a flying maneuver like that, he is gonna be a danger to anyone he steps into that ring with.

Jim Ross: Before we head into the break, let’s take a look at some more of the men who will be competing here in AWA World Class Wrestling.

Before heading to the commercial break, we are taken to a video package highlighting both Kerry and Kevin Von Erich. It features both brothers taking it to a series of opponents, and highlights some of their best and most dominating moves. For Kevin they feature his dropkick, his flying crossbody from the top rope, and of course the Iron Claw! While for Kerry they show several instances of his Discus Punch laying out opponents, and they also show him securing several victories with the Iron Claw.

-Commercial Break-

We come back and “Cowboy” Bill Watts is standing by the ring holding a microphone.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, before we get to the match standing by in the ring I wanted to announce that next week the tournament to crown the first AWA World Class Heavyweight Champion will begin right here on television with two first round matches. Black Bart who we saw earlier this evening will take on “The Modern Day Warrior” Kerry Von Erich and Eddie Hogan will take on the man currently in the ring, “Dr. D” David Schultz.”

-“Dr. D” David Schultz vs Alexander Winston-

Schultz catches the kid with a knee to the midsection as he goes for the lock up and then just hammers him down to the canvas. A series of stomps and Schultz is yelling toward Bill Watts asking him if this is the best he has to offer. Schultz waits until the kid gets back to his feet and boots him hard in the face, then obliterates him with a piledriver. He goes for the cover, but jerks Winston up by the hair at the count of two. Schultz kicks the kid from the sitting position he left him in back to a prone one, and then scales to the second turnbuckle and comes off with a leaping elbow smash. Referee Rick Hazzard counts the three, but before he can raise the hand of Dr. D, Schultz is out of the ring and heading for the announce table.

Winner: “Dr. D” David Schultz

Schultz goes over to the announce position where Jim Ross and Bill Watts are sitting and grabs the house microphone off the desk.

David Schultz: “Is that the level of competition you got around here Watts? If so you may as well just hand me that title right now!

Watts starts to say something, but is cut off by Schultz

“I know, I know. Next week I gotta wrestle Eddie Hogan in the first round of some kinda tournament for the belt. You know what, that doesn’t concern Dr. D in the least. I heard him out here earlier talking about making a name for himself and yakking about his big brother, and building a legacy, and blah, blah, blah.

It doesn’t matter! You understand! You can bring Eddie Hogan, you can bring Hulky Hogan, you can bring Daddy Hogan and Mommy Hogan too! Dr. D will beat the hell out of all of them and bring home that championship title baby!! That belt belongs to me, ain’t nobody gonna stand in my way! I’m gonna send Eddie Hogan running back into his brothers shadow, and if his little girlfriend comes down to my ring and sticks her nose in my business, I’ll smack her right back into the kitchen where she belongs!”

Schultz throws the microphone at Jim Ross and walks out of the arena to a chorus of boos.

Jim Ross: I can’t say I care much for that man Cowboy.

Bill Watts: He certainly has an attitude problem.

Jim Ross: Folks, we’ll be right back with more wrestling action.

-Commercial Break-

We come back, and Marc Lowrance is at ringside with two large bald men dressed in red singlets.

Marc Lowrance: Ladies and Gentlemen, my guests now hail from the Soviet Union, please welcome Boris Zhukov and Krusher Darsow.

Krusher Darsow: That’s right you American Pukes! Krusher Darsow has a new comrade in Boris Zhukov and all the other tag teams here in AWA World Class had better get ready, because we plan to take the belts home to the Kremlin!

Boris Zhukov: Comrade Darsow is correct. It doesn’t matter who they put across from us, we will smash them, we will destroy them, and we will claim the championships in the name of Mother Russia!

The Russians leave to a chorus of jeers from the crowd, as the camera cuts back to the announce position.

Jim Ross: Darsow and Zhukov will be back out here later for our main event, when they take on Scott Casey and Johnny Mantell, but first we have another old cowboy looking to make one last ride.

Bill Watts: Careful who you’re calling old there Jim! But your right, Blackjack Lanza is now going it alone and wants to make one last run at glory and he has chosen to do it here in AWA World Class.

Jim Ross: Let’s head up to the ring and see what he has to offer.

-Blackjack Lanza vs The Bounty Hunter-

This one started slow and tapered off from there as Lanza worked a methodical pace against the masked man. The outcome was never in doubt as Lanza controlled with grinding headlocks, elbow smashes, and a very nice takeover suplex. The end came when Lanza fired The Bounty Hunter into the ropes and plowed him with a clothesline, then picked him up and dropped him with a piledriver.

Winner: Blackjack Lanza

Marc Lowrance: Marc Lowrance here with your winner, Blackjack Lanza.

Blackjack Lanza: Tonight, I took my first steps on the road back to the top. I’ve been told that I have a spot in the tournament for the heavyweight title, and I plan to beat whoever they put in front of me and take that title.

Marc Lowrance: On top of your career goals Blackjack, I am told that you have been passing on your knowledge to some of the newer talent. Would you like to tell us about that?

Blackjack Lanza: Yes, I would Marc. The two men who are about to come out here and take on those no good Russians, Scott Casey and Johnny Mantell came to me recently for advice. I spent years as part of one of the best tag teams this business has ever seen, so I have been doing my best to impart some of my knowledge on them. They still have a lot of learning to do, but I gotta tell ya, I see a lot of myself in them, and I wish them the best of luck tonight.

Marc Lowrance: There you have it folks, back to you Bill and Jim.

Jim Ross: A great showing from Blackjack Lanza here tonight as he takes out The Bounty Hunter in impressive fashion.

Bill Watts: Lanza may be an older dog, but you should never count him out of the fight.

Jim Ross: and now he is apparently passing his fountain of knowledge on to the young team of Scott Casey and John Mantell.

Bill Watts: They couldn’t ask for a finer teacher Jim.

Jim Ross: Well let’s take out final break Cowboy, and when we come back we will see Casey and Mantell take on the Russians.

-Commercial Break-

1 Fall, 30 Minute Time Limit

-Scott Casey/Johnny Mantell vs The Russians (Krusher Darsow/Boris Zhukov)-

As soon as the bell rang, The Russians jumped Casey and Mantell and a brawl broke out. Once Referee David Manning had things under control, Darsow had Mantell in the ring and the beat down began. The Russians made quick tags and pounded on Mantell unmercifully for several minutes. Finally, when Zhukov whipped Mantell into the ropes, he was able to duck a clothesline and connect with a flying shoulder tackle on the rebound. Mantell quickly tagged out to Scott Casey who came in like a crazy man throwing huge haymakers at the massive cranium of Zhukov and blasted Darsow with a clothesline when he tried to get into the ring.

Casey scooped up Zhukov and bodyslammed him, then dropped a big elbow on him which got a count of two. Casey pulled Zhukov off the mat and set him up for his patented Bulldog, but Zhukov was able to shove him into the corner where a waiting Darsow got the knee up and caught him in the ribs. Zhukov charged forward with a clothesline that leveled Casey and tagged out. Darsow quickly entered and laid the boots to the fallen Casey. He then charged across the ring and knocked Johnny Mantell off the apron.

Just as Darsow had anticipated, a fired up Mantell immediately tried to get into the ring to fight, and Referee David Manning while doing everything in his power to keep Mantell out of the ring, never saw Boris Zhukov wrap the Russian Chain around his fist and clobber Scott Casey in the back of the head with it. Darsow calmly walked over and covered the fallen Casey, and when Manning finally got Mantell on to the apron and turned around, he counted the One, Two, Three.

Winners: Krusher Darsow and Boris Zhukov

Jim Ross: A travesty of justice right their Bill.

Bill Watts: That turncoat Darsow has been nothing but a pain in my butt since he showed up. I’ll have my eye on the both of them.

Jim Ross: Alright Ladies and Gentlemen, that is our show for this week. Please join us tomorrow night in Topeka, Sunday Night in Wichita, Monday in Tulsa, Tuesday in Oklahoma City, and Wednesday in Wichita Falls, and then right back here next week for the beginning of the tournament to crown the first AWA World Class Heavyweight Champion. Good Night Everyone!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And we're officially under way for AWA World Class! Love the idea of booking Beefcake as Hulk Hogan's brother, giving him some rub right away and making him some sort of a big deal in the process. Looks like the Russians will be a key part of your roster as heels and it always works. Looking forward to see how everything will develop!

Wow... I enjoyed every minute of that show.  I am truly jealous as my love is World Class and Mid-South and you have them both now.  Between the Russians, Dr.D, Magnum TA, the VOnErichs and all the rest, you are have the makings of a great promotion.  I found your format very easy to read and fun to follow.  Looking forward to the next show. 

The much anticipated debut of WCCW debuts! Great job! 

Good work in having Bill Watts give a back story. Nice touch in getting the readers caught up on the happenings. 

Magnum TA immediately comes off as a huge star as he belly to belly's both Grizzly's! 

I agree on the booking of Beefcake. He immediately gets a rub with the Hogan name. 

Black Bart gets a dominating squash and could be a big deal here. 

Excellent job with Dr. D! With the match and awesome promo, he's already established himself as a top heel. 

You painted a very realistic picture of Blackjack Lanza at this point in his career. He can still fight and will also play a good mentor. 

Solid TV main event as the Russians take down Casey and Mantell via the chain. Clearly this fight isn't over. 

Things are looking good in WCCW and cant wait for the title tournament! 

-3-16-84 from the Municipal Auditorium in Topeka, KS-

1) Scott Casey/Johnny Mantell defeated The Grizzlies (Grizzly Evans/Grizzly Boone) when Mantell pinned Evans in 14:15

2) Eddie Hogan w/Sunshine defeated Nazar Bulba (formerly The Mongol aka Gene Petit) w/ High Knee in 11:36

3) David Schultz over Blackjack Lanza by Count Out in 9:27

4) The Russians (Krusher Darsow/Boris Zhukov) beat The Island Boys (Tio/Tapu) in 18:02 when Krusher Darsow pinned Tapu with his feet on the ropes.

5) Barry Windham and Ron Bass wrestled to a draw in 20:00

6) "Dr. Death" Steve Williams pinned Taras Bulba in 8:48 with the Oklahoma Stampede

7) Magnum TA defeated Black Bart in 14:15 with a Belly to Belly Suplex

8) David Schultz won a 15 Man Over the Top Rope Battle Royal last eliminating Steve Williams

-3-17-84 from the Levitt Arena in Wichita, KS-

1) Scott Casey/Johnny Mantell defeated The Mongols (Taras/Nazar Bulba) when Casey pinned Nazar Bulba in 14:55

2) Eddie Hogan w/Sunshine defeated Grizzly Evans w/ High Knee in 8:40

3) Black Bart and "Dr. Death" Steve Williams fought to a Double Count Out in 13:29

4) The Russians beat The Island Boys in 18:11 when Krusher Darsow pinned Tapu with his feet on the ropes.

5) Barry Windham beat Grizzly Boone with a Lariat in 7:30

6) David Schultz defeated Blackjack Lanza by Disqualification in 13:50 when Lanza got caught using a chair that Schultz brought into the ring.

7) Magnum TA over Ron Bass in 16:49 with the Belly to Belly Suplex

8) Barry Windham won a 15 Man Over the Top Rope Battle Royal last eliminating Krusher Darsow

-3-18-84 from the Convention Center in Tulsa, OK-

1) Scott Casey/Johnny Mantell defeated The Grizzlies when Mantell pinned Boone in 13:09

2) Blackjack Lanza over Nazar Bulba in 10:28 with a Piledriver

3) Eddie Hogan w/Sunshine and David Schultz wrestled to a Double Count Out in 12:44

4) Black Bart/Ron Bass defeated The Island Boys in 18:23 when Bart pinned Tio following the Diving Leg Drop

5) Barry Windham beat Taras Bulba in 11:50 with a Lariat

6) Krusher Darsow over "Dr. Death" Steve Williams in 13:33 when Darsow pinned Williams with his feet on the ropes.

7) Magnum TA defeated Boris Zhukov by Disqualification in 7:05 when Krusher Darsow interfered. Steve Williams made the save, and Bill Watts made a special appearance for the live crowd and ordered an immediate tag team match.

8) Magnum TA and "Dr. Death" Steve Williams defeated The Russians in 18:26 when Magnum TA caught Boris Zhukov with a Belly to Belly Suplex

-3-19-84 from the Myriad Convention Center in Oklahoma City, OK-

1) Scott Casey/Johnny Mantell defeated The Mongols in 14:44 when Casey pinned Taras Bulba

2) "Dr. Death" Steve Williams defeated Boris Zhukov in 10:00 with the Oklahoma Stampede

3) Krusher Darsow beat Blackjack Lanza by Count Out in 9:41

4) The Island Boys over The Grizzlies in 15:34 when Tapu hit a 2nd Rope Splash on Grizzly Evans

5) Eddie Hogan w/Sunshine and Black Bart wrestled to a 20 Minute Draw

6) Barry Windham defeated Ron Bass with the Superplex in 19:52

7) Magnum TA defeated David Schultz by Disqualification in 13:01 when Schultz hit Magnum with a chair

8) "Dr. Death" Steve Williams won a 15 Man Over the Top Rope Battle Royal

-3-20-84 from the Memorial Auditorium in Wichita Falls, TX-

1) The Mongols beat The Island Boys in 13:19 when Taras Bulba forced Tio to submit to the Claw.

2) Eddie Hogan w/Sunshine defeated Grizzly Boone in 9:20 with the High Knee

3) Kim Duk/Tora Yatsu over Johnny Mantell/Scott Casey in 19:54 when Duk Double Arm Suplexed and pinned Mantell

4) Barry Windham defeated Grizzly Evans in 8:11 with a Lariat

5) "Dr. Death" Steve Williams beat Boris Zhukov in 10:39 with the Oklahoma Stampede

6) Krusher Darsow defeated Blackjack Lanza in 9:01 after blasting him with a chain behind the referee's back

7) Magnum TA and David Schultz wrestled to a Double Count Out in 14:21

8) Kerry and Kevin Von Erich defeated Black Bart and Ron Bass in 26:19 when Kerry nailed Bart with the Discus Punch and pinned him.

Awesome debut TV show.....great job with the Schultz promo, I could hear him in my head saying every bit of that!

I agree with the concensus at this stage of his career...."Eddie Hogan" is the way to go with the future Brutus Beefcake.

Awesome series of house shows that gets some storylines going right out of the gate.

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far! 

Glad the Eddie Hogan choice went over well! I needed babyfaces, and I figured the name alone could give him a rub, and make him a nice target. It also gives me a nice way to transition into the Beefcake character if I ever decide to go there.

Also, appreciate the praise on the Schultz promo. He is the first guy I went after in trades when I joined up, and I am excited to hopefully turn him into one of the top heels in all of the AWA. I love writing for Dr. D

and I know my heel side is a little thin on my cards so far, but I am rolling out the roster slowly, and the heavy hitters on the heel side are coming soon.

-Broadcasting live to our local affiliates in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri, as well as in Syndication across these great United States, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents World Class Wrestling, coming to you this week from the Sportatorium in Dallas!-

F7oZ5gK.png

Jim Ross: Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen, I’m Jim Ross and welcome to another exciting edition of AWA World Class Wrestling. Tonight, we have the first two matches in the tournament to crown our first Heavyweight Champion, as well as tag team action featuring the Fabulous Freebirds and much more. Joining me as always is “Cowboy” Bill Watts!

Bill Watts: Thanks Jim. First thing tonight we have the brother of the man who will be challenging for the AWA World Heavyweight Championship tomorrow night in Calgary, Eddie Hogan taking on the loud mouth David Schultz. I’m hoping we see two Hogan’s prevail this weekend.

Jim Ross: Then later on this evening in a match that is sure to blow the roof off the Sportatorium we’ll see Texas’s own, Kerry Von Erich take on Black Bart in our main event.

-Eddie Hogan w/Sunshine vs “Dr. D” David Schultz-

Schultz is obviously taking Hogan lightly, taunting and trash talking him from the very beginning. Then he slaps him across the face and turns to the crowd laughing. The big dropkick that catches him in the back of the head lets him know that this isn’t a joke and the match is on from there. Things stay fairly even for several minutes going back and forth, until Dick Murdoch makes his way down to ringside and begins to harass Sunshine. Hogan doesn’t notice at first, but when he does he turns his attention away from Schultz and goes over to the ropes to yell at Murdoch. This is all the distraction Dr. D needs as he clobbers Hogan in the back of the head with a brutal forearm shot, and then plants him onto the mat with a bodyslam. Schultz scales the buckles and comes off with an Elbow from the Second Rope and Ron West counts the three.

Winner: David Schultz

Jim Ross: Bill it looked to me like Eddie Hogan had that match well in hand until Dick Murdoch appeared at ringside!

Bill Watts: You aren’t wrong Jim, but technically Murdoch didn’t interfere.

Jim Ross: Marc Lowrance has Schultz and Murdoch at ringside, let’s hear what they have to say.

Marc Lowrance: David Schultz, some might call that a tainted vict…..

Schultz snatches the microphone out of the hand of Lowrance, and Murdoch shoves him out of the camera frame.

David Schultz: Some might call you an idiot, announcer man. Now let Dr. Dr do the talking 'round here. What you just saw was me whip the brother of the man fighting for the World Title tomorrow night. If Hulk Hogan was here, I’d whip him too. The next guy they put me in front me in this tournament is gonna get whipped, and the guy after him too! The only person worthy of stepping into the ring with me is the man standing right next to me. So how about all of you inbred Texans out there say Hello to the greatest man to ever be born and raised in this state, my good friend Dick Murdoch!

Dick Murdoch: That’s right Dr. D! Dick Murdoch is here in the World Class wrasslin’ and just like you I am lookin’ to put some gold around my waist. So next week as part of this here tournament, I gotta go one on one with Blackjack Lanza! Now Lanza! I know you were a tough guy thirty years ago! But if you think you can still fight with the likes of Dick Murdoch when your drawin’ social security and lookin’ for a nice retirement home, you got another thing comin! So if you don’t forget where the arena is, or have to get a hip replaced, you come on down and I’ll put a whippin’ on you old man!!

David Schultz: Now before we do my favorite thing to do here in Dallas, which is leave town, let me say one more thing. Last week Lanza was out here rambling about teaching Mantell and Casey about being a tag team or something like that. Now, while I always figured Blackjack Lanza as the kind of man who likes "educating" young boys....if either of them two punks try to stick their nose in the beating that Murdoch is out here giving Lanza next week, you best believe I'll be on hand to teach them a lesson that won't neither of them ever forget!

Schultz slams the microphone into the chest of Marc Lowrance, as Dick Murdoch laughs and both men exit to a chorus of boo’s.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: We’re back folks and I’d like to apologize for the comments made by David Schultz and Dick Murdoch before the break.

Bill Watts: If I know Blackjack Lanza, Murdoch will be paying for those comments next week.

Jim Ross: Speaking of comments that we may need to apologize for, Marc Lowrance is standing by with The Fabulous Freebirds!

We cut to ringside where Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, and Buddy Roberts are decked out in red and blue attire and Hayes has already taken the microphone from Marc Lowrance.

Michael Hayes: Just in case you don’t already know, what you people are looking at right now is Freebird Fantasia at it’s finest. To my left you got the brother known as Bamm Bamm, three hundred pounds of rompin' stompin' walkin' talkin' destruction, the master of disaster, and one of the baddest dudes on the planet, Terry Gordy. To my right you got the man with the plan, the man who has been more places and done more things than you’ve even dreamed of jack He's two hundred thirty pounds of real hot stuff, and he won't stop until he get's enough, Buddy Roberts. Here on the stick, last but not least, where women would like to feast, two hundred and forty pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal, so darn bad it seems unreal, you got the man known as P.S. baby, and that stands for Purely Sexy and if you don’t believe me, just ask your lady and she’ll tell you it’s true, and there’s nothing you can do about it, because the three of us come from a place called Badstreet and the further down that street you go, the badder it gets, and baby, we live in the house on the right. Terry, Buddy Jack, lets show these boys how it’s done!

1 Fall, 20 Minute Time Limit

-The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, Buddy Roberts) vs Jerry Oske, Ron Ritchie, Mike George-

Michael Hayes started this one off and while he always maintained the advantage on Mike George, it was more strutting and preening than actual wrestling. George managed a tag to Oske while Hayes was yelling at someone in the crowd, and Oske was able to catch Hayes with a hiptoss on a reversal. Hayes quickly tagged out to Buddy Roberts who came in and lit up Oske with some nasty lefts and rights. Roberts worked over Oske for several minutes, and used several illegal tactics simply because he could, drawing the ire of referee David Manning. Finally, Terry Gordy was tagged in and that was the beginning of the end, and Oske was just cannon fodder for a barrage of power moves, before Gordy destroyed him with a piledriver and covered him for the 1,2,3 after knocking George and Ritchie off the apron for good measure.

Winners: The Fabulous Freebirds

Jim Ross: A dominant performance from The Freebirds tonight Bill. You have to think that when AWA World Class crowns it's inaugural Tag Team Champions, they will be heavy favorites to win the gold.

Bill Watts: Well Jim, they were offered a single spot in the tournament for the Heavyweight Championship, and have chosen Terry Gordy as the man to represent them. When the Tag Team Tournament goes down, they will certainly be a part of it as well.

Jim Ross: There you have it fans, Terry "Bamm Bamm" Gordy will compete in our ongoing tournament to crown the first AWA World Class Champion. We'll be right back with more action!

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back Ladies and Gentleman, let's head down to the ring where big Barry Windham from right here in Texas is set to compete!

-Barry Windham vs Snake Brown-

The opening 60 seconds of the match was Barry grabbing a headlock, and then turning it into a hammerlock and an arm wringer. Then he shot Brown into the ropes and nearly took him out of his boots with a dropkick. When Brown managed to get back to his feet, Barry bounced off the ropes behind him and dropped him with a huge bulldog. Then instead of waiting for Brown to get up on his own, Barry gave him a little help, and then sent him right back down with a Lariat that was all she wrote.

Winner: Barry Windham

Windham rolls out of the ring and joins Marc Lowrance who is waiting to interview him.

Marc Lowrance: A dominating performance tonight Barry. Next week you are part of the tournament for the AWA World Class Heavyweight Title, and you will be stepping into the ring against "The Outlaw" Ron Bass. Your thoughts?

Barry Windham: First of all Marc, I'd just like to say how good it is to be part of World Class, and how great it is to be back in Texas.

This draws big cheers from the fans in the Sportatorium.

Barry Windham: My goal in coming here is to win that World Class championship, and if I have to beat Ron Bass to do it, then...

The eyes of Marc Lowrance grow huge, and he quickly gets out of the way...

Jim Ross: RON BASS JUST ATTACKED BARRY WINDHAM FROM BEHIND!!

Bass clobbers Windham from behind with a huge forearm smash to the neck that sends Barry staggering forward. Bass quickly capitalizes and grabs Windham by his hair and smashes him face first into the ring post. Windham collapses to the floor clutching his face, and Bass raises his arms into the air in celebration much to the disdain of the fans in attendance.

Jim Ross: A heinous attack by "Outlaw" Ron Bass on Barry Windham. Bill Watts is headed to ringside along with the Doctor to check on Windham. Let's go ahead and take a commercial break while they check on him.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back folks, before the break we saw Ron Bass sneak attack Barry Windham and ram his face into the metal ring post. Bill Watts escorted Barry Windham to the locker room, and from what I am being told he is conscious, but did receive a laceration on his forehead that will require stitches. If I receive any further information on his condition, I will pass it along to you. For now, let's head down to ringside where Marc Lowrance is standing by with Skandor Akbar.

Marc Lowrance: That's right, I am here with Skandor Akbar.

Skandor Akbar: That's General Skandor Akbar to you Lowrance!

Marc Lowrance: My apologies, General Skandor Akbar, and in the ring is his new tag team of The Mongol and..

Skandor Akbar: Wrong Again Lowrance! The man that you all insisted on calling The Mongol has a name. I mean, they don't just call you The American, simply because you are from this inferior country, do they Lowrance?

That comment sets the Sportatorium crowd to boo'ing the foreign contingent.

Skandor Akbar: No! The man you stupid Americans have simply referred to as The Mongol is called Nazar Bulba! and the man that joins him is his brother, and he is called Taras Bulba! Together they are The Mongolians! Together they will bring the AWA World Tag Team Titles and the World Class Tag Team Titles to Devastation Incorporated! Now shut your mouth and watch as they destroy these two unfortunate souls in the ring with them.

1 Fall, 20 Minute Time Limit

-The Mongols (Taras Bulba/Nazar Bulba) w/ General Skandor Akbar vs Bob Brown/Buzz Tyler-

Nazar Bulba opened up against Bob Brown, and while Brown managed a bit of early offense, the size of Bulba allowed him to batter the smaller man with lots of forearms clubs across the back and a brutal shoulder block after a whip into the ropes. Nazar pulled Brown toward his corner and planted him with a huge bodyslam, before tagging in Taras. Taras pulled Brown too his feet and holding him by both ears delivered a series of headbutts that sent The Bulldog back to the canvas. Bulba covered, but Brown managed to get his shoulder up at two. Taras fired Brown into the ropes and bent down for a back body drop, but Brown nailed him with a kick to the head. The blow didn't phase Taras, but it did allow Brown to run to his corner and tag in Buzz Tyler. Tyler entered the ring and was met with a big clothesline from Taras. Bulba followed it up with a series of headbutts to "Avalanche" then whipped him into The Mongol corner. Taras followed him in with a hard back elbow and tagged out to Nazar. Nazar entered and battered Tyler with a series of punches, and then scooped him up for a big bodyslam. He quickly tagged Taras back in, before charging across the ring and knocking Bob Brown to the floor. Taras entered the ring and slapped The Mongolian Clawhold onto Buzz Tyler who was prone on the mat. Tyler struggled against it for a few seconds, but the grip of Taras Bulba proved to be unbreakable. Referee Rick Hazzard counted down the shoulders of Tyler and this one was over.

Winners: The Mongols

Jim Ross: Devastation Incorporated has quite a tag team with The Mongols there Bill. They just made short work of Buzz Tyler and Bob Brown.

Bill Watts: That was an impressive showing for sure Jim. Two big dangerous men, and with a guy like Akbar leading the way, that makes them even more dangerous.

Jim Ross: Now, before we get to our main event that will see Black Bart and Kerry Von Erich battle in our second Heavyweight Title tournament match of the evening, why don't you go ahead and tell us about the tournament matches we'll see next week.

Bill Watts: Well, they were both mentioned earlier tonight, but we will see Blackjack Lanza take on Dick Murdoch in the first one. Then we will see Ron Bass and Barry Windham do battle in the second one, and Barry assured me in the locker room that nothing will stop him from being here next week.

Jim Ross: On top of all that fans, we will have "Dr. Death" Steve Williams, The Russians, and so much more. That's all next week. But stay tuned, cause right after this final break, we will be back with our huge main event!

-Commercial Break-

-Kerry Von Erich vs Black Bart-

The crowd in the Sportatorium went nuclear when Kerry Von Erich came to the ring, as this was his first time in competition in Dallas since the passing of his brother David. The roof nearly came off the place when Kerry took the upper hand off the lock up, blasting Black Bart across the ring with a series of right hands that left the big man staggered in the ropes. Kerry Irish whipped him across the ring and caught him with a beautiful dropkick that sent Bart to the canvas. Kerry quickly covered, but Bart was able to kick out at two. Kerry slapped on a side headlock and fired a few punches into the head of Bart, but Bart used his size to shove Kerry into the ropes and attempt a clothesline. Kerry was able to duck under it and bounce off the ropes on the far side, then he caught Bart with a clothesline of his own. Feeling the momentum, Kerry went back into the ropes and launched himself at Bart with a cross body block, but unfortunately for Kerry, Bart caugh him and dropped straight down into a big slam.

Kerry managed to get the shoulder up at two, but Bart was quick to capitalize, dragging Kerry to his feet and hammering him with a series of big right hands. Bart whipped Von Erich into the corner and followed in with an avalanche, then lifted him up and planted him with another body slam. Bart dropped a big elbow on Kerry, and instead of covering chose to stomp him in the gut several times. An elbow to the back of the head left Kerry reeling and then Bart hooked him up and took him over with a big vertical suplex. Bart got back to his feet and pulled Kerry by his feet closer to the corner, and began to ascend the ropes. Bart raised his hands in the Texas Longhorn sign and leapt for his Diving Legdrop...

BUT NO ONE WAS HOME!! Kerry rolled out of the way much to the delight of the screaming crowd and Bart crashed posterior first to the mat. Both men made it to their feet at around the same time as deafening chants of "Kerry, Kerry, Kerry" rang off of every wall. They began to exchange punches in the center of the ring with each man becoming a bit more staggered with each punch, finally Kerry spun into his Discus Punch and Bart sailed backwards into the ropes. He bounced forward, arms at his sides, already loopy from the huge punch he had just taken and Kerry locked on The Iron Claw! Bart struggled against it for a minute, and then sank to one knee, then fell onto his side, and finally his back. Referee David Manning quickly counted the three, and the Sportatorium exploded in celebration!

Winner: Kerry Von Erich

Jim Ross: Kerry Von Erich picks up the huge win, and this crowd is so loud that I can't even begin to describe it!

Bill Watts: These people love the Von Erich's and the family's loss was the people's loss too. So this moment, this victory, this is for all of them.

Jim Ross: Well said Cowboy. Marc Lowrance is gonna try and get a word with our victor...

Marc Lowrance is standing ringside with a sweaty and exhausted Kerry Von Erich, and both of them are surrounded by children and teenagers who rushed to ringside as soon as the bell rang.

Marc Lowrance: I am here with Kerry Von Erich who just made a triumphant return to Dallas and the Sportatorium and has defeated Black Bart in the tournament to crown the Heavyweight Champion. Tell us your thoughts Kerry....

Kerry Von Erich: You know Marc, it's so good to be back here in Dallas in front of all these people. The love we've felt this last month is something I can't begin to describe, and I know David is looking down on us from Heaven and he'd want to say Thank You to all the people for the cards and letters, and the prayers. I didn't know at first how Kevin and I were gonna do it you know. We'd always done this as brothers, all of us, as brothers. But the more we thought about it, the more we talked about what David would want us to do, we know he'd want us to keep on fighting. We know he'd want us to keep on trying to get a Von Erich to be the Heavyweight Champion of the World.

Kevin Von Erich arrives at ringside in his street clothes and hugs his brother.

Kerry Von Erich: So, while this is a different World Class Wrestling than it was before. Even though we are going more places, and there are different guys here and everything. The reason we are here is still the same. Whether it's me, whether it's Kevin, we want to make sure a Von Erich becomes the World Heavyweight Champion. We also wanna win the Heavyweight Title here, and we wanna go after those Tag Titles too.

Marc Lowrance: Anything you would like to add Kevin?

Kevin Von Erich: Kerry said it all right there man. Even though this is a different company than the one our Dad owned, we still want all of the wonderful people of Texas to support it, to support us. Because we are still fighting for the Von Erich name. We are still fighting for the great state of Texas. We want to make all of you people proud. We want to make our Dad proud, and we want to make David proud.

Marc Lowrance: There you have it Ladies and Gentleman. For Jim Ross and Bill Watts, I'm Marc Lowrance. Good Night!

The show goes off the air as both Kerry and Kevin begin mingling with the Sportatorium faithful. Shaking hands with the men, receiving kisses from the women, and high fiving the children.

World Class is off to a great start.  I am really into the Bass-Windham feud that seems to be getting started!

-The tag division seems stacked with the Freebirds, Mongols and VonErichs.  Your Freebird interview was priceless!

-Bam Bam pulling double duty as a tag guy and a singles guy is a great idea as he could really do it all!  

-Schultz and Murdoch are perfect World Class heels and they give it all a legit feel as everybody knows they could be at the top of any promotion.

-Kerry winning in his return to Dallas was the only way that could go.... Nice Job

and with the line "Some might call you an idiot, announcer man." Schultz officially becomes by favorite heel in the game.....great promo and I love the alliance with Dick Murdoch!

The Freebirds are here and ready to fight the Von Erichs.....a natural progression

Windham/Bass make for a great feud....and there's a lot of top contenders already emerging to challenge for that World Class championship!

Great show! 

Classic promos from Dr. D and Murdoch. These two will get mega heat! 

Speaking of classic promos, Michael Hayes delivers a great one. You really have him down. They follow up with a solid squash. 

Windham looks good and ready for his tournament match with Bass but Bass gets the first shot in as he attacks Windham. Good job getting heat on their upcoming match. 

Skandor introduces the Mongols! They look devastating in their debut. 

Fun TV main event as Kerry and Bart go at it. Of course Kerry's going over in his triumphant return. Kevin joins him at the end and the Von Erich's are back in Texas! 

Damn, the Von Erichs, Freebirds, Mongols, Shultz and Murdoch! I love all these factions. Only a matter of time before the Freebirds and Von Erichs cross paths. 

WCCW is really clicking! 

-3-23-84 from the North Side Coliseum in Fort Worth, TX-

1) The Mongols (Taras Bulba/Nazar Bulba) w/Skandor Akbar beat The Island Boys (Tio/Tapu) when Nazar pinned Tapu in 14:43

2) "Dr. Death" Steve Williams over Grizzly Evans in 7:07 with Oklahoma Stampede

3) Kim Duk/Tora Yatsu defeated Bob Brown/Buzz Tyler when Yatsu submitted Tyler in 16:12

4) The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, Buddy Roberts) over Blackjack Lanza, Scott Casey, Johnny Mantell in 22:48 when Hayes pinned Casey

5) "Outlaw" Ron Bass defeated Brian Blair in 12:33 with a Gourdbuster

6) David Schultz/Dick Murdoch and Barry Windham/Eddie Hogan wrestled to a Double Disqualification in 16:51

7) Magnum TA beat Black Bart in 10:24 with the Belly to Belly Suplex

8) Kerry and Kevin Von Erich defeated The Russians (Krusher Darsow/Boris Zhukov) when Kevin pinned Zhukov in 31:02

-3-24-84 from the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, TX-

1) Porkchop Cash/Tiger Conway Jr over The Bounty Hunter/Bob Cook in 8:11 when Cash pinned The Bounty Hunter

2) "Dr. Death" Steve Williams over Grizzly Boone in 7:36 with Running Clothesline

3) Kim Duk/Tora Yatsu defeated The Island Boys (Tio/Tapu) when Duk pinned Tio in 21:02

4) The Great Kabuki and The Mongols (Taras Bulba/Nazar Bulba) w/Skandor Akbar over Blackjack Lanza, Scott Casey, Johnny Mantell in 25:28 when Kabuki pinned Lanza

5) Krusher Darsow defeated Brian Blair in 14:44 with a chain shot behind the back of the referee

6) David Schultz/Dick Murdoch and Barry Windham/Eddie Hogan wrestled to a Double Disqualification in 15:59

7) Magnum TA beat Boris Zhukov in 11:44 with the Belly to Belly Suplex

8) Kerry and Kevin Von Erich defeated Ron Bass/Black Bart when Kerry pinned Bart in 25:29

-3-25-84 from the Lake Charles Civic Center in Lake Charles, LA-

1) Porkchop Cash/Tiger Conway Jr wrestled Scott Casey/Johnny Mantell to a Draw in 15:00

2) Dick Murdoch defeated Blackjack Lanza by Count Out in 8:03

3) The Great Kabuki and The Mongols (Taras Bulba/Nazar Bulba) w/Skandor Akbar over Brian Blair and The Island Boys (Tio/Tapu) in 23:47 when Nazar Bulba pinned Blair

4) Eddie Hogan w/Sunshine beat Black Bart by Count Out in 11:35

5) "Outlaw" Ron Bass over "Bulldog" Bob Brown in 6:50 with Gourdbuster

6) Kerry and Kevin Von Erich defeated Kim Duk/Tora Yatsu in 24:58 when Kevin submitted Kim Duk

7) David Schultz over "Dr. Death" Steve Williams in 16:09 when Dr. D rolled him up and hooked the trunks

8) Magnum TA and Barry Windham beat The Russians by Disqualification in 21:27 when Darsow hit Windham with the chain

-3-26-84 from the Auditorium in Lafayette, LA-

1) Porkchop Cash/Tiger Conway Jr beat Bob Brown/Buzz Tyler when Conway pinned Tyler in 13:26

2) Dick Murdoch defeated Blackjack Lanza by Count Out in 8:53

3) The Great Kabuki and The Mongols (Taras Bulba/Nazar Bulba) w/Skandor Akbar over Brian Blair and The Island Boys (Tio/Tapu) in 24:07 when Kabuki pinned Blair

4) Black Bart beat Scott Casey in 10:11 with Diving Leg Drop

5) "Outlaw" Ron Bass and Eddie Hogan w/Sunshine wrestled to a Draw in 20:00

6) Kerry and Kevin Von Erich defeated Kim Duk/Tora Yatsu in 27:18 when Kerry pinned Tora Yatsu

7) David Schultz over Johnny Mantell (substituting for "Dr. Death" Steve Williams) in 11:09 with a Second Rope Elbow Drop

8) Magnum TA and Barry Windham beat The Russians by Disqualification in 21:27 when Zhukov hit Magnum with the chain

-3-27-84 from the Riverside Centroplex in Baton Rouge, LA-

1) Porkchop Cash/Tiger Conway Jr beat The Island Boys (Tio/Tapu) when Cash pinned Tio in 14:01

2) Eddie Hogan w/Sunshine over Grizzly Evans in 8:11 with High Knee

3) Kim Duk/Tora Yatsu defeated Bob Brown/Buzz Tyler when Yatsu submitted Brown in 14:59

4) The Great Kabuki and The Mongols (Taras Bulba/Nazar Bulba) w/Skandor Akbar over Blackjack Lanza, Scott Casey, Johnny Mantell in 24:04 when Taras Bulba pinned Lanza

5) "Outlaw" Ron Bass/Black Bart defeated Brian Blair/Ron Ritchie in 10:31 when Bart pinned Ritchie

6) Kerry and Kevin Von Erich defeated The Russians (Krusher Darsow/Boris Zhukov) when Kerry pinned Zhukov in 30:32

7) One Man Gang over George Weingeroff in 1:07 with 747 Splash

8) David Schultz/Dick Murdoch and Barry Windham/Magnum TA wrestled to a No Contest in 25:18

Very well thought out set of shows here as you had the VonErichs in the Main Event slot in all of the Texas shows and then the Mid-South guys in that role in Louisiana.  You and Captain Redneck really have the most complete promotions as you give us each and every night.  Great work

I agree with everybody, Shultz and Murdoch are on their way to becoming the top heels here. They will draw money with Magnum and Windham along with the Von Erichs. 

Like Kabuki teaming with the Mongols. Akbar has himself a solid group of crazy heels. 

A lot of great talent that's giving fans on the loop their money's worth. 

-Broadcasting live to our local affiliates in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri, as well as in Syndication across these great United States, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents World Class Wrestling, coming to you this week from the Irish McNeil Boys Club in Shreveport, Louisiana!-

F7oZ5gK.png

Jim Ross: Hello Ladies and Gentleman and welcome to another exciting edition of AWA World Class Wrestling! I'm Jim Ross, and tonight the tournament to crown the first World Class Heavyweight Champion continues! Joining me as always is "The Cowboy" Bill Watts!

Bill Watts: Thank You Jim. That's right, tonight we see Dick Murdoch take on Blackjack Lanza in tournament action as well as Barry Windham versus "The Outlaw" Ron Bass.

Jim Ross: Two huge matches between four tough men. We have a ton more action on tap for tonight, but right now let's head to the ring where an exciting young man who is well liked by the ladies is set to compete!

1 Fall, 10 Minute Time Limit

-Al Perez vs Mike George-

Perez was at a definite weight disadvantage against George, but used his quickness to evade his opponent and dispatched him surprisingly quickly. At just over the two minute mark, Perez connected with what Jim Ross called a savate kick and then clamped a Sleeper Hold on George. When Referee Fred Sinclair checked the arm, George was out, and Perez was declared the winner.

Winner: Al Perez

Jim Ross: A stellar performance by Perez, dispatching the veteran Mike George in no time at all!

Bill Watts: If that young man can keep putting in performances like that one, he will definitely have a bright future ahead of him.

Jim Ross: Up next we have our first tournament match of the evening as Blackjack Lanza takes on Dick Murdoch. Lanza has stated that he knows this is potentially his last ride, but he plans to go out guns blazing and wants to go out with some gold.

Bill Watts: Last week Murdoch was out here with David Schultz running his mouth about Lanza, and he'd best be prepared to back those words up tonight. If not, he is gonna find himself on the wrong end of a butt whoopin!

-Blackjack Lanza vs Dick Murdoch-

Murdoch decided that antagonizing Lanza to start the match was his best course of action, so he pulled out of several lock ups, jawed with the fans, and finally called for a test of strength and did the switching hands bit, which led to Lanza simply punching him in the face. Murdoch complained to the referee about the illegal punch, and then bailed to the floor. He came back in and when Lanza advanced on him, he exited the ring again. This time Lanza took the bait and followed him out to the floor, and Muroch quickly got back in. When Lanza went to roll back in, Murdoch pounced and laid the boots to him until the referee backed him off. Murdoch waited until Lanza was about half way to his feet and charged in with an elbow smash, and then pushed Blackjack into the corner and began to work him over with punches and elbows. Murdoch whipped Lanza into the ropes and nailed him with a clothesline that staggered the big man. Murdoch then charged into the ropes himself, but whatever he was looking for got cut off as he ran directly into a big boot from Lanza. Lanza grabbed Murdoch and put him down with a bodyslam, then dropped an elbow that got a count of two from referee Jerry Usher. Lanza pulled Murdoch to his feet and whipped him into the turnbuckles, then followed him in with a clothesline. Lanza mounted the second turnbuckle and began to rain punches down on the head of Murdoch as the fans counted along. The referee was looking up at Lanza imploring him to get off the turnbuckle, and never saw Murdoch bring his right arm up and nail Lanza with a blow blow. As Lanza dropped off the turnbuckles, Murdoch double legged him into a cover, and the referee never saw Murdoch put both of his feet on the ropes for added leverage.

Winner: Dick Murdoch

Jim Ross: That was a travesty of justice if I have ever seen one folks. Blackjack Lanza had the upper hand and momentum going his way, and Dick Murdoch hit him with a low blow and had his feet on the ropes. Just despicable Cowboy.

Bill Watts: I don't like it all Jim. But the referee didn't see it, and the decision of the referee is final. Like it or not, Dick Murdoch advances in the tournament.

Jim Ross: I don't like it one bit. Folks, we are going to take a break, but we'll be right back with more action.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back Ladies and Gentleman, let's head down to ringside where Marc Lowrance is with Skandor Akbar.

Marc Lowrance: That's right, I am with "General" Skandor Akbar who is about to present another member of his Devastation Incorporated group.

Skandor Akbar: I'm glad you got my name correct this time Lowrance! Yes, tonight, I am proud to present to you the man who hails from the deepest, darkest jungles of Uganda. The most feared man in all of professional wrestling! The man who is going to become the first AWA World Class Heavyweight Champion. I give to you the Ugandan Giant, the Ugandan Warrior.... KAMALA!!!

-Kamala w/ Friday and Skandor Akbar vs George Weingeroff-

Chop to the head. Chop to the head. Chop to the throat. Big Splash. DONE.

Winner: Kamala

Jim Ross: If Kamala can do that to his opponents in the tournament for the AWA World Class Heavyweight Title, he has to be the heavy favorite!

Bill Watts: I don't know if he'll have that easy of a time when he takes on "Dr. Death" Steve Williams in the first round!

Jim Ross: Kamala vs "Dr. Death!!!" My God, What a Match!!!

Bill Watts: We'll have it right here next week as part of the tournament. Not only that, but we will also see Al Madril make his return to the area as he takes on the One Man Gang who we will see in action a little later on tonight.

Jim Ross: This tournament just keeps getting bigger and better folks! We'll be right back!

-Commercial Break-

-Eddie Hogan w/Sunshine vs Grizzly Boone-

Hogan and Sunshine came out slapping hands with everyone at ringside and got the crowd really pumped up for this one. Inside the ring, Eddie used his quickness to avoid the much larger Boone, ducking out of the way of his power moves and peppering him with rights and lefts. After several minutes of cat and mouse, Eddie connected with a nice dropkick that staggered Boone, and he followed it up with his patented High Knee that put the big man down and netted him the victory.

Winner: Eddie Hogan

Marc Lowrance is standing by with Hogan and Sunshine for some post match comments.

Marc Lowrance: Marc Lowrance here with Eddie Hogan and Sunshine. A nice win tonight Eddie, your thoughts?

Eddie Hogan: Well let me tell you something Marc Lowrance! Things didn't go as planned in the tournament for the Heavyweight Title and that no good David Schultz got the better of me. But me and Sunshine try not to let things keep us down for too long, so we've regrouped, and we are back at it and we picked up the win tonight. Now, I've been hearing rumors about a World Class Television Title, and if those rumors are true Brother! you had better believe that Eddie Hogan wants to throw his name in the running for that one. You know Marc, my big brother became the AWA World Heavyweight Champion last weekend, and next time I go home to see him and we are doing some clanging and banging at the gym, I don't want to be the only one without some gold, you dig!

Marc Lowrance: I do! Thanks very much Eddie, Sunshine, now back to Bill and Jim.

Jim Ross: A good win for Eddie Hogan tonight against the massive Grizzly Boone. Any word on this Television Title Bill?

Bill Watts: Why don't we just worry about the Heavyweight Title Tournament for right now.

Jim Ross: Alright, we have a man who will be competing in that tournament next week heading to the ring right now!

-"Dr. Death" Steve Williams vs The Bounty Hunter-

An impressive display of power in this one as Doc started by shoving the masked man half way across the ring out of the collar and elbow. He then tried to separate his head from his body with a running clothesline. Williams wasted no time waiting for B.H. to get back up, instead scooping him up and military pressing him over his head before dumping him hard to the canvas. He then picked him up again and scored with the Oklahoma Stampede and that was all she wrote as Alfred Neely counted the three.

Winner: "Dr. Death" Steve Williams

Jim Ross: Doctor Death just ran over The Bounty Hun....WHAT THE HECK....

As Williams was getting his arm raised by the referee, Kamala hit the ring from behind and smashed Williams with a chop to the back of the head. Before Doc had a chance to recover, Kamala was all over him brutalizing him with chops, biting into his forehead, and throwing wild kicks into the midsection of Williams. To his credit, it took a huge barrage of punishment before the man known as Doctor Death collapsed to the canvas. When he did, Kamala was quick to drop the big splash on him. He followed it up with another, and then another. Several referee's hit the ring, and all of them were met with huge chops to the top of the head, and then Kamala landed another Big Splash onto the prone form of Steve Williams.

Skandor Akbar and Friday finally hit the ring amidst the chaos. Friday appeared to be attempting to stop Kamala's rampage and actually got shoved to the canvas for his troubles, Akbar meanwhile appeared to be attempting to hide a grin. Kamala grabbed the fallen Williams and pulled him toward the turnbuckle, he then scaled to the second turnbuckle and unleashed a Big Splash from the Second Rope that left Williams briefly spasming before going still. At this, Kamala seemed satisfied with his work, and Akbar and Friday were able to take him out of the ring. Bill Watts, Medical personnel and the remaining referee staff were quickly in the ring to check on Doctor Death.

Jim Ross: Go to commercial.....

-Commercial Break-

When we return from the commercial break, we see Steve Williams being loaded onto a stretcher. The EMT's begin taking him up the aisle, followed closely by Bill Watts. Behind them come the referees who are helping the referees who got attacked to leave ringside.

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentleman, as you have just seen Steve Williams is being taken to an ambulance and is going to be transported to the hospital. From my position I wasn't able to hear a whole lot, but from what I could gather it sounds like he was badly injured at the hands of Kamala. Our thoughts are with Doctor Death now, and hopefully Bill Watts will be able to come back out here later and give us an update. In the mean time, let's go ahead and take another break, and then we will be back with more action.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back to AWA World Class. I have been told that Steve Williams is en route to the hospital, and we will hopefully have an update later on this evening. Right now let's head down to ringside where Marc Lowrance is standing by with Percival Pringle III.

Marc Lowrance: Thanks alot Jim. I am standing here with Percival Pringle III and his newest acquisition....

Pringle grabs the microphone out of the hands of Lowrance and looks at him like he was about to kill his mother.

Percival Pringle III: How dare you Marc Lowrance! How dare you try and steal my thunder and introduce the cornerstone of my Pringle Dynasty! How dare you try to introduce my One Man Gang!! How dare you try and introduce the man who is going to win the tournament and become the first AWA World Class Heavyweight Champion! You'd best watch yourself Lowrance. You are about to see what happens to anyone who tries to steal my thunder! Mr. Gang, if you would be so kind....

-One Man Gang w/Percival Pringle III vs Ron Ritchie-

This was just short of a mugging. As soon as they locked up Gang muscled Ritchie into the corner and smashed his full body weight into him several times. He then whipped him across the ring into the turnbuckle and followed him in with a huge avalanche. As Ritchie staggered out of the corner, the Gang hit him with a clothesline to the back of the head that caused Ritchie to forward roll onto the canvas and left him staring at the lights. Then the One Man Gang bounced off the ropes and came crashing down with his 747 Splash and James Beard could have counted to one hundred.

Winner: One Man Gang

Jim Ross: My goodness, an absolute beating laid down by the One Man Gang here tonight. As we heard earlier, veteran Al Madril will be returning to the area to compete in the tournament, and he will be facing the Gang in the first round. That is a big task for any man, but Al has experience on his side. Speaking of the tournament, up next we have Barry Windham taking on Ron Bass. Let's take a look back at last week when things between these two men got heated.

We are taken to a video replay of last week: "Bass clobbers Windham from behind with a huge forearm smash to the neck that sends Barry staggering forward. Bass quickly capitalizes and grabs Windham by his hair and smashes him face first into the ring post. Windham collapses to the floor clutching his face, and Bass raises his arms into the air in celebration much to the disdain of the fans in attendance."

Jim Ross: Barry Windham received a dozen stitches to close the gash in his face from that shot, but he wasn't about to let that stop him from competing in this tournament. Let's head down to the ring for our main event.

-Barry Windham vs "Outlaw" Ron Bass-

Bass grabs a side headlock out of the lock up and immediately begins to fire fists into the head of Barry Windham. Referee David Manning threatens a DQ, so Bass lets go and then boots Windham in the head for good measure. When Bass pulls Windham to his feet, we can see that the cut has already been opened back up. Bass again grabs the headlock and grinds on it, firing a punch into the forehead when he can get the referee out of position. When Windham finally managed to shove Bass into the ropes, we see that the right side of Barry's face is covered in blood, and Bass puts him down hard with a shoulderblock. Bass goes to drop an elbow, but Barry rolls out of the way. Both men are quickly back up, and Barry fires off a big dropkick that sends a stunned Bass between the ropes and out of the ring. Windham is angry and follows Bass to the floor, first smashing his head off the ring apron, and then he attempts to send him into the ring post, but Bass puts on the breaks, hooks Barry around the waist and delivers a back suplex on the hard concrete!!

Bass rolls back into the ring as Manning begins the twenty count. Barry starts to stir at around 11, and manages to get his elbows on the apron at 15. Manning reaches 19, and Windham manages to lunge back into the ring much to the chagrin of "The Outlaw." Bass lays a few stomps into Windham, then pulls his bloody opponent off the mat and whips him into the turnbuckle. He follows him in with a clothesline, then delivers a series of kicks to the midsection. Bass then whips Windham into the ropes, and bends down for what appears to be a back body drop. Barry however puts on the brakes, and kicks Bass hard in the mouth with his cowboy boot, then runs back into the ropes and takes Bass down with a huge Lariat!! Bass is down for the count, but Windham is exhausted and unable to capitalize. When he finally gets his bearings and crawls over for the cover, he only manages a count of two.

Both men slowly get back to their feet and meet in the center of the ring and begin exchanging haymakers. Bass appears to be getting the better of the exchange when Barry ducks one of his big rights, which throws Bass off balance and spins him, allowing Barry to hook him up for a big atomic drop! Bass staggered about in pain, and Barry quickly whipped him into the corner. A follow in clothesline hit Bass hard, and then Barry whipped him back across the ring into the far buckle. Barry followed him in again with another hard clothesline, then sat Bass on the top rope. Barry followed him and connected with a big Superplex! Barry floated over on the landing and hooked the leg of Bass. Manning counted the One, Two, Three!

Winner: Barry Windham

Jim Ross: A spectacular win for Barry Windham! Beaten and bloody he catches Ron Bass with a breath taking superplex to score the victory and advance in tournament! I am being told that we have to take one final commercial break, but when we come back "Cowboy" Bill Watts is going to be out here to update us on "Dr. Death" Steve Williams and what will be happening next week. Stay tuned!  

-Commercial Break-

As the show comes back on the air Marc Lowrance is standing at ringside with Bill Watts who looks slightly disheveled, and very pissed off.

Marc Lowrance: Bill, is there any update on the condition of "Dr. Death" Steve Williams, who we saw earlier attacked by Kamala and transported to the hospital in an ambulance?

Bill Watts: I just got back from the hospital, and I am being told that Doctor Death is alert and conscious, but is unfortunately suffering from internal bleeding and potentially broken ribs and will under no circumstances be able to compete here next week.

Marc Lowrance: Does this mean that Kamala will receive a bye in the tournament?

Bill Watts: HELL NO! I saw Akbar out here with that big grin on his face. He sent Kamala out here to purposefully try and take out Doctor Death. A bye is exactly what they want, and they ain't gonna get it! It just so happens that on my way out here, I ran into an old friend backstage who said he'd love to fight Kamala next week and have a chance at becoming the AWA World Class champion. So Kamala will have a match a next week and....

From the back of the arena comes Kamala charging toward Bill Watts and Marc Lowrance. Friday is chasing after him, but is several steps behind. Just as Kamala gets to with in about three feet of Watts, another figure comes from the other side of the arena and starts throwing punches at Kamala, and the fans in attendance in Louisiana go absolutely ballistic!!

Jim Ross: THAT'S THE JUNKYARD DOG!! THE JUNKYARD DOG IS HERE IN WORLD CLASS!!! AND HE IS TAKING IT TO KAMALA!!! MY GOD, WHAT A BRAWL!!! FOLKS.... WE ARE OUT OF TIME!!!!