Pro Wrestling Only

AWA World Class Wrestling

Blehschmidt

-9-21-84 from The Sam Houston Coliseum in Houston, TX-

1) "Hollywood" John Tatum beat "Jumping" Joe Savoldi in 8:37 w/Savate Kick

2) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) over The Thunderfoots (Thunderfoot I/Thunderfoot II) in 9:14 when Simpson pinned II

3) The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart defeated Tugboat Taylor in 8:50 w/Thrust Kick

4) "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious over Jim Powers in 7:56 w/Brainbuster

5) The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) and The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) wrestled to a Draw in 20:00

6) "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine beat Sam Houston in 12:33 w/Feet on the Ropes Pinfall in a match for the Southwestern Heavyweight Title

7) "Dr. D" David Schultz and Iceman King Parsons wrestled to a Double Count Out in 10:07

8) The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) beat The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette by Disqualification in 21:29 when Cornette hit Samu with the Tennis Racket

9) Barry Windham defeated Brian Adias in 27:17 w/Superplex in a match for the Central States Title

10) Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich over The Movement (Shaska Whatley/Tiger Conway Jr) by Disqualification in 18:26 when Iceman Parsons interfered in a match for the AWA World Tag Team Titles

-9-22-84 from The Lake Charles Civic Center in Lake Charles, LA-

1) "Hollywood" John Tatum beat "Jumping" Joe Savoldi in 8:30 w/Savate Kick

2) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) over The Thunderfoots (Thunderfoot I/Thunderfoot II) in 9:19 when Simpson pinned II

3) The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart defeated Tugboat Taylor in 8:55 w/Thrust Kick

4) "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious over Jim Powers in 7:52 w/Brainbuster

5) The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) and The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) wrestled to a Draw in 20:00

6) "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine beat Sam Houston in 12:55 w/Feet on the Ropes Pinfall in a match for the Southwestern Heavyweight Title

7) "Dr. D" David Schultz and Iceman King Parsons wrestled to a Double Count Out in 10:13

8) The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) beat The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette by Disqualification in 21:18 when Cornette hit Samu with the Tennis Racket

9) Barry Windham defeated Brian Adias in 27:49 w/Superplex in a match for the Central States Title

10) Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich over The Movement (Shaska Whatley/Tiger Conway Jr) by Disqualification in 18:59 when Iceman Parsons interfered in a match for the AWA World Tag Team Titles

-9-23-84 from The Auditorium in Lafayette, LA-

1) "Hollywood" John Tatum beat "Jumping" Joe Savoldi in 8:42 w/Savate Kick

2) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) over The Thunderfoots (Thunderfoot I/Thunderfoot II) in 9:17 when Simpson pinned II

3) The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart defeated Tugboat Taylor in 8:56 w/Thrust Kick

4) "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious over Jim Powers in 7:48 w/Brainbuster

6) "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine beat Sam Houston in 12:37 w/Feet on the Ropes Pinfall in a match for the Southwestern Heavyweight Title

7) "Dr. D" David Schultz and Iceman King Parsons wrestled to a Double Count Out in 10:08

8) The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) beat The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette by Disqualification in 21:39 when Cornette hit Samu with the Tennis Racket

9) Barry Windham defeated Brian Adias in 27:09 w/Superplex in a match for the Central States Title

10) Kerry Von Erich over Nick Bockwinkel by Disqualification in 28:29 when Big John Studd interfered in a match for the World Class Heavyweight Title

-9-24-84 from The Riverside Centroplex in Baton Rouge, LA-

1) "Hollywood" John Tatum beat "Jumping" Joe Savoldi in 8:33 w/Savate Kick

2) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) over The Thunderfoots (Thunderfoot I/Thunderfoot II) in 9:41 when Simpson pinned II

3) The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart defeated Tugboat Taylor in 8:59 w/Thrust Kick

4) "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious over Jim Powers in 7:57 w/Brainbuster

6) "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine beat Sam Houston in 12:53 w/Feet on the Ropes Pinfall in a match for the Southwestern Heavyweight Title

7) "Dr. D" David Schultz and Iceman King Parsons wrestled to a Double Count Out in 10:42

8) The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) beat The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette by Disqualification in 24:11 when Cornette hit Samu with the Tennis Racket

9) Barry Windham defeated Brian Adias in 27:07 w/Superplex in a match for the Central States Title

10) Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich over The Movement (Shaska Whatley/Tiger Conway Jr) by Disqualification in 19:09 when Iceman Parsons interfered in a match for the AWA World Tag Team Titles

-9-25-84 from The Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans, LA-

1) "Hollywood" John Tatum beat "Jumping" Joe Savoldi in 8:32 w/Savate Kick

2) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) over The Thunderfoots (Thunderfoot I/Thunderfoot II) in 9:11 when Simpson pinned II

3) The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart defeated Tugboat Taylor in 8:51 w/Thrust Kick

4) "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious over Jim Powers in 7:58 w/Brainbuster

6) "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine beat Sam Houston in 12:35 w/Feet on the Ropes Pinfall in a match for the Southwestern Heavyweight Title

7) "Dr. D" David Schultz and Iceman King Parsons wrestled to a Double Count Out in 10:03

8) The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) beat The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette by Disqualification in 21:19 when Cornette hit Samu with the Tennis Racket

9) Barry Windham defeated Brian Adias in 27:19 w/Superplex in a match for the Central States Title

10) Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich over The Movement (Shaska Whatley/Tiger Conway Jr) by Disqualification in 18:29 when Iceman Parsons interfered in a match for the AWA World Tag Team Titles

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good round of matches on the loop.

I noticed Kerry got a shot at the title, some possible seeds planted here.

Barry retains against Adias in what looked to be a fun and clean match. 

LOL, I'm loving HTM's title reign. Defeating Houston with his feet on the ropes is perfect. 

Islanders are taking the Midnights to the limit. These are money worth matches. 

The Von Erichs get a DQ win over the Movement. It's going to be hard taking those titles since the Movement have the numbers game working for them. 

-Broadcasting live to our local affiliates in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri, as well as in Syndication across these great United States, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents World Class Wrestling, coming to you this week from the Irish McNeil Boys Club in Shreveport, Louisiana!-

F7oZ5gK.png

Jim Ross: Hello Ladies and Gentleman, and welcome to AWA World Class Wrestling! I'm Jim Ross and joining me as always is "Cowboy" Bill Watts. We've got quite a night of action for you as we'll see the AWA World Tag Team Champions The Movement and Iceman Parsons in six man tag team action against Brian Adias and The Youngbloods. Kevin Von Erich will be in action. Gary Hart has promised to debut another wrestler here tonight, and we will see the World Class Tag Team Champions The Midnight Express defend those titles against the surging team of Jim Powers and Joe Savoldi in our main event.

Bill Watts: Savoldi and Powers are a young talented team, and they have racked up an impressive series of wins. But tonight they are taking on one of the best teams in the business. It is definitely going to be a uphill climb for them, especially with that loud mouth Cornette at ringside.

Jim Ross: It is quite the opportunity for them Bill, and I expect they'll make the most of it. Let's head down to the ring for our first match, where young Sam Houston is set for competition.

1 Fall, 10 Minute Time Limit

-Sam Houston vs Ali Bey-

This was a nice little showcase for Houston against Bey who outweighed him by nearly fifty pounds. Bey overpowered him several times in the opening minute or so, but after that Houston used his speed and smarts to keep his opponent off his game. Houston ducked a shoddy clothesline attempt by Bey and caught him with a Bulldog on the rebound for the three count.

Winner: Sam Houston

Marc Lowrance is waiting for Sam Houston as he exits the ring.

Marc Lowrance: A nice win in there tonight. What's next for Sam Houston?

Sam Houston: Thank You Marc! You know, these last few months I've been fighting alongside Barry Windham against Jimmy Garvin and them guys. But with Young gone, and Barry fixing to send John Tatum packing next week, I feel like I can finally focus on where Sam Houston is going. So I'm gonna keep on picking up wins like here tonight, and then I am gonna go after that Southwestern Title. I don't like this goofy Honky Tonk Man, so I figure if I can knock his block off and win a title, that's two birds with one stone! Yeah!

Houston pumps his fist and raises his hands in the air, much to the delight of the young ladies in the audience. Marc Lowrance nods as we cut back to the announce position.

Jim Ross: Young Sam Houston gets on the winning track, and he has his sights set on the Honky Tonk Man.

Bill Watts: Well Jim, last week we saw The Honky Tonk Man defend the Southwestern Championship against Kerry Von Erich, and....well.....let's roll the footage....

Von Erich went to the floor to retrieve his opponent.

CRASH!!

As soon as Kerry's feet hit the floor, The Honky Tonk Man who had been kneeling down, came to his feet and smashed his guitar over the head of Von Erich. It splintered into pieces, and Kerry crashed to the floor in a heap as the crowd went from elation to anger. James Beard immediately called for the bell, as Sunshine grabbed the Southwestern belt and along with "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris got out of town while the getting was still good.

Bill Watts: Honky Tonk Ferris purposefully got himself disqualified when he was getting beaten by Kerry Von Erich. Not only that, he did it by smashing a guitar over the head of Von Erich. Kerry suffered several lacerations, but thankfully did not get a concussion.

Jim Ross: Now, according to Ferris, he had a totally different reason for doing what he did. Let's roll that footage.

A video plays of "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris standing in front of an AWA World Class Wrestling backdrop. He is wearing large gold sunglasses, a shirt that looks like something out of a bad cowboy movie (complete with fringe), and what can best be described as leather bell bottoms. Both hands are adorned with way too many rings, and as always his hair is perfect.

"After my match last week I heard Tim Roth and Cowpoke Waits saying that I played a tune on the head of ole Horseface Von Erich because I was getting beat. C'mon Now! That couldn't be farther from the truth if it was in Japan Ladies and Gentleman, and I should know cause they love The Honky Tonk Man in Japan!

Anyhow, I was out there trying to have a good clean wrassling match with Kerry, and he was fighting dirty like them Von Erich's are known to do. He kept poking my eyes, and trying to hit me below the belt, and things like that. So I was getting a little upset because The Honky Tonk Man absolutely doesn't condone that kind of thing, cause like my Sunshine always says, cheaters never win!

Then that Von Erich started pulling my hair. Now Ladies and Gentleman, I know you probably can't tell it by looking at me, but The Honky Tonk Man is pretty proud of his hair! I know, I know, it's probably hard to believe that a humble fella like me could be prideful or vain like that, but it's true! Anyway, Kerry Von Erich started jerking me around by my hair, and then when I tried to make sure that he hadn't ripped it out, he kicked me out of the ring.

So when Kerry Von Erich came out of the ring to continue attacking me, I took my guitar and I played the blues right across his head, 'cause I was sick and tired of him cheating...and the referee allowing it to happen! I wasn't going to let my Southwestern Title getting stolen by a crooked referee and a Von Erich in Dallas! I saw the writing on the wall! So I took my title, my Sunshine, and I left!

That's what happened Ladies and Gentleman. Thank Ya for listening, you're a beautiful audience!"

Jim Ross: Well, that's certainly an interesting take on the events of last week.

Bill Watts: You think so Tim?

Jim Ross: Ha! Let's take our first break Cowpoke!

-Commercial Break-

-"Cowboy" Bob Orton w/Paul Jones vs Brody Chase-

Orton made short work of his over matched opponent here in his World Class debut. Right out of the gate he attacked him with elbow strikes and clubbing forearms across the back. Then he took him to the ground and wrenched on a headlock and dropped knees on his head. Finally Orton put him on the top rope and hit his patented Superplex to score the victory.

Winner: "Cowboy" Bob Orton

Marc Lowrance is waiting on Bob Orton as he exits the ring.

Marc Lowrance: Bob Orton, Paul Jones. Firstly, both of you, welcome to World Class Wrestling. Second, Bob Orton, congratulations on your win tonight.

Paul Jones: Marc Lowrance! Paul Jones has brought his Army to World Class Wrestling, and everyone had better be prepared for war! Tonight you saw Bob Orton Jr make his debut, and soon enough you'll see the other men who have joined with me! Tell them about it Cowboy!

Bob Orton: While I appreciate your kind words Marc Lowrance, let's just cut to the chase. That man in there tonight was a bum. I didn't come all the way here to wrestle bums. I came to World Class Wrestling to wrestle the best. I came to World Class Wrestling to make a lot of money, and to win championships. Namely the Central States Championship, and right now that is held by a man named Barry Windham. Windham, you're a good wrestler, and I've seen you using my superplex and you do it pretty well. But I'm a great wrestler, and I am the master of the superplex. So you take care of John Tatum next week, then you start thinking about Bob Orton. Cause I'm coming for your title Windham.

Orton and Jones walk away as the crowd boo's them, and Marc Lowrance throws it back to the announce team.

Jim Ross: "Cowboy" Bob Orton has arrived here in World Class Wrestling, with Paul Jones at his side, and he has Barry Windham and the Central States Title on his mind.

Bill Watts: Orton has been around this business for a long time. He is a tough, grizzled veteran, and Windham had better watch his back.

Jim Ross: Folks, up next we are going to have ourselves a six man tag team match, and there is bad blood with all six men. The Movement have targeted Brian Adias for seemingly no reason, and matters only got worse when Iceman Parson returned and aligned with Adias, only to turn on him and join The Movement. The Youngbloods got tired of seeing Adias being double and triple teamed and came to his aid. Then days after Whatley and Conway pulled off the ultimate screw job and stole the AWA World Tag Team Titles from The Road Warriors, Mark Youngblood pinned Shaska Whatley in a six man tag team match!

Bill Watts: Pretty much ever since that match, Whatley and Conway have been traveling all over the United States defending those titles, while Adias and The Youngbloods have been chomping at the bit to get another crack at them.

Jim Ross: Here comes The Movement to the ring, and it looks like they have something to say.

Bill Watts: Wonderful....

The three members of The Movement hit the center of the ring and all throw a fist into the air as the Louisiana crowd is about 50/50 on them. Conway's afro has gotten huge, and the Fu Manchu mustache is quite full. Shaska Whatley has grown in a full beard and shaved his head. Both men are wearing camouflage pants and have the AWA World Tag Team Titles strapped around their waists. Iceman Parsons has his regular braided hair and goatee, but is wearing all back tights and black sunglasses. Tiger Conway has the microphone...

Tiger Conway Jr: I was at the bottom. Out here every week, stuck in a tag team with an old, broken down, never was named Charlie Cook. I didn't even know that brotha, but some old white dudes saw two brothas they didn't want nothing to do with, so there we was. Then one day I had enough, and I knocked Charlie Cook's old tired ass out, and they had to take notice. Ohhh, you can be sure they didn't want too, but they HAD TOO! When I first started talking, they told me to keep my mouth shut. When I first started talking, they told me there wasn't no spot for me. WELL I KEPT TALKING, AND LOOK WHERE WE AT NOW!!

Conway takes off the AWA World Tag Team Title around his waist and holds it into the air.

Tiger Conway Jr: Yeah, we had to lose some soldiers along the way, but no Movement begins without sacrifice. Now that I have my main man Shaska by my side, and we have the General, Iceman King Parsons to lead the way, this Movement can turn into what it was always meant to become, a revolution!

Shaska Whatley: Ha, Ha, Ha! Tiger speaks the truth my brothers! He and I have been traveling all across this land defending our World Tag Team Titles, and the Movement is growing!! Down in Alabama, we have The Bruthahood! Koko, Norvell, Brickhouse... keep fighting the good fight brothers! Up in the Rocky Mountains, we have an original if there ever was one, Ernie Ladd! Big Cat!! Keep showing them what for up there! Then up in Canada, where everything is white! Bad News Allen showed us that even a man who has no friends of any kind, understands what The Movement is all about.

Iceman King Parsons: So Brian Adias, that brings us to you Sucka! You think you've been wronged by us. Well let me tell you something cracka, you don't know the first thing about being wronged. Now, your Indian friends, they might have some idea, but they stuck there noses in the wrong place at the wrong time. So why don't you three bring your asses down to our ring, and we'll show you why The Movement is taking over the wrestling bidness!

-Commercial Break-

1 Fall, 30 Minute Time Limit

-The Movement (Iceman King Parsons/Tiger Conway Jr/Shaska Whatley) vs Brian Adias/The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood)-

These six wasted no time once they hit the ring, brawling as soon as the bell rang. Parsons and Adias were especially vicious with one another, going out to the floor and smashing each other into the ring apron and the guard rail. It eventually settled down enough that the referee didn't throw the whole thing out, but tempers continued to flare, and several times multiple men were brawling. The end came during one such moment when Jay Youngblood and Tiger Conway were the legal men, and Adias and Parsons had both entered the ring again. The referee was busy trying to get them out of the ring and failed to notice Shaska Whatley enter the ring with one of the AWA World Tag Team Titles, which he used to clock Jay Youngblood in the head. Mark Youngblood quickly entered the ring and caught Whatley with a huge dropkick that sent him flying out of the ring. Mark grabbed the AWA Title, and used it to smash Tiger Conway who was now covering Jay in the back of the head! Mark tossed the belt out of the ring, rolled Jay on top of Conway, and then quickly exited the ring. The referee finally got away from Adias and Parsons, turned around to see Jay Youngblood covering Tiger Conway Jr and counted the One, Two, Three!

Winners: Brian Adias and The Youngbloods

Jim Ross: Adias and The Youngbloods pick up the win by using some of The Movement's own tactics against them!

Bill Watts: I like it Jim! They tried to cheat The Youngbloods out of that one, and it bit 'em in the butt!

Jim Ross: Conway doesn't know what hit him, but Parsons and Whatley are fuming. This one is far from over Ladies and Gentlemen.

Bill Watts: Serves them right.

Jim Ross: We'll be right back folks!

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: We are back, and last week we saw Gary Hart return to World Class Wrestling with The Great Kabuki. He promised that this week, another of his associates would be here, so let's head to the ring and see just who that might be.

-Kamala w/Gary Hart & Friday vs Mike Reed-

Kamala was absolutely brutal in his return to World Class, running over Mike Reed in less than 60 seconds. A couple of big overhands chops to the head, a huge kick to the chest, and a Big Splash that there was no getting up from.

Winner: Kamala

Marc Lowrance is standing by with Gary Hart as Kamala exits the ring and Friday brings him over to the interview position.

Marc Lowrance: Gary Hart, last week you promised to return with another associate, and I must say you've certainly delivered. "The Ugandan Giant" Kamala certainly left a path of destruction the last time he appeared here.

Gary Hart: He most certainly did Marc Lowrance, and the thing you need to remember is that when he was here before his affairs were being handled by that idiot Akbar! Now with a man such as myself guiding his career, imagine the things we will do to anyone who stands in our way.

Marc Lowrance: I was going to ask you about that. The last time we saw Kamala and Kabuki together here in World Class, they were fighting one another.

Gary Hart: Again, the fault of an idiot who doesn't understand how to deal with great men such as this Ugandan Warrior, such as The Great Kabuki. I assure you Marc Lowrance that any animosity that may have existed between them was a product of Akbar's ignorance and is now simply water under the bridge.

Marc Lowrance: There are still people who want to know whether there was collusion between yourself and Nick Bockwinkel regarding the interference of The Great Kabuki in the cage matc...

Gary Hart: I've told you Marc Lowrance, while I greatly respect Nick Bockwinkel, he and I have never personally been introduced. What Kabuki did in that cage was the choice of The Great Kabuki. I won't answer this question again. So unless you have something else, we will take our leave.

Marc Lowrance: Do you have any further associates?

Gary Hart: Now that Marc Lowrance is a good question!

Hart smiles, then nods his head to signal Friday and Kamala, and walks away from Marc Lowrance. Friday herds Kamala after him.

Jim Ross: What the heck does that mean Bill?

Bill Watts: I don't know Jim. I'm telling you, you can't trust this guy. If he tells you there is water in the ocean, I advise you to go and check.

Jim Ross: With both Kamala and Kabuki by his side, Gary Hart is a very dangerous man here in World Class Wrestling for sure.

Bill Watts: Let's get our last break in before loud mouth gets out here.

Jim Ross: Heh. Fans, we'll be right back.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Cornette: Loud mouth? But Ross has been out here the whole show Watts! You getting senile, or can you just not see anything around that big stupid hat? It doesn't matter, because right now I would like to introduce to you the AWA World Class Tag Team Champions, the men who make all the women blush, and all the men cuss, Loverboy Dennis and Beautiful Bobby, The Midnight Express!!

1 Fall, 60 Minute Time Limit

-The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette vs Jim Powers/Joe Savoldi- AWA World Class Tag Team Titles

The opening minutes of this contest went surprisingly in the favor of Powers and Savoldi who flew all over the place and had Bobby Eaton rocking and reeling. Cornette looked like he was about to faint on the floor, and Condrey was trying to get in the ring, but the referee was on task and kept him out. Eaton finally got on the offense when he cut Savoldi off with an eye rake, and Condrey got tagged in and went to work. The Midnights took over from there and maintained control for the next several minutes, until Dennis went for a backdrop, but Savoldi countered with a sunset flip for two. Savoldi was able to make the tag, and Powers came in like a man possessed and fired punches at both Bobby and Dennis.

Powers caught Eaton with a dropkick that sent him out of the ring, and was able to nail Condrey with a huge Powerslam soon after that may have ended the match, but Eaton grabbed the foot of Powers from the floor and yanked him out of the ring. Bobby shoved Powers into the guard rail, and then slid back into the ring to help Dennis with Savoldi who had jumped in to attack him. While the referee was trying to get both members of The Midnight Express off of Savoldi, he failed to see Jim Cornette jam the handle of the Tennis Racket into the throat of Jim Powers as he was nearly back in the ring.

As the referee got Savoldi out of the ring, Eaton quickly exited and tossed Powers back in. Condrey nailed Powers with a Full Nelson Faceslam, then tagged Eaton. Condrey charged across the ring and knocked Savoldi off the apron, while Bobby delivered a Flying Legdrop and covered Powers for the One, Two, Three.

Winners, and still AWA World Class Tag Team Champions: The Midnight Express

Jim Cornette and The Midnight Express head toward the announce position after the match with big smiles on all of their faces.

Bill Watts: Proud of yourself aren't you?

Jim Cornette: Well of course we are! It's always a pleasure to come out here on national television and show everyone and my Mother that we are the best tag team in the whole world, and why I'm the best manager in the whole world!

Bill Watts: Well good, you can show them again in two weeks.

Jim Cornette: We didn't agree to any...

Bill Watts: Doesn't matter, the Board of Directors already signed it. In two weeks, you will defend those titles again.

Jim Cornette: AGAINST WHO!

Bill Watts: The Islanders.

Jim Cornette: WHAT!! NO!!!

Bill Watts: and Mr. Cornette....

Jim Cornette: .....

Bill Watts: You won't be at ringside alone.....YOU'LL BE HANDCUFFED TO ME!!!

Cornette's eyes get as wide as dinner plates as he backs away from Watts nearly falling into the arms of Bobby and Dennis. Eaton and Condrey look angry as they drag the terrified Cornette out of the studio.

Jim Ross: You enjoyed that didn't you Cowboy?

Bill Watts: A whole lot.

Jim Ross: Not only will The Midnight Express defend the World Class Tag Titles against The Islanders in two weeks folks, that very same night the AWA has signed The Movement to defend the AWA World Tag Team Titles against Jay and Mark, The Youngbloods! Two huge Tag Title matches on the same night.

Bill Watts: It doesn't get much bigger folks.

Jim Ross: and don't forget next week, when Barry Windham defends the Central States Title against "Hollywood" John Tatum in a match where Tatum has agreed to leave World Class until after Christmas if he doesn't bring home the gold.

Bill Watts: That'll be a fight for sure.

Jim Ross: Until next week Ladies and Gentleman, Good Night!

I like the way you are setting up Sam Houston for a little push and the matches with HTM look fun.  Great interview with both here.

Paul Jones Army with Orton vs Windham is another set of matches I am looking forward to.

Iceman with the Movement is must see TV!

Kamala is an awesome monster heel that could put some big names on the injured list if you need

Bill Watts: I don't know Jim. I'm telling you, you can't trust this guy. If he tells you there is... water in the ocean, I advise you to go and check.

HAHAHAH..... Awesome

I just love the Midnight Express.  Can't wait to see Watts and Corny handcuffed together

Houston kicks off the program with some fire.

LOL, HTM tells his side of the story. I don't think he'll be so pompous when Kerry comes looking for payback.

Love the pairing of Orton and Jones. Orton is a serious threat to Windham.

The Movement deliver a passionate promo but then drop one to the Youngbloods and Adias. Nice to see the babyfaces fight fire with fire. Can the Youngbloods carry the momentum into their AWA title match?

Gary Hart brings back Kamala! I think the pieces in WCCW are complete.

Oh man, Savoldi and Powers give the Midnights a tough match but good ol Corny once again comes through for his boys. Might be a different story when he's handcuffed to Watts!

Another great show full of solid matches, great promos and fun surprises.   

Man....World Class is really firing on all cylinders here! 

Great run of house shows, big wins for the Islanders and the Von Erichs!

Paul Jones and Bob Orton are a great pairing, as mentioned...Orton vs. Windham will make for some great title matches!

Best Movement promo yet! Loved it! Youngbloods and Adias pick up a win which earns the Youngbloods a World Tag Team title shot.

I always love the interaction with Watts and Cornette here and seeing them handcuffed together will be a lot of fun!

Looking forward to Windham vs. Tatum next week!

-9-28-84 from The Barton Coliseum in Little Rock, AR-

1) Bruiser Brody won a 15 Man Battle Royal for a shot at the World Class Heavyweight Title. (The Order of Elimination determined the matches for the rest of the card)

2) "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine beat Thunderfoot II in 7:21 w/Swinging Neckbreaker

3) The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart over Sam Houston in 8:08 after Kabuki used the Mist

4) "Hollywood" John Tatum beat Jim Powers in 7:54 w/Savate Kick

5) "Dr. D" David Schultz defeated "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious by Count Out in 11:17

6) "Cowboy" Bob Orton w/Paul Jones over Tugboat Taylor in 9:37 w/Superplex

7) Brian Adias and Iceman King Parsons wrestled to a Double Disqualification in 14:46

8) Kerry Von Erich and Barry Windham wrestled to a Draw in 20:00

9) The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) and The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) defeated The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) and The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette in 38:47 when Tonga Kid pinned Bobby Eaton

10) Bruiser Brody defeated Nick Bockwinkel by Disqualification in 19:49 in a match for the AWA World Class Heavyweight Title after Big John Studd interfered

-9-29-84 from The American Legion Arena in Jonesboro, AR-

1) Bruiser Brody won a 15 Man Battle Royal for a shot at the World Class Heavyweight Title. (The Order of Elimination determined the matches for the rest of the card)

2) "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine beat Thunderfoot II in 7:21 w/Swinging Neckbreaker

3) The Great Kabuki w/Gary Hart over Sam Houston in 8:08 after Kabuki used the Mist

5) "Dr. D" David Schultz defeated "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious by Count Out in 11:17

7) Brian Adias and Iceman King Parsons wrestled to a Double Disqualification in 14:46

9) The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) and The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) defeated The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) and The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette in 38:47 when Tonga Kid pinned Bobby Eaton

10) Bruiser Brody defeated Nick Bockwinkel by Disqualification in 19:49 in a match for the AWA World Class Heavyweight Title after Big John Studd interfered

-9-30-84 from The Kiel Auditorium in St. Louis, MO-

-10-1-84- from The Shrine Mosque in Springfield, MO-

-10-2-84 from The Memorial Hall in Joplin, MO-

Always liked the Battle Royal kicking off a show and determining the matches. 

Brody wins it and gets a shot at Bock. 

The most intriguing match to me was Barry Windham and Kerry Von Erich. Of course they put on a wrestling classic and go 20 minutes. Good stuff.

Brody and Bock would of been awesome to watch live. That no good Studd interferes and costs Brody his chance to be champ. With no doubt this extends their feud. 

-Broadcasting live to our local affiliates in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri, as well as in Syndication across these great United States, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents World Class Wrestling, coming to you this week from the Memorial Hall in Kansas City!-

F7oZ5gK.png

Jim Ross: Good Evening Ladies and Gentleman, and welcome to AWA World Class Wrestling, I am Jim Ross, and Cowboy Bill Watts will be joining me shortly. We have quite a night of action on tap as Barry Windham will defend the Central States Title in our main event against John Tatum, and if Tatum doesn't bring home the gold, he'll have to leave World Class Wrestling until the New Year. We'll also see the feud between The Highwaymen and The Glamour Boys continue, as well as Chief Jules Strongbow and Big John Studd in singles action, and The Islanders in tag team action. But first, let's head to ringside where Cowboy Bill Watts has an announcement.

We cut to ringside where Bill Watts is waiting with a microphone.

Bill Watts: Folks, we just wanted to take a moment to announce that our next big Star Wars event will be coming to you on Halloween night from the Kemper Arena in Kansas City, Missouri! Over the next several weeks we'll begin to announce the card for the show, but if you can join us on October 31st in Kansas City, makes plans to be a part of Halloween Star Wars. I promise ya, it'll be another great one! Back to you Jim.

Watts tips his cowboy hat, and the camera pans back to Jim Ross at the announce desk.

Jim Ross: There you have it Ladies and Gentleman, Thursday night, October 31st, the Kemper Arena in Kansas City will play host to the Halloween Star Wars. All of our previous Star Wars events have been electric, and I can assure you that this one will be no different. Our first match is heading to the ring, as Bill Watts is joining me here. Let's head to some action!

-Big John Studd vs Jack Spade-

Spade hammered away at the chest of Studd when they met in the center of the ring, and Studd looked quite amused. A single clubbing forearm put Spade onto the mat. He was then yanked to his feet by the hair, hooked, and tossed half way across the ring with a double underhook suplex. Studd sauntered over to where Spade lay clutching his back, and jerked him up again. Studd hoisted him high into the air, walked him around the ring, and planted him with a huge body slam. Studd placed a foot on the chest of Spade and the referee counted 1,2,3.

Winner: Big John Studd

Marc Lowrance enters the ring to get a word with Big John Studd

Marc Lowrance: A very impressive display of dominance here this evening by Big John Studd. Now, recently Mr. Studd, you've had both Bruiser Brody and "Dr. D" David Schultz to contend with. Your thoughts on those two men?

Big John Studd: Marc Lowrance, I am the true giant of professional wrestling! Bruiser Brody may be big, and he may be bad, but what he isn't is Big John Studd. But, I at least have a little bit of respect for Brody, so if he wants to get back in this ring with me, I'll squash him like a bug man to man. On the other hand, David Schultz is nothing but a loud mouth, and my only regret about smashing that chair over his head is that I didn't break his neck!

As if on cue, David Schultz emerges from the locker room and rushes the ring, steel chair in hand. Studd actually manages to get a foot on the chair as Schultz slides into the ring, so "Dr. D" simply lets go of the chair and comes up punching. Schultz and Studd are brawling, as Marc Lowrance quickly exits the ring, and is nearly still knocked over as Bruiser Brody comes charging toward the ring.

Brody grabs the steel chair that was left laying, and first cracks John Studd across the back with it, then blasts David Schultz in the head. Studd heads for the hills, as he gets out of the ring and goes for the locker room. Schultz is bleeding, but still trying to fight Brody as a swarm of lower card wrestlers, referees, and officials hit the ring to try and stop Brody and Schultz from tearing each other apart.

Bill Watts: Go to commercial...

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back Ladies and Gentleman, we've managed to get both Bruiser Brody and David Schultz out of the ring, and things back under control.

Bill Watts: Those three are out of control.

Jim Ross: Up next, one week before they get a shot at The Midnight Express and the World Class Tag Titles, we are going to see The Islanders in action!

-The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) vs The Bounty Hunter/Bill Rathke-

Rathke and The Bounty Hunter attempted to Pearl Harbor The Islanders. Samu and Tonga turned around and smiled at them after the attack, then delivered a pair of headbutts that dropped both men. What followed was a total demolition of both guys as they ate stiff side kicks, nasty chops, and pretty much everything else the boys from the islands felt like dishing out. Rathke got the breath driven out of him when Tonga sailed half way across the ring and landed on him with a Top Rope Splash for the one, two, three.

After the fall, The Islanders mounted the turnbuckles and made the motion of the belts being around their waists!

Winners: The Islanders

Jim Ross: The Midnight Express had better be prepared for next week Cowboy. Samu and Tonga look ready to tear them limb from limb!

Bill Watts: We are certainly going to find out what kind of team they really are. That little pipsqueak Cornette isn't getting involved, I guarantee you that!

Jim Ross: He's probably on the phone with his lawyer or his Mama right now.

Bill Watts: He's not getting out of this one.

A big eruption of cheers from the crowd as Kevin Von Erich comes to ringside and joins Marc Lowrance.

Marc Lowrance: Kevin Von Erich, we weren't expecting you this evening. Welcome to the show!

Kevin Von Erich: Thanks Marc. I'm sorry to interrupt, but I didn't feel like this could wait.

Marc Lowrance: That's okay Kevin, what's going on?

Kevin Von Erich: Well you know Marc, for years Gary Hart has been a thorn in the side of the Von Erich family. My Dad, my brother David, me, Kerry, all of us. Now he's shown back up here in World Class, and brought Kabuki and Kamala with him.

Marc Lowrance: Right.

Kevin Von Erich: He's a snake. You can't trust anything he says.

Marc Lowrance: What is this about Kevin?

Kevin Von Erich: Well Marc, Gary Hart claims that he doesn't know why Kabuki attacked Rick Steamboat in that cage match with Nick Bockwinkel. I think he's full of it!

Marc Lowrance: and what makes you say that?

Kevin Von Erich: Well, I don't have any proof.....yet. But..

Gary Hart comes walking out shaking his head to a chorus of boo's

Gary Hart: You don't have any proof.

Kevin Von Erich: Yet.

Gary Hart: Because there is no proof. I've said time and time again, I'd never even met Nick Bockwinkel.

Kevin Von Erich: Liar!

Gary Hart: Listen Von Erich!

Kevin grabs Hart by the jacket.

Kevin Von Erich: NO! YOU LISTEN!!

Before Kevin can finish his thought he is nailed from behind by a huge bald man. Marc Lowrance is knocked over, Gary Hart is sent sprawling, and Kevin is smashed hard into the ring apron.

Jim Ross: THAT'S KILLER KHAN!!!

Before Kevin has time to recover, Khan grabs him around the neck and locks in the Oriental Spike! Kevin does his best to fight it, but is soon on his knees. Again, a host of officials, referees, and lower card wrestlers hit the scene and pull the two men apart. Gary Hart leads Killer Khan away from the scene, as Kevin is helped to his feet with blood running from his mouth.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back Ladies and Gentleman. To give you an update on what just happened, I am being told that Kevin Von Erich is being tended to by a physician for the injuries he received at the hands of Killer Khan and the Oriental Spike. Kevin had threatened to reveal information regarding a potential alliance between Gary Hart and Nick Bockwinkel, and was confronted by Hart. When Von Erich laid his hands on Hart, he was then assaulted by Khan, which leads this announcer to believe that the allegations of a Bockwinkel/Hart alliance are potentially true. There is definitely an alliance between Hart and Killer Khan as they left together after the attack.

Bill Watts: That is three very dangerous men under the employ of Gary Hart. Bad news for everyone here in World Class Wrestling.

Jim Ross: Yes it is Cowboy. Okay, let's head to the ring where Chief Jules Strongbow is set to make his World Class return.

-Chief Jules Strongbow vs Snake Brown-

Strongbow made his return to World Class with a beat down of the man who hails "From Outta Town" Snake Brown. It was pretty much all Strongbow from the opening bell as he dominated with chops, a grinding side headlock, a running crossbody, and then he put him away with the Indian Deathlock.

Winner: Chief Jules Strongbow

Jim Ross: Jules Strongbow picks up a win in his World Class return here tonight.

Bill Watts: His told me that his first run here didn't go quite as he'd hoped, but that he has returned focused and his goal is to bring glory to his people.

Jim Ross: He is off to one heck of a start with a dominant win like that Cowboy.

Bill Watts: He certainly is Jim.

Jim Ross: Now, up next we are going to see The Glamour Boys and The Highwaymen go at it again. This thing started clear back in July when The Highwaymen jumped The Glamour Boys from behind. After that these teams met all over the World Class area in matches that went to Double Count Outs and Double Disqualifications. Finally back on Labor Day they met in a Street Fight, and The Highwaymen were able to pick up a win. The Glamour Boys asked for one more chance, and tonight they are going to get it.

1 Fall, 30 Minute Time Limit

-The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) vs The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson)-

The Glamour Boys actually jump The Highwaymen before the bell in this one, and grab the early advantage. Doll and Simpson work Hickerson over with high speed offense, and keep him separated from his partner  in the early part of the match. Eventually Phil manages to catch Simpson with a big clothesline and tags Duncum in, and the pace of the match changes as The Highwaymen get Simpson in their corner, and start beating him down.

After Duncum gives Hickerson a bit of time to recover, the two begin to make frequent tags as they beat on Simpson, and soon it looks like The Glamour Boys are all but done. However, Duncum whips Simpson into the rope and when he goes for a clothesline of his own, Simpson is able to duck under it, and on the rebound he catches Duncum with a cross body block. Instead of going for a cover, Simpson keeps rolling and comes up in his own corner for a tag!

Doll comes in and starts throwing dropkicks, first at Duncum, then at Hickerson who has jumped into the ring. A hiptoss for each guy follows, and then another dropkick sends Hickerson out of the ring. Duncum tries another clothesline, but Doll ducks it and grabs a waistlock. He runs Duncum into the ropes, and then both men go backwards into a roll up that ends with Doll on top! Referee Alfred Neely counts One, Two, Three!

Winners: The Glamour Boys

Doll and Simpson quickly exit the ring and celebrate with the crowd as Hickerson and Duncum look beyond angry in the ring.

Jim Ross: The Glamour Boys finally pick up a win against The Highwaymen, and they are on cloud nine!

Bill Watts: It is definitely the biggest win they've had here in World Class and...would you look at this...

As Hickerson and Duncum are leaving ringside, Paul Jones appears in the aisle way to meet them. He puts a hand on the shoulder of each man and leads them out of the arena.

Jim Ross: What's that about?

Bill Watts: Birds of a feather Jim. Let's take a break before our main event.

-Commercial Break-

When the show comes back from commercial "Dr. D" David Schultz, his face still stained with his own blood, is in the middle of the ring with a microphone.

David Schultz: ...don't care whether Geigel or Watts or Gagne or anybody in the damn AWA likes it or not! I came here to win that Heavyweight Title, ya understand that? Every single time I've been about to do that, somebody's got in my way. John Studd cost me the World Title, and I plan to take it out of his butt, but now I got Bruiser Brody sticking his nose in my business. So put me in the ring with one of them. Hell, put me in the ring with both of them, I don't care. I'll fight 'em both right now. What is this?

Security heads to the ring and pretty much swarms David Schultz. He goes peacefully, but makes a show of it for the crowd.

Bill Watts: Let's just move on with the show Jim.

Jim Ross: You got it. Up next we have our main event of the evening. A match for the Central States Title between Barry Windham and "Hollywood" John Tatum. Windham is defending the title, and Tatum has agreed that should he not win the title here tonight, he will leave World Class Wrestling until the New Year.

Bill Watts: Big stakes for both men.

Jim Ross: You can say that again!

-Barry Windham vs "Hollywood" John Tatum- AWA Central States Title

As soon as the bell rings, John Tatum charges across the ring to try and get the jump on Barry Windham. Windham leapfrogs over Tatum, which sends him crashing into the turnbuckle. Barry charges into the ropes and nails Tatum who has just staggered out of the corner with a huge Lariat. Windham covers him for the One, Two, Three!

Winner, and Still Central States Champion: Barry Windham

Jim Ross: IT'S OVER!!

Bill Watts: Windham retains in what has to be record time, and just like that John Tatum is out of World Class Wrestling until next year!!

Tatum is pleading with Referee David Manning that he wasn't ready and making his best pouting face as Barry Windham goes from turnbuckle to turnbuckle raising the Central States Title for everyone to see.

Jim Ross: That will do it for World Class Wrestling this week folks. But be sure to join us next week where we will have not one, but two title matches as The Movement defend the AWA World Tag Team Titles against The Youngbloods and The Midnight Express defend the World Class Tag Titles against The Islanders with Jim Cornette handcuffed to our own Cowboy Bill Watts!

Bill Watts: I can't wait Jim!

Jim Ross: I bet you can't! See you next week everyone!

The war between Studd, Brody and Shultz is at an all time high. Maybe a 3 way match is coming. That would be epic! 

Islanders seem pumped up and ready for the Midnight Express. LOL, Watts says Corny cant get out of the stipulation. 

Kevin confronts Hart but get attacked by Killer Khan! Hart has assembled a dangerous group of monsters.

Strongbow is back and says this time will be different.

Glamour Boys finally get a satisfying win over the Highway Men. But it looks like Paul Jones has some interest in the Highway Men. Could be trouble for the Glamour Boys.

Oh Man! Windham makes short work of Tatum and sends him packing for a bit. LOL, great TV moment. 

Studd ... Brody... Schultz.... the must mean chaos and ratings!  Fun angle here

The Midnight Express are awesome but might not be as great as Cornette and his mother.  Cornette is golden in games like this and I would love to see them all as World Champs some day down the road.

Hart is getting one nasty group of misfits.  The VonErichs better be on their toes.

Glad Windham came out on top.  Tatum is awesome as that annoying heel but still needs some time before he gets big time.

Can't wait until your big Halloween Show

-10-5-84 from the Municipal Auditorium in Topeka, KS-

1) Chief Jules Strongbow beat Ali Bey in 8:22 w/Indian Deathlock

2) "Cowboy" Bob Orton w/Paul Jones defeated Mark Ragin in 6:57 w/Superplex

3) Killer Khan w/Gary Hart over Tugboat Taylor in 7:54 w/Flying Kneedrop

4) The Great Kabuki/Kamala w/Gary Hart & Friday defeated Jim Powers/Joe Savoldi in 6:32 when Kamala pinned Savoldi

5) The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) over The Thunderfoots (Thunderfoot I/Thunderfoot II) in 4:12 when Tonga Kid pinned Thunderfoot I

6) "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine beat Sam Houston in 10:14 w/Tights Assisted Roll Up in a match for the Southwestern Heavyweight Title

7) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) and The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) wrestled to a Draw in 20:00

8) The Movement (Iceman King Parsons, Shaska Whatley, Tiger Conway Jr) beat Brian Adias and The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) in 19:29 when Whatley pinned Mark Youngblood

9) Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich defeated The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette by Disqualification in 26:31 when Cornette interfered in a match for the World Class Tag Team Titles

10) "Dr. D" David Schultz and Bruiser Brody wrestled to a Double Count Out in 8:48

11) Nick Bockwinkel and Barry Windham wrestled to a Draw in 60:00 in a match for the World Class Heavyweight Title

-10-6-84 from the Levitt Arena in Wichita, KS-

4) The Great Kabuki/Kamala w/Gary Hart & Friday defeated Jim Powers/Joe Savoldi in 6:32 when Kamala pinned Savoldi

5) The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) over The Thunderfoots (Thunderfoot I/Thunderfoot II) in 4:12 when Tonga Kid pinned Thunderfoot I

6) "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine beat Sam Houston in 10:14 w/Tights Assisted Roll Up in a match for the Southwestern Heavyweight Title

7) The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) and The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) wrestled to a Draw in 20:00

8) Iceman King Parsons and Brian Adias wrestled to a Double Disqualification in 11:33

9) Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich defeated The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette by Disqualification in 26:31 when Cornette interfered in a match for the World Class Tag Team Titles

10) "Dr. D" David Schultz and Bruiser Brody wrestled to a Double Count Out in 8:48

11) Nick Bockwinkel and Barry Windham wrestled to a Draw in 60:00 in a match for the World Class Heavyweight Title

-10-7-84 from the Convention Center in Tulsa, OK-

8) The Movement (Iceman King Parsons, Shaska Whatley, Tiger Conway Jr) beat Brian Adias and The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) in 19:29 when Whatley pinned Mark Youngblood

-10-8-84 from the Myriad Convention Center in Oklahoma City, OK-

-10-9-84 from the Memorial Auditorium in Wichita Falls, TX-

I agree with Kev, those last 3 matches were off the charts! 

Orton and Khan get solid wins as they move on up the rankings. 

LOL, HTM continues his winning ways. 

Looks like the Highwaymen and Glamour Boys are going to need a big time gimmick match to end their feud. 

Islanders look more than ready for their upcoming title match with the Midnights. 

-Broadcasting live to our local affiliates in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri, as well as in Syndication across these great United States, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents World Class Wrestling, coming to you this week from the North Side Coliseum in Fort Worth!-

F7oZ5gK.png

Jim Ross: Good Evening Ladies and Gentleman, and welcome to a very special edition of AWA World Class Wrestling. I'm Jim Ross and with me for now is "Cowboy" Bill Watts. Tonight we will see two huge matches as both the World Class Tag Team Titles as well as the AWA World Tag Team Titles will be defended right here on this show.

Bill Watts: I'll be here until the time comes for me to go handcuff myself to that little Mama's Boy runt Cornette!

Jim Ross: Whichever team comes out on top of the AWA World Tag Team Championship match has commitments to defend those titles tomorrow night, so that match will be happening first to allow either The Movement or The Youngbloods extra time to shower, leave the arena, and get to the airport.

Bill Watts: There is no time for celebration when you are champion of the world Jim.

Jim Ross: Apparently not Bill. A further stipulation has been added to this match as well, let's head to this video taped statement from one of the heads of World Class Wrestling, Bob Geigel.

Ladies and Gentleman, per the ruling of the American Wrestling Association Championship Committee, if either Brian Adias or Iceman King Parsons become involved in tonight's match between Jay and Mark Youngblood and the team of Shaska Whatley and Tiger Conway Junior for the AWA World Tag Team Titles, they will be immediately terminated from World Class Wrestling, and deemed inelligable to be hired by any affiliate of the American Wrestling Association. We expect a good clean championship bout from both teams. Thank You

Jim Ross: There you have it Bill. If Adias or the Iceman get involved, they are essentially out of wrestling.

Bill Watts: Neither of them are stupid men. They'll stay away tonight. Besides, next week they'll meet in the Main Event of our program in what we are calling a Lumberjack Strap Match.

Jim Ross: A Lumberjack Strap Match?

Bill Watts: We are gonna handcuff Conway, Whatley, and both Youngbloods to each of the four turnbuckles and give them leather straps. If Parsons and Adias leave the ring, those men have been instructed to whip the hell out of them!

Jim Ross: That should get them to stay in the ring and settle their differences!

Bill Watts: The winner also gets Bockwinkel for the Heavyweight Title on Halloween night!

Jim Ross: That's huge!

Bill Watts: That's next week. Let's get to this week!

-The Movement (Shaska Whatley/Tiger Conway Jr) vs The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) - AWA World Tag Team Titles

Conway and Whatley attempt to sneak attack The Youngbloods before the bell, but are met with a pair of chops to the top of the head, and then each of them receive a series of wicked chops to the chest. A double dropkick from Mark and Jay sends Shaska to the floor, and then Jay goes to work on Conway as Mark exits the ring. Jay Youngblood is all over Tiger Conway for the next several minutes, battering him with chops, working him over with a headlock, and finally whipping him into the ropes and catching him with a huge back body drop. Jay tags in Mark who does a little war dance and peppers Conway with more chops and takes him down with a dropkick. Mark Youngblood grabs the leg of Tiger Conway and looks to be going for a submission of some kind, but Conway reaches up and gouges the eyes of Youngblood. Conway quickly scurries across the ring and tags in Whatley.

Shaska Whatley enters the ring and takes the recovering Mark Youngblood down with a big clothesline. Whatley grabs two handfuls of hair, jerks Mark to his feet, and plants him with a bodyslam. Whatley drops an elbow on Mark, then grabs a headlock of his own. Whatley grinds on the headlock, until Mark is able to bring his legs up and pull Shaska down into a head scissors. Shaska rolls free of it, and Mark attempts to get across the ring to tag in Jay, but Whatley is a little faster on this occasion and nails him with a double axe handle to the back. Whatley drags Youngblood back toward The Movement corner and hooks on an abdominal stretch. When referee David Manning is asking Mark Youngblood if he wants to give it up, Whatley reaches back and Conway grabs his hand to make the pressure even greater!

This went on several times with The Movement ceasing to cheat just as Manning was about to catch them several times. Finally when the crowd was at a fever pitch, Manning caught them, and actually kicked the hands of both Whatley and Conway to stop the cheating. This allowed Mark Youngblood to hip toss Shaska Whatley and break the abdominal stretch. Mark began to crawl toward Jay for the tag, but Whatley was able to recover and ran toward Mark and went for an elbow drop, but Mark was able to roll out of the way, and Whatley hit nothing but empty canvas! Tiger Conway entered the ring to try and stop the tag, but a surge of energy hit Mark and he leapt forward and tagged in his brother!

Jay Youngblood hit the ring fists a flying, and nailed Conway with a big right hand, then he nailed Whatley with a big right hand. Dropkick for Conway, dropkick for Whatley. Youngblood was fired up as both members of The Movement bailed out of the ring.

-Commercial Break-

As we return from commercial, Jay Younglood nails Shaska Whatley with a crossbody block and gets a count of two. Youngblood pulls Whatley to his feet and whips him into the ropes, Youngblood bends down for a backdrop but Whatley stops short and catches him with a knee lift. Both men begin to crawl to their corners, and both make the tag at about the same time. Conway and Mark charge into action, and Conway catches Mark with an elbow to the head. Conway quickly slaps on a front face lock and drags Mark to the ground.

Several minutes pass with Conway in control, but Mark finally begins to fight back to his feet. A series of elbow to the gut of Conway gets him free of the hold, then a series of chops to the head and chest have Conway rocking. Mark goes into the ropes and comes back with a big clothesline that puts Conway onto his back. Mark quickly ascends to the top ropes and waits for Conway to get back to his feet. Just as Conway starts to get back up, Whatley charges across the apron and shoves Mark Youngblood off the turnbuckle!

Mark hits the mat with a thud, which brings Jay Youngblood charging into the ring! Jay bowls over Conway who has just gotten to his feet, and charges into the corner where he grabs Shaska by the beard and pulls him into the ring! Jay begins to unload on Whatley with chops until David Manning has to grab Jay by the hair to get him off of Whatley. Jay is incensed as Manning shoves him across the ring to get him back to the apron because he isn't the legal man.

What Manning misses as he is getting Jay out of the ring is Tiger Conway and Mark Youngblood both getting to their feet at the same time. Conway quickly grabs Mark from behind and restrains his arms, as Whatley who was still in the corner quickly comes out and kicks Mark Youngblood in the groin. Mark collapses to the mat, and Conway cradles him.

Manning finally gets Jay out of the ring and turns to see the cover, and begins to count. Jay tries to get back in and break it up, but he is moments too late.

Winners, and Still AWA World Tag Team Champions: The Movement

Jim Ross: They've done it again Cowboy. The Movement steal another one!

Bill Watts: These guys have been traveling all over the AWA spreading their message of hate, and cheating to keep those titles around their waists. I can't wait until someone puts them in their place.

Jim Ross: You have to think that The Youngbloods will get another opportunity after the way this one ended.

Bill Watts: If I have anything to say about it, they darn sure will Jim.

Jim Ross: Alright Cowboy, we are heading to break, and then you have a date with Jim Cornette!

-Commercial Break-

As the show returns from break we see "Cowboy" Bill Watts at ringside setting up two folding chairs. He produces a pair of handcuffs from his jacket pocket and cuffs one end to his own wrist. A big smile crosses his face as the music of The Midnight Express begins to play.

When they reach ringside, Cornette who is holding a piece of paper immediately grabs the microphone from Marc Lowrance....

Jim Cornette: Now if you think for one minute that I am going to let myself be handcuffed to that imbecile in a cowboy hat you are sadly mistaken! I have hear a letter from my Mother's lawyer that says if I am placed in handcuffs or restrained in any fashion, that not only will she sue World Class Wrestling, she will sue the entire American Wrestling Association! So Bill Watts, you can take your handcuffs and you can stick them where the sun don't shine!

Before Cornette can continue his rant, AWA World Class Official Bob Geigel marches down to the ring and snatches the microphone out of Cornette's hand.

Bob Geigel: Mr. Cornette, either you get out of this ring and allow yourself to be handcuffed to Bill Watts RIGHT NOW, or I will strip The Midnight Express of those World Class Tag Team Titles effective immediately!

Cornette is beside himself as he turns around to speak with Bobby and Dennis. After a few moments of conversation, Cornette stomps out of the ring like a petulant child and over to Bill Watts. Watts grabs the Tennis Racket in the hand of Cornette and gives it to Bob Geigel who is heading backstage, and then clamps the cuff onto the wrist of Cornette and squeezes it tight. Cornette starts to voice a complaint, but Watts simply places a hand on his shoulder and shoves him down into a chair, before taking a seat next to him.

-The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette vs The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) - AWA World Class Tag Team Titles

As soon as The Islanders hit the ring, Bobby and Dennis jump on them and try to gain the early advantage. It lasts all of about ten seconds as Samu and Tonga Kid simply shrug off the blows, stick out their tongues, and begin to fire away with chops on Eaton and Condrey which leads to both of them bailing out to the floor rather quickly.

Cornette tries to get up and talk strategy with them, but Watts quickly yanks him back into his seat. Eaton and Condrey take a moment to decide just who is going to get back into the ring, and finally Dennis does. Condrey locks up with Samu and is immediately scooped up and slammed down hard. Dennis quickly shuffles across the ring on his knees and tags in Bobby. Eaton enters the ring and after some stalling locks up with Samu, and is immediately slammed down hard! Again both members of The Midnight Express head to the floor.

Only this time Tonga Kid interrupts their huddle and gives them a double noggin knocker, and then tosses Eaton back into the ring much to the chagrin of Cornette who is complaining loudly at ringside as Bill Watts loudly laughs.

-Commercial Break-

We return from break just in time to see Bobby Eaton reverse an Irish whip attempt by Tonga Kid who had just been tagged in, and Dennis Condrey stick his knee out and catch Tonga in the back. Eaton is quick to follow it up with a swinging neckbreaker, and then quickly tags in Condrey. Dennis goes to work first dropping a knee on Kid, then clamping on a rear chinlock. A quick transition to a side headlock and a tag to Eaton allows The Express to get a double team as Eaton comes off the second rope and drops a double sledge into the back of Tonga Kid.

The next several minutes of the match are a showcase in tag team wrestling from The Midnight Express as they keep Tonga Kid cut off from his partner firmly in their corner. They work over his neck and back with stomps, elbows, and holds. They make frequent tags and on each one utilize their five seconds to it's fullest potential as they double team Tonga Kid relentlessly.

The match looks to be all but over when Condrey hits a huge back suplex on Tonga and tags in Eaton who heads to the top rope. Bobby fly's off with a kneedrop, but at the last possible second, Tonga manages to roll out of the way, and Eaton crashes hard into the mat! Tonga begins to crawl hand over hand toward his corner as Eaton who is clutching his knee scoots across the ring toward Dennis. The crowd is going bananas as Tonga inches closer to making the tag, but even with his knee throbbing in pain, Eaton gets their first and tags in Condrey. Dennis leaps into the ring and sprints toward Tonga Kid, but he is just a second too late to stop the HOT TAG!!

Samu comes into the ring like a mad man and lights up Condrey with a huge chop that sounds like thunder in the arena. Eaton limps back across the ring, only to be met with a thrust kick to the face. Samu grabs Dennis and whips him across the ring and hits him with a huge back body drop! Samu bounces off the ropes and hits a big splash onto Condrey. Referee Alfred Neely counts One, Two, Kickout!

Samu picks Dennis up onto his shoulders and gives him a big Samoan Drop that plants him near the turnbuckle. He points for Tonga to head to the top rope, and then charges across the ring where he nails Bobby Eaton with a shoulder tackle that sends him out of the ring.

Jim Ross: WAIT JUST A SECOND!!

At the same time as Samu starts across the ring to nail Bobby Eaton, a man in a black and silver mask hops over the guard rail and onto the ring apron. He shoves Tonga Kid off the turnbuckle and causes him to crotch himself on the top rope and crash to the floor. He then enters the ring and nearly rips Samu's head off with a lariat prompting the disqualification.

Winners, by Disqualification: The Islanders

Jim Ross: THAT'S THE DAMN SPOILER!! HE DOESN'T WORK HERE!!

Outside of the ring Bill Watts is not happy about what has happened and Jim Cornette is running his mouth about a mile a minute regarding the fact that The Midnight Express are still World Class Tag Team Champions. Watts has enough and slaps Cornette upside the head hard enough that Cornette hits the ground. Bobby and Dennis don't take too kindly to that and jump Watts from behind, leading to security, officials, preliminary wrestlers, and referee's to come pouring out of the back as ringside turns into a riot.

The Spoiler manages to disappear during the whole mess. Condrey is pushing people and throwing punches, while Eaton somehow manages to get Cornette uncuffed from Watts. The three of them then begin making their way towards the dressing room. When Watts makes it to his feet he is fuming and fortunately the censors are quick on the button tonight, because he is letting them fly.

Jim Ross: Go to commercial....go to commercial.....

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Ladies and Gentleman, welcome back to World Class Wrestling. I'd like to apologize for the chaos here this evening, and any unfortunate language that may have been heard. As you all saw The Midnight Express were moments away from being defeated for the World Class Tag Team Titles by The Islanders, when The Spoiler who isn't even employed here got involved in the match and caused the disqualification. Then all heck broke loose, and I am sure there will be fines or suspensions coming down the river for the people involved here tonight. Anyway....well here comes Kevin Von Erich.....

Kevin Von Erich comes walking down to the ring with a purpose and Marc Lowrance joins him inside the ring.

Marc Lowrance: Kevin Von Erich, you look like you have something on your mind.

Kevin Von Erich: Marc Lowrance, last week I told you that I was sure that Gary Hart and Nick Bockwinkel were working together when it came to The Great Kabuki attacking Ricky Steamboat during the cage match several weeks ago. I said I didn't have any proof, and still Killer Khan showed up to attack me. What does that tell you Marc?

Marc Lowrance: That you must be on too something.

Kevin Von Erich: That's right Marc. That match took place right here in Fort Worth, and the Von Erich's have been coming here for a lot of years, and I've made a lot of friends that work in this building. Well, one of those friends works as the head of security for the North Side Coliseum, and he gave me a little piece of footage from the night of September Thirteenth that I would like to play for everyone right now.

We are taken to grainy security footage of the parking lot of the North Side Coliseum that is time stamped for about an hour after the show would have ended that night. We see Nick Bockwinkel and Big John Studd putting their bags into the back of a Lincoln Continental, and then we see Gary Hart and The Great Kabuki approach them. Bockwinkel gets a big smile on his face and extends his hand to Hart who reaches out and shakes it. Meanwhile Studd reaches into the trunk of the car and produces a briefcase which he hands to Bockwinkel. Words are exchanged between Bockwinkel and Hart, and then Bockwinkel hands Hart the briefcase. The two men shake hands again, and as Studd closes the trunk, Hart and Kabuki walk out of the scene. The tape ends shortly after.

Kevin Von Erich: Gary Hart wants to claim that he's never met Nick Bockwinkel! Gary Hart wants to...

Kevin stops talking as Killer Khan and The Great Kabuki hit the ring and he prepares to defend himself. Marc Lowrance quickly dives out of the ring as both Khan and Kabuki go after Kevin. Kevin manages to get a few blows in on Khan, but when he turns to confront Kabuki is met with a huge thrust kick to the face! Things go from bad to worse as Gary Hart and Friday arrive at ringside with "The Ugandan Giant" Kamala. Kamala enters the ring as Khan and Kabuki are laying the stomps to Kevin. Khan and Kabuki grab the arms and legs of Kevin and stretch him out for a Splash from Kamala...

However the fans erupt as Kerry Von Erich sprints down to ringside and is able to start blasting away at Kamala with punches! Kabuki abandons Kevin to go after Kerry, which allows Kevin to start fighting with Khan again. Meanwhile Kerry has Kamala reeling and blasts him with a Discus Punch that sends him between the ropes and to the floor! Kerry turns around to find his next opponent, but is met with a face full of Green Mist!!!

Kevin is exchanging punches with Killer Khan, as Kerry eats a Thrust Kick from Kabuki that sends him out to the floor with Kamala. Kabuki goes to make it a two on one with Kahn, when another person comes sprinting down the aisle and enters the ring. The newcomer blasts Kabuki with a Super Kick that sends him to the mat and rolling out of the ring. At about the same moment, Kevin nails Killer Khan with a huge dropkick that sends him sailing out of the ring.

Kevin slowly turns and see's Kabuki on the floor, see's Kerry wiping Mist out of his eyes and then locks eyes with the man who came to help him. Kevin holds up his fists ready to fight, as the man holds out his palms as if to say, I'm not here to fight you. Jim Ross's voice is the last thing we hear as the show goes off the air....

Jim Ross: THAT'S CHRIS ADAMS! WHAT IN THE HELL IS HE DOING HERE!! WHAT'S GOING ON TONIGHT!!

Awesome show! Props to you on giving us 2 tag title matches and the hard work you put into it.  

The Movement retain in of course shady fashion. The Youngbloods put up a hell of a fight and looks like they will get a rematch. Great match! 

Our next match is another wild one. Love the Watts/Geigel/Cornette interactions before the match LOL. What a match! The Islanders are on the verge of winning the titles until the Spoiler makes a shocking appearance and saves the Midnight Express. Chaos ensues and this one is far from over. 

The show could of easily ended there but there's more! Kevin provides proof of Bock's affiliation with Hart. Wild brawl ensues! Hart's monsters are ready to destroy Kevin until Kerry helps but there's more! Chris Adams returns and aligns with the Von Erichs! WOW! 

Non stop action packed show! Huge surprises! Cant wait for that Lumberjack strap match! 

-10-12-84 from The Sports Arena in Amarillo, TX-

1) The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) over The Thunderfoots (Thunderfoot I/Thunderfoot II) in 4:29 when Tonga Kid pinned II

2) "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine beat Chief Jules Strongbow in 11:17 w/Sunshine holding foot assisted pinfall!

3) Iceman King Parsons and Sam Houston wrestled to a Draw in 15:00

4) "Cowboy" Bob Orton/The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) w/Paul Jones defeated Barry Windham/The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) in 25:48 when Orton pinned Doll

5) Big John Studd and "Dr. D" David Schultz wrestled to a Double Count Out in 7:32

6) The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette over The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) in 27:29 when Eaton pinned Mark after Cornette interference in a match for the World Class Tag Team Titles

7) Nick Bockwinkel and Brian Adias wrestled to a Draw in 45:00 in a match for the World Class Heavyweight Title

8) Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich/Bruiser Brody fought Killer Khan/The Great Kabuki/Kamala w/Gary Hart & Friday to a Double Disqualification in 15:11

-10-13-84 from The Lubbock Memorial Coliseum in Lubbock, TX-

1) The Islanders (Samu/Tonga Kid) over The Thunderfoots (Thunderfoot I/Thunderfoot II) in 4:29 when Tonga Kid pinned II

2) "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine beat Chief Jules Strongbow in 11:17 w/Sunshine holding foot assisted pinfall!

4) "Cowboy" Bob Orton/The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) w/Paul Jones defeated Barry Windham/The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) in 25:48 when Orton pinned Doll

5) Big John Studd and "Dr. D" David Schultz wrestled to a Double Count Out in 7:32

6) The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Dennis Condrey) w/Jim Cornette over The Youngbloods (Jay Youngblood/Mark Youngblood) in 27:29 when Eaton pinned Mark after Cornette interference in a match for the World Class Tag Team Titles

7) Nick Bockwinkel and Brian Adias wrestled to a Draw in 45:00 in a match for the World Class Heavyweight Title

8) Kerry Von Erich/Kevin Von Erich/Bruiser Brody fought Killer Khan/The Great Kabuki/Kamala w/Gary Hart & Friday to a Double Disqualification in 15:11

-10-14-84 from The Ector County Coliseum in Odessa, TX-

-10-15-84 from The Hemisfair Arena in San Antonio, TX-

-10-16-84 from The Frank Erwin Center in Austin, TX-

-Broadcasting live to our local affiliates in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri, as well as in Syndication across these great United States, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents World Class Wrestling, coming to you this week from the Sportatorium in Dallas!-

F7oZ5gK.png

As the show comes on the air, Jim Ross and Bill Watts are running for their lives as David Schultz is thrown into and over the table they use as an announce position. Big John Studd has only moments to watch Schultz sail over the table, before he is nailed by a Bruiser Brody right hand. Studd fires one back, and the two brawl toward ringside. Schultz is only out of the fight momentarily and soon leaps into the fray, throwing punches at both men. All three of them are throwing punches, shoving each other into guard rails and the ringpost, and by the time that security, preliminary wrestlers, and officials rushed ringside, Brody was wielding a steel chair.

All three men were pulled apart by the horde of people at ringside, and an angry Bill Watts stormed into the center of the chaos with a microphone.

Bill Watts: ALL THREE OF YOU LISTEN, AND YOU LISTEN GOOD! I'M SICK OF THIS CRAP!! SO COME HALLOWEEN STAR WARS, WE ARE GONNA SETTLE IT! WE ARE GONNA SETTLE IT IN A... CHAMBER OF HORRORS! UNTIL THEN YOU ARE ALL SUSPENDED! NOW GET THEM THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!

The mass of people at ringside drag Brody, Schultz, and Studd away from ringside and apparently out of the building. Watts and Ross head back toward the announce position, and Marc Lowrance heads for the middle of the ring.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Hello Everyone, and Welcome to AWA World Class Wrestling. I'm Jim Ross and joining me is an angry "Cowboy" Bill Watts!

Bill Watts: I'm not angry Jim, I am just sick and tired to those three guys constantly trying to kill one another. Actually, I'm fine with that. I'm just sick of them not doing it in the ring. This out of the ring crap has to stop! and it's gonna stop!

Jim Ross: You want to fill us in on just what a Chamber of Horrors is?

Bill Watts: Well Jim, we were having a special steel cage built for another match, but I've decided we are going to use it for these three. Instead of sitting on the apron of the ring, this cage will sit on the floor and go all the way around the ring with a couple of feet between the wall of the cage and the ring, and it's gonna have a roof over it. Each of these three guys is going to be allowed to bring a weapon to the ring, and when they get there, we are going to padlock the door shut and let them beat the heck out of each other. After ten minutes have passed, we are going to unlock the door. Whichever one of them manages to fight their way out that door first, I am going to grant a shot at whatever title they want to challenge for here in World Class.

Jim Ross: That's huge!

Bill Watts: The next guy out gets nothing, and whoever the last man left in the cage is.... I am firing. I told you, this crap is going to stop.

Jim Ross: That certainly seems like it will take care of the problem Cowboy. It looks like our first match is ready to go, let's head down to the ring.

1 Fall, 20 Minute Time Limit

-Killer Khan/The Great Kabuki/Kamala w/Gary Hart & Friday vs Jack Spade/Tim Bennant/Shane Tylor-

This was an execution. Kabuki started the match and had young Shane Tylor in a paralyzing nerve hold in moments. He released it and destroyed him with a Thrust Kick, then tossed the rookie into his own corner. Bennant tagged in, just as Kabuki tagged Kamala. Kamala took Bennant down with a huge chop to the top of the head, then crushed him with the Big Splash. Friday motioned for Kamala to get off the man before the referee was able to count three. Hart and Friday then managed to get Kamala to tag in Killer Khan. Khan drug the not moving Bennant to the corner left him at the feet of Spade who reluctantly tagged himself in. Khan let loose a scream and took him down with a double thrust to the chest and then quickly applied the Oriental Spike. Referee Alfred Neely quickly called for the bell.

Winners: Killer Khan/The Great Kabuki/Kamala

Jim Ross: Absolute destruction by these monsters. Marc Lowrance is standing by with Gary Hart and his men.

Marc Lowrance is surrounded by Khan, Kabuki, Kamala, and Friday as Gary Hart stands next to him rubbing his hands together.

Marc Lowrance: Gary Hart, last week Kevin Von Erich presented conclusive proof that you conspired with Nick Bockwinkel to cheat Ricky Steamboat out of the World Class Title and his job with the company.

Gary Hart: What transpired between myself and Nick Bockwinkel is not the grand conspiracy that you think it is Marc Lowrance. I was preparing to make my return to World Class Wrestling, and as a business man, I found it to be smart business to introduce myself to the major players, and it doesn't get much more major than the Heavyweight Champion. Wouldn't you agree?

Marc Lowrance: I suppose not.

Gary Hart: So after I made my introductions, Mr. Bockwinkel made me an offer, and a smart businessman never turns down an opportunity. I have no quarrel with Ricky Steamboat. I have no alliance with Nick Bockwinkel. What I do have is fifteen thousand dollars for allowing The Great Kabuki to assist Mr. Bockwinkel in whatever form the Champ deemed necessary. I asked no questions Marc Lowrance.

Marc Lowrance: What about Kevin Von Erich.

Gary Hart: Last week Kevin Von Erich stuck his nose in my business. Now I have three men ready to tear that nose off his face and bring it to me.

Marc Lowrance: and Chris Adams?

Gary Hart: Last I knew Chris Adams was up North beating up little Mikey Von Erich. Now it looks like he is down here trying to beg forgiveness. All I have to say to Chris Adams is that if he interferes with my men again, it won't matter whose side he is on.

Hart walks away and motions for his men to follow. Killer Khan stops to make a face at Marc Lowrance just before the show cuts to commercial.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back folks, before the break we heard from Gary Hart regarding his involvement with Nick Bockwinkel. Your thoughts Bill?

Bill Watts: Well Jim, the World Class Board of Directors has been looking into the validity of the contract forcing Steamboat out of World Class, but right now it still stands. In the meantime, I don't know what Chris Adams intentions are here, but I do know that the Von Erichs want a piece of all of Gary Hart's men, and we are working on getting something put together for Star Wars.

Jim Ross: Keep us updated on all of that when you can Cowboy. Now let's head to the ring where Chief Jules Strongbow is set for action.

-Chief Jules Strongbow vs The Bounty Hunter-

A quick showcase for Strongbow who blistered the masked man with some chops, took him down with a bodyslam, and then applied the Indian Deathlock for a submission victory.

Winner: Chief Jules Strongbow

Jim Ross: Another dominant victory by Chief Strongbow here tonight Cowboy.

Bill Watts: I spoke to the man earlier today and he told me that he hopes to put together a run of victories and then challenge for a championship. If he keeps winning matches like that, it won't be long at all.

Jim Ross: Speaking of men who are looking to challenge for championships, young Sam Houston has made it quite clear that he'd like a shot at Honky Tonk Wayne Ferris and the Southwestern Title. He's up next looking to prove that he deserves that chance.

-Sam Houston vs Thunderfoot II-

The Thunderfoot charges Houston before the bell, but Sam is able to move out of the way and send the masked man crashing into the turnbuckle. Houston caught him with an armdrag coming out of the corner, and then went to work on the arm. Thunderfoot managed to get back to his feet and attempted to whip Houston into the ropes, but Houston was able to reverse it and caught the masked man with a big dropkick. Houston then got in position and nailed Thunderfoot II with a huge Bulldog as he got back up. The pinfall was academic.

Winner: Sam Houston

Marc Lowrance catches up with Houston as he is exiting the ring.

Marc Lowrance: A big win tonight Sam Houston, and I've just been informed that you have been granted a match with "Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris for the Southwestern Title at the upcoming Halloween Star Wars!

Sam Houston: WOOO!!! ALRIGHT!!! That's great news Marc! I've been training real hard and getting better all the time, and I think all the wins I've been picking up recently are proof of that. I don't like this Honky Tonk Man, and I'm itching to get some gold around my waist. So Honky, or Wayne, or whatever you call yourself. Come Halloween, when I bulldog you into the mat, I am gonna bring that Southwestern Title home! YEAH!!!

An excited Houston walks away pumping his fists, and begins slapping hands with members of the crowd. An amused Marc Lowrance sends it back to the announce position.

Jim Ross: Sam Houston is an excited young man Cowboy.

Bill Watts: If you think he is excited now, wait until he hears the announcement I make later tonight!

Jim Ross: What's that Cowboy?

Bill Watts: Oh, you'll be excited too Jim. But for now, let's take a break!

-Commercial Break-

As we return from break Kevin Von Erich comes to the ring dressed in street clothes and asks Marc Lowrance for the microphone.

Kevin Von Erich: As I'm sure most of you know my brother Mike is out traveling around the world learning all of the different styles of wrestling. Recently he was up in the Rocky Mountain area learning from our good friend Blackjack Mulligan and while he was up there a man who we thought was our friend Chris Adams double crossed him. Just a couple weeks ago I went up there and I taught Chris Adams a lesson. So last week when Kerry and I were fighting with Gary Hart's men and I turned around to find Chris Adams standing across the ring from me, I was more than a little confused. So Chris Adams, I'm giving you one chance to come out here and explain yourself, before I come back there and continue the whipping I gave you a few weeks ago.

It takes a few moments but Chris Adams appears in the aisle to a very mixed reaction. He has a very tentative look on his face as he heads down to the ring. When he enters the ring, Kevin holds out the microphone for him, but there is no other welcome.

Chris Adams: Last week I came to Fort Worth so that I could apologize to you, to Kerry, and to the rest of your family like a man. When I saw you and Kerry being overwhelmed by Khan, Kabuki, and Kamala I figured that I could not only tell you I had seen the error of my ways, I could show you by coming out there and fighting along side you. I know that doesn't make things right. I know that doesn't make things even close to right. I still plan to make my apologies. I still plan to tell you what made me sink so low to do what I did, and how I now have to atone for those things. I know that if I ever want a shot at earning your trust, and maybe one day your friendship again, I have a long road to walk. But I'll start right now by saying, Kevin, I'm Sorry.

Adams nods his head and lays the microphone down on the mat. He then heads out of the ring to a still mixed reaction. Kevin stands with a confused look on his face and watches him walk away.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: Welcome back Ladies and Gentleman, before the break we heard from both Kevin Von Erich and Chris Adams, but I'm still not sure anything was resolved.

Bill Watts: Well Jim, I don't what Adams was alluding too about things making him sink that low, but I've seen the things he did to Mike Von Erich up there in Rocky Mountain. If he'd done that to my kin, you best believe I'd be busting his butt from here to Timbuktu.

Jim Ross: It'll be interesting to see how this thing plays out, but right now we have another Cowboy, Bob Orton ready for action.

-"Cowboy" Bob Orton w/Paul Jones vs Jim Murray-

Instead of making short work of his opponent this evening, Orton seemed to relish in punishing this one. It was a slow, methodical breaking down of Murray with particular attention paid to the lower back. Orton finally ended it with the Superplex after about five minutes.

Winner: "Cowboy" Bob Orton

As Marc Lowrance moves in to speak with Jones and Orton, The Highwaymen come to ringside and join them as well.

Marc Lowrance: Gentlemen, an impressive win....

Paul Jones: Everything my men do is impressive Marc Lowrance. But we don't have time for your stupid questions tonight. We have things to say, we have cowards to address!

Bob Orton: Barry Windham! I've been calling your name since I arrived here in World Class Wrestling. That Central States Title is going to be mine as soon as you and I step into a ring together. So why don't you show me you got some guts and face me at the Halloween Star Wars for the belt?

Phil Hickerson: Glamour Boys! We've done whipped you two punks over and over again, but you keep coming back like a bad rash. So at Star Wars we are challenging you to a Bunkhouse Brawl, so we can end you once and for all.

Bobby Duncum: We're gonna hurt'cha, and we're gonna hurt'cha bad! You Unnastan?

Paul Jones: Windham, Doll, Simpson, how about next week we have a little preview and you meet my men in a six man tag team match. Just so we can give you a little taste of the beating you'll get at the Star Wars!!

Jones laughs maniacally as he walks away with Orton and The Highwaymen

Jim Ross: Paul Jones Army throwing out the challenges tonight Cowboy.

Bill Watts: They certainly are Jim. Orton has been nothing short of impressive since his arrival here, and that may well earn him the shot at Windham and the Central States belt.

Jim Ross: The Highwaymen and The Glamour Boys have been going at it for months, I have to think the Board will grant that request for sure.

Bill Watts: I'd assume so.

Jim Ross: Didn't you say something about an announcement?

Bill Watts: I suppose now is as good a time as any.

Watts gets up from the announce position and heads to ringside. He takes the microphone from Marc Lowrance and begins.

Bill Watts: Ladies and Gentleman, we have an announcement to make here tonight, so if you'll bare with me, we'll get to our main event in just a minute. You know, ever since we became part of the AWA, World Class Wrestling has been growing and getting bigger, and an opportunity has been presented to us that we think is going to help cement us as one of the cornerstones of the American Wrestling Association.

This television show airs live here on our local affiliates in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Missouri every Friday night as we are taping it, and that is something that isn't going to change. But the rest of the country gets to see it in syndication all through out the weekend on various channels, at various times, and while we appreciate each and every one of those channels, we feel like it's time that this show was seen on a more stable platform. A singular location, where you'll know exactly where you can tune in each and every week to watch World Class Wrestling anywhere in the United States.

Which is why I am thrilled to announce that beginning in November, every Sunday Night at 6:05, World Class Wrestling will be airing on the Superstation WTBS! To kick off our partnership with them, on October 31st, we are going to go live at 8:05 P.M. and they are going to broadcast the final four matches of Halloween Star Wars for the whole world to see!

It's an exciting time here in World Class Wrestling, and we have you the fans to Thank for all of it. All of you here in our home base states, and all of you who have followed us on our syndicated networks and will hopefully continue to follow us on Superstation WTBS. Thank You So Much.

-Commercial Break-

Jim Ross: You weren't kidding about big news Cowboy!

Bill Watts: You'll probably be even more excited when you find out that we are giving everyone a vacation starting after Star Wars until Friday the Eighth!

Jim Ross: You ain't wrong!

Bill Watts: Ha! I think we have a main event to get too!

-Brian Adias vs Iceman King Parson- Lumberjack Strap Match - Winner Challenges for the World Class Title at Star Wars-

Whatley, Conway, and The Youngbloods got into a brawl before the match ever started, and it took some of the herd that broke up the brawl at the beginning of the show to get them separated. Finally each man was handcuffed to a separate corner and given a leather strap. Parsons and Adias were then brought to the ring so that the match could begin.

The match started off fast, until Tiger Conway reached into the ring and yanked the feet of Brian Adias out from under him. Then the pace slowed way down as both men realized that not only was the outside of the ring dangerous, the corners inside the ring were dangerous as well. It then became a game of trying to keep yourself out of the corner, do damage to your opponent, and potentially put your opponent into the corner.

Adias was the first man to taste the strap as Parsons worked him into the ropes and chucked him out of the ring close to Shaska Whatley. Whatley was stretching his arm out as far as he could to get his licks in, but he strapped Brian until Adias moved out of his reach. Adias would get revenge soon after, whipping Parsons into the corner where Jay Youngblood was cuffed. Youngblood simply began to strap the legs of Parsons causing him to nearly dance out of the corner and be met with an Adias dropkick.

Both men would meet the strap several more times as the match went on, until finally Adias had enough and blasted Tiger Conway Jr with a huge right hand and stole his strap. He headed back into the ring and laid into Iceman with the strap. Adias then wrapped the strap around the neck of Parsons and slapped on a sleeper hold. Iceman tried to fight it, but eventually the arm dropped, one, two, three times and this one was all over.

Winner: Brian Adias

Once they are uncuffed, The Youngbloods celebrate with Brian Adias. Whatley and Conway help Parson out of the ring and shoot mean looks toward the three men celebrating as they return to the dressing room.

Jim Ross: Brian Adias picks up a huge win and a measure of revenge against Iceman King Parsons here tonight!

Bill Watts: Not only that Jim, but he will now challenge Nick Bockwinkel for the World Class Title at Halloween Star Wars.

Jim Ross: A huge opportunity for Brian for sure.

Bill Watts: A few other matches have been made official for Star Wars, I'm being told that they'll run them down for you fans at the end of the show.

Jim Ross: Alright folks, I'm Jim Ross, for Cowboy Bill Watts, we'll see you next week, right here on World Class Wrestling!

-Halloween Star Wars-

Thursday Night, October 31st
Kemper Arena
Kansas City, Missouri

Bruiser Brody vs "Dr. D" David Schultz vs Big John Studd - Chamber or Horrors Cage Match

Nick Bockwinkel vs Brian Adias - World Class Heavyweight Title

"Honky Tonk Man" Wayne Ferris w/Sunshine vs Sam Houston - Southwestern Title

The Glamour Boys vs The Highwaymen - Bunkhouse Brawl

Barry Windham vs Cowboy Bob Orton - Central State Title

-More Matches to Be Added-